THE BROWNS BOARD

The "It's-later-than-you-think" 2021 Mock Draft Thread

Tour2ma

I think I'm addicted... now up to five rounds

image.png.cb58c014d715f32359fa4bd9b7b07346.pngimage.png.498873d5e0fa82f1fa635be95774254b.png

• Rousseau looks to be too good to fall to us, but WTH.... he was there this time.
  • Campbell's 6'2" "with fluid hips"
  • Owusu is considered by some sites to be a 1st-rounder, but he's a tweener... I see him as SS paired with Delpit at least initially.
  • Levi's reportedly a quick-twitch DT with strength.
  • Rice is my bargain Mike. Watched him last year and am shocked to see him saddled with a 3/4 round grade... but stock is on the rise.
  • Tutu is a flea... 165# and runs a 4.24... :) ... he might break, but you have to catch him first.
  • McNeil is a bigger DT, but also billed as a penetrator. ====> gum? What say you?
  • Rose is one of those motor kids... happens to be on Fox playing KSU as I type this.
  • Wiggins has already had and come back from an ACL in 2018 and now is out with a shoulder issue... possibly for balance of the year, but has size, speed and skill per reports I read.
  •  

On 11/18/2020 at 9:21 AM, Tour2ma said:

Because they are there...

Not watching a lot of NCAA this season so thought I'd start mocking a little earlier than normal. I always use mocks to make me get more familiar with the draft class.

First up was PFN's slick mock sim complete with reasonable trade action. Focusing on top 100 or so I only did three rounds for now. 

Of course one of the things about mocking this early the sim guessing where teams will pick. PFN's has us picking 17th as of now.

I had multiple offers for the 17th pick and moved down to 18 turning a 5th rnd pick into a 3rd in the process in a deal with TN. Then I called back the Iggles who had offered me their 19th (bad guess on their finish.... I hope) and dealt #18 and the 5th I'd picked up for their 19th and a 2021 2nd-rounder. PTG made me an offer in the 3rd round that I did netting their 2021 5th.

Here are the results...

image.png.3eb622a92a4eb9cc099b54b317be8d81.png

• The top two LBs were gone in the top 13 (3 QBs were taken in the top 4) so I went with VaTechs long, fast CB who has FS potential to boot.
  • In round 2 I nabbed a potential bookend for MG.
  • In the 3rd I got my fast thumper in the middle and the 2nd coming of the Mad Stork in Cal's 6'6", 250# Deng who played MLB for the Golden Bears, but I see moving outside. Deng is still raw, but he's fast and really agile for his height allowing him to cover TEs with ease.

Paye will be gone before 49

6 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Paye will be gone before 49

Probably.... Just a big ranking difference. PFN has him as a 2nd while thedraftnetwork has him as a mid-first. DraftScout has him as a 1st.

On 11/19/2020 at 9:01 AM, SdBacker80 said:

I like Caleb Farley.  He’s the tall physical corner type that we need.  The other UM picks not so much.

Id make a couple assumptions with the Farley pick..

1. I’ve given up on Greedy.  
2. I’m not paying Wards next deal.

Farley is a bridge to these loses.  I’m also resigning T Mitch if the money is right.

So best available at LB, Safety and DT/DE with the 2,3,3 picks.  

Ice Cream.  Mint Oreo.   But I’d take Handels anything.  They are sprouting up in So. Cal I’m excited about that. 

This is the post I was thinking of in the tavern today.  Why are you not giving ward a 2nd contract? If he gets injured a few more times than I can see it but the way he is playing how can you say now you don't want to give him a second contract if he stays healthy. He has played at an all pro level his whole career. Only issue has been injuries. Only thing I can think of is you think he will require too much money but you never know. I think he's worth whatever the going rate is for top 10 corner. Plus he's an Akron kid he may give a hometown discount like hunt has.

9 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

This is the post I was thinking of in the tavern today.  Why are you not giving ward a 2nd contract? If he gets injured a few more times than I can see it but the way he is playing how can you say now you don't want to give him a second contract if he stays healthy. He has played at an all pro level his whole career. Only issue has been injuries. Only thing I can think of is you think he will require too much money but you never know. I think he's worth whatever the going rate is for top 10 corner. Plus he's an Akron kid he may give a hometown discount like hunt has.

Well let’s see if he gives the Browns a hometown discount and let’s see if he avoids injuries.

he played a GREAT game today 

On 11/22/2020 at 1:29 PM, ATOM said:

a qb 

I played with that last nite a little... failed to come up with a Pick Package that would pry the #2 away from JAX.

I did almost take TAMU's QB, Kellen Mond, in the 3rd tho. He's impressed me this season, but not quite ready to dub him my 2021 Draft Darkhorse QB.

29 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I played with that last nite a little... failed to come up with a Pick Package that would pry the #2 away from JAX.

I did almost take TAMU's QB, Kellen Mond, in the 3rd tho. He's impressed me this season, but not quite ready to dun him my 2021 Draft Darkhorse QB.

I have been impressed with indiana "s qb

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

I did almost take TAMU's QB, Kellen Mond, in the 3rd tho. He's impressed me this season, but not quite ready to dun him my 2021 Draft Darkhorse QB.

He has the best offensive line since JFF's at A&M. He has time to smoke BBQ Ribs back there. That said, under the 2020 COVID rules he is seriously thinking of coming back another year.

Had to go with best player available.  Also went with Tyler Vrabel, because, if he is who I think he is, his grandfather would have been the Head Coach  of my High School's football team.   I also could not pass up drafting a guy named Whop  or a guy named  Moustaffa!!
team logo
  • CLE
    Jevon Holland
    S Oregon

• CLE
    Nick Bolton
    LB Missouri

• CLE
    Cameron McGrone
    LB Michigan

• CLE
    Derion Kendrick
    CB Clemson

• CLE
    Thayer Munford
    OT Ohio State

• CLE
    Shaka Toney
    EDGE Penn State

• CLE
    Tyler Vrabel
    OT Boston College

• CLE
    Whop Philyor
    WR Indiana

• CLE
    Mustafa Johnson
    DT Colorado

3 hours ago, nickers said:

I mean hell.. Joe Schobert had 13 tackles yesterday... I would take that back in a heart beat... This defense is NOT better without him or his type of production..

When I'm scouting for good college defensive* draftable talent? I'll choose to watch good college games that include both good defensive units 🤓.. This week?

That was Wisconsin at Northwestern.. Both squads are loaded defensively..both were unbeaten, i believe?. Side-note.. LB Parson's at Penn ST. must be a HOF college player...That defense at the happy-valley? Now really Blows! (flipped it)

Anywho?

Wisconsin- Put your eyes on the badgers MLB Jack Sanborn, he's a junior.. Joe's same college school, with same Schobert tackling nose.. Heck! lined up beside Sanborn? The badgers had a larger version of Schobert named Leo Chenal👀.. Chenal may become better than both? He's only a sophomore, but already  has the larger NFL frame body of both ..Chenal may become the draft hype of Parson's this draft..

Northwestern-- they are young on defense.. but, were lead by 6 starting seniors... including DE-Earnest Brown...                                                                                                                           

LB'ers?

WILL 51 Gallagher, Blake SR 40 McIntyre, Peter RS JR
MIKE 42 Fisher, Paddy RS SR 35 Mueller, Erik SR
SAM 28 Bergin, Chris SR

... All draftable ..   One game & early to be drafting. BUT, man! Was this unit active & scrappy beating the Badgers

Schobert ranks NFL 9th in tackles made.. Goodson leads us in tackles.. sitting in the 4th spot on the 2nd page 🤔

Edit--- Nickers.. don't ask me how i got your post to move over to here...... but, I'm enjoying a new laptop becoming a Internet Messiah 🤣

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

When I'm scouting for good college defensive* draftable talent? I'll choose to watch good college games that include both good defensive units 🤓.. This week?

That was Wisconsin at Northwestern.. Both squads are loaded defensively..both were unbeaten, i believe?. Side-note.. LB Parson's at Penn ST. must be a HOF college player...That defense at the happy-valley? Now really Blows! (flipped it)

Anywho?

Wisconsin- Put your eyes on the badgers MLB Jack Sanborn, he's a junior.. Joe's same college school, with same Schobert tackling nose.. Heck! lined up beside Sanborn? The badgers had a larger version of Schobert named Leo Chenal👀.. Chenal may become better than both? He's only a sophomore, but already  has the larger NFL frame body of both ..Chenal may become the draft hype of Parson's this draft..

Northwestern-- they are young on defense.. but, were lead by 6 starting seniors... including DE-Earnest Brown...                                                                                                                           

LB'ers?

WILL 51 Gallagher, Blake SR 40 McIntyre, Peter RS JR
MIKE 42 Fisher, Paddy RS SR 35 Mueller, Erik SR
SAM 28 Bergin, Chris SR

... All draftable ..   One game & early to be drafting. BUT, man! Was this unit active & scrappy beating the Badgers

Schobert ranks NFL 9th in tackles made.. Goodson leads us in tackles.. sitting in the 4th spot on the 2nd page 🤔

Edit--- Nickers.. don't ask me how i got your post to move over to here...... but, I'm enjoying a new laptop becoming a Internet Messiah 🤣

NP man... I just got a rebuilt Dell.. It's a tad glitchy in spots... otherwise.. I'm pretty happy with it,,

20 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Ramsey, Humphrey, White, Slay, Howard  15M- 20M.  That’s his likely company. 

I agree and if he's getting the type of payday then he is playing extremely well. So are you saying that's too expensive for him? Keeping in mind we're paying Vernon 15 million a year right now 

19 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

I agree and if he's getting the type of payday then he is playing extremely well. So are you saying that's too expensive for him? Keeping in mind we're paying Vernon 15 million a year right now 

Did I say anything about Vernon?  Of course not.

We had multiple people here talking about Wards next contract early in the year and last year when he had a pulled hammy.  After yesterday of course no one thinks backing up the big truck and paying him is unreasonable.

He’s not a big guy.  Hasn’t played a full season yet.  He has some durability concerns. 

Am I assuming he will want money - of course he’s a very good player.  He played a heck of a game yesterday.  He’s Getting an MRI too.

You paid Garrett 25M annually.

Chubb will get paid soon.

Baker Too...Unless you want to draft his replacement. 

we made a big splash with a TE and a RT this offseason. 

so talking dollars and cents here- cap stuff and risk/benefit.  Do you go long term with Ward at 20M a year?  

that is a question we may have to answer. No right or wrong answer.  My opinion - No.