THE BROWNS BOARD

Week 7: Browns (4-2) @ Bengals (1-4-1)... The 2020 Battle of Ohio, Part Deaux Thread

BrownsfaninPa

It's that classic match up once again of the right to say we are the better team than our cross state rivals. Between the Browns and the Bengals it's always a toss up on who will get a victory when these teams meet. I have always like this state and divisional rival. Cleveland from the north, and Cincinnati from the south. Dawgs vs Cats. Good old classic football. Time for a win Browns.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BrownsfaninPa said:

It's that classic match up once again of the right to say we are the better team than our cross state rivals. Between the Browns and the Bengals it's always a toss up on who will get a victory when these teams meet. I have always like this state and divisional rival. Cleveland from the north, and Cincinnati from the south. Dawgs vs Cats. Good old classic football. Time for a win Browns.

Green and Boyd come alive in our anemic back 4.

Our first AFCN rematch...

How much has Cinci improved? How much have we?

Will we be closer to full strength? At the least our initial injury report looks "hopeful"...

image.png.a7217a8e6ee4572fe21a976047c402ea.png

... as does CIN's excepting Mixon.

image.png.3f41c63a12923fe8cfe2d7b755267b4c.png

And the Tuesday lines Cleveland is a 3.5 to 3 point road favorite at Cincinnati.  For all your WEEK 7 lines see....  https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

Screenshot_2020-10-20_204914.jpg

2 hours ago, hx214 said:

Chubb isn’t expected back until week 14? I thought I read his was expected back after the bye week?

3 to 6 weeks was the official timing I heard initially... and I've heard nothing different.

I believe since his IR designation includes a return, he has to return by Week 14 or not at all this season.

You hate to see every game become a must win games but beating Cincinnati sure would be nice and be at 5-2 before welcoming in the Raiders into Cleveland.

Oct 25 @ Cincinnati Bengals       1:00 PM    
Nov 1 Las Vegas Raiders       1:00 PM    
Nov 15 Houston Texans       1:00 PM    
Nov 22 Philadelphia Eagles       1:00 PM    
Nov 29 @ Jacksonville Jaguars       1:00 PM    
Dec 6 @ Tennessee Titans       1:00 PM    
Dec 14 Baltimore Ravens       8:15 PM    
Dec 20 @ New York Giants       1:00 PM    
Dec 27 @ New York Jets       1:00 AM    
Jan 3 Pittsburgh Steelers       1:00 PM    

39 minutes ago, Gorka said:

I don't want a "good game". I want to relax and enjoy a blowout.

Unfortunately I feel this one going down to the wire. A nail biter.

Gorka...I fear that you totally crushed it. I would love nothing more than to watch us absolutely beat the monkey snot out of the Bengals, but this is going to be a battle royale. I wouldn't be surprised if we got down early and then stormed back. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Gorka...I fear that you totally crushed it. I would love nothing more than to watch us absolutely beat the monkey snot out of the Bengals, but this is going to be a battle royale. I wouldn't be surprised if we got down early and then stormed back. 

We're going to stomp the Bengals.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

There's a part of me that agrees. I can totally envision a scenario where we lay the WOOD to Cincy. Burrow is a rookie, time to beat him down like a clown. He's good, he's going to get better...and yes...I'm completely jealous that Cincy drafted my favorite QB prospect since Andrew Luck, but hey...for now...he's a rookie. Pulverize him. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

First practice report... ours looks much as it did last week.

image.thumb.png.161d847b2e4ee02c115ea472b77718c6.png

I'd have to disagree early T. Were starting off better than last week's "0n the practice field".... Ogun & Vernon don't show-up at all on the list.. Ronnie Harrison & Joseph at least practicing is a good sign..How bad is Sendejo's shin? More reps for Ronnie Harrison at FS, please! We swap Tae Davis back in for J.Phillips, whom both were out last week...Hoping to see Wyatt Teller taking some reps next week 🤞.... from cbs, 2 hours ago, Stump say Nick Chubb is on track https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/browns-nick-chubb-recovery-progressing-on-track/  imho, that dawg ain't waiting until mid Nov....

20 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

I'd have to disagree early T. Were starting off better than last week's "0n the practice field".... Ogun & Vernon don't show-up at all on the list.. Ronnie Harrison & Joseph at least practicing is a good sign..How bad is Sendejo's shin? More reps for Ronnie Harrison at FS, please! We swap Tae Davis back in for J.Phillips, whom both were out last week...Hoping to see Wyatt Teller taking some reps next week 🤞.... from cbs, 2 hours ago, Stump say Nick Chubb is on track https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/browns-nick-chubb-recovery-progressing-on-track/  imho, that dawg ain't waiting until mid Nov....

I expect most will play.. We should come out fired up and angry...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nickers said:

expect most will play.. We should come out fired up and angry..

Teller still out for now. I honestly haven't seen a calf strain take longer than a couple weeks, but whatever. Hubbard will get his ass blown apart by Geno Atkins. We SHOULD be able to run the ball effectively, and that's going to save our asses. 

12 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Today's report...

Hooper's OUT... appendix.

image.png.fbef103cf05ff96399580d6e21984a3b.png

Getting concerned about Teller. I haven't had a calf strain that lasted much longer than 3 weeks, and I had some bad ones during bball days. 

10 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Getting concerned about Teller. I haven't had a calf strain that lasted much longer than 3 weeks, and I had some bad ones during bball days. 

How bad could this be? Was it the hat throw that did him in?🤠

On 10/21/2020 at 9:52 PM, stillmotion said:

Looking at both teams' roster, Browns should win this in a blow out. By 20 or more. I'm thinking 34-10 or so. I know, any given Sunday and all that, but this team handled a decent Colts team with relative ease. Then they ran into a buzzsaw in Pitt, but Cinci ain't no Pitt. 

8 hours ago, Icecube said:

Looking at both teams' roster, Browns should win this in a blow out. By 20 or more. I'm thinking 34-10 or so. I know, any given Sunday and all that, but this team handled a decent Colts team with relative ease. Then they ran into a buzzsaw in Pitt, but Cinci ain't no Pitt. 

Burrow hasn’t thrown a TD in two games but the Browns secondary could be the cure for that... just hope they come out pissed off and rip off a bunch of points early and take them out if the game early.... don’t need a close game...

On 10/23/2020 at 2:13 PM, TexasAg1969 said:

Joe Mixon is ruled OUT for the game.

That's actually pretty huge, Texas. He's been a substantial thorn in our side lots of times and just having him out completely changes their offensive strategy. They don't have a Kareem Hunt on their roster, and Bernard can do only so much. 

Cincy was up 24-0 against the Colts last week and they lost. That almost NEVER happens in the NFL and the biggest reason Cincy lost is because Mixon hurt his foot around half time and it totally changed the game. They couldn't run the ball any more and Indy makes it very hard to pass because they have a solid front 4 and they don't blitz. 

We have a solid front 4 and we don't blitz. We also have our nickel stud back, Kevin Johnson. That will change EVERYTHING. Remember them picking on Tavierre Thomas literally every 3rd down? They were something like 10-11 targeting him for 8 first downs. That's just dumb. Lol. 

Oh yeah, get ready for more deep shots today. We actually had OBJ in single coverage multiple times down the field but we literally didn't have time to even THINK about throwing it. I can guarantee they saw the tape, saw the opportunities, and every effort will be made to take chances down the damn field. Even if it's not complete, you get a chance for a giant penalty, and you also keep the defense honest. Right now defenses are cheating up and compressing the field too much. Spread that shit out. 

• Thanks 1