THE BROWNS BOARD

Sandejo

Cbus Brownie

19 minutes ago, LCDawgFan13 said:

First off...I'm always on here reading. But haven't commented in a long time. But I've got to ask...Is there a reason we haven't reached out to a guy like Eric Reid? He's what...28? He's a FA. And there's nonway he can be any worse than Sandejo.

Oh, this should be fun...😀

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, LCDawgFan13 said:

First off...I'm always on here reading. But haven't commented in a long time. But I've got to ask...Is there a reason we haven't reached out to a guy like Eric Reid? He's what...28? He's a FA. And there's nonway he can be any worse than Sandejo.

A very valid question. Don't let Mr. Fart annoy you. 

Sendejo is a pure liability who is usually only notable when he comes in with late hit or a barely missed helmet to helmet shot. I see him in the backfield motioning for team mates to do this and do that. Is this guy really the 'quarterback' of our defense? Then I see him try to get into every defensive photo op when he contributed NOTHING to the play. I think he's a complete fraud who wants to look like he's a useful part of the team but it's apparent his playing days are over.  I have a really hard time believing any other player, maybe even practice squad player,  would be as bad as he is.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

image.thumb.png.f5fb32625e127a525c6a317595de76ac.png

You’re being serious? He’s second leading in tackles so he should get a pass? 

Most of those were contributing or cleanups, he’s the safety for Christ Sakes. Fact is, in the open field Sandejo gets beat every time. The ballcarrier shakes him, breaks his ankles, or just runs right past him. In coverage, he’s not even close. He’s not two steps back, he’s burnt, and he never makes plays on the ball. 

Outside of Ward, Harrison, Goodson, and to a lesser degree Mitchell, our Back 7 fucking sucks and is probably the worst in the league. Sandejo is carrying the flag. He is hands down the worst NFL safety I’ve seen. I’ve watched the tape so closely it’s personal how bad this mother fucker is. He’s sabotaging what should be a playoff run. 

Delpit injury fucked us. Not sure what the long term deal is with greedy, but this front office needs to make something happen ASAP. We should make the playoffs , and with this back 7 we’re assured a 1st round exit. Do whatever the fuck you need to do, and do it now. 

So he just might be better than Simmons... ;)

9 hours ago, Cbus Brownie said:

You’re being serious? He’s second leading in tackles so he should get a pass? 

Most of those were contributing or cleanups, he’s the safety for Christ Sakes. Fact is, in the open field Sandejo gets beat every time. The ballcarrier shakes him, breaks his ankles, or just runs right past him. In coverage, he’s not even close. He’s not two steps back, he’s burnt, and he never makes plays on the ball. 

Outside of Ward, Harrison, Goodson, and to a lesser degree Mitchell, our Back 7 fucking sucks and is probably the worst in the league. Sandejo is carrying the flag. He is hands down the worst NFL safety I’ve seen. I’ve watched the tape so closely it’s personal how bad this mother fucker is. He’s sabotaging what should be a playoff run. 

Delpit injury fucked us. Not sure what the long term deal is with greedy, but this front office needs to make something happen ASAP. We should make the playoffs , and with this back 7 we’re assured a 1st round exit. Do whatever the fuck you need to do, and do it now. 

Never said pass.... simply rebutting the claims that he's contributed nothing. Second leading tackler is not "nothing". And while you really don't want your FS running up those kind of tackle numbers, it's better to have him be there to "clean up" than to not be there, isn't it? Add that he is the playcaller for our 2ndary and I'd say he is contributing.

That said... I am well aware of his limitations as I am sure our staff and FO are. Clearly at 33 he simply no longer has the speed the position requires, but he has the experience. Stef knew him from MN and no doubt was instrumental in our signing him to a 1-year deal. A deal that brought him in to supply that experience in the DB room... and more than likely transfer to Delpit in a mentor role. But circumstances change...

As for "doing WTF you need to do NOW"... well, sorry, Charlie, that ain't happenin'. How much of our future are you willing to mortgage to make it the 2nd round of the 2020-21 season's playoffs. Even making the playoffs this year is "gravy"...

With 2021 will come the debut of Delpit and a slew of Defensive rookies.

Sendejo? Could be gone... could be on another 1-year deal... could be the newest member of the Browns coaching staff... but for this year, warts and all, he's our centerfielder.

7 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

So he just might be better than Simmons... ;)

Never said pass.... simply rebutting the claims that he's contributed nothing. Second leading tackler is not "nothing". And while you really don't want your FS running up those kind of tackle numbers, it's better to have him be there to "clean up" than to not be there, isn't it? Add that he is the playcaller for our 2ndary and I'd say he is contributing.

That said... I am well aware of his limitations as I am sure our staff and FO are. Clearly at 33 he simply no longer has the speed the position requires, but he has the experience. Stef knew him from MN and no doubt was instrumental in our signing him to a 1-year deal. A deal that brought him in to supply that experience in the DB room... and more than likely transfer to Delpit in a mentor role. But circumstances change...

As for "doing WTF you need to do NOW"... well, sorry, Charlie, that ain't happenin'. How much of our future are you willing to mortgage to make it the 2nd round of the 2020-21 season's playoffs. Even making the playoffs this year is "gravy"...

With 2021 will come the debut of Delpit and a slew of Defensive rookies.

Sendejo? Could be gone... could be on another 1-year deal... could be the newest member of the Browns coaching staff... but for this year, warts and all, he's our centerfielder.

You argument is a 'sunk cost fallacy.' I believe there has to be someone better. Sendejo may be a good coach, but he sure as heck is helping our opponents more than us on a weekly basis. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, hish747 said:

You argument is a 'sunk cost fallacy.'

In what way? I ask because I don't see it... not in a single season anyway. Now if I were to be promoting that we give Sendejo another season, then you'd have a point.

Where's Delpit's best fit? How much are you willing to spend in draft capital and salary to land a FS (Sendejo's position) only to find out in 2021 Camp that you filled Delpit's best position?

What I see is gross, fan impatience. Not everything wrong with the 2019 Browns was going to be fixed by one off-season.

And I'll save you some heartache... all our remaining issues are not going to be fixed in just one more offseason either.

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

In what way? I ask because I don't see it... not in a single season anyway. Now if I were to be promoting that we give Sendejo another season, then you'd have a point.

Where's Delpit's best fit? How much are you willing to spend in draft capital and salary to land a FS (Sendejo's position) only to find out in 2021 Camp that you filled Delpit's best position?

What I see is gross, fan impatience. Not everything wrong with the 2019 Browns was going to be fixed by one off-season.

And I'll save you some heartache... all our remaining issues are not going to be fixed in just one more offseason either.

They way I see it, you are essentially arguing that we stay with Sendejo simply because of what we already have invested in him. By doing that we are wasting opportunity for wins. We have 4 other safeties on this team who are better than Sendejo. So I don't see why he gets as much playing time as he does. I would think there must be someone out there we can trade for before the deadline.

It's not gross fan impatience either. Impatience would have been after the first game. I waited until at least the second! His poor performance is evidenced on just about every play he's on the field. It always seems that any play he's involved with is late and with a lowered helmet. And then he scrambles to get into every frame he can after others have contributed. Give me a break, in addition to a fraud, the guy is a ticking time bomb on our side of the field and sooner or later his blatant incompetence will turn into disaster when we get a 4th down stop and he goes in with a late headbutt.

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Respectfully disagree. Nothings guaranteed in this league, progress in the right direction next year included. We need to win now. This franchise is starved for wins. One bandaid away from being more competitive in a playoff season is worth the risk, especially with 7 draft picks as barter. 

19 minutes ago, hish747 said:

They way I see it, you are essentially arguing that we stay with Sendejo simply because of what we already have invested in him. By doing that we are wasting opportunity for wins. We have 4 other safeties on this team who are better than Sendejo. So I don't see why he gets as much playing time as he does. I would think there must be someone out there we can trade for before the deadline.

It's not gross fan impatience either. Impatience would have been after the first game. I waited until at least the second! His poor performance is evidenced on just about every play he's on the field. It always seems that any play he's involved with is late and with a lowered helmet. And then he scrambles to get into every frame he can after others have contributed. Give me a break, in addition to a fraud, the guy is a ticking time bomb on our side of the field and sooner or later his blatant incompetence will turn into disaster when we get a 4th down stop and he goes in with a late headbutt.

I'm not making any investment argument. The coaches are putting him on the field for a reason. They seem to think he's the best option we have on our roster. Despite the plays I have seen him miss making... and there have been a few a game... I have no basis for disagreeing with them.

As for "wasting opportunity for wins", how many wins has he cost us to date? Put another way.... which of our two, got-our-butts-whipped, team losses was he solely responsible for?

lol... well at least you waited until the 2nd game. That said... I have seen Sendejo get in camera shots late though after a teammate has made a play... to celebrate a teammates play. Leaders tend to do that kind of stuff.

The impatience of which I spoke is not measured in one, 2020 game... it's season long. As I wrote elsewhere a few minutes ago, the 2020 offseason was focused upon the Offense. The only significant D-side acquisition is sitting on IR after blowing out his achilles.

42 minutes ago, Cbus Brownie said:

Respectfully disagree. Nothings guaranteed in this league, progress in the right direction next year included. We need to win now. This franchise is starved for wins. One bandaid away from being more competitive in a playoff season is worth the risk, especially with 7 draft picks as barter. 

Back at ya...

But we neither need, nor are ready, to "win now"... not with one side of the ball so far from being competitive. Were we only a Sendejo replacement away from having a competitive D, then I, and I suspect our F.O., would be calling for his replacement.

I'll take that bait -- Eric Reid declined an offer yesterday to join washington's practice squad. He's FA by choice not because of politics.  If it was political, can't think of a bigger finger than to play in Washington.

And Panthers of all people cut Reid this offseason... because he's no better than Sendejo. PFF 2019 Reid = 46. Sendejo this year = 45. 

This is not unlike thinking to yourself that old washed-up Carlos Dunlap is somehow better in 2020 than Olivier Vernon.. because you're having visions of sugarplums and 2015 Carlos Dunlap.  Unfortunately, Father Time always wins - and Dunlap is this year a more expensive version of Adrian Clayborn. Dunlap is not a starter in Cincinnati this season.. he's worse against the run for the Bengals DL position group than one of their UDFA rookies.

Pretty sure nobody had me with that take...

You don't trade for someone else's garbage player.. because the reason they're available is their original team doesn't want them.  Wanting to win now is great -- trading for a player who is no better than the one you want to put on the bench simply decreases your resources [draft picks] and doesn't in any way address the problem.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I'm not making any investment argument. The coaches are putting him on the field for a reason. They seem to think he's the best option we have on our roster. Despite the plays I have seen him miss making... and there have been a few a game... I have no basis for disagreeing with them.

As for "wasting opportunity for wins", how many wins has he cost us to date? Put another way.... which of our two, got-our-butts-whipped, team losses was he solely responsible for?

lol... well at least you waited until the 2nd game. That said... I have seen Sendejo get in camera shots late though after a teammate has made a play... to celebrate a teammates play. Leaders tend to do that kind of stuff.

The impatience of which I spoke is not measured in one, 2020 game... it's season long. As I wrote elsewhere a few minutes ago, the 2020 offseason was focused upon the Offense. The only significant D-side acquisition is sitting on IR after blowing out his achilles.

Coaches put in "their guy" just to try to prove that they were right in selecting a given player. And "their guy" gets more rope than others. We've seen this with just about any WR over Rashard Higgins for example even though it's clear to fans that Higgins is better than just everyone except Jarvis.  Yet, somehow, the coaches last year couldn't see this. Why? Because he wasn't "their guy." Same with Sendejo, he came with Stefanski so they are loyal to a fault with him.

At least you agree that he pops into photo ops. We disagree that this has anything to do with leadership. I have not seen his teammates treat him as a leader.

Does he need to strip the ball from a fellow defensive player who just made an interception and run it back the wrong way for you to acknowledge his weakness? It seems that you just want to wait until what I don't know what...oh wait, "procrastination" is listed as an interest in your signature....never mind. :)

I’m going to try to make an argument the other way...

Sendejo’s PFF scores 

2017: 80.9

2018: 69.7

2019: 71.3

Even if this isn’t entirely your metric of evaluation these are good numbers.

So if you are waiting on this or something close to this okay I’m warming up to why you want to keep the guy in

4 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

I’m going to try to make an argument the other way...

Sendejo’s PFF scores 

2017: 80.9

2018: 69.7

2019: 71.3

Even if this isn’t entirely your metric of evaluation these are good numbers.

So if you are waiting on this or something close to this okay I’m warming up to why you want to keep the guy in

Nice try. You're trying a little too hard by leaving out his PFF score for 2020... 44.7!

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, hish747 said:

Hiding his current numbers undermines your argument. Unless your goal is also to delude yourself, it makes it clear that even you know how bad he is.

I’ve been harsh in other posts about him.  He’s an easy target.

In pointing out the 17-19 numbers it shows he’s played at a really high level and most recently at a solid level (less than 12 months ago).   Maybe he adjusts to our scheme gets comfortable.  I don’t like the prospects of that but who knows.

59 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

I’ve been harsh in other posts about him.  He’s an easy target.

In pointing out the 17-19 numbers it shows he’s played at a really high level and most recently at a solid level (less than 12 months ago).   Maybe he adjusts to our scheme gets comfortable.  I don’t like the prospects of that but who knows.

If he gets any more comfortable in the secondary, he will start snoring.  A 44.7 PFF score is not even a quality backup