THE BROWNS BOARD

Big Ben sets new record

One Post

2 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Gipper you never form your own opinions. You go off the talking heads, PFF etc and then come to a conclusion. Anyone suggesting Ben isn't instrumental to the steelers 10-0 record isn't paying attention. Ben also takes quite a few shots per game down field. The man did avulse all his tendons off his elbow. Brady is king of the 10-15 yard pass so again gipper talking out of his ass. I'm used to it but know when I read your diatribe the entire time I'm rolling my eyes. 

I'm perfectly fine with the steelers somehow "flying under the radar" at 10-0. 

You are as dumb a Khunt as it appears.  To think that I don't form my own opinions  is laughable....to anyone that knows me, including anyone here. 

First off, I never consult PFF.   PFR, yes, for basic stats.  And trust me, while I listen to some talking heads...that is what smart people do....they listen and learn. 

YOU are the one without a single scientient thought to you.  You just give the typical Stupidsteelerfan babble that is scripted for you.   And while Brady may hae historically been less of a downfield thrower than BR, we are talking about THIS year...not the last  17 years.

The reason you roll your eyes is because you know that I am not going to let you get away with your bullshit propaganda. 

So....let me repeat what this thread is about:   Ben Roethlisberger is NOT in the running for MVP because he is NOT nearly as instrumental to his team's success as an entire other host of players are to their team's success this year. No matter how much Trumpism you want to put on it....THAT is the basic truth. 

8 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Gipper is a horrible take machine. I'm sure he's a nice enough guy in person but he's near the fucking bottom excluding the full tilt mouth breathers here of people I'd go to for any sort of breakdown. Be better gipper. You fucking suck at this. 

I am actually a master at it.....because I make you face the truth.

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

You are as dumb a Khunt as it appears.  To think that I don't form my own opinions  is laughable....to anyone that knows me, including anyone here. 

First off, I never consult PFF.   PFR, yes, for basic stats.  And trust me, while I listen to some talking heads...that is what smart people do....they listen and learn. 

YOU are the one without a single scientient thought to you.  You just give the typical Stupidsteelerfan babble that is scripted for you.   And while Brady may hae historically been less of a downfield thrower than BR, we are talking about THIS year...not the last  17 years.

The reason you roll your eyes is because you know that I am not going to let you get away with your bullshit propaganda. 

So....let me repeat what this thread is about:   Ben Roethlisberger is NOT in the running for MVP because he is NOT nearly as instrumental to his team's success as an entire other host of players are to their team's success this year. No matter how much Trumpism you want to put on it....THAT is the basic truth. 

Watch more football. I don't give a single fuck about mvp. We are 10-0 and rolling. The team is very close as well on and off the field. It's a recipe for success. Everyone in Pittsburgh is used to Ben not getting the credit he deserves and no one gives a shit. Your opinions are trash and it's nearly religion here. You post sooooo much it's impossible for people to get away from it. 

Edit: fuck gipper I've been here as long as you have I believe, at least on this version of the board. I joined back in 2007-2008 on my old name. You have nearly 60k posts. You should maybe just try shutting the fuck up sometimes. 😂

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

I am actually a master at it.....because I make you face the truth.

You did a great job at predicting how this season would go in Pittsburgh. Shall I dig up some old takes from this season from gipper? I really don't want to take the time but I know they are there. 

Read this. 

10-0 

And not slowing down. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

No gipper, it's a terrible fucking take. Again Ben is poised to shatter his single season td record. He drops dimes on wr's deep every single game. Throws lazers in tight coverage. No one in Pittsburgh gives a single shit about hardware other than a Lombardi. You don't watch much football, that is clear. 

He does all that within 10 yards. I mean, so what if he shatters HIS single season TD record.  Wilson, Mahomes, Rodgers, and yes, Brady all have more TDs than him so far.   

And that team wins because of defense.....BR helps some.  

But I will repeat:  

BR is NOT a candidate for the MVP.    And if you are not worried about any hardware but the Lombardi, why are you arguing with me on that point.

Or....do you actually agree with it? 

3 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Watch more football. I don't give a single fuck about mvp. We are 10-0 and rolling. The team is very close as well on and off the field. It's a recipe for success. Everyone in Pittsburgh is used to Ben not getting the credit he deserves and no one gives a shit. Your opinions are trash and it's nearly religion here. You post sooooo much it's impossible for people to get away from it. 

Edit: fuck gipper I've been here as long as you have I believe, at least on this version of the board. I joined back in 2007-2008 on my old name. You have nearly 60k posts. You should maybe just try shutting the fuck up sometimes. 😂

So....let me repeat what this thread is about:   Ben Roethlisberger is NOT in the running for MVP because he is NOT nearly as instrumental to his team's success as an entire other host of players are to their team's success this year...Including Mayfield.  No matter how much  you want to delude yourself about....THAT is the basic truth. 

And mayhaps I am the MVP of this board.....and you are not. 

1 minute ago, LBC mike said:

allot of talk from Vagstink.

What does this even mean? A lot of talk? The steelers are 10-0. They are doing all the talking, but hey gipper doesn't think it has anything to do with Ben. Baker is more instrumental in Browns wins than Ben is in steeler wins. Duck hodges would have the team at 9-1. He said that. Am I missing something? 

40 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

You did a great job at predicting how this season would go in Pittsburgh. Shall I dig up some old takes from this season from gipper? I really don't want to take the time but I know they are there. 

Read this. 

10-0 

And not slowing down. 

I think I said they would be either like  9-7 or  8-8.  Which is about the same as many if not most so called professional prognosticators had them...and where most everyone else on this board had them. 

Show me a single one that predicted they would be  10-0.

Show me a single one that predicted the Browns would be playing at .700. 

So....let me repeat what this thread is about:   Ben Roethlisberger is NOT in the running for MVP because he is NOT nearly as instrumental to his team's success as an entire other host of players are to their team's success this year...Including Mayfield.  No matter how much  you want to delude yourself about....THAT is the basic truth. 

34 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

What does this even mean? A lot of talk? The steelers are 10-0. They are doing all the talking, but hey gipper doesn't think it has anything to do with Ben. Baker is more instrumental in Browns wins than Ben is in steeler wins. Duck hodges would have the team at 9-1. He said that. Am I missing something? 

NO...you are not....Duck Hodges could have that team 9-1.  I stick by that.  Baker is more instrumental to the Browns success than BR is to the Steelers. I stick by that.  

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

And mayhaps I am the MVP of this board.....and you are not. 

No one believes you are the mvp here. The mvp at spamming the board, maybe. I again don't give a shit about mvp, comeback player of the year or anything else. It's about that silver trophy you win at the end of it. The op in this was talking about the record so this is just more of you making the thread about you and your half assed opinions. I hope you go to the draft assuming we can go live in Cleveland. I want to see this "legend" in person. 

1 minute ago, Vagitron said:

No one believes you are the mvp here. The mvp at spamming the board, maybe. I again don't give a shit about mvp, comeback player of the year or anything else. It's about that silver trophy you win at the end of it. The op in this was talking about the record so this is just more of you making the thread about you and your half assed opinions. I hope you go to the draft assuming we can go live in Cleveland. I want to see this "legend" in person. 

Well, you ain't getting that either.....at least history says so.   In fact, I think it may be earlier in this thread wherein I showed the statistics (again, I almost always support my views with stats that you can't seem to stomach, which may be why I am MVP)....that  the last 13 teams that were the last to remain undefeated have all failed to win the SB.  

And why would I want to give a pipsqueak like you the time of day at a Cleveland draft party?  Though, I guess I could hold court and let you kiss my ring.

5 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

NO...you are not....Duck Hodges could have that team 9-1.  I stick by that.  Baker is more instrumental to the Browns success than BR is to the Steelers. I stick by that.  

And that makes no sense but you are of course entitled to your own opinion. I'd argue it's more hunt and chubb than baker. Baker is gutsy on third downs tho and that comes with the moxie he brings to the table. Our offense is designed in the manner that it is to keep Ben clean, not because he's maybe lost a step. He takes plenty of shots down field and he completes them.

10-0. 

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well, you ain't getting that either.....at least history says so.   In fact, I think it may be earlier in this thread wherein I showed the statistics (again, I almost always support my views with stats that you can't seem to stomach, which may be why I am MVP)....that  the last 13 teams that were the last to remain undefeated have all failed to win the SB.  

And why would I want to give a pipsqueak like you the time of day at a Cleveland draft party?  Though, I guess I could hold court and let you kiss my ring.

Gipper if I go to the draft in Cleveland, assuming covid allows it. I probably won't see you anyway as most people here aren't trying to meet up with you either. 

1 minute ago, Vagitron said:

What is most amusing to me is the people here I consider to be the most level headed don't even like you. Why do you think that is? 

Well, because you are in fact totally wrong.   But why should that be any different. 

I don't know who you are talking about,  but I have been friends with Westside Steve since High School.  Hoorta, Flugel and I have gone to away game tailgates together on occasion.  Z, Marko, and a whole slew of other regulars here and semi-regulars go to the Browns tailgates and enjoy a great deal of camaraderie.   That includes good ole Cal Fox, and you know how extreme his views can be on many things. Dutch is a Canal Fulton man who I invited to have lunch with me at Als.

You confuse "not liking me'  with "having a difference of opinion from me".   Again, you show such little insight into so many things here, it is not surprising that you have no insight there. 

Or maybe you are thinking of Tour.    We go back and forth on a lot of opinions.  The biggest problem between us is the problem I have with HIM.  His whole "I am putting you on ignore" thing I do think is totally craven and I have told him that.  His biggest problem with me seemingly is that of the hundreds and thousands of factoids I put on this forum about football, I occasionally get one wrong here or there....and for some reason that upsets him (like when I got it wrong about which game of the season that Brandon Weeden didn't start the year he started 15 of 16 games for the Browns). Like I said, I once in a while get a fact wrong.  I did it just a day or so ago when I confuse Brian Hoyer and Bobby Hoying.

Besides.....I am not the subject of this thread....BR is...and:

15 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

And that makes no sense but you are of course entitled to your own opinion. I'd argue it's more hunt and chubb than baker. Baker is gutsy on third downs tho and that comes with the moxie he brings to the table. Our offense is designed in the manner that it is to keep Ben clean, not because he's maybe lost a step. He takes plenty of shots down field and he completes them.

10-0. 

Perhaps Chubb and Hunt are more instrumental to the Browns success.  I would entertain that possibility......but Baker is still more instrumental to the Browns success than BR is to the Steelers.  Baker/Chubb/Hunt  still have to overcome a bad defense, BR does not:

15 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Nice work baker, it's about time. 😂

C32027C5-A720-4B1D-891C-985C0DB9443D.jpeg

If by that you mean to show that the Browns have had shitty QBs over the past 20 years....I would say that is a No Shit Sherlock moment. 

Of course, Baker also holds the record for most TD passes by a rookie QB. 

21 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Gipper if I go to the draft in Cleveland, assuming covid allows it. I probably won't see you anyway as most people here aren't trying to meet up with you either. 

Well, if there were a Browns Board gathering at the Draft....they indeed would be trying to be meeting up with me.....along with all the other regular attendees to those. We would all be trying to meet up with each other.

But, you know who they would not be going out of their way to meet?  Take a guess. 

55 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Gipper you never form your own opinions. You go off the talking heads, PFF etc and then come to a conclusion. Anyone suggesting Ben isn't instrumental to the steelers 10-0 record isn't paying attention. Ben also takes quite a few shots per game down field. The man did avulse all his tendons off his elbow. Brady is king of the 10-15 yard pass so again gipper talking out of his ass. I'm used to it but know when I read your diatribes the entire time I'm rolling my eyes. 

I'm perfectly fine with the steelers somehow "flying under the radar" at 10-0. 

As well you should be. Gipper is just flapping his gums over minutiae.  The Steelers all but have the Division wrapped up. Even should they lose to the Ratbirds Thanksgiving evening, Bills, and Browns in the finale- Cleveland would have to run the table to catch them.... .500 the rest of the way out is still an impressive 13-3.  :)  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hoorta said:

As well you should be. Gipper is just flapping his gums over minutiae.  The Steelers all but have the Division wrapped up. Even should they lose to the Ratbirds Thanksgiving evening, Bills, and Browns in the finale- Cleveland would have to run the table to catch them.... 

Im not putting the cart before the horse. Mike Tomlin said today "the only thing perfect about is our record"

One game at a time.

Gipper thinks I'm reading all that shit. It so easy wading up his tighty whities. 

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well, if there were a Browns Board gathering at the Draft....they indeed would be trying to be meeting up with me.....along with all the other regular attendees to those. We would all be trying to meet up with each other.

But, you know who they would not be going out of their way to meet?  Take a guess. 

So freaking what?  10-0 is 10-0.   Seems only you care about something that meaningless...  BTW- I'm certainly coming up for the draft- and I'd be more than happy to meet up with Vag...  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, hoorta said:

As well you should be. Gipper is just flapping his gums over minutiae.  The Steelers all but have the Division wrapped up. Even should they lose to the Ratbirds Thanksgiving evening, Bills, and Browns in the finale- Cleveland would have to run the table to catch them.... .500 the rest of the way out is still an impressive 13-3.  :)  

I am flapping my gums over a subject that someone else brought up. And that subject is actually the subject of this thread:  BR's MVP potentiality. I mean, if you don't think that is subject worthy of discussion here...so be it.  But I am certainly NOT alone in that matter. 

Here are CBS Sports top candidates so far:

Here's a breakdown of our voting:
  • Patrick Mahomes: 20 points.
  • Russell Wilson: 14 points.
  • Kyler Murray: 12 points.
  • Aaron Rodgers: 10 points.
  • Tom Brady: Two points
  • And here is a betting sites odds:
  • Player Odds to win 2020 NFL MVP
    Patrick Mahomes (KC) +175
    Russell Wilson (SEA) +280
    Aaron Rodgers (GB) +300
    Kyler Murray (ARI) +800
    Tom Brady (TB) +2000
    Josh Allen (BUF) +2300
  • I could add others, but won't belabor it. 

12 minutes ago, hoorta said:

So freaking what?  10-0 is 10-0.   Seems only you care about something that meaningless...  BTW- I'm certainly coming up for the draft- and I'd be more than happy to meet up with Vag...  

So....what?   As perhaps important as that may be.....That is totally off This  subject, more or less. A non sequiter.   They are 10-0 because of their outstanding defense...NOT because BR is a league MVP candidate.  Not like Wilson, Mahomes, Rodgers etc.   Apples and oranges. 

And I would be glad to meet him as well......I have no problem with him.....I am just not of the opinion that we should allow his Steelsucker  Propaganda to go unchallenged.  Yea, have him come to the next BB tailgate.....whenever we can have one.  In fact.....he runs some kind of  food operation.   Have him cater the event.   He can pick up the tab!!!  Or, maybe we can all chip in our usual 5 bucks. 

6 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

So....what?   As perhaps important as that may be.....That is totally off This  subject, more or less. A non sequiter.   They are 10-0 because of their outstanding defense...NOT because BR is a league MVP candidate.  Not like Wilson, Mahomes, Rodgers etc.   Apples and oranges. 

Yawn.. as they say- "it's a TEAM game".  Sure, any competent NFL QB has the Steelers at 10-0. But they're sure as hell not 10-0 with Bubby Brister at QB.  :D   May not be in the running for NFL MVP- but he's way ahead in the running as the TEAM MVP.   Got another Steeler you'd care to mention for that award?  

2 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Yawn.. as they say- "it's a TEAM game".  Sure, any competent NFL QB has the Steelers at 10-0. But they're sure as hell not 10-0 with Bubby Brister at QB.  :D   May not be in the running for NFL MVP- but he's way ahead in the running as the TEAM MVP.   Got another Steeler you'd care to mention for that award?  

Thanks for making my point there.  But I stand by my point that perhaps they could be 9-1 with the Duck. 

Plus,  I think it may be fair to say that the team MVP of any successful team will always be their QB.  For them there could be some defenders in the running.

And, I think, despite the shit he is given sometimes here,  Baker Mayfield is likely the Browns Team MVP.  Got another Brown you'd care to mention for that award?     (I would have said Garrett....but they seemed to manage without him fairly well today.....10 pts. really, not counting the TD in garbage time)