THE BROWNS BOARD

***Browns VS Steelers GAMEDAY Thread***

Ibleedbrown

43 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Lastly I want to see any hint of an Offensive gameplan... cause it sure was not obvious upon viewing it live.

Sitting here watching SNF and in particular how the 49ers moved the ball against a good LAR Defense... run... PAP... PAP... run... etc...

... and can't help but think, "Why wasn't this us today?"

Even given that the Steeler D is better than the Rams' D... the Niners' rhythm, flow, the way they keep the D off-balance... SMH...

6 hours ago, Browns149 said:

1-12 on 3rd down

and they kept throwing the same short slants and outs. 

Out coached by a hall of fame coach and our coach is a rookie 

Browns totally dominated at the LOS both sides of the ball went for it 3 times on 4th and 1 and got totally blown up every time.  

I guess most here would be more than happy with 4-2 at this point, with a winnable game against the Bengals on tap.  Bad loss. Listening to some of the aftermath on the radio I totally agree- this wasn't "just another game" Browns. It was your big chance to make a statement. You made a statement all right- for the Steelers being an elite team, and the Browns not ready for Prime Time.  

One final observation. Burn the damn brown pants, besides being ugly. Bad Karma... I'll let a historian look up how many times the Browns have won wearing them- but if it's more than two, I'd be shocked... 

8 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Baker was seeing ghosts today. Pitt has the best pressure in the league and we are missing Wyatt Teller badly. Obviously we could’ve used Nick Chubb in this matchup. Whole offense has looked shook, and OBJ steps up huge with a speech. Leadership.

Another observation. Some quick math for a stat I saw during the game. At one point Baker had dropped back to pass 22 times. He had a clean pocket exactly 3 of those times. He was either hurried, knocked down, or sacked the other 19 times.... 

The O-line was a total fail today... In every respect. Getting blown up multiple times on 4th and one for negative yardage? Disgusting..  

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, WarriorsRpussies said:

Your right about that one. The difference is like someone pissing on you, or getting  puke on. Both suck!

I just saw a variation of this joke earlier today.

What's the difference between a chick pea and a garbanzo bean?

You wouldn't let a garbanzo bean on your face.

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Another observation. Some quick math for a stat I saw during the game. At one point Baker had dropped back to pass 22 times. He had a clean pocket exactly 3 of those times. He was either hurried, knocked down, or sacked the other 19 times.... 

The O-line was a total fail today... In every respect. Getting blown up multiple times on 4th and one for negative yardage? Disgusting..  

Exactly true. Also, our HC admitted they got outcoached that first game, it's the first year of this offense, with no preseason, etc.

If they win the next four games, they will be 8-2? I'm good with that.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, hoorta said:

the oline got the shit kicked out of them.....i know what i saw...alot of browns ol heads getting smapped back because the steelers dline is to strong....way too strong for our oline...they got creamed

9 hours ago, browns52 said:

you just saw why the steelers win sb's.....ol and dl dominance......the browns took a fucking beating today.......and don't anyone give me this shit about our injuries...chubb would have got is clock cleaned the way those stoolers were hitting....hope there are enough hot tubs at the facility.....whoooooo...what a fucking beating.....

That's the bottom line. Nothing more needs said.

As mentioned on a post game show, Chubb would have had no place to run.

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

Browns totally dominated at the LOS both sides of the ball went for it 3 times on 4th and 1 and got totally blown up every time.  

I guess most here would be more than happy with 4-2 at this point, with a winnable game against the Bengals on tap.  Bad loss. Listening to some of the aftermath on the radio I totally agree- this wasn't "just another game" Browns. It was your big chance to make a statement. You made a statement all right- for the Steelers being an elite team, and the Browns not ready for Prime Time.  

One final observation. Burn the damn brown pants, besides being ugly. Bad Karma... I'll let a historian look up how many times the Browns have won wearing them- but if it's more than two, I'd be shocked... 

You are correct. They are not ready to beat an elite team. 
They must beat the bad to mediocre teams to have a chance at a winning record

19 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Baker was seeing ghosts today. Pitt has the best pressure in the league and we are missing Wyatt Teller badly. Obviously we could’ve used Nick Chubb in this matchup. Whole offense has looked shook, and OBJ steps up huge with a speech. Leadership.

Was good to see OBJ do that...

Problem was did you see Baker? He walked up late as if to see what was going on... stayed on the perimeter even leaning to look around other players.

It should should have been him leading this pep session... and two years ago it would have been. We know this because it was him...

This only amplifies my concerns over the lack of fire in his belly... where the chip on his shoulder went...

... the things that made him Baker "I'm gonna plant this flag on your 50" Mayfield.

9 hours ago, Gorka said:

Perhaps, even likely, not... at least early, but...

... with Chubb we have a hammer that is otherwise missing.

I have no doubt Stef would have kept on swingin' that hammer for at least a full 3/4's of the game.

How much difference would it have made? Certainly not so much as to change an "L" into a "W".... but it could well have made the game watchable.

10 hours ago, Gorka said:

That's the bottom line. Nothing more needs said.

i wonder why baker says he is feeling dangerous only when he is playing the bengals.....guess yesterday he woke up saying he felt in danger instead of dangerous but did not tell us.......look, until we get more physical against teams like pitt and balt....we are going to get our asses kicked and go absolutely nowhere....forget about all these friggen so called playmakers we have....it ain't going to work....end of story....

13 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Exactly true. Also, our HC admitted they got outcoached that first game, it's the first year of this offense, with no preseason, etc.

If they win the next four games, they will be 8-2? I'm good with that.

i expect baker to say he is feeling dangerous....we are playing the bagels next......its the only team he will say that statement......the pick six, he had time in the pocket...poor choice...he still has alot of issues reading defenses...the other int....he had no time and just heaved it up in the air....i don't see us anywhere near 8-2....vegas has a more experienced coach and a better team....houston...eh...i don't know....50/50.....the bagels are playing better...if we continue to play like we did against the steelers...hmmm...8-2 is way out of the question....we shall see....

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Problem was did you see Baker? He walked up late as if to see what was going on... stayed on the perimeter even leaning to look around other players.

It should should have been him leading this pep session... and two years ago it would have been. We know this because it was him...

Baker threw the costly pick 6 that burned us. He couldn’t say anything. 
OBJ was also the proper read on that play.

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

This only amplifies my concerns over the lack of fire in his belly... where the chip on his shoulder went...

... the things that made him Baker "I'm gonna plant this flag on your 50" Mayfield.

good observation...i saw that to.....he is no leader, that's for sure.....obj may be a cry baby at times....however, at least he tries to take leadership.....i guess we need to let stepanski do his thing....see what happens....we have no choice....another coaching chg in the near future would  be a just about the end of this franchise.....with this roster, something needs to change in a hurry....i know we are 4-2....but hell....the teams we beat are not very good...

7 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I questioned his ability to continue to manufacture a chip on his shoulder the second he was drafted #1 overall.

Kind of hard to keep playing the "scrappy underdog" card after that. 

8 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Baker threw the costly pick 6 that burned us. He couldn’t say anything. 
OBJ was also the proper read on that play.

Sure he could... how many time have we seen TB12 stink it up only to rip his OL and/or skill payers a new one on the sideline.

4 hours ago, browns52 said:

good observation...i saw that to.....he is no leader, that's for sure..

Not my intended point... which was that Baker was that guy two years ago.

Have to shift thru a few of my half-baked posts as I'm thinking aloud here to get there tho... my bad...

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I questioned his ability to continue to manufacture a chip on his shoulder the second he was drafted #1 overall.

Kind of hard to keep playing the "scrappy underdog" card after that. 

I hear ya... add in fame and commercials and wife and $$$ and contentment and early success... hard to keep it from adding up to "self-satisfaction".

Something has to reignite that fire... we can't afford for him to play his way back to that "chip"...

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Sure he could... how many time have we seen TB12 stink it up only to rip his OL and/or skill payers a new one on the sideline.

When you have a poor play like that it’s kinda pointless trying to yell at others to do better. IMO. OBJ didn’t do anything wrong and had some type of say in how the offense was performing 

14 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I'll get beat up for this, so be it. But I think most of us have worked for good and bad companies. When you're with a "bad" company, you lose your enthusiasm, and get beat down...and just stop having as much fire to do well because you know it doesn't matter. But to be fair, has Baker lost his credibility to some of extent? He had his litttle pow wow before the game, and I'm not sure many are buying in anymore. But I still blame upstairs. If your whole team operates in hypocrisy, it infects everything. The employees lose their drive. 

12 hours ago, Icecube said:

I'll get beat up for this, so be it. But I think most of us have worked for good and bad companies. When you're with a "bad" company, you lose your enthusiasm, and get beat down...and just stop having as much fire to do well because you know it doesn't matter. But to be fair, has Baker lost his credibility to some of extent? He had his litttle pow wow before the game, and I'm not sure many are buying in anymore. But I still blame upstairs. If your whole team operates in hypocrisy, it infects everything. The employees lose their drive. 

no, i have been there....i worked for one of the  largest companies in the world in different departments........i went thru both sides...its alot more fun working for a good dept...than a bad one....

On 10/18/2020 at 10:40 PM, hoorta said:

give credit tothe steelers dline for blowing up our ol....they are very physical anbd very good....we need to get to where they are in a hurry....

16 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Have to shift thru a few of my half-baked posts as I'm thinking aloud here to get there tho... my bad...

I hear ya... add in fame and commercials and wife and $$$ and contentment and early success... hard to keep it from adding up to "self-satisfaction".

Something has to reignite that fire... we can't afford for him to play his way back to that "chip"...

i honestly beleive that the only reason he had early success was because the nfl was not ready for him.....now that teams have been able to study him....he is struggling big time......having 3 different coaching systems does not help either.....

2 hours ago, browns52 said:

i honestly beleive that the only reason he had early success was because the nfl was not ready for him.....now that teams have been able to study him....he is struggling big time......having 3 different coaching systems does not help either.....

Yea, and like all things, that trend can go either way: Some QBs get figured out but counter and overcome the adjustments teams make on them. Usually, after a QB tears it up one season, they won't be as effective the next (See L. Jackson this year). Marino never saw his 1984 #s again, however, he still remained an elite QB his entire career; Other QBs, never overcome the adjustments. As of now, Baker looks like the latter. Rick Mirer never did as well: a promising rookie year and then trash from there on. I think some of it (not all) comes down to how hard the player is willing to work.  

24 minutes ago, Icecube said:

As of now, Baker looks like the latter. Rick Mirer never did as well: a promising rookie year and then trash from there on. I think some of it (not all) comes down to how hard the player is willing to work.  

To me Baker's work clearly lies in being able to read defenses both pre and post snap. When you watch Brees play, that is where Baker needs to go to be the player we want to see. It's night and day for sure. I also see that quality coming out in Tannehill. There was a play Sunday when he sent a man in motion towards him and then back to his original starting point just so he could see who on the defense was reacting and how they were reacting. Then he completed the snap and got it to the right receiver at the right spot. Brees does this kind of thing almost every play along with using his snap count to tip any possible blitzes and from where they are coming. Fun to watch him work.

On 10/19/2020 at 4:59 PM, browns52 said:

good observation...i saw that to.....he is no leader, that's for sure.....obj may be a cry baby at times....however, at least he tries to take leadership.....i guess we need to let stepanski do his thing....see what happens....we have no choice....another coaching chg in the near future would  be a just about the end of this franchise.....with this roster, something needs to change in a hurry....i know we are 4-2....but hell....the teams we beat are not very good...

I don't know, are you a leader if you take your shoes off with 8 minutes left in the game?