THE BROWNS BOARD

The Herd: OBJ, Baker just didn't jive

Icecube

According to an inside source, OBJ and Baker never really hit it off, on the field or off. 

As a matter of fact, it was so far off from working out, that the source said OBJ may have played his last game in Cleveland. 

I warned of this long ago, and now it appears I was right all along. 

57 minutes ago, Icecube said:

According to an inside source, OBJ and Baker never really hit it off, on the field or off. 

As a matter of fact, it was so far off from working out, that the source said OBJ may have played his last game in Cleveland. 

I warned of this long ago, and now it appears I was right all along. 

Fuck you and the horse you rode in on with another of your hate rants. 

Fucking Retard. 

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Colin's inside sources are the voices inside his head.

If anything, we can be sure they're not trading OBJ because getting injured is the bottom of his trade value.

Try again next Monday!  Or try eating the whole wheel of cheese and pooping in the refrigerator. Either one works!

Uf they can't trade him by next season they will cut him. A lot better players than him have been cut, i.e. AB, Bell, etc. 

The only athletic use of flat bench in all of sport is offensive line.. For the rest of life and your kinetic chain, I'd rather see deadlifting talked about.

And eventually snatching, of course, but improving flexibility in each of the three joints takes time. 

Doing the 5# plates-under-heels along with a pair of lifters for 18 months of overhead squatting until the flexibility of both ankles increases enough to go without shoes.. is annoying.

And using the weightlifter grip on front squat [instead of elbow/wrist range of motion] leaves that one rubbing spot on thumbs which gets annoying if you forget gloves that day..

Backing down a weight and doing full range of motion is always better than trying to "get" some random #. 

I don't care who you are, >405# deadlift [4 plates each side] inspires couch enjoyment the rest of that day..

Not the most athletic guy ever, but I stopped lifting years ago. I had surgery on my left shoulder and lifting made sore my right shoulder for overcompensating.

If I ever find myself doing any exercise, I prefer doing it with my bodyweight (calisthenics, anyone?). Cycling and running are above in my list, anyhow. 

And for whomever reads this and wonders about where is this thread going: Anywhere. It started going anywhere, it ended up going anywhere. Comment on your favorite cereals if you wish. It'll be more interesting. 

• Haha 2

Good gosh man, we get it you don't like OBJ, but like I said in the last few days, using Cowherd to prove ANY point makes you lose ALL credibility. Now you appear to be a troll just like him.

But since you apparently didn't see that, I will give you MANY examples of Colin and shows just how uninformed using him makes you.

1. 2018: At the end of the NFL regular season, Colin was on his huge bandwagon for his 1st NFL man crush Andrew Luck as just as deserving as Mahomes for MVP. He declared that the winner of their playoff game was the one deserving of the crown. Chiefs win. Instead of coming out and say PM, well Luck is so much at a disadvantage with what surrounding him.

2. Right before the draft, Baker was undraftable and he compared EVERY aspect of Baker to Manziel. Not long after Baker was drafted he was a guest on Colin show. He said to Bakers face that he NEVER compared the 2. 

3. Before this past season with the LAL, Colin (who is usually one of the biggest LBJ fans there is), said that James just wasn't nearly as impactful as he once was, and maybe the new league had passed him by. Now after this championship, he is by far the best player in league and the most impactful player in NBA HISTORY.

4. Back to the Browns, he never really changed his tune on Baker even after the record setting rookie year. Yet after less than a full year he is already crowning Herbert, on his way to doing it with Burrow. Speaking of Burrow, up until he played the Browns, he was just going to be a pretty good QB, but Tua was transformational. Tua plays for mop up duty and then gets named the starter and Colin has an epiphany that Tua isn't going to be decent. And don't forget that ANY success Sam Darnold has Colin calls it a positive and will not be objective. He even said recently if he were the Jets he would not get rid of Darnold for Trevor Lawrence.

5. ZERO % chance that Durant joins the Warriors and he doesn't think it is a good move. 

And there are many more. A quick YouTube search can find them.

But, if you really want to know about him and his "takes" all you have to do is hear what he said yesterday. He actually said on air that he doesn't care if he says things that are wrong or end up being wrong. What does that tell you, its ALL about creating headlines, and in some instances when it benefits him he will not change a stance because of it. 

3 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

You can’t take Colin seriously. I don’t like talking about him.

He has “hater” written all over.

817AD931-4303-458F-993E-1ECD775D6253.png

back to the topic: OBJ will be missed if he goes. A restructured deal would be a nice way to keep him around.

He had been one of the biggest haters of the Steelers coming into the season,  saying they were overrated and was on the record saying the Browns were a playoff team this season. He has since had to admit he was wrong about Pitt. He has been a Baker doubter most of the time, and says Baker isn't terrible, but he's not athletic enough to carry a team and needs everything just right to win, which he says he has this season. 

His sources tell him OBJ and Baker just don't dovetail, and it's not a knock on either of them, but they just haven't made a good combination. Baker has been pressured to make OBJ workout and feels forced into it, which is why the offense doesn't flow as well as it should. 

3 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

Good gosh man, we get it you don't like OBJ, but like I said in the last few days, using Cowherd to prove ANY point makes you lose ALL credibility. Now you appear to be a troll just like him.

But since you apparently didn't see that, I will give you MANY examples of Colin and shows just how uninformed using him makes you.

1. 2018: At the end of the NFL regular season, Colin was on his huge bandwagon for his 1st NFL man crush Andrew Luck as just as deserving as Mahomes for MVP. He declared that the winner of their playoff game was the one deserving of the crown. Chiefs win. Instead of coming out and say PM, well Luck is so much at a disadvantage with what surrounding him.

2. Right before the draft, Baker was undraftable and he compared EVERY aspect of Baker to Manziel. Not long after Baker was drafted he was a guest on Colin show. He said to Bakers face that he NEVER compared the 2. 

3. Before this past season with the LAL, Colin (who is usually one of the biggest LBJ fans there is), said that James just wasn't nearly as impactful as he once was, and maybe the new league had passed him by. Now after this championship, he is by far the best player in league and the most impactful player in NBA HISTORY.

4. Back to the Browns, he never really changed his tune on Baker even after the record setting rookie year. Yet after less than a full year he is already crowning Herbert, on his way to doing it with Burrow. Speaking of Burrow, up until he played the Browns, he was just going to be a pretty good QB, but Tua was transformational. Tua plays for mop up duty and then gets named the starter and Colin has an epiphany that Tua isn't going to be decent. And don't forget that ANY success Sam Darnold has Colin calls it a positive and will not be objective. He even said recently if he were the Jets he would not get rid of Darnold for Trevor Lawrence.

5. ZERO % chance that Durant joins the Warriors and he doesn't think it is a good move. 

And there are many more. A quick YouTube search can find them.

But, if you really want to know about him and his "takes" all you have to do is hear what he said yesterday. He actually said on air that he doesn't care if he says things that are wrong or end up being wrong. What does that tell you, its ALL about creating headlines, and in some instances when it benefits him he will not change a stance because of it. 

I could show you just as many takes where Colin has ben dead on. What will that prove? 

21 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Seriously...

When are you going to learn to wait for it to actually happen before taking your victory lap?

Or are you into abuse?

i don't think you need to hear it from any source.....if you can't tell they did not hit it off, you need to get out of denial....it was another failed cleveland project....i know everytime i saw them on the sidelines was after a miscommunicated pass play....yodell pointing one direction and baker pointing another direction after the play.....i don't think they disliked each other....they just did not have the chemistry........don't know what will happen to yodell but what fucking team would want him....maybe the pats....they have to be desparate because they only have 1 reciever and he is currently banged up....however, they tried it with antonio and we all saw how that worked out....in any event, i think the browns are already trying to figure out how to get rid of this guy.....

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, browns52 said:

i don't think you need to hear it from any source.....if you can't tell they did not hit it off, you need to get out of denial....it was another failed cleveland project....i know everytime i saw them on the sidelines was after a miscommunicated pass play....yodell pointing one direction and baker pointing another direction after the play.....i don't think they disliked each other....they just did not have the chemistry........don't know what will happen to yodell but what fucking team would want him....maybe the pats....they have to be desparate because they only have 1 reciever and he is currently banged up....however, they tried it with antonio and we all saw how that worked out....in any event, i think the browns are already trying to figure out how to get rid of this guy.....

At this point I would let him walk... He won't be the same anyway... Hes already 6=7 years in the league... Cut our losses and move on..

53 minutes ago, browns52 said:

It's unheard of that a team trades for a player coming off a torn ACL though.  He's gotta prove he can still play, so that means he aint goin anywhere...unless they just cut him.

6 hours ago, Nero said:

(calisthenics, anyone?) Comment on your favorite cereals if you wish. It'll be more interesting. 

Hands down.... Raisin Bran Crunch(es)...

59 minutes ago, Icecube said:

I could show you just as many takes where Colin has ben dead on. What will that prove? 

Is this a serious question? Being "dead on" has NOTHING to do with it. I never ONCE said he was right or wrong. If you took out of that post his right/wrong percentage then you just don't want to see it.

But I will go through them once again, and highlight the points. 

1. Mahomes/Luck MVP. Whether Mahomes or Luck deserved the MVP isn't the point. Before they had their playoff game he said the winner was the MVP. After made excuses why Luck didn't win. Those excuses were present BEFORE they played. 

2. Baker: He didn't waver on his stance that he wouldn't draft Baker. But what else do you want to call it when he tells Baker to his face he never compared him to Manziel when he most certainly had. Did he forget? Or was he trying to save face with Baker there? 

3. The LBJ thing. Maybe he was premature in declaring he was done? 

4. The Baker/Sam thing. Are you really trying to say he doesn't have a different set of standards for the 2? You don't think he has a bias here? Tua/Burrow- what exactly do you think he used to justify the complete 180 on them? 

5. You started this thread talking about his inside sources etc. If he was hearing 0% on Durant, how accurate are his sources?

Now, I completely understand and don't fault him for having these hot takes. That is how he gets his following. But when you say you don't care if you are right and then completely show a bias based on previous takes then that makes you inauthentic. Or look at it another way. He had some thing last week about how the Browns are by far the most over discussed team in history. Yet he does it consistently, makes excuses (that can certainly be fact) when they do well and just rags on them when they struggle. I'll bet if you go back over the course of this season, he has commented an average of 5 times a game for the Browns. That may not seem like a bunch, but when there is probably only 4 other games he commented on period that week puts it in perspective. 

But if Colin (or ANY of these guys with Talk Shows) is where you want to get your info from then you're in trouble.

P.S.: And by the way, continuing to say the same thing and eventually being right does not make you right. You guaranteed us that OBJ wouldn't be back this year. But in your manner I have a prediction for you, WARNING HOT TAKE: LeBron James will leave the Lakers. You probably don't comprehend the rub there. Just like your OBJ take, eventually it WILL be right. But when you are off for months and months, over a season, then you didn't say anything more than what I just did about LBJ. 

Do you know that despite Fruit Loops having a bunch of different  colors, all of them are actually the exact same flavor?

There is no actual fruit in Froot Loops and they are all the same flavor. Kellogg's introduced Froot Loops in 1963. ... Although the marketing side of Kellogg's misleadingly sold the idea that each individual loop color was a different flavor, Kellogg's has acknowledged that all share the same fruit-blend flavor.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1