THE BROWNS BOARD

Pitiful in pittsburgh

BrownsfaninPa

Well another high hoped win gone down the drain. Why is it that this Browns team always has terrible luck when playing the Steelers? Its just amazing how many times this team has lost over and over to the Steelers and it just never fails. Are we cursed ?

2 hours ago, BrownsfaninPa said:

Why is it that this Browns team always has terrible luck when playing the Steelers?

Simple...

While we have hoped for luck, the Steelers org have been making their own for decades.

That said, I do believe we are changing. It's a trajectory I can still see even thru yesterday's disappointment.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Simple...

While we have hoped for luck, the Steelers org have been making their own for decades.

That said, I do believe we are changing. It's a trajectory I can still see even thru yesterday's disappointment.

the steelers don't toatally depend on luck....they depend on fundametals.....solid physical ol and dl play......good scouting by theri gm to get players like carpool...or whatever his name is....the guy is a beast....i don't see much change on the browns...they still don't hit hard aside from a play or two....they have cut down on the penalties...that is one good thing.....they are just not a physical team.....that is why they get smashed by the steelers and ravens....and, and they have a very mediocre to below mediocre qb....that combo of soft play and no qb will result in disaster in this division....sorry, i just don't see much change.....

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Bingo.

Sure, yesterday sucked. Losing constantly to Pittsburgh really really sucks. 

The Browns are whittled down to practice squad guys in the secondary. Chubb & Ogunjobi were out, Landry & Baker weren't healthy- hopefully they'll be ok this week and the week after (before the BYE). 

There's definitely a ways to go to catch our division rivals. BUT, how many of us thought they'd be 4-2 at this point? Look at the positives folks.

In a Belichick voice..."on to Cincinnati." It's not a gimmie game, I'm sure the players & coaches know this. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Bingo.

Sure, yesterday sucked. Losing constantly to Pittsburgh really really sucks. 

The Browns are whittled down to practice squad guys in the secondary. Chubb & Ogunjobi were out, Landry & Baker weren't healthy- hopefully they'll be ok this week and the week after (before the BYE). 

There's definitely a ways to go to catch our division rivals. BUT, how many of us thought they'd be 4-2 at this point? Look at the positives folks.

In a Belichick voice..."on to Cincinnati." It's not a gimmie game, I'm sure the players & coaches know this. 

Good points Bob!   Tour's made some really good points as well.  

There was high hope for LSU Safety and 2nd round pick Grant Delpit who blew out his achilles at the beginning of training camp. IHe won the Thorpe Award as the Nation's best Defensive Back for his elite coverage skills.  We also added FA Safety Karl Joseph (who missed the game).  We also  traded for Jax's leading tackler from 2019 ( Safety - Ronnie Harrison Jr). He just started clicking with a pick 6 vrs Indy (and he missed the Pitt game too). 

There's 3 Safeties our FO planned to upgrade last year's Safeties with.  And when those guys get hurt - guess what that does to a team trying to overcome 6 wins from the previous year? It left us counting on guys like Andrew Sendejo and Sheldrick Redwine.  

These aren't excuse - they're realities that we're not going to beat a team like Pittsburgh with unless we show up healthier to the matchup.  

Pittsburgh never has to play gridiron chess exclusively with pawns like we've had to over the year.

I look at this we have today, and I see so many more areas of strength than I did last year.  That's how this team was finally able to string together 4 wins in a row for the 1st time since we had a coaching staff inclusive of guys like Bill Belichick, Nick Saban and Kirk Ferentz.  FWIW, that group was 0-3 vrs Pittsburgh despite the 11-5 record plus a playoff W over NE.

When you watch this team try to assess them with where they are at today.  Making strides with room for improvement.  Fortunately, we're going to start to get some guys back healthy within the next few weeks.  

I'm having fun watching this team play this year; and I'm hoping like Hell that continues...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2