THE BROWNS BOARD

***Browns Vs Bengals OFFICIAL Gameday Thread***

Ibleedbrown

Well, that made for an entertaining game. I can't understand how a defense capable of forcing two turnovers on first half (INT, FF) then goes into butter-mode and let's a rookie QB have 5000 yards with a backup RB as his companion... Maybe it is what happens when you only have Garrett and Ward as good players (both part of those plays). 

But a win is a win. Baker came up big on second half, and we gotta give him credit for turning in around what seemd like an awful performance at first: from 0/5 INT to 20/20 5TD or something like that. I also have to say that probably Stefanski has something to do with changing the offensive gameplan on second half. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Remember reading a long time ago a Head coach earns his salary by his in game adjustments, guess he earned it today. 

Are there concerns with the team? Yes. It’s far from perfect  

But we are 5-2 and I swear this board was happier under Hue Jackson 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Mucho Grassy Ass Senior!

You could also cut me with a rusty knife and kill me with less pain... 

17 minutes ago, Icecube said:

The reality is, they aren't much better than Cinci, if we face the truth. But at 5-2, it's sure better than Hue Dickhole's 0-7 (leading to 0-16 or 1-15).

Wait.... what?

Didn't you go position by position within the the day to show how we were way better than Cinci?

baker bounced back for sure, he looks way better when he's not trying to force the ball to OBJ and once he got into a rhythm with short passes.  WTF is up with Sandejo?  All an opposing QB has to do is throw it to whoever he's covering for some easy yards.  Do the Browns seriously not have anyone better at safety?

anyway, the Browns seem to be a much improved team based on record, but they still fall apart when going up against winning NFL teams.  Still rebuilding...

Definitely need some help in the secondary (hasn't this been the case for years now?).

• Upvote 1

I'm glad we are done with the Bengals for 2020. They are only going to get better and will win some games by year's end in which we'd never have thought they'd be competitive as recently as this week.

• Burrow is honing his craft...
  • their WR corps is very, very good... and now it seems they have another TE or two.
  • Clearly they need Mixon, but Gio can still be that change of pace guy and sometime bell-cow.
  • OL is the O-side weakest link, but even with it getting weaker thru today's game their playcalling kept it from being a big negative.

And defensively while far from stout, they've got good team speed...

Tell ya one thing... if Dunlap really is on the outs with the staff as the announcers intimated, I'm chatting with their GM before I leave town this afternoon to get a sense of what it might take to line him up opposite MG.

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

I'm glad we are done with the Bengals for 2020. They are only going to get better and will win some games by year's end in which we'd never have thought they'd be competitive as recently as this week.

• their WR corps is very, very good... and now it seems they have another TE or two.
  • Clearly they need Mixon, but Gio can still be that change of pace guy and sometime bell-cow.
  • OL is the O-side weakest link, but even with it getting weaker thru today's game their playcalling kept it from being a big negative.

Tell ya one thing... if Dunlap really is on the outs with the staff as the announcers intimated, I'm chatting with their GM before I leave town this afternoon to get a sense of what it might take to line him up opposite MG.

Give them OBJ.. We don't need him...

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Wait.... what?

Didn't you go position by position within the the day to show how we were way better than Cinci?

Only on paper or online.

3 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

:blink: You must be thinking of a different Dunlap...

Thank you for the updated message in the tavern.  I don't think it necessarily stopped everyone but it was better.  Also yeah I don't get the obj hate.  We aren't going to be trade him for much at this point as that left knee injury looked bad.  

Two things which I thought. Baker sure looked better with OBJ not in the lineup. It will be interesting to see how Baker does the next few games (or longer) if OBJ's injury is serious like they think it is,

Second, I thought Joe Woods called a horrible game. It was obvious that Cinci had the Browns' number in regards to how much we were blitzing, but Joe never altered his strategy. If you are facing a rookie Qb it seems that there are two ways to face him- either bring the blitz or disguise the back 7's alignment. I didn't see us disguising our coverage much at all. We kept blitzing and we kept getting burnt by it. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Barry said:

Two things which I thought. Baker sure looked better with OBJ not in the lineup. It will be interesting to see how Baker does the next few games (or longer) if OBJ's injury is serious like they think it is,

Second, I thought Joe Woods called a horrible game. It was obvious that Cinci had the Browns' number in regards to how much we were blitzing, but Joe never altered his strategy. If you are facing a rookie Qb it seems that there are two ways to face him- either bring the blitz or disguise the back 7's alignment. I didn't see us disguising our coverage much at all. We kept blitzing and we kept getting burnt by it. 

I'm not sure you realize what we have to work with.  Like Nero said, we only have Ward and Garrett on the D.  Perhaps a few others and a few 2nd year players that will improve.  But right now, our D sucks.  Doesn't matter who's coaching.

42 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Apparently Dunlap’s house is for sale...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dknation.draftkings.com/platform/amp/nfl/2020/10/25/21533440/carlos-dunlap-twitter-house-for-sale-bengals-loss-browns-posting-defensive-substitions-trade-release

42 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

1 hour ago, Icecube said:

The reality is, they aren't much better than Cinci, if we face the truth. But at 5-2, it's sure better than Hue Dickhole's 0-7 (leading to 0-16 or 1-15).

Um, most of the time, one or two plays are the difference between winning an losing in the NFL. The Browns made huge plays at the end to win. We may not be a dominant team, but we're good enough now to make a playoff run. 

• Upvote 1