THE BROWNS BOARD

Week 7: Browns (4-2) @ Bengals (1-4-1)... The 2020 Battle of Ohio, Part Deaux Thread

BrownsfaninPa

That is indeed a big deal a game changer for a rookie quarterback.

Mixon is a good RB and Cincinnati will miss him.

GO BROWNS, 5-2 would be nice going into the Raiders at home next week !

As much as I love my Browns, I think we played the 4 easiest games of the season.  At first I though the Steelers played their easiest games as well until we played them.  As it appears, their games were much tougher than ours.  I'm really worried for the rest of our schedule.  I realistically see about 2-3 more game that we can win for certain.  A couple that can be tossups.  If we do make the playoffs this year, we will be a very early exit (which I don't see).  This is not a reflection on Kevin Stefanski because our D can't stop anyone.  But he need to show he can handle teams like Pittsburg and Baltimore.  Even with our D, perhaps he can mix things up a bit.  I don't expect to win the games, but at least make it somewhat close.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dawg2fan said:

I realistically see about 2-3 more game that we can win for certain

That's true. Unless you're a top tier team, you don't get to "count victories". We aren't there yet, and that's OK. People aren't looking at the progress we made. "But Jiggins, what progress are you talking about?!" I'm so glad you asked! 

Do you guys remember during the past few years (decades?) how often we were ONE play away from a victory? One stop away from winning? One game-clinching, salt away the clock drive to preserve the win? How many times?! Well...we've DONE that shit this year. THAT'S progress. 

Does it mean we're going to win every game we're supposed to? Nope. We could easily lose today, just like we could have lost any of the other wins we've had. We still don't have a large margin for error. But that's OK! We're not playing the Steelers today. We're going to have time to throw. We're going to have a few lanes to run. It's not going to be EASY or anything but it's going to look a lot different today. Uncle Jiggins is 5-1 on the season, and I'm not looking to be wrong today. Here are your stats for the day:

Kareem Hunt, 20 carries for 130 yards 2 TDs. 6 receptions for 65 yards, 1 TD. 

Baker Mayfield, 17-27 for 230 yards, 2 TDs, no picks. Special bonus...a rushing TD. 

OBJ, 7 receptions for 93 yards and 1 TD. 2 rushes for 50 yards. 

Browns - 38

Bengals - 24

And so it was written, and so it will be done.