THE BROWNS BOARD

Sandejo

Cbus Brownie

10 hours ago, hish747 said:

Coaches put in "their guy" just to try to prove that they were right in selecting a given player. And "their guy" gets more rope than others. We've seen this with just about any WR over Rashard Higgins for example even though it's clear to fans that Higgins is better than just everyone except Jarvis.  Yet, somehow, the coaches last year couldn't see this. Why? Because he wasn't "their guy." Same with Sendejo, he came with Stefanski so they are loyal to a fault with him.

At least you agree that he pops into photo ops. We disagree that this has anything to do with leadership. I have not seen his teammates treat him as a leader.

Does he need to strip the ball from a fellow defensive player who just made an interception and run it back the wrong way for you to acknowledge his weakness? It seems that you just want to wait until what I don't know what...oh wait, "procrastination" is listed as an interest in your signature....never mind. :)

I finally got around to responding... ;)

You keep talking about this and that being clear to all, when it is anything but clear. We don't get to see practices. We don't sit in on film sessions. We watch games. And when games are watched impressions can be formed from bits and pieces, anecdotes, if you will. But the basis for these impressions is not equal across all positions and is weakest for DBs and WRs because unlike the Lines and RBs they are not in every plays' shot.

I can dissect OL play as well as anyone on this board, and far better than most, but I don't pretend to do so from simply watching a game.

As for "guys"...

First, last year was last year. Higgins clearly did nothing to earn PT under Freddie. Stef comes in and all our WRs except Peeps were already here... so he had no guy(s). Yet Higgins still rode the pine. Why would this clearly superior choice ride the pine in the absence of favoritism?

Sendejo? I think saying he's Stef's guy, thus insinuating that Woods has no choice but to start him, is just weak. I don't see Stef as that kind of HC and I don't see their time in MN, where Stef only ever coached on the Offensive side of the ball, as generating that kind of relationship.

As for popping into photos... I honestly don't know what you are talking about. League-wide entire Defensive units race downfield to endzone-camera video-screens to celebrate turnovers. Sometimes the celebrations are choreographed; sometimes they look like a "look-at-me" competition. Again, I have seen Sendejo celebrating teammates plays... and that is not a negative.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

I’m going to try to make an argument the other way...

Sendejo’s PFF scores 

2017: 80.9

2018: 69.7

2019: 71.3

Even if this isn’t entirely your metric of evaluation these are good numbers.

So if you are waiting on this or something close to this okay I’m warming up to why you want to keep the guy in

Do you know what position he played to earn those decent grades...

2 hours ago, hish747 said:

Nice try. You're trying a little too hard by leaving out his PFF score for 2020... 44.7!

... and what position he is playing now?

Feel free to collaborate in coming up with your answers...

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

We don't get to see practices. We don't sit in on film sessions. We watch games. And when games are watched impressions can be formed from bits and pieces, anecdotes, if you will.

I used to tell my girls' parents when they asked me about play time, defensive position or any other questions, that "They only get to see the tip of the iceberg (the game), I see the entire iceberg."

I asked them to trust me and was lucky enough to have all but 4 of them do so in my 11yr career.... I'm not friends on FB with those 4 players or any of their families. Weird?   

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

What stop are we talking about?  He was brought in because of his versatility and he had a background with Joe Woods system.  

Minnesota apparently moved him around he played closer to the line of scrimmage and even most recently with Minnesota Some Nickle corner.  

The Eagles cut him last season during the year he had a couple senseless penalties and was largely ineffective so the Vikes  picked him up as a backup.  

He’s been asked to tackle and cover in every stop as he’s moved around and played multiple roles.

57 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

He had a cup of coffee in Philly... spent a career in MN.

Answer the question...

Haha too funny.

funny how one organization just cut him loose midseason last year - I guess it is too outlandish for another organization to do the same thing a year later.  

why don’t you answer your own question.  You are the expert 

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

He had a cup of coffee in Philly... spent a career in MN.

Answer the question...

Regardless of whatever he may have done, wherever, whomever he played for, what  position he may have played;   Right here, right now,  Sandejo sucks.

There is your answer.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Don't know and don't care about his past. I care about what's happening now and that's what matters. 44.7 on PFF confirms what we are seeing on the field. You can choose to ignore what the evidence shows. It's up to you.

9 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

You are the expert

Apparently so.... whereas you have just been talking out your ass for a half-dozen posts.

I usually catch on quicker when that's the case, but I've been under the weather for the past week or so...

... not CoVid... just a lil old sinus infection, but throws off the sense of smell just the same.

54 minutes ago, hish747 said:

Don't know and don't care about his past. I care about what's happening now and that's what matters. 44.7 on PFF confirms what we are seeing on the field. You can choose to ignore what the evidence shows. It's up to you.

You don't care about the past, but I am the one ignoring things?

Have fun echoing with SdB... you guys were made for each other.

17 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Apparently so.... whereas you have just been talking out your ass for a half-dozen posts.

I usually catch on quicker when that's the case, but I've been under the weather for the past week or so...

... not CoVid... just a lil old sinus infection, but throws off the sense of smell just the same.

You don't care about the past, but I am the one ignoring things?

I actually exposed some facts that were on your side.

maybe the sinus infection is throwing off your sight 

12 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Thank you, I have no problem being associated with others who see and judge using reality and logic.

In case you missed it on the other thread here are some PFF grades.

Sendejo is graded 44.7 on Pro Football Focus

Here are the other Browns Safety PFF grades:

Ronnie Harrison 79.6

Sheldrick 69.6

Jovante Moffat 61.8

Karl Joseph 49

But you'll probably continue to bury your head in the sand.

Sandejo just got ran over...again. Took a terrible angle, again. And was slow to make contact, again. Didn’t wrap up and cost us, again. 

the man is just not a good player anymore. He shouldn’t be in the field, pretty simple. That’s not on him for sucking, it’s in the FO for not having a better solution. 

2 hours ago, Cbus Brownie said:

Sandejo just got ran over...again. Took a terrible angle, again. And was slow to make contact, again. Didn’t wrap up and cost us, again. 

the man is just not a good player anymore. He shouldn’t be in the field, pretty simple. That’s not on him for sucking, it’s in the FO for not having a better solution. 

So, riddle me this:  If this is the observation of us stupid fans, why cannot the coaches see this?  And get him out of there. And pick up one of these safeties who cannot be worse.....all on the street and available:

Earl Thomas

Clayton Geathers

Tre Boston

Tony Jefferson

Rashad Jones

Morgan Burnett even

Eric Reid

Johnson Bademosi. 

6 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

He’s just two steps behind on everything. On that frankly should have been TD he just stands there flat footed and gets smoked on a simple corner route. I truly am lost how this man has a starting job. How much more do you need to see?

Yup... too slow to play FS.

In the zone we played on that wasn't-a-TD play both he and Ward broke on the ball as it was released and while neither got there Ward under and Sendjo inside forced the wide throw and Ruggs failed to drag a toe. Defenders use the sidelines as an extra defender.

Yet Sendejo plays... out of position. He was a mediocre FS for MN for 5 years before being moved to SS where he started for 4 years.

Ask yourself why he starts at FS for us once again...

... then watch our Goal line stand when we were down 13-6. On the 3rd down run Gustin has the ball carrier around the waist, but it was Sendejo that kept him out of the endzone.

The answer should then be clear...

... overall we have no one better ATM.

It may be a sad statement, but it appears to be the truth.

32 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Yup... too slow to play FS.

In the zone we played on that wasn't-a-TD play both he and Ward broke on the ball as it was released and while neither got there Ward under and Sendjo inside forced the wide throw and Ruggs failed to drag a toe. Defenders use the sidelines as an extra defender.

Yet Sendejo plays... out of position. He was a mediocre FS for MN for 5 years before being moved to SS where he started for 4 years.

Ask yourself why he starts at FS for us once again...

Because we have fuck all else to play there?  

That is on Berry for not getting any of the guys on the list I posted here of guys who are on the street and available. 

... then watch our Goal line stand when we were down 13-6. On the 3rd down run Gustin has the ball carrier around the waist, but it was Sendejo that kept him out of the endzone.

The answer should then be clear...

... overall we have no one better ATM.

It may be a sad statement, but it appears to be the truth.

Yea...see what I just fucking said. 

Sendejo for me is only serviceable as a downhill tackler, as a SS. But he's way off position or slow to make even those plays. And forget about coverage. Any decent pass coming his way is a catch.

• Upvote 1

Sometimes in this forum I have to remember myself that I am talking with men averaging at least 30 years more than me... 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nero said:

Sometimes in this forum I have to remember myself that I am talking with men averaging at least 30 years more than me... 

Go over to the polyboard. The mental level over there will make you feel like a wise old man.😂

14 hours ago, Nero said:

And we're doing our best to maintain that average....

• Haha 5

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, hish747 said:

FYI, Sendejo's PFF grade is now BELOW 40.

This is pretty much at the level of a practice squad player.

He might good for the practice squad if it weren't for his habit of injuring his own teammates.

I’m not even surprised anymore. He shows up fashionably late on plays but celebrates other guys plays pretty well so I guess there is that. 

I think in the grand scheme of things he’s waiting to pull out some miracle game saving INT against the Steelers to get us in the playoffs.  

Just now, SdBacker80 said:

I’m not even surprised anymore. He shows up fashionably late on plays but celebrates other guys plays pretty well so I guess there is that. 

I think in the grand scheme of things he’s waiting to pull out some miracle game saving INT against the Steelers to get us in the playoffs.  

I think he has blackmail photos on Andrew Berry. 

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

Don't hold your breath waiting