THE BROWNS BOARD

Week 11: Philly @ CLE... Here come the Iggles...

Tour2ma

Some stats to kick off the week...

Eagles Offense is:

• #26 in passing yards with 2118.
  • T-30th in YPA with 6.2.
  • T-11th in rush yards with 1105.
  • T-3rd (with us) in YPC averaging 5.1.
  • #24 in scoring averaging 22.6 PPG.
  • #30 in turnovers averaging 1.9 per game.

Eagles Defense is:

• #5 in passing yards allowed with 1906.
  • T-9th in YPA allowed with 7.0.
  • #25 in rushing yards allowed with 1197.
  • T-15th in YPC allowed with 4.4.
  • #16 in scoring allowing 25.8 PPG.
  • T-18th in takeaways averaging 1.1 per game.

3 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Eagles linebacker corps is hot trash.   Might actually be worse than ours.  

Not exactly a collection of household names...

image.thumb.png.ca851a6c3ccaf2727666dbe5786c10bc.png

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/PHI

interesting - our defense should have a field day, at least the front seven and Ward...the Browns should win the pressure battle bigtime.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/team-offense/2020

OFFENSIVE LINE COMPARISON (RUN BLOCKING):

The Browns offensive line is rated #3 through ten weeks, the eagles are rated #22.

This is the strangest part: Passing offense ratings efficiency percentage

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/team-offense/2020

Now, I don't get how they calculated all this crap, but they have:

Browns: 14.9%

Squealers : 18.6%

with the top team, the Chiefs, no surprise, at 58.6 percent.

with the Eagles at...... wait for it.....next to last at

- 21.7%

So, despite problems in our secondary, and their pass rush, with our offensive line healthy again, and

Chubb back, we are looking great for a win.

The Giants are my adopted team so I watched Sunday as I was watching the Browns.

I’m worried about their run game against our front which has been prone to poor tackling and our LBs on MIA missions to somewhere other than where they need to be. Miles Sanders didn’t look 100% put he could be 100% by this Sunday.  They have some household names on the oline that appear to be run blocking fine.  Pass protection has been an issue.

Reagor WR scares me. Ward probably follows  Fulgham.   The iggles play calling and Wentz trying to do too much have limited the scare factor a little.  But if we see  Sendejo try to pick up Reagor We are going to see 6 on the board. Goedert is a legit TE receiving threat that can give us some problems too.

This is a very capable roster. For some reason they were like 0-9 on 3rd down and the Giants have very pedestrian defense. 

They are capable of breaking out against us 

Defensively, Eagles really didn’t pressure Jones enough and gave up way too many good gain on the ground.  They had troubling containing Danny Dimes it won’t be easier with Baker and his bootlegs.

the Eagles are giving up something like 70% TDs inside the red zone.  Unheard of from their Defense.

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

The Giants are my adopted team so I watched Sunday as I was watching the Browns.

I’m worried about their run game against our front which has been prone to poor tackling and our LBs on MIA missions to somewhere other than where they need to be. Miles Sanders didn’t look 100% put he could be 100% by this Sunday.  They have some household names on the oline that appear to be run blocking fine.  Pass protection has been an issue.

Reagor WR scares me. Ward probably follows  Fulgham.   The iggles play calling and Wentz trying to do too much have limited the scare factor a little.  But if we see  Sendejo try to pick up Reagor We are going to see 6 on the board. Goedert is a legit TE receiving threat that can give us some problems too.

This is a very capable roster. For some reason they were like 0-9 on 3rd down and the Giants have very pedestrian defense. 

They are capable of breaking out against us 

Defensively, Eagles really didn’t pressure Jones enough and gave up way too many good gain on the ground.  They had troubling containing Danny Dimes it won’t be easier with Baker and his bootlegs.

the Eagles are giving up something like 70% TDs inside the red zone.  Unheard of from their Defense.

When Sendejo covers any body, a 6 is likely

5 minutes ago, Marvin the Martian said:

When Sendejo covers any body, a 6 is likely

Maybe we need to also ask...Are we asking Sendejo to do too much??? This is where Coach Woods may need to take some blame.

For instance, Brandin Cooks is a tough matchup for a safety.

I know we send him on blitzes that have in my estimation lead to 0 sacks from him and contributed to 0 sacks and hurries elsewhere. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Maybe we need to also ask...Are we asking Sendejo to do too much??? This is where Coach Woods may need to take some blame.

For instance, Brandin Cooks is a tough matchup for a safety.

I know we send him on blitzes that have in my estimation lead to 0 sacks from him and contributed to 0 sacks and hurries elsewhere. 

Once again, Sendejo is playing way more than was expected of him, due to injuries. He and Karl Joseph were going to mentor/spell Delpit. 

The Browns brought in Ronnie Harrison, who has been pretty good. 

Yes, clearly he is having problems. The coaches obviously trust Sendejo more than Redwine. Not much the Browns can do about the safety position until the off-season.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30329382/report-lsu-ignored-sexual-assault-complaints-football-players

This could end up being a topic of discussion for the Browns front office this week along with the upcoming Eagles game.

Both Browns rookies from LSU (Delpit/Phillips) are on the short-list of players accused of sexual misdeeds.  

26 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Once again, Sendejo is playing way more than was expected of him, due to injuries. He and Karl Joseph were going to mentor/spell Delpit. 

The Browns brought in Ronnie Harrison, who has been pretty good. 

Yes, clearly he is having problems. The coaches obviously trust Sendejo more than Redwine. Not much the Browns can do about the safety position until the off-season.

Once again it is Unacceptable. And Delpit was injured in August.  

14 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Some stats to kick off the week...

Eagles Offense is:

• #26 in passing yards with 2118.
  • T-30th in YPA with 6.2.
  • T-11th in rush yards with 1105.
  • T-3rd (with us) in YPC averaging 5.1.
  • #24 in scoring averaging 22.6 PPG.
  • #30 in turnovers averaging 1.9 per game.

Eagles Defense is:

• #5 in passing yards allowed with 1906.
  • T-9th in YPA allowed with 7.0.
  • #25 in rushing yards allowed with 1197.
  • T-15th in YPC allowed with 4.4.
  • #16 in scoring allowing 25.8 PPG.
  • T-18th in takeaways averaging 1.1 per game.

This looks like a Chubb and Hunt day, all day. Mix in some slants. 

Chubb, Hunt and PAP, baby!

11 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Once again it is Unacceptable. And Delpit was injured in August. 

WouldaShouldaCoulda... YadaYadaYada...

Bob nailed it.

Once again Sendejo is obviously the best we have to put on the field at present. Ask your self these...

• When you draft what you believe is your future at a position, how much do you want to spend on a placeholder?
  • Had we landed a "better" FS, how different would our record be today?
  • Are we just a FS away from our first SB?

Folks that want to bury Berry based on Sendejo need to look at his other moves and see the whole picture.

As my dear old Grandma used to say, "It doesn't suck."

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

So Tour’s theory is that if you have a guy that sucks it’s okay. No need to make an effort to get someone better even if he is hurting the team at times as long as the team wins?

Sendejo may be the best option at FS out there. Redwine went in for a play and bounced off Watson on a blitz.. so lets hope Sendejo stays healthy...

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

So Tour’s theory is that if you have a guy that sucks it’s okay. No need to make an effort to get someone better even if he is hurting the team at times as long as the team wins?

Caught a couple quotes indicating you are either in or have been in the hospital? So took you off "Perm-Ignore"... temporarily. You're welcome... and hope you get better soon.

Anywho since you asked...

Not exactly "my theory". You latched onto one of three points I made (so you must not be that ill... ;) ). It's also a matter of what you want to pay in hopes of gaining how much.

I recognize Sendejo has not been playing well... always have... but exactly what has his play cost us? Which game did he lose for us? Two of our three losses were utter blowouts (PTG and BLT) and even the Raider loss was not as close as the score might indicate... and coincidentally it was one of Andrew's better games including a big piece of a goalline stop.

He's an old vet... playing out of position... and playing hard. That'll simply have to do for 2021.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Caught a couple quotes indicating you are either in or have been in the hospital? So took you off "Perm-Ignore"... temporarily. You're welcome... and hope you get better soon.

Anywho since you asked...

Not exactly "my theory". You latched onto one of three points I made (so you must not be that ill... ;) ). It's also a matter of what you want to pay in hopes of gaining how much.

I recognize Sendejo has not been playing well... always have... but exactly what has his play cost us? Which game did he lose for us? Two of our three losses were utter blowouts (PTG and BLT) and even the Raider loss was not as close as the score might indicate... and coincidentally it was one of Andrew's better games including a big piece of a goalline stop.

He's an old vet... playing out of position... and playing hard. That'll simply have to do for 2021.

Cardio issues. Going home soon. 69 almost guys get those often. I think you should have supplemented your statement of “what has he cost us” with “so far “. Not much but the potential for him to cost us is ripe 

On 11/16/2020 at 10:12 AM, Tour2ma said:

#25 in rushing yards allowed with 1197.

CHOO-CHOO, bitches. Get ready for the running game, Eagles! 

7 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Chubb, Hunt and PAP, baby!

WouldaShouldaCoulda... YadaYadaYada...

Bob nailed it.

Once again Sendejo is obviously the best we have to put on the field at present. Ask your self these...

• When you draft what you believe is your future at a position, how much do you want to spend on a placeholder?
  • Had we landed a "better" FS, how different would our record be today?
  • Are we just a FS away from our first SB?

Folks that want to bury Berry based on Sendejo need to look at his other moves and see the whole picture.

As my dear old Grandma used to say, "It doesn't suck."

Well I have a completely different issue with the scenario that for the most part is falling on deaf ears. 

Delpit was hurt August 24 - three weeks before our first game.  The fact that it’s a week before Thanksgiving and he’s still the best we are putting out their is GM negligence.  I’m not totally absolving the coaching staff for this liability - Sendejo is trotting out there every Sunday and playing major snaps and being put in situations as I mentioned previously that are further exposing his level of talent. 

How many games have we lost because of this???? Answer this one...Does you opinion change if he gives up a game winning TD when the Eagles get Reagor/Sendejo matchup.  Or Jax finds him and wins?  Or just makes enough poor plays like he’s destined to and we lose by a FG to Giants.

Hes getting better at least this was his best PFF performance of the week- 57.

I truly want to eat a big bowl of crow when he makes some big INT against the Steelers in week 17 to get us into the playoffs.  

11 hours ago, The Gipper said:

The 2016 Browns called....and you stole their mantra. I think we got 1 that year