Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Zombo

**** Official Raiders at Browns Gameday Thread

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Who are these LBs that are supposed to come back and elevate our defense?   

I see Greedy and Delpit.   I know Delpit out for the year.  What about Greedy?    

Aside from he and Chubb, who can come off IR to help us?

don't know....but we need help badly......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously I would go defense heavy this offseason in both free agency and the draft, and I would take talent AT ANY DEFENSIVE POSITION. 

With the first round pick, I'd just take the highest rated defensive player, regardless of position. DE? Absolutely. Myles needs help on the other side. DT? Richardson is up there, and who knows if the Browns are going to re-sign Ogunjobi. LB? Of course. There isn't a LB on the Browns that I wouldn't upgrade over in a second. CB? Of course. I have zero faith in Greedy staying healthy, and you can never have too many CBs. Safety? If he seems like a good fit with Delpit, sure thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well, some claim our defensive issues are caused primarily by injuries.  Why do I think it is far more than that?

i don't know.....its just that the d is not very physical....that is a hugh issue....we get punched in the mouth and don't fightback....sure...you can look at the stats and say oh our lb's are making tackle after tackle....they sure are....6 yds past the los...thats not good...and it is all not their fault....our dl is letting the ol  come down on our lb's....shielding them  from making tackles either at the los or behing the los...one of the things that dlmen are supposed to do is interfere with the ol from coming down on the lb....ain't happening with the browns....lots and lots of issues...could be a coaching issue...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I saw the signs, and they opened up my eyes... 

Ace of Base

  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Raiders did to us what we had hoped to be able to do to them.  Run it down their throats.

Ya know, Njoku gets hurt because he tries to do stupid things sometimes.  He tried jumping into a tackler.  He didn't get hurt on the play, but that wasn't going to accomplish anything positive for him.  And that dropped 3rd down conversion of his just about sealed our fate.

Camera angles cost us today.  They had one to take away Landry's TD.  And they didn't have the angle to take away a Raiders TD.  

We are definitely an easier team to defend without OBJ.  Hodge played today, without a target.  Higgins had a catch.  Landry, 11 targets, 4 catches.

A bad day.  A somewhat disturbing day.  Our D played the whole second half because they couldn't get off the field. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not shocked at the result, any team that can beat the Chiefs is pretty good. They had a pretty simple game plan for a team on the road, executed it to perfection and won the game. Our linebackers are terrible so it's easy for the opposing team to make easy  and short completions. Combine that with a putrid run defense and bingo. OBJ was missed and combined with Hooper's absence our offense was nonexistent as they could stack the box. Hopefully Chubb's return will allow us to use Hunt as a receiving threat and stretch the field horizontally. Not panicking as they're still a game ahead of my preseason predictions.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MDDawg said:

Not shocked at the result, any team that can beat the Chiefs is pretty good. They had a pretty simple game plan for a team on the road, executed it to perfection and won the game. Our linebackers are terrible so it's easy for the opposing team to make easy  and short completions. Combine that with a putrid run defense and bingo. OBJ was missed and combined with Hooper's absence our offense was nonexistent as they could stack the box. Hopefully Chubb's return will allow us to use Hunt as a receiving threat and stretch the field horizontally. Not panicking as they're still a game ahead of my preseason predictions.

Exactly. Not panicking, but it's pretty obvious we have massive problems. What stands out to me is that we have no margin of error. If we have a turnover and two dropped passes, that's it folks. Can't drop an effing touchdown, Landry. And can't fumble at their 25, and can't have Njoku drop an easy effing 3rd and 8. Jesus it's maddening. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Exactly. Not panicking, but it's pretty obvious we have massive problems. What stands out to me is that we have no margin of error. If we have a turnover and two dropped passes, that's it folks. Can't drop an effing touchdown, Landry. And can't fumble at their 25, and can't have Njoku drop an easy effing 3rd and 8. Jesus it's maddening. 

That pass was right on the numbers to Njoku, inexcusable.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MDDawg said:

Not shocked at the result, any team that can beat the Chiefs is pretty good. They had a pretty simple game plan for a team on the road, executed it to perfection and won the game. Our linebackers are terrible so it's easy for the opposing team to make easy  and short completions. Combine that with a putrid run defense and bingo. OBJ was missed and combined with Hooper's absence our offense was nonexistent as they could stack the box. Hopefully Chubb's return will allow us to use Hunt as a receiving threat and stretch the field horizontally. Not panicking as they're still a game ahead of my preseason predictions.

You had the Browns at 4-12 this season? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MDDawg said:

That pass was right on the numbers to Njoku, inexcusable.

That's Njoku...

Made an amazing catch for a TD last week, drops an incredibly easy, vital catch today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dutch Oven said:

You had the Browns at 4-12 this season? 

10-6 for the season, I had a prediction thread that was closed where I had them 4-4 by the Bye week.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MDDawg said:

That pass was right on the numbers to Njoku, inexcusable.

And that's just it. That was literally a drive killer, and for a different team, it might not be a huge deal, but for US...it's catastrophic because we simply CANNOT force a punt. That dropped pass probably resulted in yet another 8 minute drive. That was the game. Boom, done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

But, really, giving up only 16 points is not bad.

If, before this game started you said:  the Raiders will score only 16 points today....you would have said  "Oh yea, the Browns will win this game  30 something to 16.  

Fair to say? 

Yes, fair to say. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

ya Can't tell me, ObJ won't be missed in this offense nor in the room..

Yup... but with the air game grounded today, Chubb was the bigger missing person.

As I've said for a couple weeks now we can't spell Hunt effectively so we are running him into the ground... literally. And since he's by far our biggest receiving threat out of the backfield that is lost as well.

Defensively... I thought we had a good run D, but after today I have to wonder if it has only looked decent because teams choose to pass against us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Defensively... I thought we had a good run D, but after today I have to wonder if it has only looked decent because teams choose to pass against us.

Man...our rush defense was as bad as I can recall. We KNEW they were running it, and we couldn't do a damn thing. It's pretty inexcusable and I don't have a clue why these bums can't tackle or maybe get off a damn block. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Yup... but with the air game grounded today, Chubb was the bigger missing person.

As I've said for a couple weeks now we can't spell Hunt effectively so we are running him into the ground... literally. And since he's by far our biggest receiving threat out of the backfield that is lost as well.

Defensively... I thought we had a good run D, but after today I have to wonder if it has only looked decent because teams choose to pass against us.

The run defense was putrid. I had to check- thought the Raiders never punted the entire game. I was wrong. One for 56 yards.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Yup... but with the air game grounded today, Chubb was the bigger missing person.

As I've said for a couple weeks now we can't spell Hunt effectively so we are running him into the ground... literally. And since he's by far our biggest receiving threat out of the backfield that is lost as well.

Defensively... I thought we had a good run D, but after today I have to wonder if it has only looked decent because teams choose to pass against us.

a good run defense......i think they had a rb go over 100 yds today....and at one point...i think they had 178 yds rushing with still some time to play....the run d stinks.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

ya Can't tell me, ObJ won't be missed in this offense nor in the room..This Offense played like they lost their top dawg... The defense is defense-less..  up your gut got exposed by OL 2's & it won't stop till we quit bringing in mid level choir boyz at LB.. it's Your move Andrew Berry.. (and Ronnie Harrison can't be your only Safety willing to fly to the ball on time) 

i don't think we would have beat the bengals last week if obj did not get injured....him and baker were on their way to another disaster...the play he got injured, he was not even looking for the ball....and it has been that way for most of his stay here....there is no connection with baker and obj...never was....don't know what the problem was.....the only thing obj was good for was bitching on the sidelines about him not getting the ball enough...when he drops passes...runs routes not looking for the ball....sorry man,,,,i disagree with ya...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Man...our rush defense was as bad as I can recall. We KNEW they were running it, and we couldn't do a damn thing. It's pretty inexcusable and I don't have a clue why these bums can't tackle or maybe get off a damn block. 

seems to have been the issue for 20 some yrs now....you won't win jack shit if you can't stop the run against anyone....its been bums after bums after bums with this organization....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, browns52 said:

i don't think we would have beat the bengals last week if obj did not get injured....him and baker were on their way to another disaster...the play he got injured, he was not even looking for the ball....and it has been that way for most of his stay here....there is no connection with baker and obj...never was....don't know what the problem was.....the only thing obj was good for was bitching on the sidelines about him not getting the ball enough...when he drops passes...runs routes not looking for the ball....sorry man,,,,i disagree with ya...

Yea, this is a great fucking post right now, whining about OBJ. 

go chug some mercury. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Who are these LBs that are supposed to come back and elevate our defense?   We've own'd exactly zero. We got nothing more, than what we paid for..A cheaper paid BJ Goodson version. To pay less than Schobert & or Blake Martinez.. Available also was Jon Bostic WFT & or AJ Klein Bills.. before Goodson was added..

Mack Wilson is still playing hurt..Jacob Phillips (hurt) plays fast, but that small frame won't last till he builds a nfl body frame.. LB Malcolm Smith seemed to play less than Mack Wilson for some reason today.Not many of the position rotations worked today. But, for maybe Ronnie Harrison? whom lead us in tackles playing Safety (never a good rushing game sign)  Trade for a starting banging LB, that knows how to take tackling angles & proper gaps to ball carrier.. I'd start with giving Vrabel a call in Tennessee..hell, he's coached more LB banger's than we've had since Sashi dumping of Demario Davis & Greg Roberson..  

I see Greedy and Delpit.   I know Delpit out for the year.  What about Greedy?  Greedy has proven his nfl worth.. his nfl body is weak too.. not willing to put in the offseason work nor nfl bulk,imho..next?  

Aside from he and Chubb, who can come off IR to help us?  IR ain't the best place to look, knowing their medical status.. I'm not saying O.Vernon did not play well today.Heck, he played better than most. but our bottom 7 roster feeders are not helping any team, no less us..And most teams have them.. Both Garrett & Vernon got rested today..DE's Trevon Young & Curtis Weaver... I'd like to get a look at them sitting on IR sometime this season..But, This fixes nothing between the tackles where we got drummed at all day..

Did anybody Watch the Steelers & Ravens LB'ers swarm to the ball carrier today? ? Than, Watch ours👀.. either wiff or just chop cleats in the same spot with a red target on their chest  that reads "Bulldoze me, than blow be over for 2 more yards" .. 

Nothing we all did not see coming pre-camp.. So, were on to the much needed Bye week.(me too).. At 5-3 we sit in the 7th & final AFC wildcard spot.. we should be the buyers/not the sellers this time...  let's see if GM/HC can separate 'team loyalty' between "player loyalty"... stay tuned 

Edit--- Browns52.. i don't miss your post-game Browns football nonsense ramblings after a loss.. hell, I've enjoyed your Ignore status since 2017... good day, sir jackass..  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, D Bone said:

Ace of Base

We had a song in school 😂

"I saw your mum she opened up her legs I gave her one it was outstanding we did it on the landing"

Landing means balcony here

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will say this...

After watching our 4th Qtr goalline stand again, this D did not quit... actually made me feel a little better than I had been...

... or should I simply say "feel" as at the end of the game I was simply numb... uncomfortably numb...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Defensively... I thought we had a good run D, but after today I have to wonder if it has only looked decent because teams choose to pass against us.

...was thinking that while watching the game.

One time they ran an end around and some other play and had 3rd and 9 or 10....and I was thinking to myself, "Why in the hell did they stop smashing the ball right straight down our throats?"

But then, we've known that our D was not gonna be good with our current lot of LB'ers & Safeties.  The LB'er they drafted has missed several games.  The Safety they drafted is out for the year.  The other starting CB has been out all season so far.  

We've known that our Offense was going to have to carry us.  And with Hooper and OBJ out, their understudies didn't step up.  Harrison Bryant fumbled a drive away, Njoku dropped a drive away in the 4th quarter when we HAD to get down the field for a score.  While Hodge & Higgins combined for 1 catch.

The Raiders had the ball almost the whole 2nd quarter...and more than 2/3rds of the 4th.  We couldn't afford to squander our drives...but we did.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chubb is a bigger miss than anyone thought I think. 

He's getting better every week he doesn't play

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Did anybody Watch the Steelers & Ravens LB'ers swarm to the ball carrier today?

Yup... speed to burn with ample power to boot...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Will say this...

After watching our 4th Qtr goalline stand again, this D did not quit... actually made me feel a little better than I had been...

... or should I simply say "feel" as at the end of the game I was simply numb... uncomfortably numb...

Pink Floyd 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something I noticed:  Instead of tackling the runner, some guys are trying to tackle the ball out.  Such that the runner breaks the tackle and keeps going.  Perhaps too much is being made of 'creating turnovers' for the offense instead of playing sound tackle football.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Yup... speed to burn with ample power to boot...

Christ! I can't even like.upvote nor laugh at this post 🙃.. the Cry might work..Conner's wanted to cry twice.. I mean, helmet equipment to wrist bands were not safe in this one..It was like watching 2 different leagues... I'm getting closer to seeing what Woods could do with a 3 man d-front...but our other 8, don't show that 'hair on fire' like those two defenses..🔥    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×