THE BROWNS BOARD

OBJ has torn ACL

bjh2130

8 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well you combine your stupidity with ignorance I mean put that together with your purposeful hate attitude and you’ve got the triple crown

Cry to Yo Mama!.. Bitch!

Just now, The Gipper said:

Why should I cry I’m not the one getting their hide  peeled.?

LOL Legends in your own minds...

45 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Legend no. But I am just smarter and Wittier than you and truthfully that doesn’t take a lot.

In your own mind... you're just a glorified snob who wears a robe to hide your catheter...

10 hours ago, nickers said:

We're not going to the SB.. This Defense is still too soft...

That it is... but that means we are in shootouts and OBJ was key ammo...

As for distraction... in my mind that was his NYG days. That's when he was doing his best (worst?) impressions of TO onfield.

Since his arrival in CLE not so much... lots of effort by lots of reporters to stir the pot... but not a lot to show for their efforts.

10 hours ago, The Gipper said:

If I had one I will have released it all over you in this series of posts. Showing there is more than one way to piss all over you. 

WOW.. And to think you kiss your wife with that mouth.. Shame on you!

1 hour ago, nickers said:

WOW.. And to think you kiss your wife with that mouth.. Shame on you!

Maybe I have to change my mind maybe you do have a monopoly on stupid. Oh wait no you don’t    ice cube is on here as well. He’s projecting his own obtuseness on to others. The fact is OBJ’s teammates and coaches all thought he was a perfect Lee great teammate. But the two of you know better than they do of course. 

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Maybe I have to change my mind maybe you do have a monopoly on stupid. Oh wait no you don’t    ice cube is on here as well. He’s projecting his own obtuseness on to others. The fact is OBJ’s teammates and coaches all thought he was a perfect Lee great teammate. But the two of you know better than they do of course. 

No one really knows what goes on behind closed doors.. What people say in public.. Does NOT always reflect how they really feel... Most people in the work place tow the company line...

Odell Beckham Jr. suffers season-ending injury: how it affects his contract with the Browns

https://www.foxbusiness.com/sports/odell-beckham-jr-suffers-season-ending-injury-how-it-affects-his-contract-with-the-browns

The New York Giants traded Beckham to the Browns in 2018. A core muscle injury last year, coupled with a slow start this year and no remaining guarantees on his contract after this season, have left many wondering if the star wide receiver might be traded or cut.

But Sunday night’s injury against the Cincinnati Bengals essentially solidified his place on next year’s roster because of an injury clause in his contract.

According to the NFL Network, Beckham will earn $15.75 million next year – $12.97 million of which becomes guaranteed after an injury. That figure becomes a full guarantee if he’s on the roster by the third day of the league year, which he likely will be if he’s unable to pass a physical at that point – making him “uncuttable.”

A trade would also be unlikely with three years left on his contract coming off a serious injury.

• Upvote 1

We have no WR on this roster that can take the top off of a defense draw a safety deep and allow Landry to work well underneath.  

If it makes you feel better by thinking Baker can now exhale or Beckham wasn’t a team guy fine...I don’t know if either of those points are or aren’t the case but the point I mentioned first needs to be answered by someone stepping into that role.

5 hours ago, nickers said:

No one really knows what goes on behind closed doors.. What people say in public.. Does NOT always reflect how they really feel... Most people in the work place tow the company line...

Completely true. BUT, you want us to side with you and the opinion he has been a bad teammate over the ones that are around him?

You don't see how offbeat that sounds?

And Icecube has some kind of vendetta against OBJ. I don't think anyone on here would be able to figure it out. And before he responds, no matter what his intentions are, it comes off as just disliking him, not just that he could conceivably be a bad fit.

And if needed, there are examples of guys changing their spots so to speak in a different location whether that is through play or actions 

3 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

We have no WR on this roster that can take the top off of a defense

Exactly - OBJ was it, period.

DPJ does inspire fear - in himself that he'll drop whatever is thrown to him. There's no FA out there; Dez was recruited by Ravens for the last 3 years.

3 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

by someone stepping into that role

Nobody can. Everyone else is a possession receiver. KhaDarel Hodge [returns to practice tomorrow] may have a top gear but takes 20 yards to get there; JoJo Natson is quick but not fast.

It's weird, I can't disagree with the idea that OBJ was really this team's only real deep threat, and the receiving threat that would cause opposing defenses to worry about the most on the Browns. 

But I also can't disagree that, overall, Baker looks better WITHOUT OBJ. 

1 minute ago, BaconHound said:

Unfortunately I believe this means he will be a Brown next season

He will have missed 40% of his last four seasons come next year. 

The Browns need to consider if he's someone they can depend on. Not sure what his contract status is, but that's a lot of money for someone who seems to be breaking down. 

11 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

He will have missed 40% of his last four seasons come next year. 

The Browns need to consider if he's someone they can depend on. Not sure what his contract status is, but that's a lot of money for someone who seems to be breaking down. 

I believe I heard based on his contract and when he would be able to pass a physical he’s a Brown unless they trade him.  Not sure what his value would be coming off the injury.  Just another bad Browns front office move.

• Upvote 1

On 10/27/2020 at 6:34 PM, Dutch Oven said:

It's weird, I can't disagree with the idea that OBJ was really this team's only real deep threat, and the receiving threat that would cause opposing defenses to worry about the most on the Browns. 

But I also can't disagree that, overall, Baker looks better WITHOUT OBJ. 

lol... reminds me of the Truman quote about a one-armed Economist...

12 hours ago, BaconHound said:

I believe I heard based on his contract and when he would be able to pass a physical he’s a Brown unless they trade him.  Not sure what his value would be coming off the injury.  Just another bad Browns front office move.

Fuckin', Sashi...

At least we never missed Zeitler...

Wait... it was not Sashi?