THE BROWNS BOARD

DPJ

MLD Woody

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

We have two guys on the practice squad, JaMarcus Bradley, 6', 198, rookie LA Lafayette, and Ryan Switzer, 5'9, 183, 4th year out of UNC.

Anybody know anything about this guys?

There is no picture of Ryan Switzer on the Browns roster, but without googling, I feel pretty safe saying "gritty" white possession receiver.

Zombo

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-sign-wr-ryan-switzer-to-practice-squad

Switzer is a bit of a journeyman type guy. Been with Dallas, Raiders and Steelers before. 50 career receptions and a fair shake of kick and punt returns.

1 hour ago, Ibleedbrown said:

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-sign-wr-ryan-switzer-to-practice-squad

Switzer is a bit of a journeyman type guy. Been with Dallas, Raiders and Steelers before. 50 career receptions and a fair shake of kick and punt returns.

Always cast in that Welker/Edelman/ role, but doesn't quite have "the stuff", i.e., quicks and strength combo, to get to that level. But the rosters he has been crowded off of tend to have pretty deep WR rooms... deeper than ours anyway.

3 hours ago, Zombo said:

Tawan Taylor becomes #4.

We have two guys on the practice squad, JaMarcus Bradley, 6', 198, rookie LA Lafayette, and Ryan Switzer, 5'9, 183, 4th year out of UNC.

Anybody know anything about this guys?

Taywan Taylor is the fools' gold I see in ours. Guy has been forever viewed as having the promise of bringing that Tyrek Hill kind of impact to a roster... and has failed to deliver at a Switzer level.

Bradley? Decent size (6' 0-3/8", 198#) and speed (4.5-ish) with big hands (10-3/8") and disproportionately long arms (77-1/4" wingspan). Doesn't look especially quick or strong... major competition level questions...

Relief on the way:

Stefanski: WR KhaDarel Hodge ready to resume practicing with Browns

Jeff Risdon
Browns Wire

Reinforcements should be on the way soon for the Cleveland Browns receiving corps. Wideout KhaDarel Hodge is set to begin practicing with the team this week and could be activated from injured reserve in time to play in the Week 8 matchup against the Las Vegas Raiders.

Browns head coach Kevin Stefanski said Hodge is ready to come back to practice after missing the last three games with a hamstring injury that led the team to place him on I.R. Stefanski seemed hopeful in his press conference Monday that Hodge, known for his blocking and special teams prowess, will be activated soon.

The Browns have a need with Odell Beckham Jr. going on I.R. after tearing his left ACL in Sunday’s win over the Bengals. Cleveland has a bye in Week 9 after hosting the Raiders on Sunday.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I've seen the name Adam Thielen, WR from the Vikings a few times in connection with the Browns. 

I like him a lot, mostly because I think he can give us a bigger frame in the WR corps, but I think he will and actually can ask for big money.

Trading OBJ away and getting Thielen? We would still keep a mighty WR group with a more friendly cap approach, but I even would be OK with Landry, Higgins and other reliables WR2/WR3 (Hodges and DPJ aren't there yet, for me) to use the cap somewhere else; I've heard our D has some glaring holes.

Idk how are the Vikes doing with cap, but Justin Jefferson is doing well so they might think about getting some relief because they're tied to the not-so-great-but-man-does-he-have-a-contract Cousins. 

On the other side, I don't know if I would consider going from Cousins to Mayfield... 

I was just looking at the predraft rankings and was wondering where DPJ was located, well.......

WR89 D. Peoples-Jones CLE bye 9.   So he was the WR #89, hmmmmm.  With the season about half done it's interesting to take a look back to FL Draft Day.

Oh and other notables:  WR (Wide Receiver)   # Name Bye. The hits and misses.....and IRs.

WR1 D. Adams GB 5

WR2 D. Hopkins ARI 8

WR3 C. Ridley ATL 10

WR4 T. Hill KC 10

WR5  Q ... J. Jones ATL 10

WR6 D. Metcalf SEA 6

WR7 A. Thielen MIN 7

WR8 A. Brown TEN 

WR9 T. Lockett SEA 6

WR10 K. Golladay DET 5

WR11 Q  M. Thomas NO 6

WR12 S. Diggs BUF 11

WR13 T. McLaurin WAS 8

WR14   Q.  A. Robinson CHI 11

WR15 A. Cooper DAL 10

WR16 W. Fuller HOU 8

And I had trouble finding this one:

WR110   IR.  O. Beckham CLE 9....  #110 but  originally #1 on the IR list.   :o

On 10/27/2020 at 6:51 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Huh?

Just sayin' Hodge kept Higgins on the bench so what are the odds Peeps gets snaps now?

On 10/27/2020 at 7:28 PM, Zombo said:

Double huh?

Just sayin' Hodge kept Higgins on the bench so what are the odds Peeps gets snaps now?

46 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Well you said "Season done" so it sounded like we wouldn't see him any more. He's #1 kr and pr since Jojo went down,  and now he's worked himself up to #3 receiver, so he is no worse than #4 even with Hodge around.

The difference is OBJ is gone. And kid proved he can play ... if anything, we'll be seeing more of him, not less.

Z

7 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Have we run a 4 WR set this year?

Peeps will get his S/T snaps, but looks like few to very few at WR.

I doubt we run 4 wr sets, but the guys that started out #4 and inactive played 85% and 69% of snaps last week and caught 9 out of 9 targets for 166 yards and a TD, helping our QB to a near perfect qb rating after his initial int ... so I don't think either of them are going to disappear because the great KhaDarel Hodge and his 3 catches in three games returns.

Hodge is a good blocker and set picker, Peoples is more of a potential play maker, they will both see snaps.

Z

Originally when the BROWNS got OBJ it looked like the missing piece to a super bowl run.

My how things can change.   :o

2 hours ago, Zombo said:

I doubt we run 4 wr sets, but the guys that started out #4 and inactive played 85% and 69% of snaps last week and caught 9 out of 9 targets for 166 yards and a TD, helping our QB to a near perfect qb rating after his initial int ... so I don't think either of them are going to disappear because the great KhaDarel Hodge and his 3 catches in three games returns.

Hodge is a good blocker and set picker, Peoples is more of a potential play maker, they will both see snaps.

The implied, but unstated, name in your reply is Higgins. If my math is correct, then he supplied the other 6 catches that Peeps did not... and actually it was 6 of 8 from Baker. Plus IIRC for about 55 minutes of the game Higgins and Peeps were the #2 and 3 WRs respectively.

My point is that Higgins has earned the #3 role behind Hodge and will push him for the #2. Peeps will be the #4.

As for Hodge's low, 3-game, catch total... really just proves my other point that in our multi-TE-centric Offense the #3 (let alone the #4) WR sees little PT.

6 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

The implied, but unstated, name in your reply is Higgins. If my math is correct, then he supplied the other 6 catches that Peeps did not... and actually it was 6 of 8 from Baker. Plus IIRC for about 55 minutes of the game Higgins and Peeps were the #2 and 3 WRs respectively.

My point is that Higgins has earned the #3 role behind Hodge and will push him for the #2. Peeps will be the #4.

As for Hodge's low, 3-game, catch total... really just proves my other point that in our multi-TE-centric Offense the #3 (let alone the #4) WR sees little PT.

Higgins is #2 now.

He's replacing OBJ and he and Landry will be on the field the most.

Hodge and Peoples will be 3 & 4, what order that is remains to be seen, but as I have stated, Hodge is the better blocker and pick setter, but I think Peep earned some pt on Sunday, we're going to need playmakers and it looks like he can grow into a nice one.

Zombo

--It was 6-6 for Higgins, and it is 12-13 on the year. He starts now.

Told ya Higgie would push for the #2... ;)

Peeps size and speed... although not fast by NFL standards it would seem he is our fastest active WR (Taylor is, or was at one time, faster), so, yes, he may get shots. I just hope he doesn't become Benji predictable... in no small part because he does not have Benji speed.

58 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Smart kid wants to be an MD like his Dad. Former Jets punter Steve O'Neal holds the NFL all-time unbreakable net punt record of 98 yds, but completed dental school after football and still practices today in his early 70s.

5 hours ago, D Bone said:

I can't be the only one who sees the title of this thread and immediately thinks something else... 

Why not?

You freakin', SoCal, Vegan degenerate...

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Why not?

You freakin', SoCal, Vegan degenerate...

I'm out of thingies for the day, but you've got a well deserved big, hearty laughing dude coming your way tomorrow. 

On 10/27/2020 at 3:37 PM, Zombo said:

Relief on the way:

Stefanski: WR KhaDarel Hodge ready to resume practicing with Browns

Jeff Risdon
Browns WireTue, October 27, 2020, 6:29 AM EDT

Reinforcements should be on the way soon for the Cleveland Browns receiving corps. Wideout KhaDarel Hodge is set to begin practicing with the team this week and could be activated from injured reserve in time to play in the Week 8 matchup against the Las Vegas Raiders.

Browns head coach Kevin Stefanski said Hodge is ready to come back to practice after missing the last three games with a hamstring injury that led the team to place him on I.R. Stefanski seemed hopeful in his press conference Monday that Hodge, known for his blocking and special teams prowess, will be activated soon.

The Browns have a need with Odell Beckham Jr. going on I.R. after tearing his left ACL in Sunday’s win over the Bengals. Cleveland has a bye in Week 9 after hosting the Raiders on Sunday.

As expected, #Browns activated WR KhaDarel Hodge from injured reserve. Roster spot was open after Odell Beckham Jr. was placed on IR earlier in week.

Let the WR snap counting begin 🕵️‍♂️... Landry/Hodge/Higgins/DPJ/T.Taylor... Excited to watch Jarvis Landry bring this group together on gameday's.. Landry won't care what order they come in..Just bring your best game..

Edit-- Also saw they brought in Derrick Willies for a tryout this week.. Browns will need to drop a roster spot when adding LB Elijah Lee after covid testing..or maybe? LB Jacob Phillips goes to a 3 game IR? but, i thought the same when Greedy went down at camp 🤷‍♂️... Another roster spot will be needed to get Chubb back off IR after the Bye in week 9.. 🤞  let's beat these damm Raiders in Baker's House 🧔...   
  • Upvote 1