THE BROWNS BOARD

STEELER WEEK!

Tour2ma

12 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Im a Steeler fan, die hard but this take is pretty damn naive. You don't fear Ben? does it look like he lost a step? Prior to avulsing the tendons off his damn elbow he threw for 5000 yards, with a fucked up elbow.  He's now PAIN FREE for the first time in 14 years and you are just like "cool, it's just ben" lol

I know you all get mega hyped when the Browns don't look like a dumpster fire but good lord this is naive. I expect a good game but to say you "dont fear ben, and you don't fear our offensive weapons" means one thing to me.  You've not been paying attention.  We just had a rookie score 4 td's last week, he should have had 5.  He's 6'4, 225 and runs a  4.42  He's not even the first or second option normally. Tyson Alualu who is our current nose, when he's on the field opposing offenses are averaging 0.78 yards per carry, that is an actual stat.  He's bookended by Cam Heyward and Stephon Tuitt.  Who are you pushing around again? Fitzpatrick isn't getting the eye popping stats because teams are literally NOT throwing at him.  I'm sure it's a stat that can be dug up but they are avoiding his side of the field almost completely.  I'm glad you like your chances but you all, especially with the injuries do not match up well.

Let’s talk football...
Fitzpatrick:
Observation: I saw some good form tackling from Fitzpatrick on that TD run where he bounced off the back. It ain’t gonna be easier Sunday. 

Fact: He’s credited for giving up 9 receptions on 12 attempts.  

Conjecture: This probably doesn’t account for times when he plays centerfield and he has a zone he should be in.

Facts:No INTs, No FF, No Fumble Recoveries, No PDs.  

Alualu:

I’m not discrediting Alualu.  He’s going against an interior that’s playing well (from what we have observed and from PFF scores and our rush yards) so yes the key is to move him off the spot in the 3-4 scheme.  We’ve done well at the point of attack this season against some good fronts. 

Ben R.:

I think you have heard multiple takes on here regarding your offense.  If you think this is 2009 and Ben is Ben go ahead- have at it.  I actually give your play caller a lot of credit for adapting and not being a stubborn fool and trying for Ben to be young Ben. It’s QB friendly offense (much like ours) don’t be offended.  Your guy and our guy - game managers and honestly that’s not necessarily a bad thing but it certainly helps an opposing team game plan a little more.  It’s hard to game plan for what you face in Baltimore. 

The little dig on Browns being mega hyped now.  The same can be said about Claypool.  Let’s put the brakes on both hype trains and just see how Sunday unfolds 

35 minutes ago, Zombo said:

I had to shut down that third qb thread because it was all gay and pissy, but my question is ... If Gilbert is gone, and Baker is limited, how are we practicing with 1 QB? Who is running the scout team (and don't say Jarvis, he is out too)?

Z

Good question is Alex Van Pelt suiting up?  

12 hours ago, Vagitron said:

... even he still straps on the homer shades. 

To an extent, yes... as I am a Browns fan. Same as you... except for the wrong team.

But I stand by my analysis, such as it's been to this point, of this game as I am sure you do yours.

Again, while we have played and failed against one good team, you have faced none... you are about to face your first.

Going to double back now to SDBackers analysis and dive a little deeper.

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

Good question is Alex Van Pelt suiting up?  

If you have seen Alex's waistline lately, Lucy Van Pelt may be a better option..

Then again, he would be playing Ben ... so maybe.

Z

• Haha 1

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2020/10/14/cb-robert-jackson-signed-from-browns-practice-squad/

at this point, I'd think about starting Redwine at fs vs the squealers......

Maybe even start Robert Jackson (cb) instead of Sendejo.

maybe even start Mofatt instead of Sendejo.

dammit. (lol)

On 10/13/2020 at 4:48 PM, The Gipper said:

Nevertheless, per the play by play,   BR threw  42 passes.

Per the play by play, only 4 were described as "Deep"

Of his completions......19 of them were for single digit yards.  9 or less.....so not really much YAC even on these. 

9 of his completions were between 11 and 17 yards.

3 were for over 20 yards...including  a couple for the long TDs. 

What I don't know, and don't know where to get it,  is how much of the yardage in that game by the Steelers was  YAC. But when only 3 pass plays went for over 20 yards YAC may not have been a huge factor. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=401220175

Gipper- I'll let you look up how many times any team throws "deep routes". My guess is it's not a lot. What I'm far more worried about is one of the plays Claypool scored a TD on a swing pass, and the Steers had the play set up with three wrs out in front blocking for him. I'm sure the Browns DC duly noted it, and better have a defensive answer for it...  

16 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Are Gorka and DieHard the same person?  Dutch directs a comment at Gorka, and DieHard responds taking offense.  So, are they the same guy? 

AFAIK, they're not. I had to work overtime cleaning up the name calling and 95% of the political BS in this thread that I'm not going to tolerate here.... 

14 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Gipper- I'll let you look up how many times any team throws "deep routes". My guess is it's not a lot. What I'm far more worried about is one of the plays Claypool scored a TD on a swing pass, and the Steers had the play set up with three wrs out in front blocking for him. I'm sure the Browns DC duly noted it, and better have a defensive answer for it...  

AFAIK, they're not. I had to work overtime cleaning up the name calling and 95% of the political BS in this thread that I'm not going to tolerate here.... 

Thanks hoorta!  Hey babysitters make good money now from what I hear........oh yeah it's  pro bono here but we appreciate it just the same.  ;)

8 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Let’s talk football...
Fitzpatrick:
Observation: I saw some good form tackling from Fitzpatrick on that TD run where he bounced off the back. It ain’t gonna be easier Sunday. 

Fact: He’s credited for giving up 9 receptions on 12 attempts.  

Conjecture: This probably doesn’t account for times when he plays centerfield and he has a zone he should be in.

Facts:No INTs, No FF, No Fumble Recoveries, No PDs.  

Alualu:

I’m not discrediting Alualu.  He’s going against an interior that’s playing well (from what we have observed and from PFF scores and our rush yards) so yes the key is to move him off the spot in the 3-4 scheme.  We’ve done well at the point of attack this season against some good fronts. 

Ben R.:

I think you have heard multiple takes on here regarding your offense.  If you think this is 2009 and Ben is Ben go ahead- have at it.  I actually give your play caller a lot of credit for adapting and not being a stubborn fool and trying for Ben to be young Ben. It’s QB friendly offense (much like ours) don’t be offended.  Your guy and our guy - game managers and honestly that’s not necessarily a bad thing but it certainly helps an opposing team game plan a little more.  It’s hard to game plan for what you face in Baltimore. 

The little dig on Browns being mega hyped now.  The same can be said about Claypool.  Let’s put the brakes on both hype trains and just see how Sunday unfolds 

And how the league determines credited targets has always been weird, teams aren't throwing at Fitzpatrick.  He fucked up on that tackle because he thought he could shoulder him down.  He very clearly should have wrapped up but that's is neither here nor there as he has never had an issue with tackling. A moot point to the max.

No one has moved Alualu to this point and once again he's bookended up two extremely good defensive ends.  You aren't pushing them around, I don't believe I've ever seen any of them get really pushed around. He's also done more than well the stat I listed is real, it's less than a yard per carry when he's on the field.

Now as far as Ben is concerned and I know i mentioned this before, he was out almost all of last year.  How many yards did he throw the year prior?  I'm not sure why some don't seem to understand what an avulsed tendon is but it's pretty damn bad and that surgery by all intents and purposes went very well.  He's working through his throws without having to compensate for pain and even in training camp receivers were talking about the ball "whistling".  Ben does not have an issue with arm strength and he's the same QB he's been for a while.  He hasn't lost it like Brees or Brady.

I only mentioned claypool because he went off but i'm fully aware that he's a rookie.  He's a rookie with freakish measurables but a rookie none the less.  He's also probably 4th on our depth chart.  You are allowed to be hyped on the Browns, I would be if I were a browns fan but people acting like this is going to be smooth sailing are sorely mistaken.

Ben IS NOT a game manager.

7 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

To an extent, yes... as I am a Browns fan. Same as you... except for the wrong team.

But I stand by my analysis, such as it's been to this point, of this game as I am sure you do yours.

Again, while we have played and failed against one good team, you have faced none... you are about to face your first.

Going to double back now to SDBackers analysis and dive a little deeper.

I was just giving you a hard time.  I definitely throw on my shades too.

HOWEVER acting like we've played no one is comical, i don't care about the combined win/loss.  Houston nor the Eagles are a bad team, the eagles have a extremely good defensive line that is deep enough to trot out a second.  The damn announcers talked about it all game long about how they have essentially two starting defensive lines.  You all play them, lets see how you fare when the time comes.

9 hours ago, Zombo said:

This is the only week you are here, the thread is all about you, but you are not a troll. Alrighty then.

I understand the board is fucked up. We need an update and neither I nor Kathy have Stan's password to do that. So we will contact them and see what we can do. When I get some time. Not this morning. It's 2020, deal with it.

Zombo

The only week I'm here? i read in here all the time.  I just don't feel the need to post and i'm posting more frequently this week for good reason.  If you think i'm a troll, thats on you z-bone. As far as the board is concerned I only kept mentioning it because i wanted it to be known it was an issue.  I don't mind jumping on my laptop and my phone not working well with the board just keeps me off it, lol.  I certainly know there has been some unique adversity here since stan passed away, no big deal.  I should have just shot you a DM but each day it got progressively worse.  I won't even try it now.  You do you Zombo, 2020 sucks and there are a lot of things going on that are far more important than making sure this board works on mobile.

and for those that like to mention PFF (I'm not a fan) our rookie Guard dotson was just rated the best pass blocking guard in the league.  Decastro is almost certainly not playing this week.  Pouncey was a full participant today, as was diontae johnson.

8 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Article title at end of link...

Cleveland Browns should replace Andrew Sendejo

by Steve Gessic Jr 1 week ago

Can you say clickbait? I knew you could...

2 hours ago, Vagitron said:
  1. He fucked up on that tackle because he thought he could shoulder him down.
  2. ... he has never had an issue with tackling.

and for those that like to mention PFF (I'm not a fan) our rookie Guard dotson was just rated the best pass blocking guard in the league.  Decastro is almost certainly not playing this week.  Pouncey was a full participant today, as was diontae johnson.

twas not G/C Stephen Wisniewski suppose to be elevated from IR this week? any news on if she's practicing? As a Toledo grad.. I personally won't miss WR Diontae Johnson on your KO or Punt return unit's.. Our defensive return ST's units have suck'd this season 😇 

1. I was just giving you a hard time.  I definitely throw on my shades too.
  2. HOWEVER acting like we've played no one is comical, i don't care about the combined win/loss.  Houston nor the Eagles are a bad team, the eagles have a extremely good defensive line that is deep enough to trot out a second.  The damn announcers talked about it all game long about how they have essentially two starting defensive lines.  You all play them, lets see how you fare when the time comes.
  1. Fair enough...
  2. Thanks... I'll be here all week?

But (once again) I must point out that HOU:

• quit playing for O'Brien.
  • is dead last in rushing yards allowed.
  • is -5 in turnover ratio.
  • T-27th in sacks allowed.

HOU may not be bad now, but they were when you played them.

And PHI...

• is #18 in run D.
  • is -6 in turnover ratio.
  • 14th in rushing.
  • 30th in sacks allowed.

The Iggles are mediocre at best... so tell me more about Philly's DL... 4 of the 22 starters they put on the field.

18 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Did you spend time on the political board today sir spins a lot?  It was a bad "tackle" but he does not have a career issue with tackling. 

You said "never"... only takes one time to invalidate that.

Quit arguing with yourself.

5 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

twas not G/C Stephen Wisniewski suppose to be elevated from IR this week? any news on if she's practicing? As a Toledo grad.. I personally won't miss WR Diontae Johnson on your KO or Punt return unit's.. Our defensive return ST's units have suck'd this season 😇 

Honestly Ray Ray Mcloud has been super good on returns.  I'm glad Johnson won't be back there much anymore.  Johnson was limited in practice but did practice today so we shall see.  Dotson is better than Wisnieski but it's good to have the depth with his return.

13 minutes ago, JPPT1974 said:

Just hope Myles Garrett whom not just a great player but a fine young human being, learned his lesson.

That's the thing, he is a good dude. I know people that have met him and they all say he's very nice.  It was very out of character but he still did it and then lied about it after.  I'm sure he's learned his lesson.

EDIT: and if it ever shakes out that Rudolph said some heinous shit I will be back in here to eat my crow and I will adamantly dislike rudolph. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

You said "never"... only takes one time to invalidate that.

Quit arguing with yourself.

As in it has never defined his game, everyone...even the best players have bad tackles so the latter is not something i'd say johnny spins.

I was just giving you a hard time.  I definitely throw on my shades too.

HOWEVER acting like we've played no one is comical, i don't care about the combined win/loss.  Houston nor the Eagles are a bad team, the eagles have a extremely good defensive line that is deep enough to trot out a second.  The damn announcers talked about it all game long about how they have essentially two starting defensive lines.  You all play them, lets see how you fare when the time comes.

The Eagles are 1-3-1 with the tie being a lucky miracle that they didn't lose to the Bengals.

Let's be real, if this was me saying "I don't care about wins/losses, Browns are a good team" while sitting at the same record - you'd have a good laugh.    

Philly's dline isn't what it was.  You have Fletcher Cox and then went? Hargrave is a below average starter - Josh Sweat and Derek Barnett are just-above-average starting ends and Brandon Graham is a serviceable starter who is getting long in the tooth.       If Cox goes down, that Philly line is super fucked.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:
  1. Fair enough...

And PHI...

• is #18 in run D.
  • 14th in rushing.
  • 30th in sacks allowed.

The Iggles are mediocre at best... so tell me more about Philly's DL... 4 of the 22 starters they put on the field.

Hey you better hope the eagles aren't healthy when you all play them, i was really just talking about that d-line and Slay is a very good corner.  It's a banged up team, not a bad team. You should also check to see who houston has played, "gipper"

and for those that like to mention PFF (I'm not a fan) our rookie Guard dotson was just rated the best pass blocking guard in the league.

Cool... what was his run rating?

BTW... our right side were both rated the best at their position at the quarter pole... that's Teller and Conklin... run and pass.

Guess I am not a fan either*... :wacko:

* Actually I am a fan of PFF's OL work. I graded ours for a couple years and found we agreed a high percentage of the time.

1 minute ago, tiamat63 said:

The Eagles are 1-3-1 with the tie being a lucky miracle that they didn't lose to the Bengals.

Let's be real, if this was me saying "I don't care about wins/losses, Browns are a good team" while sitting at the same record - you'd have a good laugh.    

Philly's dline isn't what it was.  You have Fletcher Cox and then went? Hargrave is a below average starter - Josh Sweat and Derek Barnett are just-above-average starting ends and Brandon Graham is a serviceable starter who is getting long in the tooth.       If Cox goes down, that Philly line is super fucked.

Hargrave is not a below average starter, hargrave was a beast for us but miscast as a nose tackle.  Brandon Graham doesn't ring a bell? you may want to check that man's career sack totals.

Just now, Tour2ma said:

Cool... what was his run rating?

BTW... our right side were both rated the best at their position at the quarter pole... that's Teller and Conklin... run and pass.

Guess I am not a fan either*... :wacko:

* Actually I am a fan of PFF's OL work. I graded ours for a couple years and found we agreed a high percentage of the time.

He's a road grader so he's good on the ground too.  I guess you are about to find out.

11 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:
  1. Fair enough...

And PHI...

• is #18 in run D.
  • 14th in rushing.
  • 30th in sacks allowed.

Let me help you out.  The texans have played

Chiefs

Ravens

Steelers

Vikings 

Jags

The Browns record would likely be the same with that schedule, are the browns a bad team?

I will wait for you to reevaluate your previous position on the Texans.

14 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Hey you better hope the eagles aren't healthy when you all play them, i was really just talking about that d-line and Slay is a very good corner.  It's a banged up team, not a bad team. You should also check to see who houston has played, "gipper"

PHI is a bad team and a good "d-line" does not make them better.

HOU was not a good team when you played them... I've seen them three times this year. I am married to a Texans fan.

How many times have you seen them O great PA-Gipper?