Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Benched now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Nero said:

Yeah, I liked Rosen too. Tour was responsible for that pick. He dodged a bullet.

From that draft though, the one that I like the most is the guy your BFF cal was pumping for: Josh Allen. He has gained accuracy and has leadership. He isn't a great QB but man he does better than Mayfield in many aspects...

I watched all of Rosen's UCLA games and was pretty vocal that the dude may have looked the part, but he didn't have that thing beating in his chest to actually make him the part. 

There is still no measure for that... no matter how tight you make the kool tank tops and lycra shorts at the combine. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, D Bone said:

I watched all of Rosen's UCLA games and was pretty vocal that the dude may have looked the part, but he didn't have that thing beating in his chest to actually make him the part. 

There is still no measure for that... no matter how tight you make the kool tank tops and lycra shorts at the combine. 

No need to take out the big guns and talk about the lycra shots, sir. That's way out of the line. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Nero said:

Yeah, I liked Rosen too. Tour was responsible for that pick. He dodged a bullet.

From that draft though, the one that I like the most is the guy your BFF cal was pumping for: Josh Allen. He has gained accuracy and has leadership. He isn't a great QB but man he does better than Mayfield in many aspects...

By the time the draft came I soured on everyone 😁 Too many red flags with Rosen, thought Darnold came out too early, wasn't impressed with Mayfield physically,  and Allen to me was too raw and played inferior competition...

Mayfield just isn't dynamic at all. The only thing he does really well is passing off play-action, but that is so predicated on running the ball well and being up. He's just not the guy you get on his back and he leads you to victories. He's our Andy Dalton.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

By the time the draft came I soured on everyone 😁 Too many red flags with Rosen, thought Darnold came out too early, wasn't impressed with Mayfield physically,  and Allen to me was too raw and played inferior competition...

Mayfield just isn't dynamic at all. The only thing he does really well is passing off play-action, but that is so predicated on running the ball well and being up. He's just not the guy you get on his back and he leads you to victories. He's our Andy Dalton.

He is nowhere near as good as Andy Dalton 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know..... He'll want too much money. Probably won't even hit the market, etc. There are 1,000 reasons why it won't happen. Still, I'll be dreaming about Dak Prescott hitting the market next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

So we got Faker Nayfield instead of josh Allen, Great

was josh the one u wanted on draft day ? I wanted darnold and i still think he is better than baker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ATOM said:

was josh the one u wanted on draft day ? I wanted darnold and i still think he is better than baker

I was saying we were getting JFF II without the drugs/alcohol. Baker can't read defenses.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

I really like the kid, but if this is the peak of his abilities as a QB, then he's gotta go. Our team is way too talented to be hobbled by mediocre QB play.

People trashing Manziel because he was a midget. So they go out and draft someone who's like an inch taller. There is a reason why Baker has more success outside the pocket. He is a one read QB that can't see over the line. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, D Bone said:

Charlie Frye v2.0

Wow, I totally forgot about that dude. Tells you something about him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Neo said:

Wow, I totally forgot about that dude. Tells you something about him.

Charlie Frye is 6’4”. Give Baker that height and we may have something 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus...  been a while since I’ve seen this much bitching from grown ass men... They lost a fucking game and are 4-2 with Cincy coming up next week. I feel like some of you haven’t been around/forgot what this shitshow usually looks like this time of year.

The quicker you accept the fact that Baker is the QB in Cleveland for the foreseeable future the better off your going to be.  This is the NFL. You either draft a QB or you don’t get one until they are old and flamed out. And no... Case Keenum isn’t better. The guy’s been on 7 nfl teams since 2012.  Oh ya... and he is 6’1”
 

You know who was tall? Brandon Weeden. Ya let’s draft him again in the mid first round... or Brady Quinn! Great idea.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Neo said:

People trashing Manziel because he was a midget. So they go out and draft someone who's like an inch taller. There is a reason why Baker has more success outside the pocket. He is a one read QB that can't see over the line. 

 

20 minutes ago, hx214 said:

Jesus...  been a while since I’ve seen this much bitching from grown ass men... They lost a fucking game and are 4-2 with Cincy coming up next week. I feel like some of you haven’t been around/forgot what this shitshow usually looks like this time of year.

The quicker you accept the fact that Baker is the QB in Cleveland for the foreseeable future the better off your going to be.  This is the NFL. You either draft a QB or you don’t get one until they are old and flamed out. And no... Case Keenum isn’t better. The guy’s been on 7 nfl teams since 2012.  Oh ya... and he is 6’1”
 

You know who was tall? Brandon Weeden. Ya let’s draft him again in the mid first round... or Brady Quinn! Great idea.

Height isn't the issue. Drew Brees and Russell Wilson are both under 6 feet tall and both are Superbowl champions and are leaders of perennial playoff teams, so short QBs can succeed in this league. So far, Baker has shown that when you take the run game away from him, he cannot seem to step up and lead this team. It really sucks to say that because he is a good person, but it's looking like what we're seeing now is the upper limit of his abilities. What excuses does he have left? We're fucking stacked in the WR, RB and TE positions, the O-Line's play is better than it's ever been, and we finally have a decent HC. He has no one else left to blame for his shit play than himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

Charlie Frye is 6’4”. Give Baker that height and we may have something 

 

20 minutes ago, hx214 said:

You know who was tall? Brandon Weeden

Drew Brees and Russell Wilson are shorter but it doesn't seem to bother them because they know how to maneuver the pocket and find the throwing lanes. Baker needs to be out of the pocket and feels ghosts in the pocket. Since Baker doesn't have the great pocket awareness the others have, being on the short side hurts him.

Brandon Weeden was old enough to retire when we drafted him. Still don't understand that one.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

 

Height isn't the issue. Drew Brees and Russell Wilson are both under 6 feet tall and both are Superbowl champions and are leaders of perennial playoff teams, so short QBs can succeed in this league. So far, Baker has shown that when you take the run game away from him, he cannot seem to step up and lead this team. It really sucks to say that because he is a good person, but it's looking like what we're seeing now is the upper limit of his abilities. What excuses does he have left? We're fucking stacked in the WR, RB and TE positions, the O-Line's play is better than it's ever been, and we finally have a decent HC. He has no one else left to blame for his shit play than himself.

 

 

I'm gonna agree here... If we get stable qb play today and a stout defense.. we win today.. But the coaching today was exceptionally shitty... So lets not excuse them either... It was a team loss today.. Yeah... Baker sucked... But it was more than him...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Go back and read my pre draft assessment on Baker throwing outside of OU's play-action designs.

That's most of your problem.

 

 

What was your pre draft assessment on the two MVP's drafted recently Mahomes, and Lamar Jackson?  

I know this forum didn't like the idea of taking Kyler Murray at #17 if he was available, which he wasn't, because there is nobody worth their football salt, possessing any decent insight into the game that would let him slide that far down the board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, nickers said:

 

 

I'm gonna agree here... If we get stable qb play today and a stout defense.. we win today.. But the coaching today was exceptionally shitty... So lets not excuse them either... It was a team loss today.. Yeah... Baker sucked... But it was more than him...

It really felt like the Steelers were a step ahead all day. Defensively we had a game plan for what we thought we were going to see, like a bunch of short passes, and seemed prepared early on with some of those getting deflected and almost intercepted, but their offense pulled out more bags of tricks that our defense wasn't ready for. And on offense, the Line looked like they had a rough day, particularly the Tackles. I really think they got exposed today by speed. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, nickers said:

 

 

I'm gonna agree here... If we get stable qb play today and a stout defense.. we win today.. But the coaching today was exceptionally shitty... So lets not excuse them either... It was a team loss today.. Yeah... Baker sucked... But it was more than him...

I totally agree we were out coached. That was obvious. 
 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hx214 said:

Jesus...  been a while since I’ve seen this much bitching from grown ass men... They lost a fucking game and are 4-2 with Cincy coming up next week. I feel like some of you haven’t been around/forgot what this shitshow usually looks like this time of year.

The quicker you accept the fact that Baker is the QB in Cleveland for the foreseeable future the better off your going to be.  This is the NFL. You either draft a QB or you don’t get one until they are old and flamed out. And no... Case Keenum isn’t better. The guy’s been on 7 nfl teams since 2012.  Oh ya... and he is 6’1”
 

You know who was tall? Brandon Weeden. Ya let’s draft him again in the mid first round... or Brady Quinn! Great idea.

If Baker continues this play he won’t be here in the foreseeable future

The people in charge have no loyalty to him at all

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JimboJones said:

What was your pre draft assessment on the two MVP's drafted recently Mahomes, and Lamar Jackson?  

I know this forum didn't like the idea of taking Kyler Murray at #17 if he was available, which he wasn't, because there is nobody worth their football salt, possessing any decent insight into the game that would let him slide that far down the board.

Didn't watch enough of Mahomes to make an assessment, but early going felt he might be a turnover machine with how he panicked under pressure. 

Assessment on Lamar?  Special athlete, so-so QB.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tiamat63 said:

Didn't watch enough of Mahomes to make an assessment, but early going felt he might be a turnover machine with how he panicked under pressure. 

Assessment on Lamar?  Special athlete, so-so QB.  

I’d say Lamar is definitely a special athlete but he is a below average QB. He won’t last. As soon as he can’t escape, he will be done

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

The people in charge have no loyalty to him at all

This is absolutely true. 

And after this season Mayfield will be 60% done with his rookie deal. Some hard questions will be asked in Berea regarding if Baker is the guy the current regime wants to build around long term. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

I’d say Lamar is definitely a special athlete but he is a below average QB. He won’t last. As soon as he can’t escape, he will be done

I was speaking of my pre-draft assessment on him.

Still stands.  He struggles beating man coverage when he has to come off his primary and throw outside the numbers.  He'll rack up playoff losses over and over unless they face a team the Ravens can run all over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is amazing to me how people are so quick to just talk after a bad game, and don't get me wrong it was a TERRIBLE game. But there are actually people on this thread and the GameDay one who seems to only come post when a bad game happens and to run their mouth how bad the team/Baker is.

But since one game is the determining factor in how bad Baker is, apparently a bust who must be run outta town, I guess Aaron Rodgers and the Packers suck too.

Rodgers: 0 TD Baker 1 TD

Rodgers: 2 INT, Baker 2 INT (both 1 pick 6)

Rodgers: 160 yards in 3+ quarters, 119 in 2+

Rodgers: 4.6 yard average, Baker 6.6

Rodgers: 46% completions, Baker: 56%

Rodgers: lost 38-10 to 3-2 team, Baker lost 38-7 to a 4-0 team

 

Now Baker is no where near as good as Rodgers, never will be. I am not even saying that he is a franchise QB, but wanting to use one game to try and make a point is just uninformed.

You guys do realize that sometimes the other team is just better. Whether that is that day, that season, etc. PITTSBURGH IS BETTER. And all the not afraid of Steelers talk etc leading up just makes the result much harder to stomach.

Does 2 blowout losses look bad? Obviously. And maybe the Browns aren't ready to take that next step. But I would imagine that most people on here etc. wouldn't have had the team better than 4-2 at this time.

And for those in this or that thread saying the missing players don't matter, nope they don't in the grand scheme of things, and they wouldn't have made a difference in the 2 losses from the outcome, BUT just think back on these last 6 games and how everyone ripped the defense. Now imagine taking some of the starters out, probably doesn't make them better. Now imagine having a limited QB, losing one half of what has been said here and nationally as the best backfield tandem, and your RG who has been raved about after being said coming into the year as one of the biggest weaknesses.

Yes it is always next man up. Yes these are all professionals who are still at the top of their field, but for the few on this board who I have read are coaches like myself or seem to have a good grasp on it, you know how things like this can happen and are extremely likely to be a negative result.

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

It is amazing to me how people are so quick to just talk after a bad game, and don't get me wrong it was a TERRIBLE game. But there are actually people on this thread and the GameDay one who seems to only come post when a bad game happens and to run their mouth how bad the team/Baker is.

But since one game is the determining factor in how bad Baker is, apparently a bust who must be run outta town, I guess Aaron Rodgers and the Packers suck too.

Rodgers: 0 TD Baker 1 TD

Rodgers: 2 INT, Baker 2 INT (both 1 pick 6)

Rodgers: 160 yards in 3+ quarters, 119 in 2+

Rodgers: 4.6 yard average, Baker 6.6

Rodgers: 46% completions, Baker: 56%

Rodgers: lost 38-10 to 3-2 team, Baker lost 38-7 to a 4-0 team

 

Now Baker is no where near as good as Rodgers, never will be.

 

Then this entire post was pointless.  

  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I was speaking of my pre-draft assessment on him.

Still stands.  He struggles beating man coverage when he has to come off his primary and throw outside the numbers.  He'll rack up playoff losses over and over unless they face a team the Ravens can run all over.

 You are correct

Playoff teams usually don’t get run all over 

And the ratbirds will most likely be in the playoffs every year getting 4-6 wins every year in division

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aaron Rodgers had a HOF resume after 3 years

Baker will be lucky to get a contract extension from the team that drafted him

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, Russell Wilson and Drew Breese are both shorter QB’s

But they both got better in year 2 and 3

Baker has gotten worse in year 2 and 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×