THE BROWNS BOARD

Hollywood Higgins

Unsympathetic

3 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

6 catches, 6 targets, led the team with 110 yards today.. Not bad for an unwanted player.

I'll be picking him up tonight in FF (hopefully) 

12 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

He may start now that OBJ and Chubb will start for the All-IR team the next few weeks

Since it didn't look like OBJ really should have been that hurt on that play, he'll probably be out for the rest of the season.

Who was the high-priced CB the Browns had 15 or 20 years ago that blew out BOTH his knees on the same play? Gary Baxter?  

We could use some of the chemistry that he OBVIOUSLY has with Baker.

Landry and OBJ have made big plays, but I don't know why I feel like he's the one he's the most comfortable with.

3 hours ago, Nero said:

We could use some of the chemistry that he OBVIOUSLY has with Baker.

Landry and OBJ have made big plays, but I don't know why I feel like he's the one he's the most comfortable with.

Baker is comfortable with landry. He's comfortable with higgins. There's obviously something with obj that's uncomfortable. I dont know what and there's no point in me speculating, but it's there. In my mind it's clear the Cleveland Browns offense is more dangerous with odell beckham off the field, and higgins on it. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

Obj out is a blessing

100% false.

2 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

probably chirpin in the huddle

Show your proof or it didn't exist.  Hint: Lies from AM talk radio aren't proof.

For the 4216th time, OBJ is a model teammate.  "Those are the guys you want on your team."

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Unsympathetic said:

100% false.

Show your proof or it didn't exist.  Hint: Lies from AM talk radio aren't proof.

For the 4216th time, OBJ is a model teammate.  "Those are the guys you want on your team."

lol What else do you expect his coach to say to the media? "He's a real dick and I for one wish he wasn't here"?? How many times have we seen and heard a public stamp of approval by an owner over his coach and/or GM.... only to see them fired days later?

There is not a doubt in my mind that OBJ is a high maintenance dude and everyone around him has to walk on eggshells. (and I don't listen to any news - ever. It's just my opinion of the man, based on my experience walking around the planet for 52yrs) 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, D Bone said:

There is not a doubt in my mind that OBJ is a

There's not a doubt in my mind that your post is pure gossip.  OBJ is probably a nice guy who's actually easy to get to know.. if your purpose is something other than publically smearing him.  Colin Cowturd will never see that side of him... because Colin's entire objective is to insult everyone on the Browns.

But hey, if disconnecting from reality is your goal, enjoy your psychotic break!

Just now, Unsympathetic said:

There's not a doubt in my mind that everything which follows is gossip.

But hey, if disconnecting from reality is the best you can do, enjoy your psychotic break!

lol "reality" Yep, I'll keep disconnecting from someone with an agenda telling me what to believe, and of course, what to fear. 

A model citizen.... 

https://sny.tv/articles/how-odell-beckham-jrs-latest-giants-rant-proves-dave-gettleman-was-right-to-trade-him

https://sny.tv/articles/odell-beckham-jr-trade-why-giants-decided-to-deal-pain-in-the-ass-receiver

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

I'll keep disconnecting from someone with an agenda telling me what to believe, and of course, what to fear

Your agenda is asserting your moral superiority - with the side bonus of getting people to fear OBJ.  Outcomes are immaterial - you just want to show everyone how good you are through random insults directed at some athlete you'll never meet.

In both the articles you posted  - "Beckham was loved by most of his teammates. He was known to be an incredibly hard worker."  That is.. the entire point.  

Looks like the Giants ran their WR room without establishing consensus, which is always going to lead to unnamed assertions and "leaks" when anyone thinks things could be done differently.  As to the rest.. that's called life, and nothing you shouldn't expect with an athlete.  Giants are reacting to Insta/FB posts in the same way they'd react to paparazzi photos from decades ago, which is.. wildly incorrect.

And.. Even if everything in those links was 100% true [which it's not].. that has ZERO connection to the assertion you made and I responded to. 

Those links do not mention let alone describe OBJ's personality.  Your post is pure gossip.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

Obj out is a blessing...

No. 

ODB was increasingly a scapegoat for frustrated, casual football I.Q. fans.   Now that Baker has had a decent game without him, they stand ready to sacrifice said scapegoat.

We won without Wyatt Teller, are you trying to tell me we're better off without a premier interior lineman?   No, you wouldn't.  

Fact is, Cincy doesn't have the personnel, coaching and time necessary on the field to pull off a lot of the defensive looks the Ravens and Steelers gave Baker.     Beckham being gone is NOT a net positive for this team by any stretch.   Your primary outside vertical threat is now lost for the season.  And at some point you will see defensive coaches make us pay for that.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

No. 

ODB was increasingly a scapegoat for frustrated, casual football I.Q. fans.   Now that Baker has had a decent game without him, they stand ready to sacrifice said scapegoat.

We won without Wyatt Teller, are you trying to tell me we're better off without a premier interior lineman?   No, you wouldn't.  

Fact is, Cincy doesn't have the personnel, coaching and time necessary on the field to pull off a lot of the defensive looks the Ravens and Steelers gave Baker.     Beckham being gone is NOT a net positive for this team by any stretch.   Your primary outside vertical threat is now lost for the season.  And at some point you will see defensive coaches make us pay for that.

So for us casual football I.Q fans, we can now surmise that the next time we play either Pittsburgh or Baltimore without OBJ, then we can expect to be held to say 4 points instead of the 6.5 with OBJ...  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Orion said:

Higgins helped us in a big way yesterday.

He not only helped us big, he proved that he is a PLAYMAKER making tough catches all over the field. The one that really stood out is when he had the awareness to know he wasn't touched and rolled out of bounds to stop the clock.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Neo said:

He not only helped us big, he proved that he is a PLAYMAKER making tough catches all over the field. The one that really stood out is when he had the awareness to know he wasn't touched and rolled out of bounds to stop the clock.

Man, you're not lying! That catch at the end to put us in FG range was absolutely nuts. First off, the throw was stupid good. Nice and high, but soft so Higgins could high-point it. Then he snares it and you're thinking, "OK...we're in FG range. Just take one shot, then kick it. We can win it in OT." 

NOPE! How about the best pass of Baker's career to DPJ?! 

Can we talk about Harrison Bryant, too? I mean, his 2nd TD was NOT easy to catch. Baker threw the hardest ball I've ever seen him throw, and Bryant somehow grabbed it. We heard all training camp that Harrison was blowing up and for once it wasn't smoke. It's FIRE. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Those links do not mention let alone describe OBJ's personality. 

Your post is pure gossip.

Actually more like "pure conjecture"... but carry on...

9 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Baker is comfortable with landry. He's comfortable with higgins. There's obviously something with obj that's uncomfortable. I dont know what and there's no point in me speculating, but it's there. In my mind it's clear the Cleveland Browns offense is more dangerous with odell beckham off the field, and higgins on it. 

If it's pointless... count me in... ;)

I'm sure there are a lot of factors, but time together/ familiarity has to be atop any list. Bake's in his 3rd year with Landry... 3rd with Higgins... 2nd with OBJ. A 1-season difference may not sound like much, but there was no camp this year and, if memory serves, OBJ missed most of the 2019 Camp with a high ankle sprain... I know he did not appear in the preseason.

So... Baker was not as familiar with OBJ. They simply could not anticipate what each other would do in every situation

Now add the intimidation factor, real or merely perceived, of keeping a star WR "happy" on a losing team to boot. That's what Freddie... not Baker, but Freddie... was facing. Mix in Freddie's penchant for calling unpracticed plays and there ya go... but that was 2019.

=============> The rest of this post is aimed less at you, Kid, than it is nickers and DBone, and other uninformed detractors... <====================

2020 was different. Obvious as hell to any with eyes and minds open... OBJ was happy... we were winning... he was contributing significantly to some, but not all, of those wins, yet he was happy.

Yes, he went off on the sideline in PTG, but that was passion to win... to win against good teams, not just those we were supposed to beat.

Sunday Bake's 1st throw was intended for OBJ. That play had been practiced all week... and it likely worked every time until it counted. Then it was horrendously underthrown. Does anyone think OBJ fucked up and ran too fast? Didn't think so...

Then this PITA, prima donna WR of ours blew out his knee trying to chase down the DB that made the pick. What a selfish bum making the INT play all about him...

Whatever improvement OBJ's absence made was delayed another 4 throws as Baker completed his opening 0 fer 5 stretch.

And that opening pass play? I think we may have seen it again reborn as our last offensive play...

I think missing OBJ can impact the running game, meaning that teams wont feel the need to double team anyone like they would with OBJ. But I think this will mean Baker won't feel the need to say throw it OBJ just because he has single coverage, he will just go with the guy that is open. He looked like 2018 Baker last game. Lets see if this continues, the game this week is huge for playoff implications. The Raiders have a pretty soft schedule after playing us, so winning the game against them will be huge for tie breaker reasons.

26 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

How about the best pass of Baker's career to DPJ?! 

If that's his "best pass", we're in for a lot of heartbreak.

I mean seriously, it was a great play, but Peeps had to slow, turn around and catch a ball that somehow missed the flailing arms of the CIN DB while toe-dragging the side of the endzone's midpoint.

A great pass would have dropped over Peep's shoulder at the back pylon just as it was likely drawn up, but instead it was short and to the outside.

Peeps made a great catch.

Baker made a dozen throws during the game that were better than the gamewinner... not the least of which was the preceding high-pointed throw to Higgins.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, runyon27 said:

But I think this will mean Baker won't feel the need to say throw it OBJ just because he has single coverage, he will just go with the guy that is open.

I truly do not understand this comment.

In the NFL single covered is as close to "open" as receivers get most plays.

9 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

If that's his "best pass", we're in for a lot of heartbreak.

I mean seriously, it was a great play, but Peeps had to slow, turn around and catch a ball that somehow missed the flailing arms of the CIN DB while toe-dragging the side of the endzone's midpoint.

A great pass would have dropped over Peep's shoulder at the back pylon just as it was likely drawn up, but instead it was short and to the outside.

Peeps made a great catch.

Baker made a dozen throws during the game that were better than the gamewinner... not the least of which was the preceding high-pointed throw to Higgins.

That pass was on a dime.. Bake threw it only where DJP could get it..

• Upvote 1

I'm not going to get into the OBJ character debate, but I will say pretty confidently that he's pretty much damaged goods at this time, regardless if he's a good or a bad teammate. 

When this season ends, I think he will have missed like 40% of his possible starts the last four seasons. 

25 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Ehhh...I don't know man. He threw it early enough so the safety couldn't get there, held him for a second with his eyes toward the middle, and then dropped it right in the bucket to win the game. You also have to remember that DPJ let the ball come to him. He could've high-pointed it, but he chose to let the ball come to him. It worked out (obviously) but you'd like to see your WR go up and get it because the throw was there to grab, right over the flailing arms of the DB. This throw was labeled by SI's Pete Smith as a plus throw, in addition to the Njoku TD.