THE BROWNS BOARD

McIntyre: "They STEEL can't beat us here."

Icecube

Jason McIntyre does a piece on "The Herd" called "Tomorrow's headlines today" where he makes predictions. He said Tomlin is 13-0 at home vs. the Browns and that that streak will continue. 

Anyhow, he said the Browns will make the playoffs, but they are too beat up for this game and their safeties are just the worst. He said it will be a Pitt blow out. 

I don't agree. Pitt has only beat bad teams, and they barely beat any of them. Cleveland is better than all those teams (NYG, Denver, Houston, Philly) and will at least make it a game. Although, once again, OBJ was too sick to practice today, I think.  

2 hours ago, Icecube said:

I don't agree. Pitt has only beat bad teams, and they barely beat any of them. Cleveland is better than all those teams (NYG, Denver, Houston, Philly) and will at least make it a game. 

The only way to forge forward is to win this game. The Browns have certainly surprised me so far, it's great.

Yeah, 3 Rivers & Heinz Field are  historically bad houses of horrors for the Browns, going back into the early 70s. 

I just hope we're happy as hell around 4-430pm. Not a great matchup for our D, but I agree with you, it can be done. 

Survive the 1st quarter and who knows. 

One other thing...the Steelers run tons of pick plays, hardly ever get called for offensive PI. I hope I don't break my tv.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

The only way to forge forward is to win this game. The Browns have certainly surprised me so far, it's great.

Yeah, 3 Rivers & Heinz Field are  historically bad houses of horrors for the Browns, going back into the early 70s. 

I just hope we're happy as hell around 4-430pm. Not a great matchup for our D, but I agree with you, it can be done. 

Survive the 1st quarter and who knows. 

One other thing...the Steelers run tons of pick plays, hardly ever get called for offensive PI. I hope I don't break my tv.

If the Browns get the rush going, they should win. If not, odds not good. If they can't rush, TJ, Dupree, Tuitt, Bush and their other goons are gonna come at Baker big time. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Icecube said:

I don't agree. Pitt has only beat bad teams, and they barely beat any of them.

That's been the major talking point leading up to this game, but don't buy into it too much.

Look how often we said how New England had benefited from playing weak teams,  yet when it came time to beat a good team they did that too.

• Upvote 2

Well, I am hoping the squealers are squealing after this game.

my concern is them cheapshotting Baker in the ribs, like after a play is over. away from the play.

anyways....

I am hoping for a big Browns win.

like:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/198909100pit.htm

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Icecube said:

If the Browns get the rush going, they should win. If not, odds not good. If they can't rush, TJ, Dupree, Tuitt, Bush and their other goons are gonna come at Baker big time. 

Major key point here. I don't think even with Myles Garrett playing at DPOY level we can hold their Offense, so the best way we can defend is by not letting them have the ball and making long drives eating up clock. I think that it worked against Rivers too. Not only the pressure hit him, but also the fact that he had way less time on the field because Browns' drives were long. Making their O impatient can help us. 

• Upvote 1

Stefanski has proven himself to be a brilliant hc, along with his staff. Baker is reportedly fine - I believe this

may be the biggest game for the Browns' TE's so far. Baker will be ready for blitzes - the pukeboogers blitz like crazy.

I expect a few wrinkles in defense. Without Chubb, the squealers will stack to shut down the run on first down, then try to shut down quick passes on second, and try to force the Browns offense into third and longs, and go crazy after them.

First Browns play of the game - throw the freakin safe pass downfield. Get them wondering "wtf" from the first. Then start running at them. Me, I would play a lot of two back sets here and there, often? to protect Baker. They will come after his ribs, cheapshots is what they do. They draft dirty cheapshot players like Pollywannacrackyu.

It's history - first offensive play - bengals -playoff game vs the squealers... they took out Palmer's knee. That is just one example.

Going to be a very rough game. Can't force the ball to OBJ.

The Browns have injuries.... hope most of them can make the game.

Even our excellent punter is questionable. dammit.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/injuries/_/name/cle

Cleveland Browns Injuries Oct 16

21 hours ago, Icecube said:

He said it will be a Pitt blow out. 

While I don't see "blow out", I am more concerned with each Injury and Practice report that the possibility grows.

Even with us 100% this would be a tough road win. There is a lot of history in addition to an established, very good team awaiting us Sunday. While I agree that PTG has not played a good team to this point in the season, with the exception of BLT neither have we. The combined record of the teams we have beaten is better than PTG's by virtue of a tie.

And now we are looking at playing with as many as 5 starters sidelined by injury/illness and as many again playing hurt. Meanwhile PTG is relatively healthy. Not exactly confidence inspiring...