THE BROWNS BOARD

3rd String QB

The Gipper

It was just revealed that the Cowboys snatched up  Garrett Gilbert off our practice squad.

That means the Browns need a  3rd stringer and will have to pick one up.

Here is a link to the available list:

https://nfltraderumors.co/2020-nfl-free-agent-list/

Some familiar names available:

Drew Stanton;   DeShone Kizer, Cody Kessler;  Kevin Hogan; Brock Osweiler

Other names:

Paxton Lynch

JT Barrett

Chad Kelly

Blake Bortles

Sam Bradford

Cardale Jones

Geno Smith

and, of course:   Colin Kaepernick

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

DeShone Kizer, Cody Kessler;  Kevin Hogan

A sighting of our 2017 QB room. I wonder how we went 0-16. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Why steal from the free list when apparently protected PS QB's can still get plucked?  https://nfltraderumors.co/nfl-practice-squad/ (last update from Sept. 6th) *how many weeks do teams need to keep other teams PS adds active on 53, (to become gameday inactive) before they can drop them down to PS?* (2-3 Games?)

a) The easy choice free would be A.Berry bringing back QB Kevin Davidson.. He liked him enough once. Why?

b) Because..Case Keenum is our Veteran back-up.. He eliminates bringing back Drew Stanton..but I'd bring back Josh McCown off Philly's PS far before Stanton.. I'd doubt on a Vet QB move here.. 

c) I'm a fan of two young PS QB's that may fit our QB room.. Bengals- Brandon Allen  Washington- Steven Montez

Unless Baker is ailing more than the media is writing? (shoulder) The front runner imo, is QB Kevin Davidson until further Bake sight evaluation 

Good Topic! But, sad to see that Garrett Gilbert was plucked from our good QB room.. Good Luck, Garrett!!

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

Why steal from the free list when apparently protected PS QB's can still get plucked?  https://nfltraderumors.co/nfl-practice-squad/ (last update from Sept. 6th) *how many weeks do teams need to keep other teams PS adds active on 53, (to become gameday inactive) before they can drop them down to PS?* (2-3 Games?)

a) The easy choice free would be A.Berry bringing back QB Kevin Davidson.. He liked him enough once. Why?

b) Because..Case Keenum is our Veteran back-up.. He eliminates bringing back Drew Stanton..but I'd bring back Josh McCown off Philly's PS far before Stanton.. I'd doubt on a Vet QB move here.. 

c) I'm a fan of two young PS QB's that may fit our QB room.. Bengals- Brandon Allen  Washington- Steven Montez

Unless Baker is ailing more than the media is writing? (shoulder) The front runner imo, is QB Kevin Davidson until further Bake sight evaluation 

Good Topic! But, sad to see that Garrett Gilbert was plucked from our good QB room.. Good Luck, Garrett!!

Pretty sure they have to go to the active 53 if you pluck a PS team player.

17 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

They do.  You can't move a player from a practice squad to your practice squad.

But what I have been unable to find is how long they are required to be on the 53 and if you drop them, can they go to your PS or must they be released entirely.

9 hours ago, nickers said:

The only name I like is Bradford but crikey... He's old.... And unreliable health wise...

5 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Good point.  If Gilbert Grape can be taken from us, we can take someone from another team. I was only listing those who were listed as being on the street. 

• Upvote 1

I guess a question here could be:   does Kaepernick even want to play  and would he accept being assigned to a Taxi Squad?

I suspect that if anything could bring him here it is the BFF  (Big Fleshy Fruit..i.e. Andrew Berry).  Young, African-American GM.  

But Gumby seems on the right track:   somebody that Stank is familiar with. 

14 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I guess a question here could be:   does Kaepernick even want to play  and would he accept being assigned to a Taxi Squad?

I suspect that if anything could bring him here it is the BFF  (Big Fleshy Fruit..i.e. Andrew Berry).  Young, African-American GM.  

But Gumby seems on the right track:   somebody that Stank is familiar with. 

I don't want krapernick... it would be a distraction to what is gelling here

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, nickers said:

I don't want krapernick... it would be a distraction to what is gelling here

It would only be a distractions if a bunch of turdbrains want to make it a distraction.  It would probably not be a distraction to the team....just to the people with turds for brains.  

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

It would only be a distractions if a bunch of turdbrains want to make it a distraction.  It would probably not be a distraction to the team....just to the people with turds for brains.  

You can live in fantasy land all you like.... But the Cleveland media would be all over this and you know it... You know they would love the opportunity to dredge up some sleazy shit.. They don't care if it's the Browns F.O. Or a player... Krapernick... For good or bad is a target... Don't be myopic....

6 minutes ago, nickers said:

You can live in fantasy land all you like.... But the Cleveland media would be all over this and you know it... You know they would love the opportunity to dredge up some sleazy shit.. They don't care if it's the Browns F.O. Or a player... Krapernick... For good or bad is a target... Don't be myopic....

Sleazy shit?  Not sure what you mean by that.

And let's get this clear....the person(s)  to whom it would be distracting are to YOU and your ilk. (and maybe, like you said, to the media who are just out for a story....but YOU would be the story. ) Fueled by your hate, you all would do your typical Rumpelstiltskin act and screw yourselves into the ground. 

But not to the team.  Not  to the players.  They would welcome him with open arms and they would just be there to play football. 

10 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Sleazy shit?  Not sure what you mean by that.

And let's get this clear....the person(s)  to whom it would be distracting are to YOU and your ilk. (and maybe, like you said, to the media who are just out for a story....but YOU would be the story. ) Fueled by your hate, you all would do your typical Rumpelstiltskin act and screw yourselves into the ground. 

But not to the team.  Not  to the players.  They would welcome him with open arms and they would just be there to play football. 

And here you did the typical lib move and brought politics in.. Good job Grandpa...🌽 <--- Stick that up your cornHolio! And have a 🍍

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nickers said:

And here you did the typical lib move

And here you're doing the typical conservative move by both bringing politics up and whining like a baby when you get slapped down because your view is both accurately interpreted by others and objectively incorrect.

Kaepernick isn't a starter because he has always locked onto his first target, but he does have an NFL backup arm - whether you like it or not.

And if Kaep wasn't correct with his politics, he wouldn't be Nike's chief spokesperson.  Social justice isn't a part of his deal with Nike -- it's the entirety of it. Stick that up your cornhole, loser conservatives.

1 hour ago, Unsympathetic said:

And here you're doing the typical conservative move by both bringing politics up and whining like a baby when you get slapped down because your view is both accurately interpreted by others and objectively incorrect.

Kaepernick isn't a starter because he has always locked onto his first target, but he does have an NFL backup arm - whether you like it or not.

And if Kaep wasn't correct with his politics, he wouldn't be Nike's chief spokesperson.  Social justice isn't a part of his deal with Nike -- it's the entirety of it. Stick that up your cornhole, loser conservatives.

Wow!!... Your mother must've beaten you senseless as a child... Have a pineapple Jack!...🍍

44 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

And here you're showing the typical conservative fascination with physical violence.

It's always fun to see you accept the reality: Nobody agrees with conservatives.

Wow... Sounds like you need anger management you child... Take your Ritalin and run along now...

4 hours ago, nickers said:

And here you did the typical lib move and brought politics in.. Good job Grandpa...🌽 <--- Stick that up your cornHolio! And have a 🍍

No I didn't.  You did.  Are you that far gone mentally that you don't even know what you do or say from one moment to another?  I talked about bringing in Kaepernick as a backup QB.   YOUR sorry ass was the one that brought up "distractions"...and I said that the only persons that would be distracted would be fucktards such as you...whose clear focus and attention in this area would be your hate. 

What particular distractions were you referring to if you were not referring to your hate?   Would the Browns be distracted by his Afro haircut?  By his wardrobe? By the jewelry he may wear?   What?   Like I said, the team, the players would have no issues, no distractions.  But, apparently, your brain exploding over it is the only distraction involved. 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

No I didn't.  You did.  Are you that far gone mentally that you don't even know what you do or say from one moment to another?  I talked about bringing in Kaepernick as a backup QB.   YOUR sorry ass was the one that brought up "distractions"...and I said that the only persons that would be distracted would be fucktards such as you...whose clear focus and attention in this area would be your hate. 

What particular distractions were you referring to if you were not referring to your hate?   Would the Browns be distracted by his Afro haircut?  By his wardrobe? By the jewelry he may wear?   What?   Like I said, the team, the players would have no issues, no distractions.  But, apparently, your brain exploding over it is the only distraction involved. 

Wow defensive much?... Maybe you need Ritalin too... yes I said Distractions... Your dumb Liberal ass made it political... The only fucktard here clearly is you...  Your wife should do a better job of getting the starch out of your collar.. Go take a midol you old chump...

7 hours ago, nickers said:

You know they would love the opportunity to dredge up some sleazy shit.. They don't care if it's the Browns F.O. Or a player... Krapernick... For good or bad is a target... Don't be myopic....

Actually true and not political, but the "atmosphere" has changed considerably since he became a lightening rod.

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Sweet 8lb, 6oz baby Jesus it could not be any more obvious that nickers needs laid. 😃

That can't be it... he's a guitar player!

Although his hair is short... so...