THE BROWNS BOARD

Bill O'Clown finally fired

Icecube

1 minute ago, Icecube said:

I think we had a survey a couple weeks ago and He was my first and only guess.  

Can’t believe he outlasted Gase in NYJ

But then I heard the Jets want to lose every game, so keeping Gase is probably a good thing for them

• Upvote 1

He's left that franchise in terrible shape... cap... no 1st-round pick in 2021...

Only question was whether BillO was a worse GM than HC.

I say, yes.

The Texans are going to be the next Jags... there's a fire sale coming to Houston.

31 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I figured he was a goner as soon as he traded Hopkins away.

Hopkins literally my favorite WR. He's just incredible. Although I'm partial to OBJ lately! 😂

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

He's left that franchise in terrible shape... cap... no 1st-round pick in 2021...

Only question was whether BillO was a worse GM than HC.

I say, yes.

The Texans are going to be the next Jags... there's a fire sale coming to Houston.

They got a linebacker and safety we can pick up on clearance? Hell I’ll take a buy one at full price get one free on LB’s...

Romeo Crennel... interim HC. Team will play hard for him.

Tim Kelly (?) OC... looks like a BillO guy.

Anthony Weaver, former Raven and Texan DE, and former Browns Coach, is the likely DC.

Final thought...

Another case of a decent HC who had his team in the playoffs going to "the boss" and saying, "Boss, if I could just have control of personnel..."

How many times have we seen that be the end of a HC?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Final thought...

Another case of a decent HC who had his team in the playoffs going to "the boss" and saying, "Boss, if I could just have control of personnel..."

Butch Davis and Eric Mangini on lines 1 and 2... 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

I think we had a survey a couple weeks ago and He was my first and only guess.  

We did....and while we didn't have a "pool', if we had, and you had him, you would have won.

But it would have been close between him and Gase.   And right now the Falcons are getting their butts handed to them by the Pack....so their coach could be in trouble.   And Matt Patricia in Detroit is on shaky ground, IMO. 

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Final thought...

That was the final straw. I couldn't believe it when they did that this offseason. 

Then he goes batshit crazy and trades Hopkins, a WR that put up big numbers with QBs like Schaub and Osweiler.

From Wikipedia, about his 2015 season: "Hopkins finished the 2015 season with then-career highs in receptions (111), receiving yards (1,521), and touchdowns (11), despite playing with four different quarterbacks (Brian Hoyer, Ryan Mallett, T. J. Yates, and Brandon Weeden)"

Tell me how many of those QBs woud you have even as a backup QB in your team... Unbelievable player. 

Bill O'Brien may have ended up messing the Texans this year even more than he has done all his years as a HC... 

13 hours ago, Browns149 said:

Can’t believe he outlasted Gase in NYJ

But then I heard the Jets want to lose every game, so keeping Gase is probably a good thing for them

They clearly are all in on the Tank for Trevor train.. I feel bad for Darnold.. He's a great kid...

1 hour ago, WarriorsRpussies said:

After seeing what the Cardinals did I'm thinking yes, precedent has been set. Sucks because I thought Darnold was best QB in that class.

Have you watched Sam play? He mostly sucks. I was never sold on him. He played on USC when they had better athletes than their opponents. He's another Matt Leinart. 

10 minutes ago, Icecube said:

Have you watched Sam play? He mostly sucks. I was never sold on him. He played on USC when they had better athletes than their opponents. He's another Matt Leinart. 

Yeah I seen him play but Gase is as bad as Freddie and they're devoid of talent, so I don't think he got a fair shake.

18 hours ago, Neo said:

I've said it before, I've never seen Hopkins drop a pass. Just amazing.

And given away for a RB who's last decent season was in 2016.....

I think Bill tries so hard to imitate Hoodie that he loses his way. You can't just mimic another person 100% and be successful. When Bill found out how much Hops wanted in his next contract, he flipped out and over-reacted. 

37 minutes ago, WarriorsRpussies said:

Yeah I seen him play but Gase is as bad as Freddie and they're devoid of talent, so I don't think he got a fair shake.

Just think...Gase thought he was too good for Cleveland and wouldn’t give an interview.

Karma is a bitch.

20 hours ago, Neo said:

I've said it before, I've never seen Hopkins drop a pass. Just amazing.

I have...

... I thought it was the first sign of the End of Days...

• Sad 1

I  wasn't or .. Am not a fan of Bill O'Brien... Don't let the door hit your ass Bill.. We know how this show goes round these here parts... Take yo self elsewhere and keep it as far away from Cleveland as you possibly can... Good luck Romeo...

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

When was Mangini a GM? He wasn't when he was our HC.

He pretty much was running the whole show in '09, his first season with the Browns. 

George Kokinis was an empty suit that was hired AFTER Mangini, and he was fired halfway through the 2009 season. Trust me, Mangini was running the Browns lock, stock and barrel... I and many others on the old board I was on argued for years with the brilliant mind that is Pete Smith (yes, THAT Pete Smith) about how Mangini completely butchered that draft. 🤣 

8 hours ago, Icecube said:

You won't get any arguments out me about his sub-par play but look at the number Freddie did to Baker, it may take another year for him to recover. If I remember right Matt choose to bang bitches at USC while in the NFL, and party during the season like a crazy frat-boy.

9 hours ago, Icecube said:

The question is if Sam is terrible, or just playing on a terrible team?  It's been the ruination of many highly drafted first round qbs.  David Carr comes to mind immediately.... Our own Tim Couch may be in the running... 

• Upvote 2