THE BROWNS BOARD

STEELER WEEK!

Tour2ma

8 minutes ago, Neo said:

he's hurt, but he flat out stunk. The first pick you just don't make whether your hurt or not. This was a terrible outing by the Browns

5 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

At what point does all that become an excuse?

Just now, Neo said:

I don't need to get into it.  You said injuries at important positions, not just in relation to baker.  They 100% have a factor, if not a big one but good teams win. The Browns aren't as good as the steelers despite what many said leading into this game.

3 minutes ago, Gorka said:

Don't run off now...aren't you gonna stick  around for Gipper to let you know where you're wrong?

I'm always around.  I just don't always post because I don't believe you all need my input all the time.(Or want it for that matter)

I read all the time.  Gipper can come through for his lashings tho. lol

-That is Best The Steelers Defense has played all year.  Their secondary was dialed in- they brought well timed blitzes, their front 7 was relentless in pursuit.  Steelers operated at what looked like 110% energy level the Browns were flat from the start on offense. 

-Ben made a couple nice deep throws.  I thought we had the right mindset crowding those slants (we need to do it again next week).  The Steelers adjusted with double moves.

-I think the first half most if not every steeler offensive play started with a Browns missed tackle.

-Baker was half Baker today and we protected him by not really trying to run the ball enough- weird. 

-Baker didn’t help himself (shades of last year) not seeing open WRs not feeling PAss rushers and then looking skittish when he had time.

-Enough of Sendejo. 

- don’t let this loss spillover to next week.  we need to beat the Bengals.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Better luck next game boys and girls

TOOT TOOT

Gotta give it to you. The Browns just became the good old Browns at the worst time. They got dominated by the Steelers. 

13 minutes ago, Nero said:

Gotta give it to you. The Browns just became the good old Browns at the worst time. They got dominated by the Steelers. 

I don't care how many Browns players missed this game via injury or played banged up...

At the end of the day, the Steelers didn't even break a sweat. At no point today, after the opening kickoff, did they have even a rumor of a doubt that they would win. 

You've got one team who has had three head coaches in the last 51 years, and one six games into yet another reboot.

Let's see how this goes at the end of the season in the rematch. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I don't care how many Browns players missed this game via injury or played banged up...

At the end of the day, the Steelers didn't even break a sweat. At no point today, after the opening kickoff, did they have even a rumor of a doubt that they would win. 

You've got one team who has had three head coaches in the last 51 years, and one six games into yet another reboot.

Yeah. Injuries can excuse losing a game (if they are key players) although you have to play with what you have and every team has injuries, but they cannot excuse the awful performance the Browns had today. 

10 minutes ago, Nero said:

Yeah. Injuries can excuse losing a game (if they are key players) although you have to play with what you have and every team has injuries, but they cannot excuse the awful performance the Browns had today. 

I'm not kidding, I can't think of one positive to pull from this game but one...

It ended. 

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm not kidding, I can't think of one positive to pull from this game but one...

It ended. 

I just watched 15-20mins. Decided not to waste more time. Positives is that we're not facing the Steelers every week and maybe the team WAKES UP (especially Baker).

8 hours ago, Flugel said:

Can you at least try to be cognizant that your buddy Flugel is drinking fluids when he reads this board?  Good thing it's only water I gotta clean up.

As much as I contemplated calling 9-1-1 for Jiggs, he's not the 1 I'm worried about.   See if you can remember who on this board decided he'd seen enough of Nick Chubb after his very 1st 2 preseason handoffs as an NFL rookie?   I'll give you a hint - you haven't agreed with him yet...

This was probably the toughest game to process and watch in a while. I expected us to lose by multiple scores, but I thought we'd show up. We were worthless. Not pretty bad, not a little off, but totally worthless. In one of the biggest games we've had in forever, we didn't get off the bus. 

The Bengals can absolutely beat us and beat us badly if we don't get back to it. I think we'll respond well, but it would not surprise me if we lost a close one to Cincy. They're very close, and our QB is physically and mentally injured. 

2 hours ago, Nero said:

The problem with the Browns is no matter what players are on the field, who coaching them, when push comes to shove with the Steelers the Browns lay down. That is it plain and simple. I for once want to see the Browns man up and beat them at their own game. It's almost embarrassing watching these fools let the Stoolers wreck them.

22 minutes ago, Neo said:

The problem with the Browns is no matter what players are on the field, who coaching them, when push comes to shove with the Steelers the Browns lay down. That is it plain and simple. I for once want to see the Browns man up and beat them at their own game. It's almost embarrassing watching these fools let the Stoolers wreck them.

All of this makes no sense to me.  The Steelers are better and have been better for a long time.  The Browns need continuity and it's something they have lacked for most of my life. They didn't "lay down" they just got dominated.  I know that's a tough pill to swallow for you as a Browns fan but the facts are the facts. I said the entire time leading into this week that you all were underestimating the steelers, specifically our defensive front seven that has been man handling teams all season.  The Browns got manhandled today and with some continuity that should not happen as frequently.  I'm not saying any of this to gloat either.

4 hours ago, Vagitron said:

At what point does all that become an excuse? Tomlin always says "The standard is the Standard"

The steelers aren't fully healthy either and I routinely catch shit for mentioning injuries.  You have to persevere, the good teams do.  All i know is there are a few people that need to eat some crow.  I've got a special sandwich for Tour on the Texans and the Eagles despite maybe the worst two point conversion call i've ever seen with the game on the line by the eagles.

Props to your Steelers, Vag, but you can shove that "special sandwich" up your ass...back where it likely came from.

Turned out after today, much to my chagrin, that you still have not played anyone.

Hopefully the December rematch will be meaningful...

Oh.... and when a team is on the build injuries do matter... more than it does for good, established teams. It's called "depth"... and it lags getting good. It grows over time once you become good and sustain it.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Talking about injuries.  All teams have them.

What part of they do not matter as much to siome teams as others do you not get?

Did you see the relative lengths of our respective reports this week?

Or did you just show up to gloat and act dim?

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

It ended. 

Not surprising given your posts in The Tavern...

I, on the other hand, can... our D played well early. After yielding a sustained FG drive, and then seeing a pick 6, they produced two 3&outs allowing a combined -6 yards net.  That was the 1st Qtr.... problem was the game did not end then.

And the chunk plays reared up in Q2...

... followed by three consecutive possessions ending with turnovers on downs in the 2nd half.

5 hours ago, Vagitron said:

All of this makes no sense to me.  The Steelers are better and have been better for a long time.  The Browns need continuity and it's something they have lacked for most of my life. They didn't "lay down" they just got dominated.  I know that's a tough pill to swallow for you as a Browns fan but the facts are the facts. I said the entire time leading into this week that you all were underestimating the steelers, specifically our defensive front seven that has been man handling teams all season.  The Browns got manhandled today and with some continuity that should not happen as frequently.  I'm not saying any of this to gloat either.

The Browns lines got destroyed on both sides of the ball.  If that was  Sendejo who screwed up on the easy TD, cut him tomorrow. Ward was expecting help over the top, and nobody  home. 

13 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I originally picked the Browns to lose this game and then win the next but I'm not sure I can keep it that way. We didn't just lose. We looked like we had NOTHING. We couldn't even snap the ball without our QB running for his life. We didn't look like we belonged on the field against them or the Ravens and that's a problem that doesn't appear like it's going to be fixed any time soon. 

We could easily drop this game against the Bengals next week. I'm hoping we dig down again and respond well. Right now, I just don't know. 

1 of 12 on 3rd down...awesome!!

Baker looked like he was on dancing with the stars.

Kudos to steeler defense for shutting us down.  Philly went 10 of 12 on 3rd down last week.  They corrected the problem.

4 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I originally picked the Browns to lose this game and then win the next but I'm not sure I can keep it that way. We didn't just lose. We looked like we had NOTHING. We couldn't even snap the ball without our QB running for his life. We didn't look like we belonged on the field against them or the Ravens and that's a problem that doesn't appear like it's going to be fixed any time soon. 

We could easily drop this game against the Bengals next week. I'm hoping we dig down again and respond well. Right now, I just don't know. 

I think they should be prepared against the Bengals.....they aren't the ravens or steelers.    But they almost beat Indianapolis yesterday, should be a good game in Cincinnati.

adf83646c64f597d5c65fa3f64862824.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

think they should be prepared against the Bengals.....they aren't the ravens or steelers.    But they almost beat Indianapolis yesterday, should be a good game in Cincinnati.

I think it's going to be the battle royale. 

23 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Not surprising given your posts in The Tavern...

I, on the other hand, can... our D played well early. After yielding a sustained FG drive, and then seeing a pick 6, they produced two 3&outs allowing a combined -6 yards net.  That was the 1st Qtr.... problem was the game did not end then.

And the chunk plays reared up in Q2...

... followed by three consecutive possessions ending with turnovers on downs in the 2nd half.

Yesterday's game was the football equivalent of Custer's Last Stand. 

But hey, I'm sure you were impressed by the few braves the 7th Cavalry took down before being slaughtered too. 😉

20 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Props to your Steelers, Vag, but you can shove that "special sandwich" up your ass...back where it likely came from.

Turned out after today, much to my chagrin, that you still have not played anyone.

Hopefully the December rematch will be meaningful...

Oh.... and when a team is on the build injuries do matter... more than it does for good, established teams. It's called "depth"... and it lags getting good. It grows over time once you become good and sustain it.

Nah, I will put it in the fridge for you to eat later seeing as both the eagles and the texans took two "good teams" to the wire. Beyond that we beat you with duck fucking hodges last year so the injury thing only goes so far.  My point all along without being abrasive has been the Browns aren't there yet despite the enthusiasm leading into Sunday.  I also feel like the "you haven't played anyone yet" will linger around for the rest of the season no matter who the Steelers play.  It is what it is, the Browns will get there with continuity.  The question is, is this the staff to make that happen? Baker certainly hasn't benefitted from multiple NFL coaches already.

3 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Nah, I will put it in the fridge for you to eat later seeing as both the eagles and the texans took two "good teams" to the wire. Beyond that we beat you with duck fucking hodges last year so the injury thing only goes so far.  My point all along without being abrasive has been the Browns aren't there yet despite the enthusiasm leading into Sunday.  I also feel like the "you haven't played anyone yet" will linger around for the rest of the season no matter who the Steelers play.  It is what it is, the Browns will get there with continuity.

Go ahead... stick up your fridge if you want to... it's your fridge and your shit.

Clearly there were a couple games you did not watch yesterday.The Eagles and the Texans both came back on teams that got out to big leads and relaxed. It happens you know. Add that BillO is not longer the Texans' HC... which was central to my argument when you played them.

No you weren't being abrasive... you were, and are, simply wrong.

But go ahead and bring up last year... as if it has fuck to do with anything.

And I've looked at your schedule... 3 of your next 6, including the next two in a row, are against somebody. Feel free to drop in and tell me how you are doing thru that stretch.

The way I see it, we have to play our division rivals twice a year. They didn't get it done in Pittsburgh this time, but maybe we get'em back in Cleveland. Same goes for the ratbirds. I would be sweet to finally beat them in the ketchup stadium, but a win is a win. Put a whoopin on them in Cleveland👍

11 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Go ahead... stick up your fridge if you want to... it's your fridge and your shit.

Clearly there were a couple games you did not watch yesterday.The Eagles and the Texans both came back on teams that got out to big leads and relaxed. It happens you know. Add that BillO is not longer the Texans' HC... which was central to my argument when you played them.

No you weren't being abrasive... you were, and are, simply wrong.

But go ahead and bring up last year... as if it has fuck to do with anything.

And I've looked at your schedule... 3 of your next 6, including the next two in a row, are against somebody. Feel free to drop in and tell me how you are doing thru that stretch.

I'll be around.