THE BROWNS BOARD

First depth chart out

titleist585

How can you say that this is the first year that BQ has had a chance to play with the ones in preseason? He got to play with the ones for at least two weeks and started two preson games last year. This is not thew first camp that BQ has been given a shot, though I will admit last years shot was due to injury it was still a shot.

BQ has not stepped up to the plate so far and neither has DA. This bothers me. If DA sucks so freaking bad then why can't BQ out play him more than marginally? And I remember one post where they said BQ was smart enough to give his defense the hand signals for DAs side. Well if that is true then why could DA complete as high a percentage of passes to his receivers as BQ could against the second team defense? I know DA had the starters but all I read on here is how great the receivers are playing this year, so how could it be that the inaccurate DA complete basically the same percentage of passes to his receivers when the defense knew what was coming as the obvioulsy much more accurate (49% career) BQ did against the second team defense?

I know it is only practice but how can somebody of BQs work ethic and intelligence not be out performing a stupid (wonderlick remember), Lazy (plays golf remember) oaf like DA? How is that possible? It is a offense that many have said is built for him, yet he can not step up. I really am just having a hard time understanding why anybody would be in the BQ camp at this point, and to be honest I am having a hard time understanding why you would be in the DA camp also.

I am in the let the coaches choose the QB and hope for the best camp. I went to Oregon State and I really want to see DA step up, but he isn't. BQ has not stepped up either. So I am going to have to go to the which ever one is chosen camp. I know it is early, but I have at least read enough that says neither QB seems to be on the I am going to have a great season track.

Hope I am wrong and which ever QB is chosen plays great.

Guest Masters
And? Do you think he's going to need a 4th?

Eric Mangini.

All I'm saying is that he has two exhibition games to separate himself and be the starter for all-importnat dress rehersal 3rd game.

This is his time. Crunch time. These next two games will shape his career in a big way.

Good luck to him.

Zombo

No, but just correcting an earlier statement where someone said he has been there for 3 years.

I don't know about you, but I don't believe a thing Mangini says to the media. You just hit on the real key and what I am waiting for, preseason games. Right now everyone is making judgements based on practice. Practice field is not the only place depth chart is determined.

How can you say that this is the first year that BQ has had a chance to play with the ones in preseason? He got to play with the ones for at least two weeks and started two preson games last year. This is not thew first camp that BQ has been given a shot, though I will admit last years shot was due to injury it was still a shot.

BQ has not stepped up to the plate so far and neither has DA. This bothers me. If DA sucks so freaking bad then why can't BQ out play him more than marginally? And I remember one post where they said BQ was smart enough to give his defense the hand signals for DAs side. Well if that is true then why could DA complete as high a percentage of passes to his receivers as BQ could against the second team defense? I know DA had the starters but all I read on here is how great the receivers are playing this year, so how could it be that the inaccurate DA complete basically the same percentage of passes to his receivers when the defense knew what was coming as the obvioulsy much more accurate (49% career) BQ did against the second team defense?

I know it is only practice but how can somebody of BQs work ethic and intelligence not be out performing a stupid (wonderlick remember), Lazy (plays golf remember) oaf like DA? How is that possible? It is a offense that many have said is built for him, yet he can not step up. I really am just having a hard time understanding why anybody would be in the BQ camp at this point, and to be honest I am having a hard time understanding why you would be in the DA camp also.

I am in the let the coaches choose the QB and hope for the best camp. I went to Oregon State and I really want to see DA step up, but he isn't. BQ has not stepped up either. So I am going to have to go to the which ever one is chosen camp. I know it is early, but I have at least read enough that says neither QB seems to be on the I am going to have a great season track.

Hope I am wrong and which ever QB is chosen plays great.

I agree with you in that I will back whichever QB is chosen out of camp. That is my job as a Browns fan, to support the team that is put on the field regardless of whether or not I agree or like it! But for you to say that Quinn had a shot last year is totally insane! RAC came right out before camp even began and stated that DA was the starter, and rightfully so after the 2007 season. Brady was annointed the backup before taking even a single snap in camp. Yes, he did get some reps and preseason starts with the first team. As any backup would! Would you want the backup to come in and never have been on the filed with his offense? Then, when DA sucked royally during the season, RAC still wouldn't yank him! He was too committed to "his guy" to admit that, maybe, "his guy" wasn't all that great! Brady Quinn deserves a shot this year. I personally feel that he deserves a shot as the starter and should have already been named as the starter. Then he would be able to play with a little more confidence rather than having to worry if he will be the starter or if he'll be holding a clipboard. DA's ceiling was reached and then collapsed almost immediately. He took this team to the highest he is capable! Let's see what the kid can do, so that we can move forward as a team and as an organization whether Quinn is or is not the franchise QB for this team!

Exactly. Did you also notice he said about the whole depth chart. "I really didn't put a whole lot of thought into this"

Folks you've seen Mangini's press conferences, some of you have see the way practices are run. Do you really belive he doesn't put a ton of thought into EVERY SINGLE DECISION he makes about this team?

The team was required to provide a depth chart. Yesterday Mangini said the PR staff put it together and he just took a quick look at it. Preseason games will produce the only depth chart that counts. He said one QB will start the first game and one the second game. He'll decide that later this week.

Same with the right side of the line. Same with the 3 corners. Same with the WRs. Same with the OLBs.

You can only see so much playing tag football in practice. The games will do the separation. You can tag a guy but can you tackle him? You can hit a WR for a TD with no rush, but what about game speed, can you make the proper reads then?

The depth chart will be determined after they see how these guys perform at game speed and when there is real hitting.

Archived