THE BROWNS BOARD

M.J. Stewart: CB Blitz? 10-4

Ibleedbrown

Perusing the stat sheet l noticed M.J. Stewart popped on a few of those panty moistening defensive stats like sacks and tackles for a loss. He tallied 1 sack, 2 TFL, and 1 QB hit. So l said to Google ”mj stewart browns”, and here’s what l found.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/brownswire.usatoday.com/2020/08/09/m-j-stewart-cleveland-browns-scouting-report-slot-cb/amp/

Apparently he’s good at this sort of thing, but maybe not so good at the things cornerbacks are supposed to be good at, like being fast and covering guys. However, it’s refreshing to see a coaching staff using its players to maximize their strengths. Square peg, square hole. Ta da!

And the game was on 10-4. And he’s a CB. 

2 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Perusing the stat sheet l noticed M.J. Stewart popped on a few of those panty moistening defensive stats like sacks and tackles for a loss. He tallied 1 sack, 2 TFL, and 1 QB hit. So l said to Google ”mj stewart browns”, and here’s what l found.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/brownswire.usatoday.com/2020/08/09/m-j-stewart-cleveland-browns-scouting-report-slot-cb/amp/

Apparently he’s good at this sort of thing, but maybe not so good at the things cornerbacks are supposed to be good at, like being fast and covering guys. However, it’s refreshing to see a coaching staff using its players to maximize their strengths. Square peg, square hole. Ta da!

And the game was on 10-4. And he’s a CB. 

So I guess it’s not “coachspeak” when our coach  claims we are striving to be “multiple” 

• Upvote 1

MJ Steward did not play well in the Washington game.. Week 3

MJ bounced back playing like the guy i saw as a Tarheel in Dallas..Week 4

Well enough to keep CB Kevin Johnson to only playing 4 ST snaps.. What's up with that, coach Woods? 🤔

3 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

MJ Steward did not play well in the Washington game.. Week 3

MJ bounced back playing like the guy i saw as a Tarheel in Dallas..Week 4

Well enough to keep CB Kevin Johnson to only playing 4 ST snaps.. What's up with that, coach Woods? 🤔

I don’t quite understand the lack of playing time to Kevin Johnson.  I thought he has impressed staff from the start and we played a team that was a huge threat through the air and that slot spot was important.  Is he fully healthy? 

the other is Ronnie Harrison.  

assuming Greedy is back this week maybe it is time for a half overhaul of our personnel

Does anyone know who was on Micheal Gallup?  Majority of the time? we did an excellent job on him- he was playing at a high level this year.  

On the Cowboys' first TD pass Stewart was coming in and got around Zeke with a clear shot at Prescott. Zeke went down and then backwhipped his legs on Stewart causing a trip that was not, but should have been called. I just watched it on replay tonight frame by frame. Really badly missed call by the ref.

12 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

I don’t quite understand the lack of playing time to Kevin Johnson, Is he fully healthy? KJ has shown up on the injury report as limited since his return from IR..So as the past weeks have shown? Stef will rest them for spells like Hunt.. So maybe that's the ease in game, to more action this week? We needed KJ's length wingspan last week late,imho

the other is Ronnie Harrison. I swear,I'd rather see Harrison or KJ at FS & s00n 👀... at least take a lookzy

assuming Greedy is back this week maybe it is time for a half overhaul of our personnel...Yes! please..ground downs for #23.. and Keep MJ Stew, at doing what he's doing..

Does anyone know who was on Micheal Gallup?  Majority of the time? we did an excellent job on him- he was playing at a high level this year. Just finished the all 22.. Terrance Mitchell never gave the guy a step..Dak throws 58 times, hitting Gallup on only 2 of 5 targets for 29yrds..1 late, was Dak's great sideline throw cus TM was right in his back pocket..

in closing.. Kudo's to yourself, in trusting Teller & the OL depth on this roster early.. you were in the right to consider other defensive help before OL..great early eye call..

Edit--@Ag1969-- your all over that call above.. plain as day, right in front of the side official eyes with never even a flinch to throw his flag..BS regional Zebra's 

• Thanks 1