THE BROWNS BOARD

Predictions eight games in? (2020)

tinythinker

Predictions eight games in? (2020)   

40 members have voted

1. 1. How many games will the Browns win in 2020?

• 6-7
    • 9-10
    • 11-12

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/15/2020 at 05:30 PM

Did this poll in 2015, 2017, 2018m and 2019 (missed in 2016), and it always been "four games in". It's usually an early gauge as it's hard to effectively judge a team only 4 games into a season because there is so much time left for change (for better or worse).

This year hasn't been typical in many ways (no preseason, etc.), and when I realized I missed the quarter mark of the season I put this off. Now, at the midway point with a bye week coming up, it's a good time to add it back. Where do you think the season is headed compared to when the team was 3-1 or 4-1. What does it look like from here?

I can't vote either, but I'll set the over/under for wins in the last 8 as 2.5.

Looking at the schedule, I'll go with the over at 3 to put us 8-8. 

10 Sun November 15 1:00PM ET preview         Houston Texans                              
11 Sun November 22 1:00PM ET preview         Philadelphia Eagles                              
12 Sun November 29 1:00PM ET preview       @ Jacksonville Jaguars                              
13 Sun December 6 1:00PM ET preview       @ Tennessee Titans                              
14 Mon December 14 8:15PM ET preview         Baltimore Ravens                              
15 Sun December 20 1:00PM ET preview       @ New York Giants                              
16 Sun December 27 1:00PM ET preview       @ New York Jets                              
17 Sun January 3 1:00PM ET preview         Pittsburgh Steele

I am seeing 5 we should win.   (but obviously not if they are going to perform like today).

• Like 1

I'm going back to my high pick of 9-7...... just above my original pick of 8-8 which I thought was way low when they were 5-2 and people were kicking around playoffs,

And Baker had everyone all cranked up with his 5 TD performance.

Ahhhhh gotta love our BROWNS no matter what !     :):(.

........ edit,  32 MEMBERS HAVE VOTED.......  BUT IT SHOWS 6.......Poll closes on 11/15/2020 at 12:30 PM.........BUT I CAN'T GET MY VOTE IN ????

Voting irregularities ?  Mail-in voters not counted ?  It's rigged !   :lol:

Edited by mjp28
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, The Gipper said:
10 Sun November 15 1:00PM ET preview         Houston Texans                              
11 Sun November 22 1:00PM ET preview         Philadelphia Eagles                              
12 Sun November 29 1:00PM ET preview       @ Jacksonville Jaguars                              
13 Sun December 6 1:00PM ET preview       @ Tennessee Titans                              
14 Mon December 14 8:15PM ET preview         Baltimore Ravens                              
15 Sun December 20 1:00PM ET preview       @ New York Giants                              
16 Sun December 27 1:00PM ET preview       @ New York Jets                              
17 Sun January 3 1:00PM ET preview         Pittsburgh Steele

I am seeing 5 we should win.   (but obviously not if they are going to perform like today).

Thanks! I wanted this. 

We SHOULD win Giants, Jaguars and Jets. Texans and Eagles would be nice, too. Far away from winning Baltimore and Pittsburgh with our performance so far.

So, with 3-5 wins left... I'll say we end up 9-7. 

• Upvote 1

Giants, Jets and Jags better be W's, so starting the bar at 8-8.

Seems likely we get at least one more of those games (with the Texans and Eagles circled), so 9-7 seems very realistic. Looking at the wild card currently, LV, Indy, and Miami seem to be the three barriers to entry (assuming Baltimore firmly has the 5 seed). Colts have a much harder schedule, Raiders are about even (colts vs raiders may be a big game for us), and dolphins about even too. Just sincerely hope we have an ace up our sleeve to get a little help on the defensive side of the ball before the trade deadline.

17 hours ago, The Gipper said:

It is not letting my vote.

Nevertheless, had they won today I would have said  11 if they started  6-2.   Now I say 10 still.   We have some shitty teams coming up, and despite this piss poor performance we should beat them. 

until we show that we can stop the run....and with this front 7 it looks almost impossible.....we might win 3  more games...jets and giants.and possibly jax...the d needs to be addressed this off season....i don't think we are making the playoffs this yr even with the new format.....unless the d comes aroung....

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, browns52 said:

until we show that we can stop the run....and with this front 7 it looks almost impossible.....we might win 3  more games...jets and giants.and possibly jax...the d needs to be addressed this off season....i don't think we are making the playoffs this yr even with the new format.....unless the d comes aroung....

We need to make the playoffs this year.  We need to do some  things...now, not wait until the offseason.  The D won't come around on its own....it has to have an infusion of help.  Still for the life of me I don't know why we could not go for an Earl Thomas or a Clay Matthews....or some proven veteran talent.  What is Berry afraid of? That he will use up some small part of his cap space? 

6 hours ago, nickers said:

I had them winning 6 games this season.. But being as we are 5-3... We should eclipse that...

Same here. But after watching yesterday's total disaster, not so sure we don't do a complete el foldo. That was pure shit!💩

• 2 weeks later...

After todays game, we're 6-3. If we win the Eagles we can get hyped for the offseason, because we'll be 7-3 with Jags, Jets and Giants left to play.

So let's win the Eagles.