THE BROWNS BOARD

OBJ has torn ACL

bjh2130

Now watch this offense roll without him... Don't like seeing guys get hurt... But quit frankly.. If he never plays another down for us.. I won't mind... And besides... After having two major injuries.. He may likely never be the same again...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nickers said:

Now watch this offense roll without him... Don't like seeing guys get hurt... But quit frankly.. If he never plays another down for us.. I won't mind... And besides... After having two major injuries.. He may likely never be the same again...

I hate to pile on someone when they are down and it's not my proudest moment, but I agree 100%. 

• Upvote 1

As I wrote elsewhere, we were just beginning to see what OBJ could bring to this team... and he seemed genuinely happy in doing it. I can't help but feel that we will miss him... he was our deep threat.

One thing I know... we will see him again. He came back from one knee as a Giant...

12 minutes ago, D Bone said:

... and it's not my proudest moment...

Thank God for that...

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, D Bone said:

I hate to pile on someone when they are down and it's not my proudest moment, but I agree 100%. 

Don't disagree with you.

I like how Pluto summed it up:

"Mayfield looked free and easy because he was simply throwing to the open receiver – no matter who was on the receiving end of his passes. I believe Mayfield often has fixated on throwing to OBJ, or at least looking to OBJ first. The Browns and Mayfield will deny this. Stats show OBJ is receiving the fewest targets of his career in 2020. But my eyes tell me when Mayfield drops back to pass with his main options being Jarvis Landry, Rashard Higgins, the tight ends and running backs – he’s back to 2018. He’s simply playing the game. See an open guy, deliver the pass. Don’t worry about the name on the jersey."

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, bjh2130 said:

I speculated yesterday in the tavern after seeing the reverse angle that OBJ tore the ACL in his left knee as it appeared to "pop". It has come out today that he is out for the season and tore his ACL. Hoping for a full speedy recovery for OBJ

I was hoping it wasn't, didn't initially look that bad. But the detailed doc breakdown certainly left open the possibility.  

Oh well. Time for Higgins and Peoples-Jones to step up. You have to wonder with the obvious chemistry Hollywood has with Baker, why was he in Freddie's dog house all last year. 

56 minutes ago, D Bone said:

I'm not trying to shit on the kid... He does that well on his own.. I just personally don't care for him.. Hie's talented yes... His antics however.. At times is draining on teams..

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nickers said:

I'm not trying to shit on the kid

Word has it, that would actually make him feel better.

Too soon? 

• Haha 3

People tend to forget why OBJ was brought here, in 2018 Baker didn't have a deep threat which was particularly evident in the final Baltimore game where they sat on all the short routes. Kitchens was a dolt but Stefanski has utilized him well. We're going to miss him in tight games and the playoffs if we make it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MDDawg said:

People tend to forget why OBJ was brought here, in 2018 Baker didn't have a deep threat which was particularly evident in the final Baltimore game where they sat on all the short routes. Kitchens was a dolt but Stefanski has utilized him well. We're going to miss him in tight games and the playoffs if we make it.

We're not going to the SB.. This Defense is still too soft...

• Upvote 1

Opposing teams game plan specifically for OBJ-  not Higgins, not DPJ.  He will be missed. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Might be the case...but now we need a WR with  field stretching ability and someone that may need to be accounted for with safety help.  

Jojo Natson wouldve been good for that had he not been injured...

32 minutes ago, MDDawg said:

Right. Who is our deep threat now?

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

What antics?

him taking his shoes off.. crying and whining like a bitch when he doesn't get the ball... C'mon Gip... This asshole has a history of antics..

Just now, The Gipper said:

That is a bunch of minor nothing that is all in your mind because of it being filled with hate. 

Yes.. I hate players who think they are bigger than the game...

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Again only your perception of things not reality. You are predisposed to hate someone so you do. Period. 

There are many who would agree with me... .. I'm not the only who feels this way about the selfish asshole...

18 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well I certainly would not be the one to claim that you have a monopoly on stupidity. 

You have a monopoly on being Retarded... at least stupidity is correctable

Geez this breaks my heart. He was finally on a winning team and would've caught a shit load of passes yesterday. Just sucks man. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

I speculated yesterday in the tavern after seeing the reverse angle that OBJ tore the ACL in his left knee as it appeared to "pop". It has come out today that he is out for the season and tore his ACL. Hoping for a full speedy recovery for OBJ

I never wish injury on any player, especially a severe one. So, I hope OBJ has a full recovery. 

That being said, I think this is at the point where the Browns become much more legit, as their chemistry will improve drastically, as we all saw yesterday. I believe this is a turning point. 

4 hours ago, nickers said:

he won't be the same....no doubt....he probably won't fully recover until 2022....what teami is going  to want him....bad news is we won't get a damn thing....nothing....no gm will want to get him with all his issues now...health and me me me me.football....we really could have used some picks for some good defensive player....we need them badly...you can say all you want about the offense, but we are going nowhere until we get an elite d....any way i hope he does make a full recovery....hate seeing anyone get injured...

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, browns52 said:

he won't be the same....no doubt....he probably won't fully recover until 2022....what teami is going  to want him....bad news is we won't get a damn thing....nothing....no gm will want to get him with all his issues now...health and me me me me.football....we really could have used some picks for some good defensive player....we need them badly...you can say all you want about the offense, but we are going nowhere until we get an elite d....any way i hope he does make a full recovery....hate seeing anyone get injured...

Let's just accept now that we got the shit end of that trade..

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Icecube said:

Do you honestly not know?

He's just being an ass.. Don't mind him.. He missed his morning dose of Metamucil...