THE BROWNS BOARD

Expectations

The Gipper

Per what an announcer said on ESPN,   the Browns supposedly have the 2d easiest remaining schedule.  I assume that is on the basis of their future opponents current records.  Here is that schedule:

6 Sun October 18 1:00PM ET preview       @ Pittsburgh Steelers                              
7 Sun October 25 1:00PM ET preview       @ Cincinnati Bengals                              
8 Sun November 1 1:00PM ET preview         Las Vegas Raiders                              
9                 Bye Week                              
10 Sun November 15 1:00PM ET preview         Houston Texans                              
11 Sun November 22 1:00PM ET preview         Philadelphia Eagles                              
12 Sun November 29 1:00PM ET preview       @ Jacksonville Jaguars                              
13 Sun December 6 1:00PM ET preview       @ Tennessee Titans                              
14 Mon December 14 8:00PM ET preview         Baltimore Ravens                              
15 Sun December 20 1:00PM ET preview       @ New York Giants                              
16 Sun December 27 12:00PM ET preview       @ New York Jets                              
17 Sun January 3 1:00PM ET preview         Pittsburgh Steelers

It looks to me that we have a combination of game against, yes, the worst teams going,  but also games against the Best teams going.

Winless Giants and Jets.  1 win Jags, Eagles Texans, Bengals.

Who here does not expect the Browns to win each and every one of those games?  Should we not expect  6 more victories in those games (which would give us 10 wins!!)

But....they also play undefeated Steelers (twice)  and Titans.  One loss Ravens.  And the two loss Raiders who just took down the defending Champ Chiefs. 

Fact is, we may not win all those games vs. the "bad teams"  nor lose all those games against the "good teams". 

So, what are your expectations at this point? 

8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Per what an announcer said on ESPN,   the Browns supposedly have the 2d easiest remaining schedule.  I assume that is on the basis of their future opponents current records.  Here is that schedule:

It looks to me that we have a combination of game against, yes, the worst teams going,  but also games against the Best teams going.

Who here does not expect the Browns to win each and every one of those games?  Should we not expect  6 more victories in those games (which would give us 10 wins!!)

But....they also play undefeated Steelers (twice)  and Titans.  One loss Ravens.  And the two loss Raiders who just took down the defending Champ Chiefs. 

Fact is, we may not win all those games vs. the "bad teams"  nor lose all those games against the "good teams". 

So, what are your expectations at this point? 

And the Tit-tians just took down the 4-0 Bills....  This upcoming game with the Squealers is HUGE!!!!  My nephews have no confidence.... 

• Haha 1

The Browns have exceeded my expectations so far, let's see if they can stay healthy . I hope Chubb doesn't turn out to be made of glass, he has been pretty durable so far, but RB's take a beating. Knowing Hunt still has that groin problem doesn't make me feel any better. Do we take a flier on Le'veon Bell if Chubb remains sidelined?

1 hour ago, Neo said:

The Browns have exceeded my expectations so far, let's see if they can stay healthy . I hope Chubb doesn't turn out to be made of glass, he has been pretty durable so far, but RB's take a beating. Knowing Hunt still has that groin problem doesn't make me feel any better. Do we take a flier on Le'veon Bell if Chubb remains sidelined?

Bell is free to sign anywhere.   And as I understand, the team that signs him just has to pay him the Veteran minimum.  The Jets have to pick up the rest of his salary for this year. 

I would take him over say, Dontrel Hilliard. 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Bell is free to sign anywhere.   And as I understand, the team that signs him just has to pay him the Veteran minimum.  The Jets have to pick up the rest of his salary for this year. 

I say bring him in. We're 4-1, the goal is to keep the ball rolling. Nobody knows how long Chubb in going to be out or how long it will take for Hunt to go down. We should be shooting for the playoffs so bringing in another weapon makes sense. Bell is only 28 and the reason the Jets released him is because he didn't fit. 

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

He's supposedly picking between 5 teams and Cleveland isn't one.  Reports suggest: Miami, KC, New England, Las Vegas and Chicago. I think he's going to end up in New England or KC but KC really doesn't need a running back and NE does.  Harris is still unproven. KC on the other hand of that group gives him the best chance most likely at a super bowl despite the Chiefs losing to the raiders.

4 hours ago, Neo said:

Bell has been a problem child with two teams now- and we don't need the distraction as long as Hunt stays 1\2 healthy. Vag is right on Belichick and the Patriots having a way with head cases. He misbehaves there he's gone as fast as you can say um you know- that WR with a drug problem who used to play for the Browns.... :) 

• Upvote 2

On 10/13/2020 at 5:47 PM, Browns149 said:

10-6 and a wildcard game

This is a big pivitol week,  the early Thursday line is CLE +3 on the road having started at CLE +5.5 so the money says this is pretty much an even contest on a neutral field....... we'll see about that at Sunday at 1 pm in Pittsburgh.

If the BROWNS can pull this off at 5-1 and a tiebreaker over Pittsburgh with the big AFCN game vs Pittsburgh January 3rd in Cleveland, whoa.  At the start of the 4:25 games 10-6 looks very doable almost a lock with their remaining schedule.

Lose this game and still be 4-2 and have a decent chance at the postseason.

GO BROWNS, oh my God I'm getting that crazy feeling again before a CLE/PIT game what can it be...... baby !  :o

Just read it for yourself:.    https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/?s=789

Screenshot_2020-10-15_032804.jpg

Bell wasn't a problem child at Jets.. Gase is all ego without either skill or accomplishment.  Think Bill OBrien without the winning.  Bell hasn't put up stats because that offense is abysmal.

I'd say give him a flier, he might choose Cleveland because of the OL and opportunity.  Pats may not go for him bc they've put a lot of draft capital into RB recently.

• Upvote 2

Good thing about Bell is that you can tell him: 'OK, we pay you 500,000 this year, you work behind the best run Oline and we'll see next offseason.'

That way the Jets still have to eat up most of his salary (and he won't mind it, probably he likes it), he has a good opportunity to put up big numbers thanks to the OLine to get a contending team interested, and he can mess with the Steelers being in the same division. It also helps that the Browns currently look good. 

Only setback for him is that we already have Chubb and Hunt and the former doesn't have a season ending injury, so if all three are healthy it's going to be hard to keep all of them fed (though I would love keeping Baker throwing under 10 yard passes al the time). It's just like we won't sign any good FA WR because no one is going to come until we get rid of either Landry or OBJ simply because you can't keep everyone happy.   

3 hours ago, Nero said:

Good thing about Bell is that you can tell him: 'OK, we pay you 500,000 this year, you work behind the best run Oline and we'll see next offseason.'

Similar to the Hunt situation here, signed him for two right before Chubb went down.

But he is a Cleveland kids living out his dream.......for 2/$15M.    ;)

On 10/13/2020 at 5:20 PM, The Gipper said:

I think this year is different but how many times over the years have we seen post like this only to have the Browns fall apart...lets take it one game at a time

52 minutes ago, Footbalfan1962 said:

I think this year is different but how many times over the years have we seen post like this only to have the Browns fall apart...lets take it one game at a time

I'll move up from 6-10 to 7-9.😱🤗

I'm expecting* Stef will announce today that Case Keenum will be starting in Pittsburgh.. :o.yikes!.😯..  would this not be the Stef move to make Tomlin's head explode? Why not even wait on announcing it? Oh!!   let's say, how bout waiting until game time? Baker becomes emergency back-up QB for only Steeler week..  

ok, now where's my meds & a pot of coffee? ? Wake up! I too, had a dream...

7 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

I'm expecting* Stef will announce today that Case Keenum will be starting in Pittsburgh.. :o.yikes!.😯..  would this not be the Stef move to make Tomlin's head explode? Why not even wait on announcing it? Oh!!   let's say, how bout waiting until game time? Baker becomes emergency back-up QB for only Steeler week..  

ok, now where's my meds & a pot of coffee? ? Wake up! I too, had a dream...

I still wonder about the possible arm injury with Baker.

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

after rewinding several times Bakes last attempted throw? I can't disagree with this at all ^^ where's he taking the shot? Shoulder or Ribs?.. they certainly ain't tell'in.. Hoping we see FULL* on today's Injury report 🤞

On 10/16/2020 at 6:52 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

Fucked up ribs effects all of it.  Think of the torso torque when throwing a nfl pass, it's definitely not helpings bakers cause.  The silver lining with baker is he has all the moxie in the world.  He isn't going to easily lose his confidence.  The browns as a whole just need to get better and healthier and for fucks sake stick with a coach for more than a couple seasons.

6 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Fucked up ribs effects all of it.  Think of the torso torque when throwing a nfl pass, it's definitely not helpings bakers cause.  The silver lining with baker is he has all the moxie in the world.  He isn't going to easily lose his confidence.  The browns as a whole just need to get better and healthier and for fucks sake stick with a coach for more than a couple seasons.

Ribs, depending on area, affect lats (dorsal) which can run up into your posterior delts (shoulder)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Ribs, depending on area, affect lats (dorsal) which can run up into your posterior delts (shoulder)

Yep.  I like Baker.  Frankly I always have liked Baker and I think we will get better.  He just needs continuity and a fleshed out system.  

"Mama, didn't raise no wuss" was a great line from him before this game.  He just got knocked around because as i said leading into this our pass rush is relentless.  Cam knocked him pretty good at one point and that was pretty much when he was done for the game despite staying in.

15 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

The browns as a whole just need to get better and healthier and for fucks sake stick with a coach for more than a couple seasons.

Absolutely. 

The Steelers have talented players, of course, but most importantly they have a stable system in place that allows them to bring in new players and coaches and keep rolling. They are not forced to "reinvent the wheel" every two seasons like they are in Cleveland. Its why some nobody named Spillane can come in and replace Bush and make plays all over the place. It's why they can let guys go to free agency and keep chugging along. 

• Upvote 1