THE BROWNS BOARD

**** Official Raiders at Browns Gameday Thread

Zombo

16 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Landry hasn't been the same since the Colts cheap-shotted him. 

The guy has been real good, best hands since Brennan or Ozzie. He's the least of any problems the Browns have.

I’m confused how the hit the safety put on him helmet to back of his helmet wasn’t illegal...

• Upvote 2

ya Can't tell me, ObJ won't be missed in this offense nor in the room..This Offense played like they lost their top dawg... The defense is defense-less..  up your gut got exposed by OL 2's & it won't stop till we quit bringing in mid level choir boyz at LB.. it's Your move Andrew Berry.. (and Ronnie Harrison can't be your only Safety willing to fly to the ball on time) 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Icecube said:

OK, we knew the D was downright embarrassing, but the Browns were supposed to have a legit offense. They put up 6 points vs. the Raiders. That's God-awful. I mean, dear God that's just pathetic. 

But, really, giving up only 16 points is not bad.

If, before this game started you said:  the Raiders will score only 16 points today....you would have said  "Oh yea, the Browns will win this game  30 something to 16.  

Fair to say? 

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

How does this offense only score 6 points?

I didn't think the weather was really that bad, was it?

Are we really missing OBJ a lot? 

But wait, that can't be, according to some, the Browns were going to be better without OBJ.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Did you see how many drops they had?

plus when you only get the ball once a half....

that fumble going into score didn’t help either

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Yes they do miss OBJ and you can’t score very much when the other team has the ball for 38 minutes and we have the ball 22 minutes

The time of possession would’ve been much closer without all the drops

11 minutes ago, hx214 said:

Did you see how many drops they had?

plus when you only get the ball once a half....

that fumble going into score didn’t help either

I get that.  I mean, was the ball hard as a rock or what?

We were without Hooper also, and OBJ.   And Landry is pretty sure handed,usually. 

When is Hooper back?

We couldn’t catch a break today. Dumb face masks. Jumping offsides. Dropping interceptions. Dropping a key 3rd down while down 7. Hitting the RB when the ball is floating in the air to be intercepted..the list goes on. 

I think the cold weather is messing with the team especially since we are missing Chubb. He elevates this team so much. It will be nice to get him back.

I like the WR group a lot more than the TEs but time will tell. Hopefully more 3 WR sets until we get Chubb and Hooper back. Bryant looks like a good blocker and receiver, bad ball security on the fumble. 
edit: can't forget the Ward strip on Carr and 0 defenders reacting to the ball.

sad game - things just didn't go right. Did our lbs wear the wrong cleats?

I will say, that #23 made two terrific plays today. and gave up a pass. again.

I was shocked we couldn't stop the run, I guess that is how the Raiders beat KC.

OBJ is missed because he stretched the field. Landry was playing banged up, and got his ribs pounded late in the game in the endzone.

Chubb is missed, Teller is hugely missed, he was their star run-blocker.

Njoku is a joke, he made a fool of himself again at a very, very bad time.

Harrison fumbled, not a thing, just was a big play by the defender.

They miss Hooper hugely. That would have kept Njokeisonu off the field.

Mitchell I think it was, bobbled and missed out on a giant interception.

Garrett was being held seriously but it wasn't called. The two stupid facemask penalties were killers.

The offsides by Garrett hurt. Garrett now has an injured knee.

My other disappointment - is a couple of our db's tackle a power back around the waist and shoulders.

Seriously? Why would you decide that going for a ride for more yardage is a good idea? What the...

Just a bad game by the Browns - one they could have won if just a few things went right for them.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I get that.  I mean, was the ball hard as a rock or what?

We were without Hooper also, and OBJ.   And Landry is pretty sure handed,usually. 

When is Hooper back?

Not sure about Hooper. Seems like a surgery like that might take a while before you can go out there and twist and bend and take hits. 

Watching those drops was unreal. It was like everyone of them tried to use their bodies to catch it. If they could catch it today, wait till December 

31 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

If, before this game started you said:  the Raiders will score only 16 points today....you would have said  "Oh yea, the Browns will win this game  30 something to 16.  

Fair to say? 

It was bad if you take a closer look at the game. The Raiders didn’t do anything risky.  They rarely pushed the ball down the field and were content with runs between the tackles that ate clock. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

if you check the time of possesion.....it seemed the raiders had the ball the whole game...at one point they had about 11or12 minutes more than we had....check it out, as i don't know the final tally on that stat....but  if the o is not on the field, its hard score points....i know sometime time of poss doesn't mean shit....but it many cases it does...this game was probablya case in point.....and no obj would not have made a differenc...he never will with this team anyway....him and baker just never really connected...

20 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Fair to say? 

no....not this type of game....bad weather.....raiders had one thing in mind....run the ball because we are terrible at stopping it....throw short passes and screens and control the clock....forget the big play....itoo many chances of dropped balls or int's because of the wind....no gip...you have to lookat the elements of the weather....ol chucky had the perfect game plan....and our d really stinks....we need interior and lb's badly.....again....i sent you another quote on timje of poss....with the control of the clock...chucky knew it would be a low scoring game...and it was...

11 minutes ago, browns52 said:

no....not this type of game....bad weather.....raiders had one thing in mind....run the ball because we are terrible at stopping it....throw short passes and screens and control the clock....forget the big play....itoo many chances of dropped balls or int's because of the wind....no gip...you have to lookat the elements of the weather....ol chucky had the perfect game plan....and our d really stinks....we need interior and lb's badly.....again....i sent you another quote on timje of poss....with the control of the clock...chucky knew it would be a low scoring game...and it was...

Well, some claim our defensive issues are caused primarily by injuries.  Why do I think it is far more than that?

if Teller/Hooper/Chubb & a pair of healthy LBer's ain't here by week 9? were screwed vs Texans than Philly at home...in exchange.... trade---Send day Hoe--- anywhere.. including the CFL 🇨🇦 (hoe Canada!)...  

14 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

sad game - things just didn't go right. Did our lbs wear the wrong cleats?

I will say, that #23 made two terrific plays today. and gave up a pass. again.

I was shocked we couldn't stop the run, I guess that is how the Raiders beat KC.

OBJ is missed because he stretched the field. Landry was playing banged up, and got his ribs pounded late in the game in the endzone.

Chubb is missed, Teller is hugely missed, he was their star run-blocker.

Njoku is a joke, he made a fool of himself again at a very, very bad time.

Harrison fumbled, not a thing, just was a big play by the defender.

They miss Hooper hugely. That would have kept Njokeisonu off the field.

Mitchell I think it was, bobbled and missed out on a giant interception.

Garrett was being held seriously but it wasn't called. The two stupid facemask penalties were killers.

The offsides by Garrett hurt. Garrett now has an injured knee.

My other disappointment - is a couple of our db's tackle a power back around the waist and shoulders.

Seriously? Why would you decide that going for a ride for more yardage is a good idea? What the...

Just a bad game by the Browns - one they could have won if just a few things went right for them.

we got punched in the mouth again and could not strike  back......just like pitt and balt did to us.....our front seven sucks...we need to addressi that during the offseason...the db's are quite soft....and i don't know why they tackle high....so do our lbs...and they make tackles 7 yds beyond  the los....bad comb;l

8 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

if Teller/Hooper/Chubb & a pair of healthy LBer's ain't here by week 9? were screwed vs Texans than Philly at home...in exchange.... trade---Send day Hoe--- anywhere.. including the CFL 🇨🇦 (hoe Canada!)...  

Who are these LBs that are supposed to come back and elevate our defense?   

I see Greedy and Delpit.   I know Delpit out for the year.  What about Greedy?    

Aside from he and Chubb, who can come off IR to help us?

We aren't good enough to drop a touchdown, fumble at their 25, drop an effing 3rd down pass (Njoku) that's wide open, and then continuously give up multiple 9 minute drives. It was literally more embarrassing than the Steelers game. I mean, have you ever seen a worse tackling team? We're talking about a Raiders team that wasn't good at running it and we couldn't stop them even when we KNEW they were running it. 

We are not a complete team, and we all knew it. When we decided not to re-sign Schobert, we also knew we'd struggle at linebacker. I don't think our roster wizards thought in their wildest dreams that they'd get such little production out of their LB corp. I don't care what any stat says, what grade PFF might give someone, or any other metric...our Lb's are BAD. We can't tackle, can't stop the run, and can't make ANY plays on 3rd down. I haven't even GOTTEN to 4th down yet. I don't have exact stats, but I want to say our stellar defense has given up 12 of 14 4th down conversions. 

We aren't good enough to make mistakes because our defense is absolutely a mess. The announcers were openly laughing at us because we couldn't get people in position to stop the run. And yes, the offense screwed the muffin multiple times, but but it's yet ANOTHER game where the offense KNOWS they have to score every possession or the game is over because they realize the defense has no chance of stopping anyone. How many possessions did our offense even get? We forced one 3 and out, and the rest of the day was death by a thousand paper cuts. 

It was Cleveland weather, AFC NORTH weather, and we showed yet again how woefully undermanned we are on defense. It was embarrassing, alarming, and we're getting to the point where our defensive coordinator is going to start answering some difficult questions about his ability to actually game plan and get people in position to maybe some day force a fucking punt. I'm actually being serious. Have you EVER seen a team not be able to force a punt? We've been kept afloat by turnovers, but those are fleeting. Harrison dropped another one today, we didn't force a fumble, and Garrett was hurt. 

We aren't complete, and that's OK. Is it frustrating? Hell yes. There's nothing worse in football then not being able to get someone off the field. We had a 3rd and 18 today, and I told my father, "Watch, they'll throw a 2 yard pass to their RB and he'll get the first." Guess what, that's exactly what happened. If some bum on a couch (ahem, me) knows what's coming, I expect OUR coaches to know it as well. The sky definitely isn't falling, far from it, but we have serious issues that can't be fixed by a last-minute trade.

We basically need 3 new linebackers and that's not something we can do right now, so we need to get healthy, get back to winning, and pray to God turnovers show up for us because we can't win without them. The truly frightening thing is that we can lose to anyone. If you can't stop someone, you can lose...it's that simple. Most teams go through ups and downs, and we need to prove that we can grit it out. We've responded well to the other losses, so I'm optimistic about our chances to get right. I just really can't stand watching a team that can't tackle or give their offense more than a handful of possessions each game. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, browns52 said:

we got punched in the mouth again and could not strike  back......just like pitt and balt did to us.....our front seven sucks...we need to addressi that during the offseason...the db's are quite soft....and i don't know why they tackle high....so do our lbs...and they make tackles 7 yds beyond  the los....bad comb;l

This is everything you need to know. Right here. 

1 hour ago, Browns149 said:

Dropped passes and a defense that can’t stop a 3rd or 4th down is a really bad combination 

That's the old Browns stuff. I had a bad feeling about this game. When you start winning and get on a winning streak you see what it takes to win. And after all the losing seasons, you can see the signs and you pretty much know where the game was headed.

29 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

What screws us is that we are unlucky enough to be in a really strong division. If we are to have ANY chance we MUST beat the Ravens and the Steelers at the bare minimun. I would also say we have to win EVERY game from here on out. Not gonna happen.

15 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

they could send a bunch of d folks anywhere....he ain't the only one....our dbs are worse than our wr's at dropping balls...and the dl and lb's....yikes.....

4 minutes ago, Neo said:

That's the old Browns stuff. I had a bad feeling about this game. When you start winning and get on a winning streak you see what it takes to win. And after all the losing seasons, you can see the signs and you pretty much know where the game was headed.

I saw the signs, and they opened up my eyes... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1