THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker Mayfield

TypicalBrowns50

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

We're about to play the other one in this league who's great at selling the run in PA. Tannehill is a pro at that as well, often with a planned run for 1st downs because of his WR speed.

LOL, I know. It's like I said in another post....we're basically the Diet Titans. 😂

• Haha 1

There are numerous QBs that excel at Play Action... Russell Wilson, Brees, Brady, Mahommes, Cousins... even Hoyer. Brian Sipe was one of the best to play for us. It's not a difficult skill... just takes reps with attention to detail.

And just as important to their PAP success is what they do on run plays after they actually hand the ball off. When they carry out fakes on run plays they start setting up the opponents Edge for chasing Play Action. Baker has done more and more of this as the season has progressed.

The hard part of of Play Action is picking up targets because almost all of it involves the QB turning his back to the D. It is less true of boots and roll-outs since the field is halved and there's little or no traffic in the QB's face. It is especially true in the confines of the pocket after faking a dive or off-tackle run. Bake is still developing here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

LOL, I know. It's like I said in another post....we're basically the Diet Titans. 😂

Well mini-Titans anyway. 😂

Baker 6'1" (maybe)       Tannehill   6'4" 

Nick Chubb 5'11"          Derrick Henry  6'3"

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well mini-Tits anyway. 😂

So if they're a 34 DD, that makes us what, a 34 C? 

I'll take either by the way...

... or both. 

The thing about Baker that impressed me today was he threw with touch when it was called for.

Best example was his TD pass to Higgins.... easy enough to arch over the trailing DB, but firm enough to get to Higgins comfortably before he reached the endline.

• Upvote 5

8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

The thing about Baker that impressed me today was he threw with touch when it was called for.

Best example was his TD pass to Higgins.... easy enough to arch over the trailing DB, but firm enough to get to Higgins comfortably before he reached the endline.

Great point, Tour. Additionally, how about the pass to Lamm? Yes, he was wide effing open, but watch that play again. Baker calmly looks left at the RB which caused the linebacker to shoot over there, and that leaves Lamm wide open. Baker tosses a pillow that is easily caught. Little things that add up. 

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Great point, Tour. Additionally, how about the pass to Lamm? Yes, he was wide effing open, but watch that play again. Baker calmly looks left at the RB which caused the linebacker to shoot over there, and that leaves Lamm wide open. Baker tosses a pillow that is easily caught. Little things that add up. 

Yep-that little duck even had feathers all over it to help his sticky gloves work better.🦆😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, D Bone said:

Not that I mind for even a millisecond, but are we supposed to know her? 

I guess she is or was on ESPN?

And she has epic fun bags. 

Oh and Gorka doesn't like her because she doesn't have a penis. 

That is all. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 5150k9 said:

Sarah Spain. She’s a talking head on ESPN. And she’s from Cleveland.

I don't think so....I think she is from Chicago.  She is a Chicago sports fan. 

Err, well wait, here it is:

Early years[edit]

Spain was born in Cleveland, Ohio, and raised in Lake Forest, Illinois. In 1998, as a senior at Lake Forest High School, Spain was the MVP and captain of her track and field, field hockey and basketball teams.[3][4][5] Spain attended Cornell University, where she majored in English. She was a heptathlete on the Cornell Big Red track and field team, for which she was co-captain her senior year.[6]

10 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Do you read this board?  We had a whole thing on her just last week. 

I try to, but many times the words are too big and I can't sound them out.  

• Haha 3