THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns -3 v LV

Icecube

4 minutes ago, D Bone said:

As long as the Browns trot that defense of theirs onto the field, no game is a "should win". 

Yes, that's a good point. But I'm gonna take a flier here. OBJ being out will even improve the D. Having a distraction in the locker room impacts everything. I could be nuts. But that needy vibe is gone. Now Baker will go on a roll. Browns win, Ravens win...Uh oh. Just one game out of first. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

These two teams are close, so 3 points for the home team ... But I will take the Browns in any close game because Myles Garrett is the defensive MVP of the league, he makes at least one HUGE play every week, and that's a difference maker in close games.

Zombo

• Upvote 1

I don’t see us winning this one.

Raiders have faced the Hall of Fame QB gauntlet their D coordinator is facing heat and he will throw out a Pittsburghesqe gameplan minus some of their playmakers though.

The other side of the ball Ruggs working deep Waller underneath will just create more space in this defense. The Browns safeties and backers couldn’t find the ball if it was handed to them. 

I can see us losing by two scores actually.  But I like the fact that it is an early start for the traveling Raiders 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, D Bone said:

As long as the Browns trot that defense of theirs onto the field, no game is a "should win". 

I get the feeling that if we win it's going to look a lot like last game. I mean, it essentially took a perfect game from our QB to win the last 3 quarters JUST to win on the last play. That's insane. 

Our receivers have been making some unbelievable catches, but it's also worth noting that we've had some terrible drops as well. Baker took a ration of shit for his poor play in the 2nd half of the Colts game, but Jarvis dropped two extremely simple 3rd down receptions that would have kept drives going around the 50. That's the same as a turnover. Also, Hunt dropped a screen pass in the first quarter that was PERFECTLY executed and it cost us a drive. I saw the all 22 angle of that play and Hunt had a chance for 30 plus yards, if not a small chance at a score. Stefanski was bemoaning that drop after the game and I know Hunt was furious. Gotta have the easy ones. 

• Like 1

Wednesday AM lines, BAL -3.5 over PIT and......

For all the lines and mo' info' from your friends at Vegas insider.com see.....  https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas

Screenshot_2020-10-28_093849.jpg

5 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

I don’t see us winning this one.

Raiders have faced the Hall of Fame QB gauntlet their D coordinator is facing heat and he will throw out a Pittsburghesqe gameplan minus some of their playmakers though.

The other side of the ball Ruggs working deep Waller underneath will just create more space in this defense. The Browns safeties and backers couldn’t find the ball if it was handed to them. 

I can see us losing by two scores actually.  But I like the fact that it is an early start for the traveling Raiders 

Like a lot of games, it could go either way. Browns will need to put up around 30 to win. Let's not forget the Raiders recently beat world champs KC. They got a stud RB, a TE who is a baller, a good enough QB, weapons at WR and a proven head coach. I think Browns pull off a close W, something like 34-31. 

54 minutes ago, Icecube said:

Ravens started as -6 over Pitt. All the $ got put on Pitt, obviously. It's rare a line moves that much that quickly. 

On VI BAL opened up at -6.5 on Sunday and the concsensus pretty quickly moved to -3.5 by Wednesday which indeed is a lot and quick.  Remember supposedly the "smart money" moves the lines not popularity.  It may come back some to -4 or more -but- I liked BAL -3.5.

But just like lottery tickets they're all winners right up to the drawing.     ;)

........at a quick glance only SEA -6.5 to -3.0 was more.

Edited by mjp28

The Thursday very early morning VI consensus line CLE -2.5 they have dropped down a bit.  BAL -3.5 on the VI Consensus line but I see a few BAL -4 in there.  CIN +5.5 no real change there.

For the latest Vegasinsider lines on all of the NFL games and more see....  https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas

And #3 OHIO STATE -12 at PSU if you're interested.

SO there you go.

Screenshot_2020-10-29_081351.jpg

34 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

The Thursday very early morning VI consensus line CLE -2.5 they have dropped down a bit.  BAL -3.5 on the VI Consensus line but I see a few BAL -4 in there.  CIN +5.5 no real change there.

For the latest Vegasinsider lines on all of the NFL games and more see....  https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas

And #3 OHIO STATE -12 at PSU if you're interested.

SO there you go.

Screenshot_2020-10-29_081351.jpg

I feel like that OSU line is accounting for a white out and 109k screaming fans.  PSU is down to its 3rd running back and it doesn’t have a QB to account for that.  In the years past When it’s been close we’ve had a lot of unforced errors keeping PSU around. 

I could see the game getting out of hand.

10 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

I feel like that OSU line is accounting for a white out and 109k screaming fans.  PSU is down to its 3rd running back and it doesn’t have a QB to account for that.  In the years past When it’s been close we’ve had a lot of unforced errors keeping PSU around. 

I could see the game getting out of hand.

As someone who has Penn State fans in my family, man I hope you are right. 😁

But while the Buckeyes have won the majority of games vs PSU since they joined the Big Ten, I never feel super confident playing them, especially in Happy Valley. I think the ghost of the 2016 debacle is still hanging over me. That was the beginning of the end of a great sports year... the Bucks blew a lead at Happy Valley and the Tribe would lose the World Series a week or so later.