THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker Mayfield

TypicalBrowns50

35 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

Baker needs a good game this week. Big opportunity to bounce back. Pass rush of Cincy won’t be nearly as good as Pitts was

If they don't win by 20, then there is reason for concern. They should blow the Bungs out, 34-10 or something like that. Cinci didn't get the 1st pick overall in the draft because they are good. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/21/2020 at 1:12 PM, Gunz41 said:

You can't believe this can you? Let's go through the 22.

QB: Not even a discussion, BR WAY over BM

RB: Hunt/Chubb over Conner

WR1: OBJ over JuJu

WR2: Landry over Washington 

WR3: Claypool over Higgins

TE: Hooper by a bit

LT: Villanueva over Wills

LG: Bitonio over Feller

C- Pouncey over Trotter

RG: Decastro over Teller

RT: Conklin over Okorafor

Offense: Cleveland 6 Pittsburgh 5

DE: Garrett over Twitter

DT: Heyward over Ogunjobi

NT/DT/DE: Alualu over Richardson/Vernon 

OLB: Watt WAY over Wilson

ILB: Bush WAY over Goodson

ILB: Williams over Phillips

OLB: Dupree WAY over Takitaki/Smith

CB: Ward over Haden

CB: Nelson over Mitchell 

FS: Fitzpatrick WAY over Sendejo

SS: Edmunds WAY over Joseph

Defense: Pittsburgh 9 Cleveland 2

Total: Pittsburgh 14 Cleveland 8

Baker was terrible, but to think that the teams up and down the roster are even is when you get unreachable expectations.

While unlikely, if the Browns are fully healthy and play a very good game with the right game plan they can beat Pittsburgh. But they are a bad match up for Browns anytime they play. They have an above average Offense (while the Browns have a below average defense at best) and they have probably the best defense in the NFL and the Browns have a very good explosive offense (especially with Chubb and IF Baker is having a good day). But they DON'T have the NFL best offense 

DeCastro over Teller is a joke Dude... LOL!

28 minutes ago, nickers said:

DeCastro over Teller is a joke Dude... LOL!

Teller has played extremely well this year, but at the start of the year his position was the ONLY question mark on the offense.

And this isn't a ranking on just the games played so far this season, as a number of factors can go into a good/bad start.

Now if you want to do on just this year based on stats, etc. then Conner would be ranked ahead of Chubb and Claypool over both OBJ and Landry.

Or we can go on a broader spectrum: Keelan Cole and Cole Beasley are better than Mike Evans and Julio Jones, Kenyan Drake and Miles Sanders are better than Zeke, Aaron Jones, and Josh Jacobs. Or QB, Minshew is better than Burrow, Brady, Wilson, Rodgers, etc. 

But sure, lets just go ahead and agree with you on this one for argument sake. 13-9

19 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

Teller played as the best graded guard in the game Before he got hurt, for what it’s worth. But yes he’s young and hasn’t had a proven career like Decastro

DeCastro is certainly talented.. But I'm not putting him in the HOF just yet... I think Teller has way more upside

9 hours ago, mjp28 said:

They say he had sore ribs and whatever......but what about the offensive letdown last year.......with the defensive problems to be fair.

Do the BROWNS try to hang on to the same coaching carrosel currently in place for a few years to see what happens ?

Unfortunately the BROWNS currently aren't in the NFCE right now and their division might be tough for a few years to come. But maybe a 5-2 record will cheer everyone up !

........ don't even think about 20 more years of futility. :huh:

I honestly think our coaching staff is top notch. The Teller injury is huge and I don't like not having a better backup RG. Hubbard is a terrific teammate and person, but he's a better Tackle than guard. He can pass block, can't run block. 

Remember getting our asses blown apart against Baltimore? Then looking great against Cincy? Yeah, we've got Cincy again but this time we have our stud nickel back (Kevin Johnson) instead of poor Tavierre Thomas. We've also got Karl Joseph AND Ronnie Harrison back. Our defense will be so much better Sunday, trust me. 

Are we perfect? No. We miss Chubb. We'll miss Hooper (Wtf?!) and we'll certainly miss Teller. But you know what? It's Kareem Hunt time. He'll have 3 total tds and well over 150 total yards. Trust me, he'll blow up. 

11 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I honestly think our coaching staff is top notch. The Teller injury is huge and I don't like not having a better backup RG. Hubbard is a terrific teammate and person, but he's a better Tackle than guard. He can pass block, can't run block. 

Remember getting our asses blown apart against Baltimore? Then looking great against Cincy? Yeah, we've got Cincy again but this time we have our stud nickel back (Kevin Johnson) instead of poor Tavierre Thomas. We've also got Karl Joseph AND Ronnie Harrison back. Our defense will be so much better Sunday, trust me. 

Are we perfect? No. We miss Chubb. We'll miss Hooper (Wtf?!) and we'll certainly miss Teller. But you know what? It's Kareem Hunt time. He'll have 3 total tds and well over 150 total yards. Trust me, he'll blow up. 

The rook TE looks very promising though...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

Teller played as the best graded guard in the game Before he got hurt, for what it’s worth. But yes he’s young and hasn’t had a proven career like Decastro

That was the exact point I was making. I know he was rated at the best, and he very well may end up being better in the long run.

1 hour ago, nickers said:

DeCastro is certainly talented.. But I'm not putting him in the HOF just yet... I think Teller has way more upside

Well 1st nobody said he was a HOF player, and nobody said anything about upside, but you did say it was joke to rank DD over WT based on something? So are you of the opinion that what Teller has done in his 5 games this year has given him the huge jump to surpass him? Because based off of last season, Teller was rated at 56.8 grade, while Decastro was a pro bowler. And heading into the season, Decastro was rated as the 5th best interior OL in the entire league. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, nickers said:

The rook TE looks very promising though...

He's an actual stud, but we're not going to see him make any noise until Baker gets his middle of the field mojo back. 

Look for that to happen Sunday. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gunz41 said:

That was the exact point I was making. I know he was rated at the best, and he very well may end up being better in the long run.

Well 1st nobody said he was a HOF player, and nobody said anything about upside, but you did say it was joke to rank DD over WT based on something? So are you of the opinion that what Teller has done in his 5 games this year has given him the huge jump to surpass him? Because based off of last season, Teller was rated at 56.8 grade, while Decastro was a pro bowler. And heading into the season, Decastro was rated as the 5th best interior OL in the entire league. 

Hey why not... There are people out there who think Burrow is better than Baker and he's only played 6 fucking games...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, nickers said:

Hey why not... There are people out there who think Burrow is better than Baker and he's only played 6 fucking games...

Well there is a difference, i.e. Baker isn't considered at the top of his position.

But its not so much of thinking Teller will be better. Its the fact you actually tried to make it look as if it was so bad of a take. 

The way this reads, since there is no conceivable way you have based this off anything aside from the 1st 5 games this year, then Teller is the best OL in the league (since that is what his grade would tell you). And I hate to tell you this, but since you alluded to it here, Burrow would then be better than Baker by that same metric.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, nickers said:

Hey why not... There are people out there who think Burrow is better than Baker and he's only played 6 fucking games..

Yeah, that's not entirely fair. What Burrow is doing is dominating the 10-19 yard range, which is something that Baker ISN'T doing. Burrow is 1 of his last 28 on passes longer than 20 yards (per Browns Daily) and he's dominating with the midrange but still struggling getting the ball down the field. 

If you recall, Burrow caught fire against us, specifically to his slot receiver, Boyd. This should not happen again, mainly because we won't have Tavierre Thomas covering him and we have the underrated Kevin Johnson at the nickel, and we'll also have Ronnie Harrison AND Karl Joseph in our secondary. That's gigantic and should alter the landscape of the game. 

Burrow is doing things that rookies typically don't. He also missed AJ Green twice by a very small margin on deep shots, so you don't want them to find their chemistry against us. Owning the 10-19 yard range is something rookies almost NEVER do, so the praise for Burrow is definitely justified. Conversely, Baker isn't looking as good, and his last two halves of football resulted in 4 interceptions, basically no big completions, and about 7 total points. 

To be fair, those 2 halves were against terrific defenses. Additionally, Baker has ALWAYS played well against the Bengals and that's who we have Sunday. I would definitely expect Baker to be throwing it around the yard tomorrow. Cincy will not bring a lot of pressure, and they will be MORE than happy to sit back and let Baker try to beat them through the air. They know their offense is clicking and they know Baker is hurting. They also know that Baker throws high, so guess what? Eventually Baker will give it you. It's up to us to get the running game going and keep our offense balanced. If we do that, we win. If Baker throws 40+ times we lose. 

27 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Burrow is doing things that rookies typically don't. He also missed AJ Green twice by a very small margin on deep shots, so you don't want them to find their chemistry against us.

Oh no! Now you've done it. We're screwed!😱😁

BTW watch how many times they manage a 1 on 1 with Sendejo. Definitely screwed against our "speedster" safety (if you count turtle races he's won).🐢🐌

• Like 1

M5k.gif  The QB whisperer wants his shot too!  https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2914765-baker-mayfields-talent-not-being-maximized-in-browns-system-hue-jackson-says    LZ3.gif       

Planet Pluto too!   https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/10/heres-what-im-hearing-about-how-the-team-views-the-season-baker-so-far-terrys-talkin-browns.html  As you were..Carry on!

Edit-- AJ Green was targeted 11 times for 8 catches & 96 yards Vs the Colts defense last week.. chemist found... 

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Yeah, that's not entirely fair. What Burrow is doing is dominating the 10-19 yard range, which is something that Baker ISN'T doing. Burrow is 1 of his last 28 on passes longer than 20 yards (per Browns Daily) and he's dominating with the midrange but still struggling getting the ball down the field. 

If you recall, Burrow caught fire against us, specifically to his slot receiver, Boyd. This should not happen again, mainly because we won't have Tavierre Thomas covering him and we have the underrated Kevin Johnson at the nickel, and we'll also have Ronnie Harrison AND Karl Joseph in our secondary. That's gigantic and should alter the landscape of the game. 

Burrow is doing things that rookies typically don't. He also missed AJ Green twice by a very small margin on deep shots, so you don't want them to find their chemistry against us. Owning the 10-19 yard range is something rookies almost NEVER do, so the praise for Burrow is definitely justified. Conversely, Baker isn't looking as good, and his last two halves of football resulted in 4 interceptions, basically no big completions, and about 7 total points. 

To be fair, those 2 halves were against terrific defenses. Additionally, Baker has ALWAYS played well against the Bengals and that's who we have Sunday. I would definitely expect Baker to be throwing it around the yard tomorrow. Cincy will not bring a lot of pressure, and they will be MORE than happy to sit back and let Baker try to beat them through the air. They know their offense is clicking and they know Baker is hurting. They also know that Baker throws high, so guess what? Eventually Baker will give it you. It's up to us to get the running game going and keep our offense balanced. If we do that, we win. If Baker throws 40+ times we lose. 

Still not buying it...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Burrow is still a rookie, regardless of his future potential. Browns should win with ease, by 20 or more. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, nickers said:

i think burrow will be a better qb than baker.....not sure if he is there yet though.....baker will never be an elite qb....we made the wrong choice at qb......again....

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Oh no! Now you've done it. We're screwed!😱😁

BTW watch how many times they manage a 1 on 1 with Sendejo. Definitely screwed against our "speedster" safety (if you count turtle races he's won).🐢🐌

burrow should go over 300 yds this game...and if obj is a distraction on the sidelines.....which i think he probably will be as baker makes some bad throws and our pussy soft defense wilts again.especially the secondary.....we will lose this game....

On 10/21/2020 at 9:59 PM, MDDawg said:

Baker can't read defensive coverages, he made the same pick against the Ravens and Steelers. He's also become quite inaccurate  and evolving into an average QB, I'll predict that he won't be offered an extension this offseason unless he significantly turns things around.

my grade on baker.....d+.......not just this season...but all seasons....only reason he gets a d+ is his first yr when nfl defenses did not have enough time to study him....other wise it would be an f......

On 10/22/2020 at 6:09 PM, Icecube said:

Perhaps, but name all the QBs who became good after regressing his 2nd and 3rd year compared to their rookie year. Jim Plunket, maybe? It's a short list. We all made excuses for 2019. But he just hasn't got any better even with a real coach instead of Freddie Ass Clown and an improved OL and TE.  

Baker's first half of stellar play vs Indy should say something about his growth. His second half cool down was where he(and Coach) need to do a better job of sustaining drives.

Also, I get that it's Hue, but he has a point....

https://factoryofsadness.co/2020/10/23/browns-hue-jackson-may-point-baker-mayfield/

2 hours ago, nickers said:

Still not buying it...

You know its awfully telling that your decision to just laugh as a reply when you have no argument back.

So again ill ask. What did you use to make the comment that its a joke of DD over WT? And if your argument is based on what has happened this season (which is the only possible sane argument), then why wouldn't it be just as fair for someone to use this year to say JB over BM?

Or maybe it is as simple as you didn't think you would be called on wanting to use counter productive arguments to make your case, or simply not knowing what the history for the 2 OG was.

57 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

You know its awfully telling that your decision to just laugh as a reply when you have no argument back.

So again ill ask. What did you use to make the comment that its a joke of DD over WT? And if your argument is based on what has happened this season (which is the only possible sane argument), then why wouldn't it be just as fair for someone to use this year to say JB over BM?

Or maybe it is as simple as you didn't think you would be called on wanting to use counter productive arguments to make your case, or simply not knowing what the history for the 2 OG was.

I'm not gonna bother explaining myself to a moron...

2 hours ago, browns52 said:

i think burrow will be a better qb than baker.....not sure if he is there yet though.....baker will never be an elite qb....we made the wrong choice at qb......again....

Based on what?... Look how long it took Steve Young to get his career on track.. Someone mentioned Jim Plunkett..... Please tell me how great SB winning QB Trent Dilfer was... You are all high!.. It's not like we're going to the SB this year.. Relax!

26 minutes ago, nickers said:

I'm not gonna bother explaining myself to a moron...

No please explain, and certainly no need to call names.

If it is just your opinion that Teller is better, then just say that. I don't know how that makes it a joke, but it is what it is.

If it is because of some kind of measurable/metric, then please provide.

And if it is going off of this year's grading, great. But you can't be taken seriously when you use that to justify it for Teller/Decastro but want to ignore it for Baker/Burrow.

As for your other point, I don't think the Browns should give up on Baker. There have been too many variables that could be factors in his stunted growth. But you come off here as someone who thinks anyone without the same opinion is just so wrong and have to be "high". But you also are leaving out context for your arguments. Young was behind one of the best QBs ever, THAT had more to do with it than late development. As for Dilfer, no he was never great but did win a SB, so I am not sure where you were trying to go with that??? He was also a very high draft pick. 

IMO, unless he completely falls on his face the rest of the year, Baker should be given the opportunity this and next year to see how he can do in this system. And while he isn't setting the league on fire, he has the team at 4-2. And getting a new QB for the team can go either way very easily. The fact of the matter is that they lost to two TEAMS who are/were better than them. The only difference a good BM would have made is by appearance and the score being closer