THE BROWNS BOARD

Sorry, Charlie

The Gipper

Just heard this statistic:     The last   9 teams that started the season  8-0  did NOT go on to win the Super Bowl. 

In fact, the team that was the last to go undefeated  has failed to win the Super Bowl the last   18 times. (Includes obviously a number who went less than 8-0)

Six (6) of these team lost the Super Bowl. 

The last team to do either was the  2006 Indianapolis Colts. 

So, that means, historically, the Steelers this year, despite going 8-0  are an historically longshot to win the Super Bowl, and even have only a 1 in 3 chance of even making it. 

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Just heard this statistic:     The last   9 teams that started the season  8-0  did NOT go on to win the Super Bowl. 

In fact, the team that was the last to go undefeated  has failed to win the Super Bowl the last   18 times. (Includes obviously a number who went less than 8-0)

So, that means, historically, the Steelers this year, despite going 8-0  are an historically longshot to win the Super Bowl, and even have only a 1 in 3 chance of even making it. 

But the Steelers have a mystique of getting a call or two during the playoffs, so there's that.

Also, the Cowboys got ticky-tacked on a 3rd & 10 Sunday. Mysterious roughing the passer call, kept the GW drive alive. Bad cal IMHO. 

Pitt does look like the class of the AFC right now. Hopefully they're peaking too soon. 

11 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

But the Steelers have a mystique of getting a call or two during the playoffs, so there's that.

Also, the Cowboys got ticky-tacked on a 3rd & 10 Sunday. Mysterious roughing the passer call, kept the GW drive alive. Bad cal IMHO. 

Pitt does look like the class of the AFC right now. Hopefully they're peaking too soon. 

Well, to be accurate, everyone of the Steelers wins have been by a single score or less....except the fucking Browns, and the Giants, which was by 10 pts., so I am not seeing any "dominance" going on here. :

WK DATE OPPONENT RESULT W-L HI PASS HI RUSH HI REC
1 Mon, Sep 14 W26-16 1-0 Roethlisberger 229 Snell Jr. 113 Smith-Schuster 69
2 Sun, Sep 20
vsDenverDenver
W26-21 2-0 Roethlisberger 311 Conner 106 Johnson 92
3 Sun, Sep 27 W28-21 3-0 Roethlisberger 237 Conner 109 Ebron 52
4 BYE WEEK
5 Sun, Oct 11 W38-29 4-0 Roethlisberger 239 McCloud 63 Claypool 110
6 Sun, Oct 18 W38-7 5-0 Roethlisberger 162 Conner 101 Claypool 74
7 Sun, Oct 25 W27-24 6-0 Roethlisberger 268 Conner 82 Smith-Schuster 85
8 Sun, Nov 1 W28-24 7-0 Roethlisberger 182 Conner 47 Smith-Schuster 67
9 Sun, Nov 8 W24-19 8-0 Roethlisberger 306 Conner 22 Smith-Schuster 93

8-0 is dominant enough in my eyes, and yes I hate 'em as much as anybody else. 

Can they hang with KC in the playoffs? Will the Browns get to the playoffs with a chance to take them down? 

I think KC and Tenn are their main competition. Lots to sort out with 8 games remaining.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

kc is going to win the sb....back to back for them.....

1 hour ago, browns52 said:

kc is going to win the sb....back to back for them.....

The NFC is likely more up for grabs than the AFC.  No dominant team from what I see.   (Unless that game right now was really more a measure than I think)

I will give more data tomorrow after tonight's game, but right now,   the Saints would be the #1 seed in that conferenct.

But, again, I am just giving things from an historical perspective. 

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Yea, I'm sure you are so happy the Browns lost 3 to their 0. You should celebrate.  

22 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

The NFC is likely more up for grabs than the AFC.  No dominant team from what I see.   (Unless that game right now was really more a measure than I think)

I will give more data tomorrow after tonight's game, but right now,   the Saints would be the #1 seed in that conferenct.

But, again, I am just giving things from an historical perspective. 

KC is clearly the best team in the AFC, and I'd give 2nd to Balt., who will lose to KC if they meet in the playoffs. At this point, Pitt can lose to anyone, and probably will lose to either Cinci or Jax the next 2 weeks. Pitt is running on vapors at this point. 

10 minutes ago, Icecube said:

Yea, I'm sure you are so happy the Browns lost 3 to their 0. You should celebrate.  

Just giving you the historical record.  If you choose to be an ignorant dick about such things, so be it. 

I just wonder what your sort actually did like in school, as we know it was not sciences, math, history. What else is there?   OH!, maybe you were all in on your Shakespeare? 

So, I have a line perfect for you....   Quote by Dogberry from Much Ado About Nothing.

Dogberry : Dost thou not suspect my place? Dost thou not suspect my years? O that he were here to write me down an ass. But masters, remember that I am an ass: though it be not written down, yet forget not that I am an ass.