THE BROWNS BOARD

**** Official Browns at Cowboys GAMEDAY Thread

Zombo

Just now, The Gipper said:

OK, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.  This is the Browns, and we are all just waiting for the FUBAR Train to roll through this team..   20 years of pessimism cannot be overcome after a couple of games against bad teams.  The optimistic part is that now we are beating the bad teams. So now we have to see how we do against good teams.

Does anyone here think the Cowboys are not a "bad" team? 

They have an atrocious defense for sure. 

The bad defense run the Browns enjoyed for three weeks end abruptly this week and next. 

• Upvote 1

Atrocious? We are not even close to atrocious... IMO.

Vulnerable certainly, but atrocious? Can't go there...

Ours is the 5th-ranked run D. Yes, we are 30th in pass D (total yards), but their YPA is 12th in the league.

This D makes teams work thru the air to sustain drives with high play-counts. That's its design... a design to keep us in games.

Colts by contrast have a shutdown D... designed to dominate so that a mediocre Offense has a chance to win. Yet they are only one spot ahead of us in run D.

Pass D? Opposite ends of the spectrum there as the Colts are the #1-ranked D.

Takeaways? We have 10... they have 7.

Bottom line... there are bright spots for our D... enough to offset clear weaknesses satisfactorily to not be labelled "attrocious".

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Atrocious? We are not even close to atrocious... IMO.

Vulnerable certainly, but atrocious? Can't go there...

Ours is the 5th-ranked run D. Yes, we are 30th in pass D (total yards), but their YPA is 12th in the league.

This D makes teams work thru the air to sustain drives with high play-counts. That's its design... a design to keep us in games.

Colts by contrast have a shutdown D... designed to dominate so that a mediocre Offense has a chance to win. Yet they are only one spot ahead of us in run D.

Pass D? Opposite ends of the spectrum there as the Colts are the #1-ranked D.

Takeaways? We have 10... they have 7.

Bottom line... there are bright spots for our D... enough to offset clear weaknesses satisfactorily to not be labelled "attrocious".

I'm talking about the Cowboys, but whatever.

But the Browns defense sucks too. 

4 minutes ago, Orion said:

- I was soo relieved when Ward made the pick.

not the distance, but how much does that play remind you of the Pats Malcolm Butler pick in the 2015 SB Pats vs Seahawks? that play could do wonders for a guy like Ward, the rest of the season..  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Colts picked a good safety in this last draft -- lost Malik Hooper for the season to an Achilles, replaced him with Blackmon and got better.

Darius Leonard was ruled out, so we should have a better day with the run. Their other 2 starting LB [okereke, walker] also on injury report - walker is Q with an ankle.

Starting LT Castonzo out also.. someone named Le'Raven Clark will be Garrett's next victim - i mean opponent.

1 hour ago, Unsympathetic said:

Colts picked a good safety in this last draft -- lost Malik Hooper for the season to an Achilles, replaced him with Blackmon and got better.

Darius Leonard was ruled out, so we should have a better day with the run. Their other 2 starting LB [okereke, walker] also on injury report - walker is Q with an ankle.

Starting LT Castonzo out also.. someone named Le'Raven Clark will be Garrett's next victim - i mean opponent.

So are you anticipating us moving MG back to RDE for the game?

On 10/10/2020 at 2:49 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

So are you anticipating us moving MG back to RDE for the game?

If someone in the rival's Oline gets injured, I automatically think of Myles moving there. It's a good thing that he has versatility in terms of moving around the line. 

44 minutes ago, Nero said:

If someone in the rival's Oline gets injured, I automatically think of Myles moving there. It's a good thing that he has versatility in terms of moving around the line. 

Depends how good the backup LT is in comparison to the starting RT or for that matter the C & RG since they like him at LDT just to beat those guys inside from time to time.

48 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Depends how good the backup LT is in comparison to the starting RT or for that matter the C & RG since they like him at LDT just to beat those guys inside from time to time.

In Oline I feel like there's always a step down when a backup joins in simply because it's a position where there's a lot of chemistry and timing involved. RT must be very bad so you don't change MG to the backup LT. 

• Upvote 1