THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker Mayfield

TypicalBrowns50

I was curious to how Baker has fared vs Cincinnati in his career.

vs. Cincinnati: 4-1 Record, 91 com/142 att, 64.1 comp%, 1310 yds, 9.2 yds/att, 15 td, 6 int

vs. Everyone Else: 13-18 Record, 661 com/1076 att, 61.4 comp%, 7643 yds, 7.1 yds/att, 49 td, 36 int 

Sometimes you just gotta say.... WTF!

image.png.2f0755e49b2312392ec34f082d6c0401.png

Sat Tannehill, who put up 16 vs PTG.... :)

Also stated our D over PTG's... which worked out as well... albeit at a more modest margin... 7 - 2.

On 10/25/2020 at 2:26 PM, jbluhm86 said:

I'm actually pretty impressed by how Joe Burrow is doing with the Bengals this year. He's getting the most out of a limited team.

Imagine where the Browns would be with a QB like Burrow under center.

Congratulations on getting the last bitch post of this epic bitchfest in before our Quarterback threw 5 TDs in three quarters and shut everyone the fuck up.

Fuck Joe Burrow, he has won one NFL game, we are 5-2 with Baker and he played the last part of the Colts game and the whole Steeler game with injuries that would have sat most QBs.

Go tear up the Raiders, Baker, then the women around here won't know what to do with themselves over the bye week.

Zombo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Congratulations on getting the last bitch post of this epic bitchfest in before our Quarterback threw 5 TDs in three quarters and shut everyone the fuck up.

Fuck Joe Burrow, he has won one NFL game, we are 5-2 with Baker and he played the last part of the Colts game and the whole Steeler game with injuries that would have sat most QBs.

Go tear up the Raiders, Baker, then the women around here won't know what to do with themselves over the bye week.

Zombo

Gping to have to beat a defense a little more worthy than the Raiders to quell reasonable concern.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Zombo said:

Zombo

Thanks, I guess?

If you read my earlier posts in this thread, I've made it pretty clear that I like Baker Mayfield as a person, and I want him to succeed for this team. 

But, the critics do have a point: he plays well enough against middle of the road teams and crap teams, but he's horrible playing against good teams. He's also prone to make stupid throwing decisions at a concerning rate.

Am I glad he balled out on Sunday? Absolutely; a win is a win. But if we're going to make a deep run in the playoffs, we'll have to go through some great teams to do that, and I'm concerned about Baker's decision making in those types of games.

5 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

Thanks, I guess?

If you read my earlier posts in this thread, I've made it pretty clear that I like Baker Mayfield as a person, and I want him to succeed for this team. 

But, the critics do have a point: he plays well enough against middle of the road teams and crap teams, but he's horrible playing against good teams. He's also prone to make stupid throwing decisions at a concerning rate.

Am I glad he balled out on Sunday? Absolutely; a win is a win. But if we're going to make a deep run in the playoffs, we'll have to go through some great teams to do that, and I'm concerned about Baker's decision making in those types of games.

Well if he played poorly against those good things it’s because they are good things. And it’s probably because our defense is giving up nearly 40 points a game to those teams. Whine if you will about Baker but it was our defense it is the problem

6 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Gping to have to beat a defense a little more worthy than the Raiders to quell reasonable concern.

If the Browns beat the bums on their schedule they could End up with 8 wins easily. Then they have to meet a few teams that are on par with them like the Raiders and probably the Colts. With victories against them they could end up 10 and six. And I still think they have a chance to beat a couple of the top notch teams. Remember both the Steelers and the ravens now have to come to Cleveland later this year.

7 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

Thanks, I guess?

This is pretty impressive for a guy who supposedly sucks...

"Here is a little of Bakers stats, 37 games, 64 TDs 42 int 8900 yards not bad for 3 years"
  • Upvote 1

On 10/27/2020 at 6:30 AM, Zombo said:

Zombo

Well said, Z

As far as people who were saying what I thought about Baker. I still think he's our guy.

For those that haven't had rib injuries (I broke mine boxing last May) they hurt like an absolute bitch. It hurts to breathe....

What I don't get is how people are willing to bail on him after a few mediocre games. As long as we're winning, that's what I care about.

When Aaron Rodgers or Big Ben have bad games (even when they're healthy), everyone moves on. Let Baker play.

And lastly, it's important for Baker to play his game and find the open receivers. OBJ might've made him force the ball to him in the past. Now he's back to playing his game, and finding TE's and Higgins like he did in the past. I predict the Browns only getting better, but Gruden and the Raiders are no joke.

• Upvote 2

Baker will likely light up the Raiders Sunday. Unfortunately for him and the offense, the Raiders will also light US up. I think it's going to be a very difficult game to win because they don't turn it over (Carr has 2 picks somehow). Our defense has been atrocious but they've come through with turnovers. If they can find a way to get a couple, we can win. Without them, it's a tall order. You can't expect your offense to score in the 30's every victory. Sometimes the defense has to step up. 

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Baker will likely light up the Raiders Sunday. Unfortunately for him and the offense, the Raiders will also light US up. I think it's going to be a very difficult game to win because they don't turn it over (Carr has 2 picks somehow). Our defense has been atrocious but they've come through with turnovers. If they can find a way to get a couple, we can win. Without them, it's a tall order. You can't expect your offense to score in the 30's every victory. Sometimes the defense has to step up. 

Honestly, the Raiders are very similar to the Browns. 

High powered offense and defenses that allow a ton of points. 

The difference between the two teams has been turnovers. Off the top of my head I believe the Browns are +5 for the season, while the Oakland/Los Angeles/Oakland/Las Vegas Raiders are -5. 

Supposed to be in the mid 40s Sunday with high winds. 

Sun 01 | Day

47°

100%
WSW 24 mph

Morning rain...then becoming windy with a mix of rain and snow in the afternoon. Morning high of 47F with temps falling to near 35. Winds WSW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 100%. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

• Humidity74%
  • UV Index2 of 10
  • Sunrise6:58 am
  • Sunset5:21 pm

Sun 01 | Night

31°

60%
WNW 28 mph

Windy. Snow in the evening will give way to snow showers overnight. Low 31F. Winds WNW at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of snow 60%. About one inch of snow expected. Winds could occasionally gust over 50 mph.

Ever since the Browns came back as an expansion team in 1999, The Browns have always helped Pisspuke get in to the playoffs by giving them 2 wins every year, in a 16 game season that really does make a difference, NOT once has anybody ever said Pisspuke beat weaker teams, even though they beat Browns and Bengals every year so that alone is 4 wins every so often the Bengals and Browns do get 1 from them but lets be honest it does not happen enough. We have always been the weaker team around the NFL and always losing yet we finally go above .500 and here come the experts saying "we only beat weak teams and it was our running game not Baker that got those wins" Well then ok experts so what you are saying is our running backs are shitty to right? I mean Nick Chubb and Hunt ran all over weak teams right? I mean if Bakers touch downs were against weak teams then so was Chubbs and Hunts runs? You can't have it both ways  we are a team, a team that is 5-2  but for some stupid reasons some fans and self called "experts" want us to make a change??? WHY? Because Baker lost to 2 of the best teams in football? Did it ever come to anyone if Case K was any good he would not be let go from anyone? Nobody thought we would beat the Colts until we did then it was because the Colts are a weak team, Nobody thought we would beat the Cowboys until we did then it was because Dallas sucks, Nobody said we would beat the team that used to be called the  Redskins until we did and then it was because they are weak. The so called experts said we would beat the Bengals and we did but still managed to talk about how much Joe Borrrow or whatever his name is out played Baker and how he is going to be a huge star.Fuck the experts, and if you are not behind our QB and want him to win then you are not a fan and you should root for another team, you would want Baker to lose because you think our back up is better? What proof do you have that says he is better? Had he made us 5-2 would you say it is because he only beat weak teams? We can only play who we are told to play  but those wins don't count because they are weak teams? It is not like we are Ohio State playing nobody teams (how many of you said Ohio State could beat the Browns)? Being 5-2 reminds me of 2007 when D..A. got us wins yet the fans wanted Brady Quinn even though we won 10 games and when Quinn got his starts, HE SUCKED ASS and we lost to weak teams and strong teams, Baker is way better than DA but is Baker the answer? IDK but he is better than anything we had in years so who cares, He is who we have  now and is getting us more wins than we had so why can't we be the 12th man together and enjoy being 5-2  and even if it is 5-3 after tomorrow or 6-2 we are above .500. GO BROWNS 

What garbage time is that? the 11 seconds left when Baker threw the winning TD pass? Where is the garbage time at? Experts are fucking stupid if they don't see any improvement since Baker took over. We always lost to what they call a weaker team before but now that we win they say we only beat a weak team? Get the fuck out of here. Go back to Weeden then or Johnny Football and then cry about how bad Baker is, Johnny Football lost to the Bengals 30-0 but Baker beats them and "Oh so what he beat the Bengals put some guy named Case in that was let go by other teams because he sucked" 

Does the same stat go for our wr and rb as well? The catches they make in garbage time don't matter because it is garbage time? The yards Hunt Chubb and Johnson are shit because of garbage time and weak teams? I expect this shit from Cowturd and Stephen A crack smoker but nnot our own fans?were 5-2 so take your garbage time and shove it up your Steeler loving Ass. By the way garbage time would be a TD you get while down by 30 points in the 4th with under 2 minutes to go. When did we score a td in the 4th that we didn't need? 

9 minutes ago, medicineman said:

What garbage time is that? the 11 seconds left when Baker threw the winning TD pass? Where is the garbage time at? Experts are fucking stupid if they don't see any improvement since Baker took over. We always lost to what they call a weaker team before but now that we win they say we only beat a weak team? Get the fuck out of here. Go back to Weeden then or Johnny Football and then cry about how bad Baker is, Johnny Football lost to the Bengals 30-0 but Baker beats them and "Oh so what he beat the Bengals put some guy named Case in that was let go by other teams because he sucked" 

You completely missed the point of the post you are referring to. Reread it. 

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

You completely missed the point of the post you are referring to. Reread it. 

Don't matter they never give u respect, if we win it is because the other team was bad, however they never said that when we lost games in the past only how good their Pisspuke team was or whoever it was that beat us. were 5-2 Dawg, I'll take a W any way we can get a W 

On 10/27/2020 at 12:17 PM, jbluhm86 said:

Thanks, I guess?

I don't have a problem with what you said for the most part. I think you were just trying to be honest.  Looked to me like Zombo got sick of reading all of the bitching and moaning in here like it's a sorority house on the rag; so he used your post to reply to a lot more people than just you.  

When our defense shows up to compete - we should remember Baker was the starting QB when Cleveland beat the Ratbirds in his rookie year and again last year (and that was a blowout win fwiw).  This team was 0-16 the year before Baker arrived; and it was 0-1-1 when he took his very first snap with a 10 point deficit as a rookie. He erased that deficit almost immediately and led the Browns to a W in his very first appearance.   This team went 7-7 in the 1st 14 games Baker played.  In the process, he broke the rookie record for TD passes with 27. What's to hate here?  If that didn't show people this guy has talent/skills to tap here - they simply didn't want to see it.

Some guys like Colins A. Coward that predicted he'd suck - couldn't wait to quickly announce Baker can't beat anyone good.  But apparently ONLY Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen went to bad NFL teams while Baker wasn't going to get such excuses with the 1-31 football team here in Cleveland.  BTW, Josh Rosen is now on his 3rd NFL team as a member of Tampa Bay's practice squad (so now he's had as many different OCs as Baker)...

FWIW, WRs like AJ Green, Tyler Boyd and Tee Higgins aren't exactly leaving Joe Burrow talent deprived.  He's also got some pretty good RBs.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

I don't have a problem with what you said for the most part. I think you were just trying to be honest.  Looked to me like Zombo got sick of reading all of the bitching and moaning in here like it's a sorority house on the rag; so he used your post to reply to a lot more people than just you.  

When our defense shows up to compete - we should remember Baker was the starting QB when Cleveland beat the Ratbirds in his rookie year and again last year (and that was a blowout win fwiw).  This team was 0-16 the year before Baker arrived; and it was 0-1-1 when he took his very first snap with a 10 point deficit as a rookie. He erased that deficit almost immediately and led the Browns to a W in his very first appearance.   This team went 7-7 in the 1st 14 games Baker played.  In the process, he broke the rookie record for TD passes with 27. What's to hate here?  If that didn't show people this guy has talent/skills to tap here - they simply didn't want to see it.

Some guys like Colins A. Coward that predicted he'd suck - couldn't wait to quickly announce Baker can't beat anyone good.  But apparently ONLY Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen went to bad NFL teams while Baker wasn't going to get such excuses with the 1-31 football team here in Cleveland.  BTW, Josh Rosen is now on his 3rd NFL team as a member of Tampa Bay's practice (so now he's had as many different OCs as Baker)...

FWIW, WRs like AJ Green, Tyler Boyd and Tee Higgins aren't exactly leaving Joe Burrow talent deprived.  He's also got some pretty good RBs.

And to further pile onto Mr. Coward, just to show that he just wants to have some hot take to get viewers (whether he ends up right on Baker or another), apparently after coming in for mop up duty and now being named the starter he now doesn't believe in Tua. He had an "epiphany". Just remember that Tua was "SPECIAL" and was being compared to his big man crush of Russell Wilson and Burrow was just going to be decent.

So ANYONE who wants to use Cowherd as a reference loses ALL credibility. These are just a few examples I can remember RECENTLY.

1. When Gase was hired by NYJ, they were instant SB contenders. Now, Gase is the biggest reason they are failing. I'll give him a bit of credit there as he changed a take, but only because him man crush Darnold is there.

2. A short time before the draft he called Baker undraftable and compared every aspect of him to JM. Shortly after Baker was named the backup he was a guest on his show. He told Baker he never thought or compared him to Manziel, and that Baker WOULD NOT be a bust.

3 and 4. If you ever hear Colin on the NBA, he is a big LeBron guy. But both his last year in CLE and last year with LAL, the league had passed him by and he was no longer influential or something like that. Then this year, LBJ was the MVP, and now is the most influential ever. The 2nd part of this one, last year in NBA playoffs, after game 1 of their series, Boston was head and shoulders superior to the Bucks, MIL had no chance, and Kylie was best player in East by far. After the series, Kylie is overrated and a detriment to his team 

• Thanks 1