THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker Mayfield

TypicalBrowns50

5 hours ago, Icecube said:

Burrow is still a rookie, regardless of his future potential. Browns should win with ease, by 20 or more. 

They've been scrappy! I'd expect a war. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, nickers said:

Based on what?... Look how long it took Steve Young to get his career on track.. Someone mentioned Jim Plunkett..... Please tell me how great SB winning QB Trent Dilfer was... You are all high!.. It's not like we're going to the SB this year.. Relax!

It was I who mentioned Plunket. He had 7 nothing years with NE and SF, then went to the Raiders and had 4 playoff years and won rings. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PlunJi00.htm

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Icecube said:

Browns are more talented at almost every position, and they have a rookie QB. 

Browns better OL, WRs close, RBs Clev, TEs Cle, DL Cle, LBs Cinci, DBs not sure. QB?

Yeah, you're not wrong. We are better at most positions but Cincy has been flirting with some upsets lately and were up 21-0 on the Colts before choking. They're going to come out absolutely on fire so it's important we withstand that surge. If we do, they'll deflate and we'll have their asses. No Mixon is HUGE and they are also missing their top DB. 

Bring it. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, browns52 said:

that means they  will lose.....cincy 27....cle17

I'd be EXTREMELY shocked if we only scored 17 or less. 

On 10/18/2020 at 1:45 PM, TexasAg1969 said:

I was saying we were getting JFF II without the drugs/alcohol. Baker can't read defenses.

will he last the entire game ? I mean one solid hit and he could be gone and then on to keenum time

This game is a great example of why Baker is such a frustrating player to watch. One minute he's making head-scratching throws and horrible picks. The next play, he's threading the needle on some laser passes for huge yards. 

I honestly don't know what to make of him at this point.

6 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

This game is a great example of why Baker is such a frustrating player to watch. One minute he's making head-scratching throws and horrible picks. The next play, he's threading the needle on some laser passes for huge yards. 

I honestly don't know what to make of him at this point.

Rex Grossman.

47 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

I'm actually pretty impressed by how Joe Burrow is doing with the Bengals this year. He's getting the most out of a limited team.

Imagine where the Browns would be with a QB like Burrow under center.

I’ve been of fan of Burrow’s since I saw him in his H.S. Championship Game toss 6 TD passes.

I was elated when he went to Ohio State, then deflated when they kept him on the bench.

• Upvote 1

Welp, if you can't pressure Baker Mayfield and you can't cover at the intermediate level, Baker proved that he can still torch you. I mean, he got red hot. I even made a comment on the chat like, "Wow, Baker can't complete a single pass and he's 0-5 with a pick." After that comment, he decided to go full scrotum on people. Unbelievable performance, and hopefully people like Mary Kay will eat a bag of dicks and leave him alone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I had trouble today deciding which of Baker's 5 TD passes sucked the hardest...

... still haven't been able to decide.

Like which is worse 5-2 or 5-2. ?    :lol:

If the season ended today they'd be in the playoffs......but it doesn't end today.  :huh:

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

Welp, if you can't pressure Baker Mayfield and you can't cover at the intermediate level, Baker proved that he can still torch you. I mean, he got red hot. I even made a comment on the chat like, "Wow, Baker can't complete a single pass and he's 0-5 with a pick." After that comment, he decided to go full scrotum on people. Unbelievable performance, and hopefully people like Mary Kay will eat a bag of dicks and leave him alone. 

He had a helluva game, especially after a shaky start.

Today's game kind of reminded me of the 2007 shootout between Derek Anderson and Carson Palmer

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Neo said:

Good performance from Baker, but I would take it with a grain of salt. He wasn't under pressure all day. And even right at the end when Cincy brought pressure I thought he was going to shit the bed. 

I'll just tell it like it is.. he carried the team on his shoulders today... He was BIG TIME!

4 minutes ago, Neo said:

Good performance from Baker, but I would take it with a grain of salt. He wasn't under pressure all day. And even right at the end when Cincy brought pressure I thought he was going to shit the bed. 

The Bengals are the equivalent to Baker getting the University of Kansas on the schedule at just the perfect time.

But the thing is, the schedule is the schedule. He played great today vs who was on the schedule. 

He needs to be given the rest of the season, and then the coaching staff can really evaluate what they have in him. 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Today's game kind of reminded me of the 2007 shootout between Derek Anderson and Carson Palmer

Yessssssss! Do you also remember the Kelly Holcomb shootout against the Bengals?

Just now, jiggins7919 said:

Yessssssss! Do you also remember the Kelly Holcomb shootout against the Bengals?

Honestly, I don't. My memories of Holcomb seem to be pretty much that great playoff game he had vs the Steelers and Butch Davis telling the media that Holcomb had a "teensy weensy broken leg". 

• Like 1

Bungles have the 4th worst passD. Browns have the second worst pass D in the league. 

Calling Sendejo a "professional athlete" is pushing it.  I'm sure Bungles have a couple of those too. 

Is Dunlap available for the cost of a 3-hour Lyft ride north?

OTOH: Perhaps Mayfield in the shotgun is worth continuing.. The square peg goes in the square hole..

1 minute ago, Unsympathetic said:

Bungles have the 4th worst passD. Browns have the second worst pass D in the league. 

Calling Sendejo a "professional athlete" is pushing it.  I'm sure Bungles have a couple of those too. 

Is Dunlap available for the cost of a 3-hour Lyft ride north?

I call him "Pendejo" It fits...