THE BROWNS BOARD

Looks like Alex Trebek has gone to

I put something on the In Memoriam Thread.

It has been coming for a long time, almost 2 years.  I did see his show on Friday.   Not sure how many others are in the can that were already made.

Speculation on who will replace him?:

Ken Jennings, I think may be #1 candidate..  Of course, the biggest winner in Jeopardy history,  he did appear a couple of times recently as a guest to "answer questions".  Trebek even commented "boy, he did a good job doing that.  Beyond that Jennings is now a "freelance writer".....so there is absolutely nothing in current situation that would seem to prevent him from taking the gig.  I am not sure how the production works (do you Steve?), but I think they film like a week's worth of episodes, or more, in a single day.  While he lives in Seattle area I think,   Trebek was being paid 10 million annually....which is a lot more than Jennings made in all his appearances on the show over the years and if he really had to move down coast....a several million dollar salary could be an incentive. .

But, there is also this that I found:

he (Trebek)  suggested the producers should consider Alex Faust, who announces the play-by-play for the Los Angeles Kings hockey games. “I mentioned to our producer not so long ago that the fellow that does play-by-play for the Los Angeles Kings — they should consider him,” said Trebek. Another one of Trebek’s suggestions was Laura Coates, an attorney who has shares her expertise on cable news shows.

19 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Alex Trebek deserves his own thread. Number two Jennings doesn't have the charisma. I don't know who these other people are.

WSS

Well, I guess if they are looking for an attorney to take over who knows his trivia, maybe I should apply?   Though, I suspect they may be looking for someone 30 or so years younger. 

• 2 months later...
On 11/14/2020 at 8:19 AM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

My first wife died of bile duct cancer, not a good way to go either.

So sorry for your loss...

Trebec to me was trivial Americana... A legend in every sense of the word.. His clarity and intelligence were present but not in a in your face kind of way... RIP  Alex... I'll take Heavens Gate for $500. Sir!

• Like 1