THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker Mayfield

TypicalBrowns50

1 minute ago, tiamat63 said:

Go back and read my pre draft assessment on Baker throwing outside of OU's play-action designs.

That's most of your problem.

Not only that, but he has tendencies, and the tendency not to change them. Second INT he just started running BACKWARDS before throwing the ball, thus putting a lot of air under it. I could see as the ball left his hand that it was going to be an awful pass. 

12 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

Worst part is Stefanski won’t have the stones to move on from him this year.  

His draft position is going to give him a lot of rope and the organization will keep trying to force his pear shape into a skinny hole..... We're at year 3 and at this point, he is what he is - no matter how badly the team and fans want him to be something else.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

He won't need to have them - that's Barry's job.

And wasn’t Berry in the room in 2018?  Just add Baker to the long list of reaches by a horrible organization.  We’ve been quick to condemn coaches but the Front Office has been horrible for a decade plus.

OK. Before moving from Baker. First things first: 

I am pretty certain that it was a stillmotion's pick, so if he shows up again by the board let's get the torches ready, guys. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Nero said:

OK. Before moving from Baker. First things first: 

I am pretty certain that it was a stillmotion's pick, so if he shows up again by the board let's get the torches ready, guys. 

That dude couldn't stop pimping Baker all pre-draft 🤣

But hell, the guy I liked early on - Rosen - barely is employed in the NFL. By the time the draft happened I really didn't like any of them. 😂

No one else had input when Dorsey was GM...

Possible we see Case in 2nd half, but not ready to give up on Baker. When we move pocket and PA, then he's effective. He's a whole 5.5 games into the Stef era and still learning.

Plus we have to run effectively... period... and today we are not.

One thing I was thinking about this AM was about how Ben "uses his eyes" and Baker does not. Well... as Romo said on the TD to Higgins, Baker used his eyes.

Other thing Ben does? Pump fake... can't recall Baker ever doing that.

2 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

Do you guys think baker starts against Cincinnati? Legit question. 

Yes... unless he's physically impaired... and I don't mean his height.

A healthy Keenum > a dinged Mayfield.

11 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

VP - that was all Dorsey's pick.

11 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

better question is did he have any input in the decision -- my money says no.

From a lay person’s perspective it seems like a VP of player personnel should have a say in who the number 1 pick in the draft is.  

11 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

That dude couldn't stop pimping Baker all pre-draft 🤣

But hell, the guy I liked early on - Rosen - barely is employed in the NFL. By the time the draft happened I really didn't like any of them. 😂

Yeah, I liked Rosen too. Tour was responsible for that pick. He dodged a bullet.

From that draft though, the one that I like the most is the guy your BFF cal was pumping for: Josh Allen. He has gained accuracy and has leadership. He isn't a great QB but man he does better than Mayfield in many aspects...