THE BROWNS BOARD

Damarius Randall

Nero

Talking about safeties, I feel like we have in Sendejo de same thing as Peppers. A guy that tackles well, but has performed very poorly on coverage. It's even worse than Peppers because he has less speed and as Peppers was told to work 75 yards away from the LOS, we didn't get as many big plays coming his way (though we had many teams going 10 by 10 yards on pass plays against us). 

So, I was thinking about a guy that played as a safety-cornerback in college IIRC, got wasted as CB in a Capers' bad defense in Green Bay (again IIRC), and resurged in Cleveland as a safety. 

He's been in Seattle's practice squad and has been only elevated to the team after some injuries in their secondary, like S Jamal Adams, as I've just read. 

Remind me why this guy is worse than Sendejo, or why can't we give him some use if our secondary is so bad. Overpaying? System? Injuries? I'm just curious. 

If I remember right he wasn’t very healthy his last year here, and there was something going on with him, as I think they left him at home (didn’t even travel) with the team to the Pittsburgh game.  I remember him complaining that he didn’t have a concussion and he disagreed with the medical staff when he was out for 2-3 weeks with a “concussion” 

I’d gladly take him back on the off chance he could actually cover someone.... hell I read today the Giants are looking to move Peppers.... give them a 5th for him...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, hx214 said:

I’d gladly take him back on the off chance he could actually cover someone.... hell I read today the Giants are looking to move Peppers.... give them a 5th for him.

I'd take Peppers back but he and Harrison are similar players. We need a free safety that can cover. If Randall's head is out of his ass, I'll take him, but he was a definite head case. 

2 hours ago, Neo said:

How did we ever let Tayshaun Gipson get away,

Pig-headedness.  Sashi figured that they were 3-13 WITH them , so they weren't worth paying to keep.  And Gipson had made the pro bowl while with us.

On Randall... something was going on behind the scenes with him in addition to a lack of production on-field (zero INTs).

About the last we saw of him was in the first PTG when he was ejected for a helmet to helmet hit. He claimed he received death threats after that. Maybe one of them was from Kitchens... In any case he was left in CLE 2 weeks later when we traveled to PTG for the rematch. There were rumors of "an incident" that prior week. Kitchens stated that he was left home "for the benefit of 52 other players."

https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/nfl/browns/freddie-kitchens-leaving-damarious-randall-home-for-road-trip-was-decision-for-52-other-cleveland-browns/95-e1c27695-7ed9-47ff-b151-f3965cf3e49e

Anywho then LVR signed him in the off-season to a one-year, $3.25mm deal... and released him on Sept. 9th. No reason was given.

As for Poyer... his last season with us he appeared in only 6 games.

Gipson? We were going into a massive rebuilding and JAX laid a wad of cash in front of him...

image.thumb.png.51ce919e99c4fff145029199b7cfb6fd.png

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Adding to the collection & No! to D. Randall coming back... but I thought K'wan Williams got the worst send off from the Browns brass.. On August 16th 2016.."Were going to suspend you for 2 weeks, for conduct detrimental to the team" than also fine you the next day 🙃.. Come to find out.. A hairline fracture, is still a broken bone that he refused to play with & browns medical staff refused to say was broken.... Ah yes<<the good old days... K'Wan just went to 49'ers IR this week..now age 29.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Adding to the collection & No! to D. Randall coming back... but I thought K'wan Williams got the worst send off from the Browns brass.. On August 16th 2016.."Were going to suspend you for 2 weeks, for conduct detrimental to the team" than also fine you the next day 🙃.. Come to find out.. A hairline fracture, is still a broken bone that he refused to play with & browns medical staff refused to say was broken.... Ah yes<<the good old days... K'Wan just went to 49'ers IR this week..now age 29.

Didn't Butch Davis tell the media once that Kelly Holcomb had a teensy weensy fractured leg? 🤣

On 10/15/2020 at 4:56 PM, Neo said:

Just sayin, Gipson was the best cover safety we had in a long time. Look what Demario Davis has become in NO. And we all know what Schobert can do.

That Davis trade never made much sense to me. Guy was a solid player. Traded him for that safety that got cut in preseason the following year before getting in a locker room fight. Basically just threw Davis away

3 minutes ago, hx214 said:

That Davis trade never made much sense to me. Guy was a solid player. Traded him for that safety that got cut in preseason the following year before getting in a locker room fight. Basically just threw Davis away

Browns were in full tank mode then.