THE BROWNS BOARD

OBJ takes shoes off during game

Icecube

https://brobible.com/sports/article/odel-beckham-jr-cleats-fans/

Yea, yea, yea. 

Some will say "This isn't a big deal" - just like all his other antics when looked at in singularity. 

And maybe it isn't....in itself. But I can't help but thinking this is more of the same; more things that are not congruent with winning teams. Did the Browns lose because OBJ took his shoes off? Of course not. But it is more behavior that showcases immaturity and lack of control, traits which do not lead to a contending team, in the long run. 

Do you think coach Stef was happy with OBJ taking his shoes off with 8 minutes left in the game and talking smack with fans? I kind of doubt it. 

1 hour ago, Icecube said:

https://brobible.com/sports/article/odel-beckham-jr-cleats-fans/

Yea, yea, yea. 

Some will say "This isn't a big deal" - just like all his other antics when looked at in singularity. 

And maybe it isn't....in itself. But I can't help but thinking this is more of the same; more things that are not congruent with winning teams. Did the Browns lose because OBJ took his shoes off? Of course not. But it is more behavior that showcases immaturity and lack of control, traits which do not lead to a contending team, in the long run. 

Do you think coach Stef was happy with OBJ taking his shoes off with 8 minutes left in the game and talking smack with fans? I kind of doubt it. 

Coaches weren't going to put him back in with 8 minutes to go in a blowout.

File this under what Symp said - who gives a shit?   And if you do, then you need to find some other things to fill out your life.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Bingo...

Starters... at least at the skill positions... had already been told their day was done = no big deal.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

File this under what Symp said - who gives a shit?   And if you do, then you need to find some other things to fill out your life.

It's not one event, it's the childish string of immature acts that's worth considering. Wait and see: Browns will ditch him next year for his immaturity. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Maybe now is not the time to give a shit, but to my recollection a squeeler WR by the name of Antonio Brown started out pretty much the same way with his little sideline tantrums, only to get progressively worse.

Lets just hope OBJ never gets to that point.

27 minutes ago, Icecube said:

It's not one event, it's the childish string of immature acts that's worth considering. Wait and see: Browns will ditch him next year for his immaturity. 

The problem is who do you get to fill the void he will leave? If your going to move him then you move him NOW, not when he has nothing left. And if you move him now, who do you get to replace him? If you want draft picks then I would do nothing short of a high first round pick. It is going to be difficult moving him.

Q: What do OBJ and CoVid-19 have in common?

A: Eventually they will both simply disappear.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Neo said:

The problem is who do you get to fill the void he will leave? If your going to move him then you move him NOW, not when he has nothing left. And if you move him now, who do you get to replace him? If you want draft picks then I would do nothing short of a high first round pick. It is going to be difficult moving him.

Well, I'm not saying there are decent options to move him now - never suggested that. But, he didn't just take his shoes off, he went on to scream and trash talk Steeler fans. Why? SMH 

6 hours ago, Icecube said:

Well, I'm not saying there are decent options to move him now - never suggested that. But, he didn't just take his shoes off, he went on to scream and trash talk Steeler fans. Why? SMH 

OBJ is a douche nozzle... The sooner we rid ourselves of his selfish behaviour.. The better off the team will be.. He's an immature dweeb who simply can;t grow up like his butt lover Landry..

• Upvote 2

Well at least the LSU debacle is over, 2 year ban from the program.  

I’ve said from day 1, if the team is going along well and he’s involved in the offense, you can deal with his nonsense.  If things are going poorly or he isn’t being utilized the way he wants, he’s a problem.

Question is who are the Browns.  My answer to this point, a team that will beat most of the bottom feeders they play, could beat wildcard caliber teams and will get smoked playing contenders.  We will see how that works in OBJ’s world.

• Upvote 1

FWIW from Terry Pluto........

6. Stefanski already is without star running back Nick Chubb (knee injury) and emerging star right guard Wyatt Teller (calf injury). Kareem Hunt was playing with sore ribs. Several players on defense are hurt. He didn’t need anyone else injured.

7. I also wonder if Beckham was upset because he was targeted only four times. He caught two for 25 yards. Talented receivers believe their team would have a better chance to win if they get the ball more often. There is some truth to that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So move on time ?

Fresh off the sports talk shows today, OBJ was the top story on "Undisputed, with Skip and Shannon."

Apparently OBJ made a statement comparing himself to the GOAT, Tom Brady. He said white guys can freak out and people will say it's just a sign of being a leader. If OBJ does the  same thing, he is vilified. Then Skip just destroyed him, saying OBJ throws tantrums in a childish way for selfish reasons and doesn't really care about the team. Brady does it to get the team in line. 

OBJ has a long line of examples of acting like a total baby. Not good for team unity at all. And his 2 catches for 25 yards surely doesn't make up for it. 

Oh, and the LSU thing came up. Wow, what horrid judgement. WTF is wrong with him?

35 minutes ago, Icecube said:

Fresh off the sports talk shows today, OBJ was the top story on "Undisputed, with Skip and Shannon."

Apparently OBJ made a statement comparing himself to the GOAT, Tom Brady. He said white guys can freak out and people will say it's just a sign of being a leader. If OBJ does the  same thing, he is vilified. Then Skip just destroyed him, saying OBJ throws tantrums in a childish way for selfish reasons and doesn't really care about the team. Brady does it to get the team in line. 

OBJ has a long line of examples of acting like a total baby. Not good for team unity at all. And his 2 catches for 25 yards surely doesn't make up for it. 

Oh, and the LSU thing came up. Wow, what horrid judgement. WTF is wrong with him?

He's a DUPA!... That's what's wrong with him..

17 minutes ago, Icecube said:

And then he came out and said the stuff about covid....wow, just wow. 

He's another in the line of ass hats who think they are bigger than the game... What they don't realize is 10-15 years from now.. no one will give a fuck,,,

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nickers said:

He's another in the line of ass hats who think they are bigger than the game... What they don't realize is 10-15 years from now.. no one will give a fuck,,,

He's dangerously close to no one giving an F right now. He keeps up with 2 grabs for 25 yards, he will be forgotten sooner than later. 

Does he have any clue to how offensive saying "Covid can't touch me, we have an understanding" to those who lost loved ones to Covid? He isn't 10 years old why is he so childish? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Icecube said:

He's dangerously close to no one giving an F right now. He keeps up with 2 grabs for 25 yards, he will be forgotten sooner than later. 

Does he have any clue to how offensive saying "Covid can't touch me, we have an understanding" to those who lost loved ones to Covid? He isn't 10 years old why is he so childish? 

Must be the shit ass blount he's puffin..... Most street weed in the black community is laced with other additives that fry your brain.. And does other bad things to you.. The weed I get is clean and not stepped on... But all the same.. I just think he's a dumb , immature idiot who just happens to be able to catch a fucking football.. Nothing important like curing cancer...

On 10/21/2020 at 5:30 PM, Tour2ma said:

Bingo...

Starters... at least at the skill positions... had already been told their day was done = no big deal.

Yea, another childish act that is no big deal. How about screaming at Steeler fans during a game where his team is being demolished? Yea, real smart. If a Pop Warner player did that it would be considered childish and immature. Think about that. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/21/2020 at 5:20 PM, tiamat63 said:

12 hours ago, nickers said:

OBJ is a douche nozzle... The sooner we rid ourselves of his selfish behaviour.. The better off the team will be.. He's an immature dweeb who simply can;t grow up like his butt lover Landry..

But how do you replace his value??? He does make plays, he's still in his prime, HOW DO YOU REPLACE THAT? As I said, I would expect nothing short of a top 10 or maybe top 5 draft pick for him considering how devoid of play makers this team has been in recent years. How do you justify getting rid of a play maker in his prime just because you don't like his attitude? Correct me if I'm wrong, I thought Browns fan WANTED to win?

1 hour ago, Neo said:

But how do you replace his value??? He does make plays, he's still in his prime, HOW DO YOU REPLACE THAT? As I said, I would expect nothing short of a top 10 or maybe top 5 draft pick for him considering how devoid of play makers this team has been in recent years. How do you justify getting rid of a play maker in his prime just because you don't like his attitude? Correct me if I'm wrong, I thought Browns fan WANTED to win?

Draft my son... Draft...

2 hours ago, Neo said:

Not one receiver in the league would command that in a trade. 

Here are some notable trades for top receivers

Hopkins: 2nd and 4th and David Johnson 

Diggs:.Vikings did get a 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, but that 1st was #22

OBJ: 17th, 3rd and Peppers.

Cooper: 27th overall 

Cooks: 23rd (Pat's to Rams), and 32nd (NO to NE)

Harvin: 24th, 3rd, 7th

Moss: 7th overall and 7th round (Min to Oak, 4th round pick (Oak to NE)

Antonio Brown: 3rd and 5th round picks.

And with all these complaints about his attitude/behavior/etc., the value would be looked at around Moss to NE and Brown.

And here is the list of WR drafted in Top 10 last decade.

2010: 0

2011: AJ Green, Julio Jones

2012: Justin Blackmon

2013: Tavon Austin 

2014: Sammy Watkins, Mike Evans

2015: Amari Cooper and Kevin White

2016: 0

2017: Corey Davis, Mike Williams, John Ross

2018: 0

2019: 0

2010: 0

I don't want the Browns to get rid of any of them. Take out Hooper and rookies, ALL of these guys have dealt with AT LEAST 1 coaching/system change. 

And for what ever reason it seems we have posters who ONLY want to rip this player or thst player. Maybe we should give them all ONE season to see what they can do together 

4 hours ago, Neo said:

But how do you replace his value??? He does make plays, he's still in his prime, HOW DO YOU REPLACE THAT?

People who complain about OBJ both don't understand what threat he causes a defense to account for and get their pleasure only out of the complaint.  It's pure sharpshooting.. they're not interested in a solution, they just want to throw out problems. 

It's also narcissism - the tough work of actually coming up with and executing a solution is for "someone beneath them."

• Thanks 1