THE BROWNS BOARD

***Browns VS Steelers GAMEDAY Thread***

Ibleedbrown

5 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

How was that hit not helmet to helmet

The Browns have never, ever gotten a call in Pittsburgh. 

Cheap shot on Baker just before halftime, no flag. 

Despite that, the Browns just aren't quite there yet. It doesn't mean the season's over. 

• Upvote 1

Meh.

Odell our there with the flu

Landry with a hip injury 

Hunt has something wrong 

Chubb out

Baker Hurt

Teller Out

Half the defense out (and they aren’t that good to begin with)

They need to get healthy. Not going to get to excited either way about this one. Looked pretty grim going into it with that list, even full strength it was going to be a tough game. 

• Upvote 1

1-12 on 3rd down

and they kept throwing the same short slants and outs. 

Out coached by a hall of fame coach and our coach is a rookie 

1 hour ago, ATOM said:

WTF

you just saw why the steelers win sb's.....ol and dl dominance......the browns took a fucking beating today.......and don't anyone give me this shit about our injuries...chubb would have got is clock cleaned the way those stoolers were hitting....hope there are enough hot tubs at the facility.....whoooooo...what a fucking beating.....

• Upvote 1

It’s nice that we took an L and still have a good record at 4-2. I’m not dwelling on this game at all. 
Good news: We don’t play Pitt or Baltimore until December 14 on MNF against the Ratbirds and we will hopefully have Chubb back for that game. Both games at home.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Pitt is better right now.

Not just now, Pitt is better everyday and twice on Sundays.

This was supposed to be a test for both teams. I don't care if Chubb and Teller were out. Ain't no way this should have been a blowout. I'm disgusted.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Gorka said:

Not just now, Pitt is better everyday and twice on Sundays.

This was supposed to be a test for both teams. I don't care if Chubb and Teller were out. Ain't no way this should have been a blowout. I'm disgusted.

I’m not saying it wasn’t a bad game. I think even the coach deserves some blame. Both our starting safeties were out as well and Sendejo looks bad at times. Redwine is not that good. 
 Cleveland was more banged up. Even Baker was playing with a plate. He should’ve got pulled earlier IMO but that would’ve sent the wrong image. And it was Pittsburgh, a place where the Browns do not win. 
Smith looks like a solid LB. It will be nice to get the safeties back we should consider trading or signing another one.

26 minutes ago, browns52 said:

you just saw why the steelers win sb's.....ol and dl dominance......the browns took a fucking beating today.......and don't anyone give me this shit about our injuries...chubb would have got is clock cleaned the way those stoolers were hitting....hope there are enough hot tubs at the facility.....whoooooo...what a fucking beating.....

ya it sucked  maybe i will head downtown for some more punishment at the riots

Just now, Ibleedbrown said:

Welp, that was ugly. If the Browns are a playoff team it appears there are different tiers of playoff teams. Pittsburgh looked like they were on another level for sure. Hats off to them. Very interested in seeing how we bounce back from this. 

well its fucking cinci up next hopefully we will show a true measure of a football team and kick the living shit out of them

• Like 1

Thanks to Chris Pokorny.. I won't need to post anything else, because Chris saw the same thing as most here saw.. including myself

• One of the most disappointing things to see in a Browns-Steelers game is when the intensity level is visibly different between the two teams, and that was the case all game long here. Pittsburgh hit way harder and with anticipation on every play. They owned the trenches on both sides of the ball. It wasn’t even close, either — in terms of intensity, Pittsburgh was playing at a 10/10, while Cleveland looked incapable, scared, or unwilling to even register a 2/10 on that scale.
  • The blame this week falls more on the offense. Yes, the defense wasn’t good either, but Mayfield turned the ball over twice early, and the offensive line couldn’t even handle four-man rushes. *The Steelers were getting such great jumps off the snap that plays were over before they could even get started* 
  • It wasn’t Stefanski’s best job. I think he put faith in his offensive line to handle the pressure, but they didn’t.

Well Done, Chris..

We can't keep using Baker Mayfield as this teams losing pinata...  This crap fest took all 46 orange helmets, including coaches.... Stef! Ya can't have any success calling running plays against Pittsburgh or the Ravens, starting your one back sets 6-7-8 yards deep from the LOS..including Nick Chubb.. Certainly ya tip your cap to a better athletic defense.. But not making any adjustments on it? Falls on said play caller...        

• Upvote 1

I gotta deep dive this one... while we were overmatched we weren't this overmatched.

Specifically I want to see...

• ... if we ran left at all. I can't remember a single time we did. Makes no sense since we had some success right and Hubbard's was by all accounts our worst run-blocker last week.
  • ... if we ran out of a 21, 22, or 23 set. Only times I remember seeing Jano were as the singleback flanking Baker in the gun for PassPro. Says we don't have another RB besides Hunt who can PassPro. Every time we showed this set we might as well said, "Pass... and the pocket ain't moving."
  • ... how much did we move the pocket? Less by design in this game than any in the past 4 weeks... but IIRC when we did, Baker was effective.
  • ... where was Njoku? Can't recall a pass in his direction. I do remember seeing him turn in a 360 degree circle watching Dupree run around him and getting back into a run stop. David... it's fine to watch him take himself out of a play, but not to let him back into it.

Lastly I want to see any hint of an Offensive gameplan... cause it sure was not obvious upon viewing it live.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I gotta deep dive this one... while we were overmatched we weren't this overmatched.

Specifically I want to see...

• ... if we ran left at all. I can't remember a single time we did. Makes no sense since we had some success right and Hubbard's was by all accounts our worst run-blocker last week.
  • ... if we ran out of a 21, 22, or 23 set. Only times I remember seeing Jano were as the singleback flanking Baker in the gun for PassPro. Says we don't have another RB besides Hunt who can PassPro. Every time we showed this set we might as well said, "Pass... and the pocket ain't moving."
  • ... how much did we move the pocket? Less by design in this game than any in the past 4 weeks... but IIRC when we did, Baker was effective.
  • ... where was Njoku? Can't recall a pass in his direction. I do remember seeing him turn in a 360 degree circle watching Dupree run around him and getting back into a run stop. David... it's fine to watch him take himself out of a play, but not to let him back into it.

Lastly I want to see any hint of an Offensive gameplan... cause it sure was not obvious upon viewing it live.

Re: Jano - we ran some offset I looks with him.