THE BROWNS BOARD

STEELER WEEK!

Tour2ma

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

A.  I think he was talking about the Browns offense, not the defense.  

B. Yes, the Browns run a lot.  It is one of the reasons they win.  There is nothing to say that they can't run over the Steelers either...except, of course, you get  break because Chubb is out.  

C. Mayfield is no more prone to mistakes than any other QB.  He is about in the middle of the pack.   QBs that face Myles Garrett are more prone to mistakes.    He was leading the league in sacks, until Aaron Donald went crazy yesterday and took over the league (he had like 4-5 in one game). 

I was talking about your offense too. Wyatt teller is day to day and you just sent greedy Williams to IR. Teller is big in your run game. 

Teller listed as “week to week” sounds like he will be doubtful to play - day to day sounds more promising. 

Harrison probably out.

Sounds like we Probably have a better shot at getting Larry O back and Karl Joseph too. 

Steelers line is hurting Decastro and Pouncey.  Dionte Johnson their speedy weapon on the perimeter recovering from Concussion.

For the Steeler poster - Vagisil - I saw TJ Watt go out and didn’t come back - any info on his status? 

46 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

I was talking about your offense too. Wyatt teller is day to day and you just sent greedy Williams to IR. Teller is big in your run game. 

Greedy has not been around all year at all.   Teller, yes, is big in the run game.  But "day to day" on a Monday means he should be ready by the following Sunday.

7 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Teller listed as “week to week” sounds like he will be doubtful to play - day to day sounds more promising. 

Harrison probably out.

Sounds like we Probably have a better shot at getting Larry O back and Karl Joseph too. 

Steelers line is hurting Decastro and Pouncey.  Dionte Johnson their speedy weapon on the perimeter recovering from Concussion.

For the Steeler poster - Vagisil - I saw TJ Watt go out and didn’t come back - any info on his status? 

Losing DeCastro and Pouncey would obviously be major.  But, let me guess:  they are  day to day. 

4 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

The Board has gotten wonkier for me over the course of the last 2-3 weeks...

Same time frame as many of the buttons on pages started to look like they were written in sanskrit...

image.png.01522d6496cae9ce739df34c61240817.png

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Harrison probably out.

Do you guys watch steeler games? I try to watch division games when I have a chance. Dotson our fourth rounder has been an animal on the line. He has replaced Decastro for injury multiple times already. 

I'm currently not sure on statuses for injury right here right now. However I do know that chase Claypool took Johnsons snaps. Did you not see what he did? Lol

I also assume Watt will be okay but I have no idea yet. It's too early. 

3 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Same time frame as many of the buttons on pages started to look like they were written in sanskrit...

image.png.01522d6496cae9ce739df34c61240817.png

I did the suggested change with the theme mentioned in this thread or the other. It's still fucked up for me. 

1 hour ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

For everyone having issues, go to theme at the bottom and switch to default/browns. Switching themes corrected the issue for me

I don't think you have anything in your bag for me, oh great and powerful Oz...

20 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Greedy has not been around all year at all.   Teller, yes, is big in the run game.  But "day to day" on a Monday means he should be ready by the following Sunday.

My mistake. He is week to week. 

14 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Do you guys watch steeler games? I try to watch division games when I have a chance. Dotson our fourth rounder has been an animal on the line. He has replaced Decastro for injury multiple times already. 

I'm currently not sure on statuses for injury right here right now. However I do know that chase Claypool took Johnsons snaps. Did you not see what he did? Lol

I also assume Watt will be okay but I have no idea yet. It's too early. 

I do.  Dotson has played very well.  But I’d assume DeCastro is still an important piece.  

Dionte Johnson especially early on showcased some impressive speed.  I think Claypool is the more complete WR and he played pretty well before this week and of course had a breakout game against Philly.  Who wouldn’t want to have both available for an important game like this coming Sunday? Johnson faster of the two?  I’d be fearful on those end arounds that Steelers run with Johnson back. 

My feeling watching the Giants, Broncos and Eagles games this year with the Steelers they are a horizontal team.  Get the ball out quickly let WRs makes plays in the past it was more play action deep shot and let Ben scramble around and make plays down the field.  It appears the play caller is protecting the Oline and/or protecting the fact that Ben has lost a little zip on the ball.  Just a Pure observation

• Upvote 1

Baker better prove he can win important games.  I think he is becoming a system qb and a game manager. He is the worst ranked passer in the conference.  He feels pressure when it isnt there.  Steelers D looked bad this week..and made Wentz look like an all star. Hopefully he shows up.

3 hours ago, Vagitron said:

A nightmare? Why? I'm also not discrediting the Browns. Our front seven is as stout as any in the league. The Browns run a lot. Mayfield is prone to mistakes. I frankly believe it's the other way around. We are going to find out! Any given Sunday.

I think offensively we can run on them and the play-action passing would give them fits. We'd essentially play keep-away with the ball and then wait for Myles to make his usual game-changing play. 😂

6 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

I do.  Dotson has played very well.  But I’d assume DeCastro is still an important piece.  

Dionte Johnson especially early on showcased some impressive speed.  I think Claypool is the more complete WR and he played pretty well before this week and of course had a breakout game against Philly.  Who wouldn’t want to have both available for an important game like this coming Sunday? Johnson faster of the two?  I’d be fearful on those end arounds that Steelers run with Johnson back. 

My feeling watching the Giants, Broncos and Eagles games this year with the Steelers they are a horizontal team.  Get the ball out quickly let WRs makes plays in the past it was more play action deep shot and let Ben scramble around and make plays down the field.  It appears the play caller is protecting the Oline and/or protecting the fact that Ben has lost a little zip on the ball.  Just a Pure observation

Dotson only plays when Decastro has been hurt. Claypool is faster than Johnson believe it or not but we were using ray ray mcloud on those jet sweeps and he is also very fast. Johnson is a stud wr no doubt but our wr depth chart is pretty stupid.

Juju

Johnson

Claypool

Washington

Mcloud 

Plus ebron/McDonald.

In no particular order. 

If diontae isn't back this week we won't miss him because of the depth. 

And our offense with the Matt Canada influence has gone through a rare evolution. Lots more motion, unique personnel shifts etc. It's not predicated on it but it's been implemented. 

5 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

He is the worst ranked passer in the conference. 

By what measure?

In passer rating he's 3rd behind Big Ben and Lamar in the AFCN...

... unless you include Landry's 158.3 and OBJ's 118.8...

... which still leaves him ahead of Burrows.

10 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I think offensively we can run on them and the play-action passing would give them fits. We'd essentially play keep-away with the ball and then wait for Myles to make his usual game-changing play. 😂

Maybe you will but literally no one has successfully run on us the entire game. Melvin Gordon did alright but second half adjustments were made and they did nothing. Miles sanders had a big run courtesy of a hold on Terrell Edmunds that wasnt called. Good luck running on our front seven. The one factor is the health of TJ Watt. It's up in the air. 

• Like 1

Just now, Vagitron said:

Maybe you will be literally no one has successfully run on us the entire game. Melvin Gordon did alright but second half adjustments were made and they did nothing. Miles sanders had a big run courtesy of a hold on Terrell Edmunds that wasnt called. Good luck running on our front seven. The one factor is the health of TJ Watt. It's up in the air. 

Exactly, health is everything. If Teller and Chubb were healthy, I'd feel better about it. 

10 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

It's not like our recipe for wins is going to change.

I think we'll find a more disciplined Steeler D at the start than what we saw in Indy's... at least in the 1st half. They'll be more like the Colts were in the 2nd half... less run chasing (and therefor less PAP biting). But as in the 2nd-half yesterday that should translate into more effective running.

Then look for a more aggressive run-stop effort after halftime... which sets up more PAP opportunities.

In short... I look for the script to flip from last to this coming Sunday.

5 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Maybe you will but literally no one has successfully run on us the entire game. Melvin Gordon did alright but second half adjustments were made and they did nothing. Miles sanders had a big run courtesy of a hold on Terrell Edmunds that wasnt called. Good luck running on our front seven. The one factor is the health of TJ Watt. It's up in the air. 

Well, I'd say the Colts don't have a bad front 7 either and we ended up running on them. They stuffed us on the first half, so Baker had to make plays. As the game went on, there were more spaces for the run, I think that both because we had way more time of possession and defense was getting a bit gassed and also because the pass game made the LBs have to second guess for the runs, but maybe I'm wrong. 

Ironically Colts didn't have their best LB on the game either and they missed Darius Leonard big time I'd say. 

Their Oline isn't bad either so I see on those both sides similarities between the Steelers and the Colts, as I said in a post earlier. 

And about opening the run game with the pass game... I wouldn't change Philly's WR corps by the one we have at Cleveland.

12 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Maybe you will but literally no one has successfully run on us the entire game.

As I posted yesterday... you haven't played anyone yet... combined 3-15 record for your opponents (IIRC).

18 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Can say the same about your Steelers as well... 4-0 vs NYG/DNV/HOU (w/ O'Brien)/PHI.... teams with a combined record of 3 - 15. Not that prior to this week our wins have come against sterner stuff (CIN 1-3-1; WSH 1-4;  DAL 1-4... combined 3-11-1)... that tie makes all the difference.... But now we have beaten a team with a winning record.... so there's that.

I saw two full, Steeler games, HOU and NYG, and while the D looked good, the O? Not so much... Ben looked rusty as hell (to be expected), but it was Connor that really did not impress. He looked... well.... slower. I see that his YPC is up over 5 now so was it just a slow start? And has he fixed his hands cause they looked to be made of stone in the games I saw. Such was not the case with his rookie season as I remember.

Then today your vaunted D gives up 29 to an anemic Iggle team? Not a good sign... NYG is the only team they've held under 26 points to date.

You may be whistling past the graveyard. Did you see what Claypool did? 4 TDs? 

46 minutes ago, Vagitron said:
44 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

I think we will challenge the second level like no other team this year and if you bring that “tackling” like you did with some of those back 7 guys- good luck. 

7 hours ago, mjp28 said:

* WEEK 6 *   Ok the AFCN shakeout is on and all games are unfortunately at 1 pm.  :(

BAL -7.5 at PHI  -and-. CIN +8.5  at IND  on the undercard and then the main event,. Cleveland opened at +5.5 now +4.5 at Pittsburgh  after the INDY game results.

For all of the lines from our friends at vegasinsider.com see. https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/?s=892

Screenshot_2020-10-12_092638.jpg

I don't get what's up with how they're assigning who gets what game anymore CBC\FOX.  By all rights both the Browns and Bengals should be CBS. But thankfully they're not. The Bengals\Colts are FOX, Browns\Steelers CBS. 506 sports week 6 isn't out yet, but I'll be surprised if the Browns game isn't the National broadcast one... Glad that's the case, as I dropped Sunday Ticket for this year. Wouldn't have been able to DVR the game at home. Fortunately, the group of guys I watch the game with has Sunday Ticket. (And I'll be able to hang out with them- my covid quarantine is over on Saturday. Apparently the person who tested positive wasn't contagious yet. Everyone else who who was at that dinner tested negative. :) )  So a word of advice- be careful out there- even someone you know could be positive, and doesn't know it.  

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Greedy to IR yup...  https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/cb-greedy-williams-heading-to-injured-reserve-could-return-this-season

Nerve injury, the docs thought best to shut him down for a few weeks.... MHO is the league should make that 3 week return, and you can put an unlimited number of players eligible to return permanent.

You're about the only one who is constantly giving Vag crap BTW. I enjoy his takes.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

Well, let’s take a peek at the teams Pitt has faced so far and where their rushing offense ranks in the league:

NY Giants ranked #32 (yep dead last)

Denver ranked #29

Houston ranked #30

Philly ranked #18

The Browns are #1 so we’re going to find out how good they are at stopping the run.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/rushing-yards-per-game

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Here we go......

Next man up.....ok where are the DBs, .....LBs.......hello ?    Fellas ?

MONDAY AFTERNOON LINES - Cleveland now +3.5 pretty much across the line.

Money obviously going on the BROWNS !  The AFC  "Game of the Week"......yet again ?     :D

GO BROWNS, just do it again......baby !

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

As I posted yesterday... you haven't played anyone yet... combined 3-15 record for your opponents (IIRC).

The Texans nor the eagles are bad teams. You really think the Browns are going to have an easy go running against our front? I don't care who we've played. You saw the defense last year. It nearly carried a horrendous offense to a playoff birth. You all got routed by the Ravens. You beat the Colts but they are 3-1 in a so/so division and Old Phil ain't great. Sooo what are we talking about here?  

I'm fairly certain Vince Williams is 1st or 2nd in TFL's. We then have Dupree/Watt and Bush plus Alualu who has had a career resurgence. Cam Heyward and Tuitt. You have not faced a front like ours, not even the Ravens compare. I've been saying any given Sunday, I'm not taking this game lightly but it's always the same m.o around here with downplaying the steelers. 

I expect tough sledding for the Browns run game. You then have to stop Ben and Co. I obviously have a bias but you all should be more worried than you are. The Browns do not match up well. 

55 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Well, let’s take a peek at the teams Pitt has faced so far and where their rushing offense ranks in the league:

NY Giants ranked #32 (yep dead last)

Denver ranked #29

Houston ranked #30

Philly ranked #18

The Browns are #1 so we’re going to find out how good they are at stopping the run.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/rushing-yards-per-game

You were one with nick chubb and hunt. Chubb is out. We held Barkley to near negative yardage before he blew out his knee.