Jump to content
Tour2ma

STEELER WEEK!

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Quit reading the Browns Board Andrew Berry 🤓 

#Browns  elevated S Elijah Benton to the active roster from the practice squad and will revert back to it following Sunday’s game
 
Safeties Moffett & Benton both active 53
 
 

This whole safety issue good grief.  

We know what we have Sendejo.

Ronnie Harrison was acquired and then brought up to speed at a snails pace and now injured.

Joseph acquired as a physical tackler type in the back end hurts his hammy in practice. His play has been okay.

Delpit out before he started.

Redwine.  Played well in a handful of snaps last week.  But it’s clear long term play is in question given the competition he couldn’t beat out here.

We have people crying for Moffett but he’s had no meaningful reps in position that requires communication.  

Same with Benton. 

It is what it is this year.  House cleaning next season for sure.  Can’t really count on Delpit fully recovering next season either. 

what do we do now?  Get to QB and make the safeties job a lot easier.  Hopefully our corners play at an elite level (stay healthy too please) you can’t expect this safety group to make up for poor corner play.

The defense was bad last year too.  

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

This whole safety issue good grief.  

 

what do we do now?  Get to QB and make the safeties job a lot easier.  Hopefully our corners play at an elite level (stay healthy too please) you can’t expect this safety group to make up for poor corner play.

The defense was bad last year too........so was the record after such Great Expectations last year !   :huh:.  

On the current Great Expectations what is better is the record, at least the 4-1 start coupled with the pretty favorable ending schedule.

An incredible 5-1 start would have brown and orange colored sunglass wearing BROWNS fans trying to figure out how to get some BROWNS playoff tickets for sure !    :o

GO BROWNS, just win one more for the Gipper or anyone and we'd be so blissfully happy, at least for a few more weeks.......baby !

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Panic Pete it is! 😂

Listen, we beat Pittsburgh and I'm going to be the conductor on the hype train. CHOO-CHOO BITCH! Lol. 

We haven't beaten them at Pittsburgh since that fateful Sunday night back in 2003 when my friend and I scraped up our money and flew up there to see Tim  Couch destroy those guys! Maybe it's time. 🤞

Atta Boy, Jigs !! Dad & I, was on the 22 yard line at that game..As long as we just play a attacking game style I'm cool with the results.. Let MJ Stew attack Ben like the Washington game.. It's time for Clayborn's attacking game to show up too!! Vernon must eat up the running plays..Garrett can't wait & show up late to the party either. If we play our game type of 'Hit everything that moves on Offense & Defense' we should hang in this game.. If We play Loosie Goosie, flag touch football? like that Ravens game.. Well,,, We will lose again.. 

Here's a mind blowing BB fact, I've tracked since signing up ...When We win? We'll see 3-4 pages of members/guests on this board post game..When we lose? It grows to 5-6 pages post game... Here's a game that usually draws out the most in here a season...  Kickoff is just about 4 hours away... really thinking we will play well & sure were banged up..  If we don't? I'm in the Flugel's boat...We really have no reason to start a pissing parade post game... Go Browns!! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey jigs so how's everything down in sunny FLA going ?  There sure is something in air up north here.

Along with SD, CAL and the Carolinas too.....

GO BROWNS, just win......baby !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Dupree is a massive human being.  He's at or over 270 pounds. He's also incredibly stout against the run.  All i know is if the Browns plan to block either with tight ends they are going to be in for a rude awakening and that seems to happen a lot with you all.

Listed as 269# on Steeler site...

We were talking about Wills on him in run-game.

Earlier talked about using TE to chip him in PassPro, but I'm sure a TE will be assigned to cut off his pursuit in ZBS away from him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

House cleaning next season for sure.  Can’t really count on Delpit fully recovering next season either. 

Vets on one-year deals are likely gone.

Delpit? Achilles repairs don't carry that kind of uncertainty anymore. As long as he is motivated to do NFL-grade rehab we should see him at full speed in Preseason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Vets on one-year deals are likely gone.

Delpit? Achilles repairs don't carry that kind of uncertainty anymore. As long as he is motivated to do NFL-grade rehab we should see him at full speed in Preseason.

Even Dak with his injury anticipates coming back stronger, sports medicine inc. is just that good now.

Even MLB guys with TJ injuries come back looking ripped...... many look like NFL guys before an injury.  Professional trainers, good diets, these days guys are serious......and very well "incentivised" to be in shape.

I saw Mickey Mantle say once on camera that when they set the bat down after the season they basically did nothing until spring training...... because that's what it was for. (no kidding)

Just think about guys like Gayle Sayers, Joe Namath with today's training -and- don't hit players hard rules.  Or just look at TB12, Brees, Rivers, Rothlisberger later today.

It's not magic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Listed as 269# on Steeler site...

We were talking about Wills on him in run-game.

Earlier talked about using TE to chip him in PassPro, but I'm sure a TE will be assigned to cut off his pursuit in ZBS away from him.

That's a significant difference I've seen between this year and last is Kitchens gave some tall orders to the TEs in pass blocking whereas Stefanski does not. Last year it wasn't uncommon to see a TE square up one on one with the other team's edge rusher. This year I see a lot more chip and release type stuff. Better tackle play helps of course.

I'm not sure we've seen a game this year against a team that really really likes to blitz. Stefanski has shown he can roll with punches though so I imagine he's prepared. It's so strange having a sense of confidence in a coaching staff. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Vets on one-year deals are likely gone.

Delpit? Achilles repairs don't carry that kind of uncertainty anymore. As long as he is motivated to do NFL-grade rehab we should see him at full speed in Preseason.

Well one year deals may be back...the NFL lost some dough in this COVID mess and the cap may go down so there may be some cuts and guys thinking they will get paid that might “punt” for one year and try free agency the following. 

Let’s hope on the Achilles injury. I think he will be healthy but getting back to where you were physically prior to that type of injury takes some time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Flugel said:

 If, for some reason the Browns don't win today, don't be a pussy crying in here.  Just understand the schedule gives us another opportunity at home to even the score. This can be a fun season if you allow it to be...

All this is missing is this in front of it : "Dearest jiggins" 😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No practice update, but Injury report has good news for a trio of key Offensive players...

image.png.b68e4fb52b431dc13b6f6e2f8470f340.png

Nothing new on the Steeler front...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Here's a mind blowing BB fact, I've tracked since signing up ...When We win? We'll see 3-4 pages of members/guests on this board post game..When we lose? It grows to 5-6 pages post game... Here's a game that usually draws out the most in here a season...  Kickoff is just about 4 hours away... really thinking we will play well & sure were banged up..  If we don't? I'm in the Flugel's boat...We really have no reason to start a pissing parade post game... Go Browns!! 

If we do lose, it'll obviously suck, but it's NOT time to be upset about the big picture. If we can get healthy and STAY healthy a bit...we're in the playoff hunt and we're going to be a bitch to beat, especially when it gets cold. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Hey jigs so how's everything down in sunny FLA going ?  There sure is something in air up north here.

Along with SD, CAL and the Carolinas too.....

GO BROWNS, just win......baby !

It's absolutely beautiful here. 75 and sunny all day. Finishing up my cleaning chores and trimming up some killer New York strip steaks I got from Costco. Having my parents over for the game and life is good! 

Do I feel great about the game? No, no I don't. But I'm oddly serene about the possibility of losing. When you win 4 in ba row, you don't dread a loss as much. You can actually embrace the mantra that "it's a long season" and you can understand that you're not going to win them all. 

That being said, this game is worth WAY more than just 1 win or 1 loss. I don't remember the last game I wanted to win more this one, but it's going to take a herculean effort to win, make no mistake. 

Here's the stat that should bother people. Pittsburgh gets QB pressure on over 55% of passing plays which is 10% higher than the next team. Yikes. 

And I freaking HATE seeing Joe Haden on the Steelers. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

All this is missing is this in front of it : "Dearest jiggins" 😉

LMFAO. 

It's funny, I was just talking about how this is the game I wanted the Browns to win more than any game I can remember, BUT I also don't see "the sky is falling" if we do lose. We are a GOOD team. That's all I've wanted for so long, and we're built for cold weather. We have an excellent chance at the playoffs and that is beyond exciting. 

Up say this, and it's a bit of an obvious statement, but we're not going to win unless Baker hits some big boy throws. Wentz is struggling this year, but he made numerous unbelievable throws last week and damn near beat Pittsburgh. That's what it's going to take because we won't be able to run like we want to. (probably) 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

All this is missing is this in front of it : "Dearest jiggins" 😉

Can you at least try to be cognizant that your buddy Flugel is drinking fluids when he reads this board?  Good thing it's only water I gotta clean up.

As much as I contemplated calling 9-1-1 for Jiggs, he's not the 1 I'm worried about.   See if you can remember who on this board decided he'd seen enough of Nick Chubb after his very 1st 2 preseason handoffs as an NFL rookie?   I'll give you a hint - you haven't agreed with him yet...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

LMFAO. 

It's funny, I was just talking about how this is the game I wanted the Browns to win more than any game I can remember, BUT I also don't see "the sky is falling" if we do lose. We are a GOOD team. That's all I've wanted for so long, and we're built for cold weather. We have an excellent chance at the playoffs and that is beyond exciting. 

Up say this, and it's a bit of an obvious statement, but we're not going to win unless Baker hits some big boy throws. Wentz is struggling this year, but he made numerous unbelievable throws last week and damn near beat Pittsburgh. That's what it's going to take because we won't be able to run like we want to. (probably) 

😆  You're fine.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

LMFAO. 

It's funny, I was just talking about how this is the game I wanted the Browns to win more than any game I can remember, BUT I also don't see "the sky is falling" if we do lose. We are a GOOD team. That's all I've wanted for so long, and we're built for cold weather. We have an excellent chance at the playoffs and that is beyond exciting. 

Up say this, and it's a bit of an obvious statement, but we're not going to win unless Baker hits some big boy throws. Wentz is struggling this year, but he made numerous unbelievable throws last week and damn near beat Pittsburgh. That's what it's going to take because we won't be able to run like we want to. (probably) 

You got that right - Baker isn't going to be able to just game manage his way to wins forever. One of these games he's going to have to strap the team on his back and win a game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steelers are doing a great job at shutting down the run at the moment. If we have to rely on Baker for most of this game, it's unlikely we'll win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, that was fun. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Baltimore and Pittsburgh 76, Cleveland 13. 

The national media can go back to ignoring us. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I said one before a couple of weeks ago, sooner or later it's going to come down to Baker making all the right reads and making all the right throws, this was the game. I know he's hurt, but he flat out stunk. The first pick you just don't make whether your hurt or not. This was a terrible outing by the Browns. Granted almost every single important player is banged up you still have to put in a better effort than that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

Steelers are doing a great job at shutting down the run at the moment. If we have to rely on Baker for most of this game, it's unlikely we'll win.

And that is a major problem, we SHOULD be able to rely on Baker. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt because he's banged up, but there were some throws he made that you don't make whether your hurt or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Neo said:

I said one before a couple of weeks ago, sooner or later it's going to come down to Baker making all the right reads and making all the right throws, this was the game. I know he's hurt, but he flat out stunk. The first pick you just don't make whether your hurt or not. This was a terrible outing by the Browns. Granted almost every single important player is banged up you still have to put in a better effort than that.

At what point does all that become an excuse? Tomlin always says "The standard is the Standard"

The steelers aren't fully healthy either and I routinely catch shit for mentioning injuries.  You have to persevere, the good teams do.  All i know is there are a few people that need to eat some crow.  I've got a special sandwich for Tour on the Texans and the Eagles despite maybe the worst two point conversion call i've ever seen with the game on the line by the eagles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vagitron said:

Better luck next game boys and girls

 

TOOT TOOT

AKA Mic Drop 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

At what point does all that become an excuse?

Where am I making excuses, I said right there that it was a terrible outing, and Baker can't make boneheaded throws. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Neo said:

Where am I making excuses, I said right there that it was a terrible outing, and Baker can't make boneheaded throws. 

Talking about injuries.  All teams have them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×