THE BROWNS BOARD

Week 5: Colts (3-1) @ Browns (3-1) Thread... The Battle of the Once-Beatens

Icecube

Well.... if they don’t trade for a starting linebacker and someone wakes up at safety.... id have a tough time favoring them in any matchup. 

This offense better be prepared to put up 35+ a game to win if they leave it as is....

This is a bad matchup for the Browns.

Philip Rivers is the ultimate dink and dunker and then he throws that shot put looking touch pass (Reminiscent of Bernie) in stride to WRs.  He can carve this secondary up with a controlled passing attack and just keep chains moving and keep us off the field.  We need to tighten coverage And make him go downfield where Father Time is catching up a bit there.  

On the other side I’ve watched maybe 5 quarters of four games- their Defense is playing extremely well right now. Leonard might be banged up though. You can make the argument we will be the best offense they’ve faced. But they will be physical with our Oline and I expect lots of guys shooting gaps and trying to disrupt the zone.

This is a Baker OBJ Landry game with a sprinkle of Hunt in the screen game.

Anyone remember the scrimmages last year with the Colts?  Things got pretty chippy between the teams.  This game should be a good one.

I would go up tempo on offense against their defense... And if wre lucky and we should get up on them... for goodness sake don't take our foot off the gas... Keep that pressure on!

Here is their depth chart... kinda scary...

Fortunately...

I ain't afraid of no Colts...

Who ya gonna call? COLTBUSTERS!

Offense:

image.thumb.png.ad85314cc8f7f1043dbd842642f556a0.png

Defense:

image.thumb.png.e7ac95c1eb00f04565b2b9fddf2da18b.png

STs:

image.png.c4d9c2c72d21d58fa2faa0eeb99c582d.png

5 hours ago, hx214 said:

Well.... if they don’t trade for a starting linebacker and someone wakes up at safety.... id have a tough time favoring them in any matchup. 

This offense better be prepared to put up 35+ a game to win if they leave it as is....

I don't see how this defense gets markedly better... The LBs generally are very green and the secondary is perpetually an injury mess.

The upside is that this schedule, that looked kind of tough I suppose going into the season, now looks weak beyond a handful of games. 

I think we have a good efficient offense that runs great and can make big plays (OBJ, Landry) but our Defense is average at best, so Indy has a more round team. 

Maybe if Rivers goes batshit crazy and gives us some INTs we get this game, but I like Reich as a coach and I think they're a serious team, so I'm expecting a tough game that won't be decided till the 4th quarter.

Time of possession will be key, and if we can get it either by screens, short yardage passes or runs (I believe we have the players to get that), then we have a good chance. 

I put a waiver request for Blankenship in my FF team in the hopes that this will end up a game where kickers have a huge role. 

6 hours ago, Icecube said:

But we aren't talking about 1 year, is 20 enough?

Unless I am mistaken Berry and Stef were just hired this past Spring.

I could swear that is what happened... :huh:

• Thanks 1

This game is impossible for me to predict. We're really banged up at key positions and Rivers has been known to absolutely embarrass bad secondaries. Indy's defense is also no joke and we're going in without Chubb and possibly Hunt. Yikes. 

1 hour ago, Nero said:

Maybe if Rivers goes batshit crazy...

I can't tell you how impressed I am by your command of English idioms my friend. You must have great teachers there in Spain. I

look forward to the day we get vaccines for COVID so I can meet you in person so you can put up with my admittedly now deficient Spanish.

I think this old brain has forgotten more than half of what I used to use. I'll have to go to language school in Madrid a couple of months before 

I come your way just to get back to 2/3s. Having lost so much hearing makes it even more difficult whatever the language used. They need an

earhorn emoji on this thing.🙄📣

I actually like the Browns in this matchup... However.. I would give the Colts the edge in coaching... And QB.. But I think when it comes t over all impactful talent.. Id give the edge overall to Cleveland.

Stat time.

Offensively...

• Colts are 18th in the league in yards passing with 1001... we are 32nd.
  • Colts average 8.0 YPA... we average 6.6.
  • Colts are 14th in the league in rushing with 461 yards... we are 1st with 818
  • Colts average 3.5 YPC.... we average 5.9.
  • Colts have scored 9 TDs (3 rushing, 4 passing, 2 by ST/D)... we have scored 16 (8 each by rush and pass).
  • Colts' O has turned the ball over   times (3 INTs + 0 fumbles)... we have 4 (2 INTs + 2 of 3 rush fumbles lost).

Defnsively...

• Colts have the #1 pass Defense allowing 637 yards... we are 30th ranked having allowed 1242 yards.
  • Colts D allows 6.0 YPA good for 2nd in the league ... we allow 7.3 YPA good for 12th.
  • Colts have allowed 308 yards rushing (4th ranked)... we have allowed 367 (5th ranked)
  • Colts allow 3.6 YPC (6th)... we allow 3.9 (8th).
  • Colts have allowed 5 passing TDs and 1 rushing... we have allowed 12 and 4.
  • Colts have 7 takeaways (all INTs)... we have 10 takeaways (4 INTs + 6 recovered fumbles of 7 forced).

https://www.nfl.com/stats/team-stats/offense/passing/2020/reg/all

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/turnovers.html

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I can't tell you how impressed I am by your command of English idioms my friend. You must have great teachers there in Spain. I

look forward to the day we get vaccines for COVID so I can meet you in person so you can put up with my admittedly now deficient Spanish.

I think this old brain has forgotten more than half of what I used to use. I'll have to go to language school in Madrid a couple of months before 

I come your way just to get back to 2/3s. Having lost so much hearing makes it even more difficult whatever the language used. They need an

Most of what I've learnt hasn't been thanks to teachers, but to my internet forum/video/game quests since I was 14... I learned a lot of English making friends in Call of Duty 2. But thanks for the compliments, heh. And I'm looking forward to practising Spanish with you, cousin! 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, tiamat63 said:

.... Are there english words used in COD beyond gay and racial slurs?  Toss in the occasional "your mom" for good measure.

LOL. Back in the day, I joined a community there with quite respectful people who didn't tolerate shit. It was quite an experience. Hard to come by such place in FPS games nowadays... 

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I learned all my Spanish from Slim Whitman:

Vaya Con Dios!

😂

49 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I learned all my Spanish from Slim Whitman:

Vaya Con Dios!

Well you have three words down for sure.That's worth 3 Spanish Dancers.💃💃💃LOL! 😂

EDIT: Did you learn any Cherokee from "Indian Love Call"?😁

• Haha 1

The Colts are a solid team on both sides of the ball. Definitely the best team we played since week 1. I still don't have a lot of confidence in the Browns defense but I think they have slowly gotten better each week. Even giving up 38 last week, they did a lot of that playing soft and rushing 4 and dropped about 4 picks in the process. So slowly better but still lots of work to do. If the Browns can win this Sunday I think it dramatically changes the expectations for this team.

8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Unless I am mistaken Berry and Stef were just hired this past Spring.

I could swear that is what happened... :huh:

Yea, and the dudes before that, and the dudes before that, and the dudes before that, and the dudes before that and....

Freddie Kitchens,  NFL 2019 6-10-0 (0.375) 0-0-0 (0.000) 6-10-0 (0.375)
Gregg Williams NFL 2018* 5-3-0 (0.625) 0-0-0 (0.000) 5-3-0 (0.625)
Hue Jackson NFL 2016 - 2018 3-36-1 (0.088) 0-0-0 (0.000) 3-36-1 (0.088)
Mike Pettine NFL 2014 - 2015 10-22-0 (0.313) 0-0-0 (0.000) 10-22-0 (0.313)
Rob Chudzinski NFL 2013 4-12-0 (0.250) 0-0-0 (0.000) 4-12-0 (0.250)
Pat Shurmur NFL 2011 - 2012 9-23-0 (0.281) 0-0-0 (0.000) 9-23-0 (0.281)
Eric Mangini NFL 2009 - 2010 10-22-0 (0.313) 0-0-0 (0.000) 10-22-0 (0.313)
Romeo Crennel NFL 2005 - 2008 24-40-0 (0.375) 0-0-0 (0.000) 24-40-0 (0.375)
Terry Robiskie NFL 2004* 1-4-0 (0.200) 0-0-0 (0.000) 1-4-0 (0.200)
Butch Davis NFL 2001 - 2004 24-35-0 (0.407) 0-1-0 (0.000) 24-36-0 (0.400)
Chris Palmer NFL 1999 - 2000 5-27-0 (0.156) 0-0-0 (0.000) 5-27-0 (0.156)