THE BROWNS BOARD

Long Time Coming

BrownsfaninPa

HOW BOUT THEM BROWNS !! WOW i'm loving to see this team win games and scoring points. As of today, the Browns are 4-1. Haven't had a record like this since way back in 1994. It feels good to see a team you have cheered for have a winning record . I know its early, and crazy things happen from week to week. Just look what happened to Dak Prescott of the Cowboys. We face the long time rivals the Steelers this week. I feel we can beat them. The Steelers didn't look too impressive against the Eagles this past week. GO BROWNS !!

• Like 1

I like the Browns in this matchup..... But you can bet the Stoolers will be up for this game.... I expect Ben to have a good game... Let's hope MG and the boys can play a physical game and come away healthy...

7 hours ago, BrownsfaninPa said:

Yes, and I hope Miles don't rip off any helmets and swing it at the player.

Plus lying about being called a racial slur isn't gonna fly a second time.

Nevertheless, I believe Myles is gonna reek havoc in the Steeler backfield.  Their tackle Villanueva from what I've heard has not been playing all that well.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Gorka said:

Plus lying about being called a racial slur isn't gonna fly a second time.

Ya cause you know.... Myles has really lied about all kinds of things his whole career, and his character has been a real issue. Has really shown he is a hot head and flips out over things every game....

20 minutes ago, hx214 said:

Ya cause you know.... Myles has really lied about all kinds of things his whole career, and his character has been a real issue. Has really shown he is a hot head and flips out over things every game....

That's because he probably never put himself in such a horrible situation to where he had to lie.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I believe Myles...

There is not a single person that was on that field that could quantify what Garrett was saying.  I'm not a big Rudolph fan, he's a trump guy I believe so to be fair i wouldn't be shocked if he said the n-bomb. HOWEVER no one could corroborate what Garrett claims and no one on the Steelers would condone that sort of slur. Garrett didn't like that Rudolph came charging at him and things were more than chippy before it happened.  Garrett flipped out and smacked him over the dome with a helmet and instead of just owning that he had a alpha moment he tried to make it about race.  The man got fried for his actions and suspended accordingly.  You all should really let it die, hunt is still talking about it like it's some sort of motivation and for me that shows a lack of fucking focus.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

There is not a single person that was on that field that could quantify what Garrett was saying.  I'm not a big Rudolph fan, he's a trump guy I believe so to be fair i wouldn't be shocked if he said the n-bomb. HOWEVER no one could corroborate what Garrett claims and no one on the Steelers would condone that sort of slur. Garrett didn't like that Rudolph came charging at him and things were more than chippy before it happened.  Garrett flipped out and smacked him over the dome with a helmet and instead of just owning that he had a alpha moment he tried to make it about race.  The man got fried for his actions and suspended accordingly.  You all should really let it die, hunt is still talking about it like it's some sort of motivation and for me that shows a lack of fucking focus.  

I'm not sure Pitt has forgotten. Mason may have, but he's not playing. Pitt may try some street justice, and that doesn't mean they have to do anything illegal. They may send some double blocks Myles way. You know Pouncey would love some chances, if he plays. 

18 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I believe Myles...

I believe him too and back him up right up to the point where he (get ready, old crap rehash) took an opponents helmet and hit him in the head with it.  He turned from rightously right to dumb dumb Myles.

People make ethnic slurs and other stuff frequently in pileups but you just don't fall for it and move on...... without getting tossed for the season -and- losing a ton-o-money in the process.  Punch him you get a fine maybe lose a game or two -but- hit a guy in the head with a helmet OMG little old ladies hate you.

Ok I'm glad that's over......I hope.

Screenshot_2019-11-20_073249.jpg

8 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Evidence supports Garrett 

10 hours ago, Vagitron said:

... no one on the Steelers would condone that sort of slur.

But there are plenty that would out a teammate for uttering it?

BTW... when you believe someone, you don't need verification.

If we were closer to full strength I'd probably pick us. But Pittsburgh likes the short passing game and it's going to be a problem. Add in the fact that Baker is really hurting, I don't love it. I'm happy with Baker's process, but he's still doing some things that terrify me. He's STILL missing high, and high over the middle, and for whatever reason, he cannot hit the RB out of the backfield. I have no clue why, and many analysts are bringing this up as well, but it's a giant issue and one that isn't improving. 

I'm excited about Baker Mayfield and his progression, but we need him to fix these issues if he's ever going to make the leap from pretty good to very good. Now, this isn't me hating on Baker, far from it. He made several BIG TIME throws last week when we needed them. Both his TD passes were absolutely gorgeous, both for different reasons. 

The one to Hunt was the result of poor play design but excellent improv by Baker. Hunt was barely open actually, and from the end zone camera you can see why Baker threw it. Hunt's defender had his back to Baker so he threw it high and outside so only Hunt could get it. Terrific toss, amazing catch. This is an example of Baker throwing somebody open, and it's what the good ones do. 

The TD pass to Higgins is equally impressive, although for different reasons. This was a play where Baker recognized the safety took a tiny step toward the middle right after the snap. Baker sees this and immediately fires a ball to Higgins that's high and outside again, once more throwing someone open. What I love is that Baker executed this score within the confines of our offense. It wasn't a broken play. Baker understood the defense, knew what he saw, trusted his eyes, and fired a supremely accurate ball. LOVE IT. 

I believe that there was something said. Was it a racial slur or what, I don't know, but I could see there was a change in how Myles was acting and the events occurred from the point both of them where head to head on the grass onwards.

I think that with those helmets and being so close in a football field full of noise, is SO easy to mutter something that only the player is directed to can hear. I can't believe that a guy so calm as Myles Garrett suddenly became psycothic. 

Having said that, I would never defend Garrett. He could have killed Mason or get him seriously injured. Or permanent brain damage. There is no word that would justify for me doing what he did and I'm pretty sure he knows it. 

If there are any audios capturing the moment proving what was said or not, I bet that they would have been leaked by someone by now. So it's Myles' word against Mason's, and one of them hit with a fucking 5lb helmet the other in the head, so he doesn't have much credit. 

One thing is for certain, the chip on Myles' shoulder is going to be Huuuuuge (< conjure up anyone specific in your head? Maybe someone Cheeto like?)

Anyway, that chip is only going to help the Browns and just might be the difference on a play late in the 4th. 

A combined record of 8-1, and one of the teams is actually us? Hell yea, I'll watch that game. 

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

If we were closer to full strength I'd probably pick us. But Pittsburgh likes the short passing game and it's going to be a problem. Add in the fact that Baker is really hurting, I don't love it. I'm happy with Baker's process, but he's still doing some things that terrify me. He's STILL missing high, and high over the middle, and for whatever reason, he cannot hit the RB out of the backfield. I have no clue why, and many analysts are bringing this up as well, but it's a giant issue and one that isn't improving. 

I'm excited about Baker Mayfield and his progression, but we need him to fix these issues if he's ever going to make the leap from pretty good to very good. Now, this isn't me hating on Baker, far from it. He made several BIG TIME throws last week when we needed them. Both his TD passes were absolutely gorgeous, both for different reasons. 

The one to Hunt was the result of poor play design but excellent improv by Baker. Hunt was barely open actually, and from the end zone camera you can see why Baker threw it. Hunt's defender had his back to Baker so he threw it high and outside so only Hunt could get it. Terrific toss, amazing catch. This is an example of Baker throwing somebody open, and it's what the good ones do. 

The TD pass to Higgins is equally impressive, although for different reasons. This was a play where Baker recognized the safety took a tiny step toward the middle right after the snap. Baker sees this and immediately fires a ball to Higgins that's high and outside again, once more throwing someone open. What I love is that Baker executed this score within the confines of our offense. It wasn't a broken play. Baker understood the defense, knew what he saw, trusted his eyes, and fired a supremely accurate ball. LOVE IT. 

His movement in the pocket in the first half of the Colts game was reminiscent of his play during his rookie year. 

Eyes downfield...feeling the rush but not bailing and standing in the pocket and good ball placement even with coverage present. I compared him to Russ Wilson in year 1 because of his ability to find throwing lanes within the pocket. 

19 hours ago, Vagitron said:

your a douche

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Footbalfan1962 said:

your a douche

What is douchie is lying about being called a racial slur to save face for the mans piss poor actions.  It's also "you're" so at least now your half assed comment applies.

On 10/14/2020 at 11:48 PM, Vagitron said:

I'm not a big Rudolph fan, he's a trump guy I believe so to be fair i wouldn't be shocked if he said the n-bomb.

You're a douche because I find this statement very offensive and it shows your mental incapacity.  I am not getting into politics because this is not the place for it..the mods should of deleted your post..and I can assure you I am most likely more well read than you...so don't question my grammar skills....my original post was written in haste.

image.png.ae9c05a3f83c2b7e2abb351c92ebea2b.png

Ok, decoder Gumby owners... I'have loaded this grammar nazi gem into your decoder's... Thar are still to be, no more grammar nazi questions axed*(sometimes asked*) of said Gumby 😅.. book it!!  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Ok, decoder Gumby owners... I'have loaded this grammar nazi gem into your decoder's... Thar are still to be, no more grammar nazi questions axed*(sometimes asked*) of said Gumby 😅.. book it!!  

You forgot to give them the decoder code.................................assed, as in don't assed me no more questions, use da ring.⛑️😁