THE BROWNS BOARD

Week 11: Philly @ CLE... Here come the Iggles...

Tour2ma

4 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Does you opinion change if he gives us a game winning TD...

For the record I would have no issues with Sendejo giving us the game winning TD... ;) ... but I know what you meant.

I'm sure the casual fan would feel vindicated to point their finger at him by your scenario... but you don't strike me as a casual fan. I have to believe you know that it is seldom that one play determines a game... it's just that some plays are more obvious than others. That said... if it  happened, then I would be bummed out, but really only for the "game that got away".

"The Playoffs" for me have always been gravy... the cherry on top. That's what the thought of them was when I picked the season before it started. It's no different now with the 3rd Wildcard lowering the bar combined with a couple unexpected wins under our belt (I did not see us beating the Cowboys or the Colts IIRC).

On the FO... I think you overlook the Staff input on the roster at that time. Had they put a "the season is at stake" priority on FS, then I think Berry & Co. would have made a move. But clearly they did not and he did not. After all minus anything approaching a meaningful TC let alone scrimmages or Preseason game(s) how could they? Add that both Stef and Woods knew the guy from their days as Vikes and I am sure they were confident in what they at least thought they had at the time. Plus we don't know where Delpit was on the depth chart when he went down... at least I do not.

Here's to me having to ship you a bowl of crow in 2021.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

For the record I would have no issues with Sendejo giving us the game winning TD... ;) ... but I know what you meant.

I'm sure the casual fan would feel vindicated to point their finger at him by your scenario... but you don't strike me as a casual fan. I have to believe you know that it is seldom that one play determines a game... it's just that some plays are more obvious than others. That said... if it  happened, then I would be bummed out, but really only for the "game that got away".

"The Playoffs" for me have always been gravy... the cherry on top. That's what the thought of them was when I picked the season before it started. It's no different now with the 3rd Wildcard lowering the bar combined with a couple unexpected wins under our belt (I did not see us beating the Cowboys or the Colts IIRC).

On the FO... I think you overlook the Staff input on the roster at that time. Had they put a "the season is at stake" priority on FS, then I think Berry & Co. would have made a move. But clearly they did not and he did not. After all minus anything approaching a meaningful TC let alone scrimmages or Preseason game(s) how could they? Add that both Stef and Woods knew the guy from their days as Vikes and I am sure they were confident in what they at least thought they had at the time. Plus we don't know where Delpit was on the depth chart when he went down... at least I do not.

it would be a shame if we didn’t make the playoffs in a year they expand it to 7 or 8 with an Oline producing the way it is with two exceptional backs and a manageable schedule for once and a guy playing at an MVP level at DE.  Health is never promised and Next year our best player or two could god forbid go down with an injury.  

It’s August 24th my second round pick goes down and my slot corner has a lacerated liver.  But we have Sendejo.  Nevermind that he was cut mid season the year before.  I guess they tried- they brought in a guy like Ronnie Harrison  put a set of training wheels on him (the wheels are still on to some extent). Maybe some of us are letting the emotion get the best of us when we watch Duke Johnson run over our Free Safety but In just about any setting (Win or lose) I got a hard time accepting over and over again that a guy getting way too much time isn’t doing his job.  We can point to plays and over time we have a collection of plays.    It’s not like we are the Texans playing out the string or the 2016-2017 Browns just filling most spots and let young guys get experience in other spots.

Maybe you can accept it because the playoffs are just “gravy” this year?  

On 11/16/2020 at 10:12 AM, Tour2ma said:

Some stats to kick off the week...

Eagles Offense is:

• #26 in passing yards with 2118.
  • T-30th in YPA with 6.2.
  • T-11th in rush yards with 1105.
  • T-3rd (with us) in YPC averaging 5.1.
  • #24 in scoring averaging 22.6 PPG.
  • #30 in turnovers averaging 1.9 per game.

Eagles Defense is:

• #5 in passing yards allowed with 1906.
  • T-9th in YPA allowed with 7.0.
  • #25 in rushing yards allowed with 1197.
  • T-15th in YPC allowed with 4.4.
  • #16 in scoring allowing 25.8 PPG.
  • T-18th in takeaways averaging 1.1 per game.

you can throw out all those stats......somehow with their shitty record, they are still in the playoff hunt in a shitty division...they know this i'm sure....they are going to come at us....we need to punch them in the snout.......throw out those stats...those don't matter.....

• Upvote 1

On 11/17/2020 at 5:40 PM, Tour2ma said:

One other factor to consider on making or missing the playoffs: Pitt may not need to win week 17. The Browns are good enough to beat Pitt sitting some of their starters, mainly Big Ben. IF Pgh doesn't need to win (i.e. they have the #1 seed already secured) that would take the Browns from 3 tough games left to 2. 

Iggles

Jags

TN

Balt

NYG

NYJ

Pitt

I know, I know - on any given Sunday any team can beat any team, but I feel the Browns should go 5-2 if Pitt doesn't need week 17. And, TN coud be a win. So, in a weird way, Browns should root for KC to lose one or two. 

40 minutes ago, Icecube said:

I feel the Browns should go 5-2 if Pitt doesn't need week 17.

Same thought has crossed my mind, but I think Tomlin has a history of playing his players even when games do not matter to their playoff fate.

Plus with a remaining schedule of @JAX - BLT - WSH - @BUF- @CIN - IND they could be going for win number 16 when they come to our house. A given by no means, but certainly possible.

Practice reports...

• Surprised to see Hughlett's "FP" after yesterday's Covid report... also that Philly has Covids on list but we do not???
  • Richardson's twin "LP" is a lil concerning given that this feels like another ground battle brewing.
  • And then of course there's MG's illness... please get better soon...

image.thumb.png.ed57218e03a59d8aae47f955cf326983.png

image.thumb.png.fc8458ed0fbe8477ec1b4f36add315bd.png

Injury reports don't really add any info...

2 hours ago, Icecube said:

One other factor to consider on making or missing the playoffs: Pitt may not need to win week 17. The Browns are good enough to beat Pitt sitting some of their starters, mainly Big Ben. IF Pgh doesn't need to win (i.e. they have the #1 seed already secured) that would take the Browns from 3 tough games left to 2. 

Iggles

Jags

TN

Balt

NYG

NYJ

Pitt

I know, I know - on any given Sunday any team can beat any team, but I feel the Browns should go 5-2 if Pitt doesn't need week 17. And, TN coud be a win. So, in a weird way, Browns should root for KC to lose one or two. 

We lost to Duck last year so don’t count your chickens 

On 11/17/2020 at 3:54 PM, SdBacker80 said:

Well I have a completely different issue with the scenario that for the most part is falling on deaf ears. 

Delpit was hurt August 24 - three weeks before our first game.  The fact that it’s a week before Thanksgiving and he’s still the best we are putting out their is GM negligence.  I’m not totally absolving the coaching staff for this liability - Sendejo is trotting out there every Sunday and playing major snaps and being put in situations as I mentioned previously that are further exposing his level of talent. 

How many games have we lost because of this???? Answer this one...Does you opinion change if he gives up a game winning TD when the Eagles get Reagor/Sendejo matchup.  Or Jax finds him and wins?  Or just makes enough poor plays like he’s destined to and we lose by a FG to Giants.

Hes getting better at least this was his best PFF performance of the week- 57.

I truly want to eat a big bowl of crow when he makes some big INT against the Steelers in week 17 to get us into the playoffs.  

The Browns found NT Elvis Franks at a truck stop back in 1980. The guy was pretty damn good, but those types of scenarios are lucky breaks, and there were only 28 teams in the NFL at that time.

I hate arguing with fellow Browns fans. I just don't see how you "find" a safety with 32 teams seeking to upgrade not only safety, but every position possible. 

2 hours ago, Bob806 said:

I hate arguing with fellow Browns fans. I just don't see how you "find" a safety with 32 teams seeking to upgrade not only safety, but every position possible. 

except when the guy in question wouldn’t be able to start for 30 other teams in the league. 

Some team out there somewhere has a player behind a good player that would be an upgrade for a worthless 6-7th rounder. 

I myself am more pissed at this god awful LB core than Sendejo (but I will say it was pretty awful watching him get trucked by Duke Johnson last week...) the best LB on the team is a vet that was packing up his career before the Browns called when Mack got hurt.... I’m pretty sure there is a safety out there better than Sendejo doing the same thing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDkLl9CbDC4

70 years ago, the Browns made their NFL debut vs the two-time defending champion Philadelphia Eagles.

"Let them go get a ball first" was the Eagles' head coach Greasy Neale's response when he heard his team would start the 1950 season vs the four-time AAFC champion Browns.

In front of 85,000 Philadelphians, the Browns would make Neale eat his words.

On 11/19/2020 at 9:36 PM, Bob806 said:

The Browns found NT Elvis Franks at a truck stop back in 1980. The guy was pretty damn good, but those types of scenarios are lucky breaks, and there were only 28 teams in the NFL at that time.

Here is perhaps how you can "find" one:  sign  Earl Thomas or Eric Reid....they are there to be found. 

On 11/19/2020 at 6:04 PM, Tour2ma said:

Same thought has crossed my mind, but I think Tomlin has a history of playing his players even when games do not matter to their playoff fate.

Plus with a remaining schedule of @JAX - BLT - WSH - @BUF- @CIN - IND they could be going for win number 16 when they come to our house. A given by no means, but certainly possible.

I think @JAX - BLT - WSH - @BUF- @CIN - IND are not so easy. I can see 3 losses there. Maybe 2. IF Pitt has nothing to gain week 17, Ben ain't playing. But odds are, they will probably have something to play for, I think KC pulls ahead. They may be playing for the div., or home field. 

My game ball goes to Vernon... he really stepped up. Played like he was finally healthy.

Honorable mention to Richardson.

Now the challenge is for our DC and DL Coach to get the DL room to play at this level after MG returns.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

My game ball goes to Vernon... he really stepped up. Played like he was finally healthy.

Honorable mention to Richardson.

Now the challenge is for our DC and DL Coach to get the DL room to play at this level after MG returns.

Lebron effect.  Everyone lets Myles do their job when he's in.  When he's out they play to a personal higher standard. 

Need to make sure that standard is maintained even when the superstar is lining up next to you.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

34 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Lebron effect.  Everyone lets Myles do their job when he's in.

I'm sure LBJ would be happy to Zoom in and explain it to them...

On 11/16/2020 at 5:10 PM, Marvin the Martian said:

When Sendejo covers anybody, a 6 is likely

Or gets called for a very unnecessary  personal foul (pretty flagrant if you ask me) that negates a QB sack....  OK, the guy sucks- I get it, but it's beating a dead horse. We all know he's a bum.   

On 11/16/2020 at 11:48 PM, Icecube said:

Browns - 3.5 is the line. Browns got to win this one. Philly is not very good. 17-13. 

22-17 I'll take it. Way to go defense. Baker less than impressive again in the win...