THE BROWNS BOARD

AFC Playoff Picture

Zombo

10 minutes ago, Cbus Brownie said:

https://playoffpredictors.com/Football?L=EwRmvNIstEH3KAzLKtnSUzj+bwIbrLGEnlEEaRVZER01W3GN4MFOVNn3to+HBX7EADIT6k4IcfIWLFQA

play with this. Makes it easy. We need to beat Tenn, NYx2. If we do that we’re in. If we lose to Tenn, we might not get it- and if we do we’ll play KC 1st rd. 

I see no redeeming value here 

On 11/23/2020 at 8:30 AM, Zombo said:

After 11 weeks, the Browns are 7-3 and seeded #6, the top 7 teams make the playoffs. Currently the Browns would be playing at Buffalo in the first round of the playoffs

image.png

This week the Browns play at 1-9 Jacksonville and are 6.5 point favorites to win.

This week's games with implications:

1. Baltimore at Pittsburgh. Pick your poison. If you are still holding out hope for the division, root for Baltimore. If you want the Rats buried behind us, root for Pittsburgh. Personally I am rooting for Covid in this one. Go Covid!

2. Tennessee at Indianapolis. Someone is going to lose , so that is good. I guess I wouldn't mind seeing the Tits win, and then we beat them next week and we hold the tiebreaker over both teams at that point. Go Neither!

3. Bills at Chargers ... Go Chargers!

4. Dolphins at Jets ... Go J ... oh, never mind.

5. Chiefs at Tampa ... Go Bucs!

While we are still waiting for the Ravens and Steelers to play (Ravens get moved back 8 days but Broncos are forced to play without a QB the next day?), the Browns pull out the win on the road, the Tits toppled the Colts, and the Bills, Jets and Chiefs won, while Vegas got their doors blown out by Atlanta, so ...

After 12 weeks, the Browns are 8-3 and seeded #5, the top 7 teams make the playoffs. Currently the Browns would be playing at Buffalo in the first round of the playoffs

image.png

This week the Browns travel to Nashville to take on the Tits in a big matchup. Tits are early 4-point favorites.

We still await the Steelers/Ravens Week 12 Match, here are the Week 13 matchups:

1. Dallas @ Baltimore: Supposedly. Go Cowboys.

2.  Washington at Pittsburgh: Go Skins!

3.  Indy at Houston: Go Texans!

4.  Cincinnati @ Miami: Go ... um, Bungles.

5.  Raiders @ Jets: Go ... um, Jets.

6. Denver @ KC: Go Broncs! (You root for the Browns homefield, as far fetched as it seems, as long as it is on the table.)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Cbus Brownie said:

Look closer. Two wins and three losses doesn’t bode well for a playoff birth. The other contenders have relatively easy schedules. 

I am well aware that the Browns have the toughest remaining schedule.  I am the one that started a thread about that. 

What I mean is that that website provided no insight whatsoever to me about what may happen that I did not already know. 

But,  2 wins and 3 losses would still put the Browns at 10-6. 

Think about what the other teams would have to do to match that:

Colts have to go 3-2....or actually  4-1 because we hold the tiebreaker by beating them

Dolphins have to go 3-2....or actually 4-1 because, for now, we hold the tiebreaker with them.

Raiders have to go 4-1.....minimally, though they do hold the tiebreaker with us.

Ravens have to go 4-2...including a victory over the Browns.   And if they lose to Pitt, they have an even more uphill battle.

Patriots would have to go undefeated the rest of the way.   The refs, from what I could tell, gave them a gift win yesterday. 

So, in reality....even going 2-3 bodes well IMO for our playoff chances.  Because while right now we are in the #1 WC spot....and there are 3 WC spots this year....and it would have to take  at least  3 of those  teams doing what they have to do to kick us out of a spot.    

And I am certainly hopeful that we can "steal"  one of those tough games we have vs.  Tits/Rats/Spermsuckers

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I am well aware that the Browns have the toughest remaining schedule.  I am the one that started a thread about that. 

What I mean is that that website provided no insight whatsoever to me about what may happen that I did not already know. 

Colts have to go 3-2....or actually  4-1 because we hold the tiebreaker by beating them

Dolphins have to go 3-2....or actually 4-1 because, for now, we hold the tiebreaker with them.

Raiders have to go 4-1.....minimally, though they do hold the tiebreaker with us.

Ravens have to go 4-2...including a victory over the Browns.   And if they lose to Pitt, they have an even more uphill battle.

Patriots would have to go undefeated the rest of the way.   The refs, from what I could tell, gave them a gift win yesterday. 

So, in reality....even going 2-3 bodes well IMO for our playoff chances.  Because while right now we are in the #1 WC spot....and there are 3 WC spots this year....and it would have to take  at least  3 of those  teams doing what they have to do to kick us out of a spot.    

And I am certainly hopeful that we can "steal"  one of those tough games we have vs.  Tits/Rats/Spermsuckers

I can’t imagine going 10-6 AGAIN as we did in 2007 and miss the playoffs with an ADDED spot this year too.  That would be unreal. 

The Raiders losing yesterday was HUGE...but with their remaining schedule they need to drop another one like that.

The Pats nothing is given when you throw in their new erratic QB play.

The Colts have a tough road and they got beat up yesterday.  I wouldn’t be surprised if the Texans hand them their &$$es. 

We can take care of business against the rats and they are reeling with covid and inconsistent play.

I know the Steelers hate us but I’m rooting for a game lead and tiebreaker over the the Chiefs so there is nothing to play for in Week 17 against us.  The competitor in me says let them be 15-0 and wreck that perfect season when they are full strength and maybe Ben hobbles into the playoffs too. 

I kind of agree we have a shot at 10-6...but can we make something easier this year???

43 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

The Colts have a tough road and they got beat up yesterday.  I wouldn’t be surprised if the Texans hand them their &$$es. 

Texans have been playing better ball as of late, but they have a long history of pratfalls when Indy visits them late in the season in a game with playoff implications.

5 hours ago, Zombo said:

While we are still waiting for the Ravens and Steelers to play (Ravens get moved back 8 days but Broncos are forced to play without a QB the next day?), the Browns pull out the win on the road, the Tits toppled the Colts, and the Bills, Jets and Chiefs won, while Vegas got their doors blown out by Atlanta, so ...

Only comment about the  Browns -6.5 against the  Jaguars.  Was it just me, or did the refs have a ton of money on the game for the Jags to cover?  Two horrible spots,  and we get called for  phantom holds, and nothing when there were a couple obvious ones the other way. 

You have to wonder what our outcome of the Raiders game would have been if it had been played in better weather.  By rights, no way the Falcons should have destroyed them. Not that I mind. :)

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Texans have been playing better ball as of late, but they have a long history of pratfalls when Indy visits them late in the season in a game with playoff implications.

They haven’t given up like the Eagles have and the internal turmoil seems to have gone away a bit.  I believe we were fortunate playing them in the conditions we played them in.  
The Colts were banged up prior to the Titans game it has gotten worse for them.  After their tackle went out I believe they ended the game with three straight 3 and outs 

On 11/22/2020 at 6:50 PM, Zombo said:

Browns win, Ravens fucked, Dolphins fucked ... follow me for more recipes. 🧐

Z

On 11/23/2020 at 8:30 AM, Zombo said:

After 11 weeks, the Browns are 7-3 and seeded #6, the top 7 teams make the playoffs. Currently the Browns would be playing at Buffalo in the first round of the playoffs

This week the Browns play at 1-9 Jacksonville and are 6.5 point favorites to win.

This week's games with implications:

1. Baltimore at Pittsburgh. Pick your poison. If you are still holding out hope for the division, root for Baltimore. If you want the Rats buried behind us, root for Pittsburgh. Personally I am rooting for Covid in this one. Go Covid! 😇

2. Tennessee at Indianapolis. Someone is going to lose , so that is good. I guess I wouldn't mind seeing the Tits win, and then we beat them next week and we hold the tiebreaker over both teams at that point. Go Neither! 🤫

aging well?   The Great Zombo has spoken ^^  ... 🧙‍♂️.. can I get some lotto numbers to play with in Tennessee? 🎰

On 11/23/2020 at 12:20 AM, gumby73 said:

the wife all ready made ticket arrangement with some business friends in Knoxville last week... WE WILL BE THERE! 👀  with bones on!  nice 6 hour drive for us.. gonna be sweet..Come on Myles Garrett! 

Finally ! ! It's game week Hump day! 🐪  The white #95 and #24 Jerseys are ready to go win this game... GO BROWNS !!  

• Upvote 1

On 11/30/2020 at 12:05 PM, SdBacker80 said:

They haven’t given up like the Eagles have and the internal turmoil seems to have gone away a bit.  I believe we were fortunate playing them in the conditions we played them in.  
The Colts were banged up prior to the Titans game it has gotten worse for them.  After their tackle went out I believe they ended the game with three straight 3 and outs 

agree the texans are not a easy out and could be helpful for us down the road  also didnt indy have 5 players out on D last sunday ?

On 11/30/2020 at 10:16 AM, The Gipper said:

Ravens are  now 6-5....two full games behind the Browns with 5 to play. 

If we do go 2-3,  they now have to go 4-1 to catch us and tie us at 10-6....where they would likely overtake us, as they would probably have to beat us along the way. 

Well, we'd like to win, of course.  I don't have the Titans game as a Must Win...but it sure would simplify things.

8-3.  The Titans & Bills can go ahead and win their divisions so I almost don't care what they do.  (obviously, we're the other 8-3 team)

7-4.  Dolphins & Colts.  We would want them to lose.  They play the Bengals & Texans respectively.  Miami has a difficult schedule after this week and the Colts have to play the Raiders & Steelers before it's all over.

6-5.  The Ravens & Raiders.  We want them to lose.  Ravens play Dallas and the Raiders play the Jets.  :(  -  Not much hope there.  Not for nothin', but if we lose to the Titans and follow that up with a loss to the Ravens, BAM, we're probably out of the playoff spots and would need help to get back in.  

5-6.  Lastly, I know the Pat's don't have Brady anymore.  But................(Pat's play the Chargers)

edit addition:  The Steelers are playing Washington.  This would be an excellent time for them to lose a game.  We don't want them reaching the final week of the season against us with zero losses.  We wanna face backups in the starting lineup.  Though that hasn't seemed to matter in previous years, THIS year we have a 'smart' coach.

With the Steeler win, an AFC North Divisional Crown is now just a little more than a pipedream, because with a sweep of the Ravens the Steelers now hold a three game lead with 5 to go and the tiebreaker. They'd have to go 1-4 for the Browns to have a chance, or maybe 2-3 if one of the losses was to the Bungles and the Browns made it to 13-3.

So it is looking like best case scenario for the Browns is staying right in that #5 seed, and travelling to the fourth best divisional winner in the Wild Card Round. Big, big, big, big game towards that end this Sunday with Tennessee.

image.png

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BrownsfaninPa said:

If we get the win against the Titans we move up one spot and tie with Buffalo for the 3rd playoff spot. If the Bills lose, we move up to 3rd place all by ourselves.

Not how it works. The four division winners are the top four seeds, 5th is where we want to be if we don't catch the Steelers.

Zombo

• Upvote 1

It is a good thing we took care of our own business today....because we got NO help from anyone else who were playing our playoff competitors

Colt won over DATs.     And I am not sure at this point which team:  Colts or Tits have the lead in that division.  But we basically have a 2 game lead on them both considering we win the head to head tiebreaker.

Dolphins won vs.  hapless Bengals.  Expected nothing less.

Jets choked away a chance to beat the Raiders, who got a succesful  Hail Mary pass essentially against a blitz.   That blitz may be the second stupidest call by a coach I have ever seen....only behind Pete Carrolls call to pass from the 2 yard line instead of giving the ball to Marshawn Lynch.  All they needed was for the Raiders to catch the ball in bounds.  Who made that call:  good old Gregg Williams. 

Patriots pounded the Chargers 45-0.   Don't know if they are "rolling"...but they are playing well lately. 

Bills play SFO tomorrow.  

One other game to be played:  Ratfucks against Cowgirls.  Again, another case of the league bending over backward for those dickheads who have been the worst in the league at compliance with Covid rules.  They do NOT warrant the kind of favorable treatment they are receiving.  

Edit:  note,   Titans still have lead in AFCS over Colts due to  better division record. 

1 hour ago, MDDawg said:

Love this 97% chance of making the playoffs!

IMG_9353.MOV

Don't know about that MOV- it wouldn't load. But Yup, on Football Night in America- 97% chance to make the playoffs. Beat the Ratbirds, and it's >99%.  We need to keep that #5 seed. But who gets to host a playoff game? The division winner thing sucks. Go look at the NFC Least. That division will certainly be the #4 seed, and whoever turns out to be the #5 seed- bet the ranch they're going to have a better record. 

Two teams one game behind us- Dolphins and Colts. We hold the head to head tiebreaker over Indy.   Raiders two back at 7-5, have to assume a Baltimore win to put them at 7-5.  Unless the Browns would do an immense el foldo down the stretch- that's the playoff competition. Simple- play .500 ball, and you're in. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Zombo said:

Like Gip said, good thing we won, because so did everybody else ... although a few of them were ugly. Still entrenched at #5, Ravens and Stillers yet to come ...

And that Giants game is looking much tougher than it originally appeared.  Giants beat the Seahawks...a very tough competitor, and have won like 4-5 in a row now. 

So, really, no "easy" games....except the Jets?  left on our schedule.   And the Jets should have beaten the Raiders yesterday. 

PLAYOFF MATCHUPS
Note:  As of now plus these will not change even if the Bills lose tonight, or even if the Ravens win tomorrow:
#7  Indianapolis at #2 Kansas City
#6 Miami at #3 Buffalo
#5 Cleveland at  #4 Tennessee
Pittsburgh:  Bye

#7 Minnesota at #2 Green Bay
# 6 Tampa Bay at #3 LA RAms
#5 Seattle at #4 NY Giants
New Orleans:  Bye

23 hours ago, hoorta said:

Don't know about that MOV- it wouldn't load. But Yup, on Football Night in America- 97% chance to make the playoffs. Beat the Ratbirds, and it's >99%.  We need to keep that #5 seed. But who gets to host a playoff game? The division winner thing sucks. Go look at the NFC Least. That division will certainly be the #4 seed, and whoever turns out to be the #5 seed- bet the ranch they're going to have a better record. 

Two teams one game behind us- Dolphins and Colts. We hold the head to head tiebreaker over Indy.   Raiders two back at 7-5, have to assume a Baltimore win to put them at 7-5.  Unless the Browns would do an immense el foldo down the stretch- that's the playoff competition. Simple- play .500 ball, and you're in. 

Mov plays on iPad and iPhone, not sure about PC.