THE BROWNS BOARD

Myles Garrett on COVID-19 List

jiggins7919

Definitely out for Sunday. Not sure if he's sick or if he got close to someone, but he wasn't feeling well this week. It appears that he did test positive, so that's not great. Prayers for his health! 

Damn guys. I'll update this after I get more info. He was pretty much the ONE guy we could not lose. 

• Thanks 2

Damn Homies.. I get home from a nice Breakfast buffet spread at the local diner to wash down 3 prescribed muscle relaxers... F**k! Now I'm going to try to fire up some friends boat called 'Happy Friday' 😝...  It may have a new title called 'F*** Friday's' on my return 🤓...

Get Well Muffin man #95 !!.. 😷   

I would not rule out homestead housing related at this point ?  but, please be a false/negative ! 🤞

Next MAN UP !!  💪

• Like 1

From Ulrich at The Akron Beacon Journal...

The Browns will place defensive end Myles Garrett on the reserve/COVID-19 list, the team announced Friday morning.

The star defensive end who leads the NFL with 9.5 sacks has been away from Browns headquarters all week because of an illness.

On Thursday, coach Kevin Stefanski said Garrett had been scheduled to rejoin the team in person on Friday, but those plans were derailed because Garrett tested positive for COVID-19.

From a competitive standpoint, this is the biggest blow the Browns (6-3) could have suffered heading into their home game Sunday against the Philadelphia Eagles (3-5-1). They will be missing Garrett, the franchise's best player and an NFL Defensive Player of the Year candidate, as they chase their first playoff berth since 2002.

The Browns announced contact tracing has been completed without any high-risk close contacts of Garrett being identified. The club's training facility remained open Friday, and the team is scheduled to practice at 12:35 p.m.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/browns/2020/11/20/cleveland-browns-myles-garrett-positive-coronavirus/6355023002/

15 minutes ago, hx214 said:

53 guys on a roster. And THAT's the guy that gets it....

This defense just went from Stink to Stanky. 

The one we couldn't lose... 

39 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Dear God - take me not my All Pro DE!!

Someone here has failed to bring the sacrifices to the football gods. I can smell it. 

• Haha 2

If the reports are seemingly true that he was sent home for feeling ill before being put on the list today, I'm guessing he's out two games (assuming he recovers fine). Some people are speculating they can "back date" his being put on the COVID list to Wednesday, which would technically allow him to be "cleared" Saturday of next week, before the Jags game. Banking on 2 games, though.

• Upvote 1

Losing Myles certainly doesn't help, but the defense can not use this an an excuse and the next man (probably men) up needs to do his/their job and help beat the Eagles, cause no one is feeling sorry for the Browns on that green team. 

28 minutes ago, hx214 said:

Sunshine pumper here! If he misses 2 games? It's the iggy-lots & the Jaggy-worse.. He'd be back at Tittie sprinkles & Balti-whore..

It surely just became Rally Possum season...   1YLd.gif     now to go fix that sinking ship 🚤... later gents 

32 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

If the reports are seemingly true that he was sent home for feeling ill before being put on the list today, I'm guessing he's out two games (assuming he recovers fine). Some people are speculating they can "back date" his being put on the COVID list to Wednesday, which would technically allow him to be "cleared" Saturday of next week, before the Jags game. Banking on 2 games, though.

Has anyone lost two games because of covid in the NFL?  Most of these guys are back the following week 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Losing Myles certainly doesn't help, but the defense can not use this an an excuse and the next man (probably men) up needs to do his/their job and help beat the Eagles, cause no one is feeling sorry for the Browns on that green team. 

Same plan every week...BALL CONTROL.  12-15 play drives.  

And we can do that against the Eagles. They were awful stopping the Giants run game.

This just opens up the Eagles downfield pass game and helps their run game (stopping the run game was going to be a challenge with Garrett) .  We are seeing dink and dunk from offenses not just because we refuse to stop it...teams are on alert because of Garrett and his ability to close of the QB and make time and downfield play design difficult.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Has anyone lost two games because of covid in the NFL?  Most of these guys are back the following week 

I heard today on our local tv that he will have to play keep away for10 days from teammates.   I guess we'll see.......

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

Hubbard will. 😢

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

Well....I am not sure that this defense has needed an excuse to play shitty.

Though, to be fair, in the last two games they have only given up 16 and 7 points.........when they were averaging giving up over 30 pts before.

Can they really be improving...or were these last two game just  wind/rain  assisted, keeping the scores down. 

Maybe the biggest factor we should be looking at is the weather.

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

It surely just became Rally Possum season...   1YLd.gif     now to go fix that sinking ship 🚤... later gents 

Is it just me or is that not a possum?

Need an expert...

Cal... you around?

1YLd.gif   Common brushtail possum 

Loved and loathed in nearly all Australian capital cities, where it often takes up residence in roofs, the common brushtail has become a despised pest in New Zealand, having been introduced there for the fur industry in the mid-19th century. There are now tens of millions of
possums there. Australian Geographic Society-sponsored research recently found the red-furred coppery brushtail possum of northern Queensland is the same species 

"It has a loud shriek that can be heard hundreds of metres away."  Sound like a browns fan to you? 🙉    My work is done here 🤓

yellow bellied glider  3 of these fine over sized Rat's... once found our garbage bin while camping in the land down under leading to a skunk fight later that night...God it was horrid...PEeee Whew! Book it! The Smell itself will awaken you from any good night drunken sleep...

Boat Fixed... I'll be fishing this story away by sunrise 

Tell'em how this is going down Sunday & Go get some Shelton!  💪  https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/video/sheldon-richardson-we-have-guys-more-than-capable-of-filling-in-and-making-a-nam       

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, hx214 said:

whatever can go wrong with this cursed/fucked up franchise.....will go wrong....we really needed him against philly.....wentx is prone to getting sacked....not anymore....not good.....hopefully is not sick sick......good luck to him.....

5 minutes ago, browns52 said:

whatever can go wrong with this cursed/fucked up franchise.....will go wrong....we really needed him against philly.....wentx is prone to getting sacked....not anymore....not good.....hopefully is not sick sick......good luck to him.....

It was reported he was already to come back and then tested positive, so I think he is already better. 

#Browns Myles Garrett must do 3 or 7 days of team supervised exercise before a full practice or game (depending on symptoms), but that can start within his 10-day isolation period. Still a chance he can play next wk vs. #Jaguars, but other hurdles too.

Well yes Mary Kay...Were well familiar with *your (*those/ sources*) reporting hurdles.... prefer the long tunnel 🛣️ approach, before seeing any lights on this one folks 

8 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Definitely out for Sunday. Not sure if he's sick or if he got close to someone, but he wasn't feeling well this week. It appears that he did test positive, so that's not great. Prayers for his health! 

Damn guys. I'll update this after I get more info. He was pretty much the ONE guy we could not lose. 

Alexa, is it still Friday the 13th?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

That can't be right... I mean who ever heard of a cute possum? ;)

Cute! Yes! but can be a mean little 💩 when foods involved... Rocky d' Rascal up there^^  has the Ninja skills of our next attacking DE/LB'er.... and I'm still looking 👀... 

EDIT--- I love the playing angry tude of Clemson's LB James Skaliski... but now he needs groin surgery 🙄... that redneck maybe a cripple after Venables gets done with him at Clemson.. All maybe, to get his son in there to play ahead of Skaliski?   G00d news!  time for my 3 muscle relax---hers   properly named... Crawls Bee.. Stills..and Smashed..

G👀D Night Merica!

• Haha 1

This sucks, of course.  Last year when we lost him we went straight...directly...into the shitter.

We're probably going to have to score more points...and if we can do that by running the ball that'd be great.  But sometimes you cannot wait 'til the 4th quarter when your running game has worn them out.  With Myles out we may find ourselves chasing the scoreboard.