THE BROWNS BOARD

What's On Your Bucket List?

TexasAg1969

Whether you actually get to do it or not, give your top 2 or 3 things.

#1 for me is likely impossible for 2 reasons. Maduro is still in power (Americans risk jailing) and getting to Angel Falls with a clear day is very difficult since it lies in the heart of rain/cloudy country.

But the highest waterfall in the world is absolutely breathtaking.

#2 Go visit Nero in eastern Spain for a guided tour of his place in the world. I think he would enjoy taking old grampy around the place and I would enjoy pawning off my old rusty Spanish on him.

• Upvote 1

My primary bucket list, as you all probably know, is to travel America, and other places.  I have achieved all of these already:

A. I have been to every state....and 49 of them twice or more over.  Only Alaska have I visited just once...and I have a cruise scheduled to there for next summer.

B. I have been to every city in the US and Canada that has a major league sports team, from the biggest with NYC to the Smallest Green Bay.

C.  There are 117  cities in the US with a population over  200,000.  I have been to all of them except  Spokane Wash. and Huntsville Ala.  I do plan to hit both.

D. There are 61 National Parks.  I have been to 54 of them.  Not all are on my bucket list, as 5 are in remote Alaska, and one in Samoa.  My bucket list is to hit them all that are in the "Lower 48".  I have only 1 left:  Pinnacles in California.

E. There are now 421 National Park Units.  I have been to 370 now.  My bucket list is not to hit them all, but, again, to hit the ones located in the "Lower 48".  There are 28 left of them in that category.   (but they do add more as time goes by, so it is a moving target.  They just added 2 here at the end of September included in the 28).  I also plan to hit some others that are not on the "Mainland"....a fairly new one in Hawaii, 3 in St. Croix, 1 in Puerto Rico, and a few in Alaska. 

F. I do have my eyes on Europe as well after I hit my mainland goals.

G. In that regard, I have identified about  20 American trips I still want to make (Europe not included here), some of which it is also a goal of mine to use with a timeshare stay. (some of which I have booked)  These 20 are:

1. Connecticut  TS stay...booked   2. Delaware TS stay  3. Naples Fla. (more my wife's choice)  TS stay  4. Mississippi TS stay...booked into Biloxi.  5.  Illinois TS stay.  6. Wisconsin TS stay  7. Minnesota TS stay  8. S. Dakota TS stay combined with N. Dakota road trip  9.  Nebraska road trip  ...tentatively planned for May . 10.  Northern New Mexico combine TS stay/road trip....booked  11. Northern Idaho/Western Montana road trip  12. Nevada "Loneliest Hwy" road trip 13.  Southern Cal combined TS/road trip.  14. Northern Calif. coast road trip (booked)  15. Southern Oregon possible TS stay.  16. Northern Oregon/Columbia Valley road trip  17.   Washington State road trip....hopefully to be combined with:  18. Alaska cruise....booked for next August.  19.  Kauai/Oahu/Big Island combined trip. 20. Puerto Rico  21. St. Croix. 

H. . I would still consider doing some road trips to see Browns games.  I had thought seriously about doing Dallas this year had a group been going, and Jacksonville...but those all go bollixed up for this year. 

By the way, anyone who may have a bucket list of going to Browns away games,  here are there away game schedules for 2021 and 2022:

2021:

2022:

On 11/5/2020 at 1:33 PM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Haven't been to New Zealand yet would like to visit there.  Not interested in central or South America.  Would like to visit Western Canada also

My parents lived in N.Z. while working for Mobil. It was their favorite of all the countries they lived in for at least 5 or more years each while working for Mobil International which included Venezuela, S. Africa and Australia to go along with N.Z. My 15++ year younger sister got to live in all those places with them since she was born in Venezuela.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/5/2020 at 11:01 AM, The Gipper said:

My primary bucket list, as you all probably know, is to travel America, and other places.  I have achieved all of these already:

A. I have been to every state....and 49 of them twice or more over.  Only Alaska have I visited just once...and I have a cruise scheduled to there for next summer.

D. There are 61 National Parks.  I have been to 54 of them.  Not all are on my bucket list, as 5 are in remote Alaska, and one in Samoa.  My bucket list is to hit them all that are in the "Lower 48".  I have only 1 left:  Pinnacles in California.

H. . I would still consider doing some road trips to see Browns games.  I had thought seriously about doing Dallas this year had a group been going, and Jacksonville...but those all go bollixed up for this year. 

My bucket list is to camp in all of the lower 48 states. So far, my wife and I have done all except Delaware,  Florida, New Jersey, Kansas, North Dakota, Washington, Oregon, & New Mexico. New Mexico canceled us on our annual fall trip because of Covid. So 40 out of 48 is pretty good. We love to camp in state parks (believe it or not- Arkansas has the best state park system).

I also try to link up a Browns road game with our fall trips. Sometimes it works out, most of the time it doesn't ( we have grand kids in Texas now, so we devote much of our travel to seeing them). 

Kudos to all those National Park visits, that's awesome. We've been to around 20. I put Bryce Canyon, Arches, Yosemite & Glacier at the top. Honorable mention to Acadia. 

I haven't traveled much overseas. Ireland, England, France, & China is all I've been too, but had a great time in all those spots. 

14 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

I haven't traveled much overseas. Ireland, England, France, & China is all I've been too, but had a great time in all those spots. 

We loved our two trips to Spain-one to Barcelona and the other to Madrid and western Spain. Very surprised at the extent of old Roman Empire ruins in western Spain, particularly Merida.

Take a look in the lower part of this link.

https://learningtobreatheabroad.com/roman-ruins-in-merida-spain/

We also enjoyed our trip to Italy with stays in Rome, Florence, Venice and the Tuscan countryside.

• Upvote 1

Well, that is one more than I have been to.    (I assume you are not counting Canada and Mexico?..and what about the Carib.? ).   I have been to Ireland/England/France...but not China......plus Canada/Mexico/ USVI, Caymans. 

14 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well, that is one more than I have been to.    (I assume you are not counting Canada and Mexico?..and what about the Carib.? ).   I have been to Ireland/England/France...but not China......plus Canada/Mexico/ USVI, Caymans. 

Yes, I've been to Canada, not Mexico though (Toronto, Niagara Falls, Vancouver). No Caribbean (yet) . 

22 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Yes, I've been to Canada, not Mexico though (Toronto, Niagara Falls, Vancouver). No Caribbean (yet) . 

I highly recommend St. John, USVI, especially if you like snorkeling. 

Beside Spain & Italy I've been to France, Belgium, Azores, Bermuda, Mexico, Canada, Honduras, Belize, Guatemala, Panama, Venezuela, Vietnam and Disney Island.👸🧚‍♀️ 

Argentina is high on my future list along with back to eastern Spain to meet Nero and get his free tour. Wife has the Netherlands on her list for the Art Museums. I have no desire 

to see China. There are a couple of Caribbean Islands I'd like to see, because I like snorkeling. There is an area in Venezuela that is the best I've ever seen for that, but right now

it's an absolute disaster too dangerous for Americans.

55 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Wife has the Netherlands on her list for the Art Museums. I have no desire to see China.

I will probably get to the Netherlands in 2022, also explore other places near there, possibly Finland, Norway or Sweden. Too far out to plan.

China was unbelievable, visited last summer for the World Police and Fire Games. Started in Chengdu where the competitions were, then went to the Guilin/Yangshaou region which was truly spectacular ( Li River National Park, ), then flew home from Hong Kong. The humidity was worse than Houston but honestly the scenery was amazing (August 2019). Of course, not to get too political, the stupid virus basically gives a black eye to China (the people we found friendly, the government there, well...).

IMG_20190813_123505.jpg

IMG_20190814_094758.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 12/9/2020 at 3:05 PM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Well I've never been to Spain
But I kinda like the music
Say the ladies are insane there
And they sure know how to use it
They don't abuse it
Never gonna lose it
I can't refuse it

And at our age "What does it matter?, What does it matter?"🤣💃

• Haha 1

My bucket list is to camp in all of the lower 48 states.

If by camping you mean staying in a resort or a hotel, I have accomplished that for all 50 states.  

My goal is to stay in a timeshare resort in all the states that have one  (there are 5 states that do not have one....including Ohio now).  There are still 8 of those out there, but I have two of them scheduled for the future:  Connecticut and Mississipi.   The other  6 are Delaware, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, South Dakota, and Oregon, all of which I hope to get to in like the next 3 years..      Besides Ohio there are no timeshare resorts in Alaska, North Dakota, Nebraska and Kansas. 

20 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Good one, but nothing certain.   And I assume you do not mean for a game, as it is still unlikely that we would have a game here. 

ah fuck man I would love to be back from week 1 to 16 and beyond