THE BROWNS BOARD

Orange and Brown Report Article

jiggins7919

These articles are SO good from OBR that I decided it needed its own thread. Each week they comb through the game and provide analysis on so many things. I especially love the video cuts that highlight what they're talking about. It's extremely well done and something that you have to read if you are into lengthy breakdowns of game footage. 

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/OBR-Film-Room-Kevin-Stefanski-Nearly-Perfect-In-Browns-Road-Win-152472845/

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Yeah, but...

Still have not established our offensive identity.

Ha, yeah right! Although our identity will be massively challenged this weekend by Indy. They stop the run quite well and it's going to be an interesting match up for sure! 

It's funny, I made the same comment about doing the bootleg late in the game, and I even said something about only doing it with hindsight. 😂 That bootleg is SO there, but you'd REALLY have to pray that the DE bites on the fake and doesn't sell out on the QB or you're scraping him up with a snow shovel. I remember the Colts doing that with Peyton Manning one year. It was a very important goal line situation and the coach called a naked bootleg. Manning was never fast, but it was so open he could've moonwalked into the end zone. He literally walked in for the score. 

3 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Although our identity will be massively challenged this weekend by Indy.

If we had one... ;)

I think we can run off-tackle at these guys... check their roster... they sport undersized DEs (at least when Buckner lines up inside) and LBs. It's the old "run at speed and away from strength" rule.

I am not sure that we can effectively run our wide ZBS against their DE/LB speed.. which also give me pause about doing much trapping. But the inside ZBS and straight on off-tackle power, doubling the play-side DT to seal him inside with Janovich leading the way into the hole, ought to work.

We know what our Offensive ID is... run-first, AFCN football.

I just hope Stef knows...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Janovich leading the way into the hole, ought to work

Bro, he laid down some serious boom a few times Sunday. I could HEAR it. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Thought you were going to say "wood".   Did you purposely avoid using that word?  :D

Oh no, I was the one laying the wood AFTER the game. 😂

22 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Have you got video of that for proof? 

Well, sort of. It wasn't very long and I could only save it as a GIF. 😂

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Well.... that's no way to celibate a win... :ph34r:

Argh....the dad jokes are strong with you! 😂