THE BROWNS BOARD

STEELER WEEK!

Tour2ma

2 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Okay boys and girls.  Can anyone confirm what the hell is going on with the mobile interface for the board? It is near unusable now.  I jumped on my lap top. 

I will also be shocked if Pouncey doesn't play as he looked fine closing out that game.  I doubt Decastro does.  I assume Johnson may also be told to take it slow on a return to prevent further injury. We have the depth so he can sit if necessary.

I had been having that problem on my phone,  but lately, this week, it seems to be working fine. 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I had been having that problem on my phone,  but lately, this week, it seems to be working fine. 

Its one step away from completely unusable for me right now.  It has gotten worse over the last few days. 

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Don’t worry you will not want to come back after Sunday. 

That isn't how i operate.  I've been on this board for a LONG time.  I started a new name after I lost the info on my first and couldn't recover it, I think maybe back in 06.  

2 hours ago, Vagitron said:

That isn't how i operate.  I've been on this board for a LONG time.  I started a new name after I lost the info on my first and couldn't recover it, I think maybe back in 06.  

Whereabouts in CBus are you? 

I have family in Dublin and Reynoldsburg. 

Been catching up on my Browns news, watched the Redzone last night...

Not sure why this surprised me, but the last time the Browns beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh Big Ben was still in Oxford playing for Miami. That's right, they've lost 16 in a row in Pittsburgh. 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Been catching up on my Browns news, watched the Redzone last night...

Not sure why this surprised me, but the last time the Browns beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh Big Ben was still in Oxford playing for Miami. That's right, they've lost 16 in a row in Pittsburgh. 

You're right little fella, but there was another time the Browns lost 16 in a row in Pittsburgh. That became known as the Three Rivers Jinx....until Bernie and Company came a long and broke it.

Was the start of many good things to come.

Now it's Bakers turn.

6 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Its one step away from completely unusable for me right now.  It has gotten worse over the last few days. 

Maybe your can needs a new string?

5 hours ago, Vagitron said:

And then another new name was assigned to you...

IMO, we need to win one of the games against the Steelers.  They're on our schedule this week.  So lets win this one.

Does Ben use two snaps per side, or just one...to hold his helmet on?

Rush Pass Run D Pass D Games Rush / G Pass / G Run D / G Pass D / G
Browns 942 1031 435 1482 5 188.4 206.2 87 190
Steelers 555 1016 256 950 4 138.75 254 64 237.5

I hate to say it, but this game is going to be by far the toughest test so far, perhaps tougher than the Ravens (but u doubt it, Ravens are probably on another level). 

You know what this reminds me of? You remember that movie "Major League" when the Indians are finally getting good and things are looking up, but the Yankees come to town and Hayward (who leads the league in all offensive categories including nose hairs) comes to the plate and cranks one out. Yankees win. THAT'S what this game feels like to me. We're making progress, we're almost there...but we're not over the hump yet. 

The GOOD news is, both in the movie and in real life, is we get these guys again. 😂 If we don't get them Sunday, I have every confidence that we'll take them out next time. 

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Maybe your can needs a new string?

And then another new name was assigned to you...

lol, maybe the board is just fucking broken on mobile.

and yes my glorious assigned name.  I asked zombo to change it, he said no. lol

1 minute ago, jiggins7919 said:

I hate to say it, but this game is going to be by far the toughest test so far, perhaps tougher than the Ravens (but u doubt it, Ravens are probably on another level). 

You know what this reminds me of? You remember that movie "Major League" when the Indians are finally getting good and things are looking up, but the Yankees come to town and Hayward (who leads the league in all offensive categories including nose hairs) comes to the plate and cranks one out. Yankees win. THAT'S what this game feels like to me. We're making progress, we're almost there...but we're not over the hump yet. 

The GOOD news is, both in the movie and in real life, is we get these guys again. 😂 If we don't get them Sunday, I have every confidence that we'll take them out next time. 

The Steelers are no way as good as the Ravens. We will be in this game to the end.

• Upvote 2

Why is kareem hunt beating the garrett/rudolph drum? One he has no business saying a fucking thing, seeing as he stomped out his gf.  Two, no one on the steelers is even talking about it.  All of this is exactly why the Browns lose despite their current record.  Focused on dumb shit that means absolutely nothing on Sunday.

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

I wouldn't venture over to that wasteland of stupidity if I was paid.

The good news is on November 4th the Trumpflakes can use their tears as lube for their circle jerk. 

Ah I assumed the racist bullshit happened over there.  You also couldn't pay me to travel over into that neck of the woods either.  I made that mistake a couple times, never again. Lol.  I think the first time was because Woody seemed like he needed some back up. lol

7 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Interesting and fun analogy.  We struck out Hayward when it counted though- so maybe if this is true we have that to look forward to.

the Ravens have the ultimate chess piece now. We are going to need to draft and acquire this coming year to combat that.  Ben was once that guy that presented the toughest challenge for a defense for the reasons I’ve stated before to our Steeler visitor.  He’s not that guy anymore and while the Steelers have some good complimentary pieces I don’t fear Ben and I don’t fear AB type presence or a Lev Bell type presence.  It’s going to be a game this Sunday and the Steelers have been in games all year with teams that are struggling.

On the other side of the ball we’ve added bookends to slow their rush.  We have a tough interior line unit to hopefully get a push. The best way to collapse a 3-4 is to get that NT moving backwards.  We’ve got the unit this year to do that.  I’m not impressed by their secondary. It’s kind of shocking because the Steelers are usually always right when big personnel decisions are made and they did a lot to get and now keep Fitzpatrick- and I don’t know about that move.  And of course you got Joe out there too.  

I Like our chances I think we match up okay against them.  I just hope there is no letdown after two MASSIVE emotional tough back to back weeks and we have guys just learning to win at the Pro level.  I hope our letdown isn’t this week because we can win this game 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Interesting and fun analogy.  We struck out Hayward when it counted though- so maybe if this is true we have that to look forward to.

the Ravens have the ultimate chess piece now. We are going to need to draft and acquire this coming year to combat that.  Ben was once that guy that presented the toughest challenge for a defense for the reasons I’ve stated before to our Steeler visitor.  He’s not that guy anymore and while the Steelers have some good complimentary pieces I don’t fear Ben and I don’t fear AB type presence or a Lev Bell type presence.  It’s going to be a game this Sunday and the Steelers have been in games all year with teams that are struggling.

On the other side of the ball we’ve added bookends to slow their rush.  We have a tough interior line unit to hopefully get a push. The best way to collapse a 3-4 is to get that NT moving backwards.  We’ve got the unit this year to do that.  I’m not impressed by their secondary. It’s kind of shocking because the Steelers are usually always right when big personnel decisions are made and they did a lot to get and now keep Fitzpatrick- and I don’t know about that move.  And of course you got Joe out there too.  

I Like our chances I think we match up okay against them.  I just hope there is no letdown after two MASSIVE emotional tough back to back weeks and we have guys just learning to win at the Pro level.  I hope our letdown isn’t this week because we can win this game 

Im a Steeler fan, die hard but this take is pretty damn naive. You don't fear Ben? does it look like he lost a step? Prior to avulsing the tendons off his damn elbow he threw for 5000 yards, with a fucked up elbow.  He's now PAIN FREE for the first time in 14 years and you are just like "cool, it's just ben" lol

I know you all get mega hyped when the Browns don't look like a dumpster fire but good lord this is naive. I expect a good game but to say you "dont fear ben, and you don't fear our offensive weapons" means one thing to me.  You've not been paying attention.  We just had a rookie score 4 td's last week, he should have had 5.  He's 6'4, 225 and runs a  4.42  He's not even the first or second option normally. Tyson Alualu who is our current nose, when he's on the field opposing offenses are averaging 0.78 yards per carry, that is an actual stat.  He's bookended by Cam Heyward and Stephon Tuitt.  Who are you pushing around again? Fitzpatrick isn't getting the eye popping stats because teams are literally NOT throwing at him.  I'm sure it's a stat that can be dug up but they are avoiding his side of the field almost completely.  I'm glad you like your chances but you all, especially with the injuries do not match up well.

3 minutes ago, Gorka said:

Based only on a hunch. But that's a good question for Gipper. I'm sure he can offer you some airtight reasons that can not be refuted.

Gipper!? Gipper doesn't even watch steeler games.  Gipper is an attorney unless i'm mistaken, he is paid to argue.  Gipper knows next to nothing about the steelers and if i wanted to break down his page long diatribes 48 times a day i'd refute every single point.  IF you want a grounded opinion you should be mentioning someone like Tour and even he still straps on the homer shades. 

Gipper is adorable tho. 

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Are Gorka and DieHard the same person?  Dutch directs a comment at Gorka, and DieHard responds taking offense.  So, are they the same guy? 

You would have to be a sociopath UNLESS it's an alternate name courtesy of a ban but those two names have been around a while.