THE BROWNS BOARD

**** Official Browns at Cowboys GAMEDAY Thread

Zombo

Just now, hoorta said:

LOL, I love  me some politics...  Thank God this will be over in a month or so... :_  

the fires may not be 

i went downtown last week and P town has turned into a complete shit hole (thank god i moved out of the city) fucking antifia followed us around guess I cant blame them my friend Mike pounded on one of their tents telling them to Wake The Fuck UP its Time To RIOT 

2 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I can’t believe we paid all that money to OBJ. Think of all all the receivers we could have drafted that year. That one guy. That other guy...

MYLES GARRETT IS OVERRATED! HE NEVER MAKES ANY GAME CHANGING PLAYS! 

• Haha 1

Appart from the heart attack of the 4th qtr (prevent defense was too early and killed us), great game on both sides. 

Great running game, based on an OL that dominates. I would be happy if Baker is just under 200 yards every sunday if he has this good pct of completion and makes few mistakes. And if we need a big play, we still have OBJ and Landry. 

Our secondary is a liability as of today (thank God for Ward) and our defense overall is so-so, thus just letting the Cowboys get points on 4th qrtr after being gassed is kind of expected. 

We need to keep drives going all game, defending with the time of possesion. We did it untill 4th qtr. 

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Faster if Captain Bonespurs injects disinfectant like he suggested the masses do.... 😁

LOL, now let's be nice... Fortunately... The political spectrum here is a little more evenly balanced on the Browns Board than over on what is a poor excuse of political discussion over there. If I wanted to use my Mod powers- there wouldn't even be a Poli board in a about a week.   :)  

• Thanks 4

Great win!  Thank you Denzel for ending the impending carnage. 

Hope Chubb is ok.

Great job by Hunt.

Great job by D’ernest Johnson.

And Hilliard didn’t fumble.

Good job Parkey.

Myles made another big play.

Great Win!  Thank you Denzel Ward!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

The NFC East this year is straight garbage. In fact, the Browns schedule beyond the four games with Baltimore and Pittsburgh is pretty weak. 

browns nfc east.jpg

We still have The Beagles, and B-Men....  :)  

Stefanski confirmed that Chubb will undergo an MRI on his knee Monday to determine the severity of the injury.

“We just don’t know,” Stefanski said when asked about Chubb’s status beyond this week

Teller pancakes his man into Chubb, in this video starting at 4 seconds   https://www.nfl.com/news/browns-rb-nick-chubb-knee-ruled-out-of-game-vs-cowboys  🤞

23 minutes ago, Zombo said:

That was an entirely entertaining football game and a much needed win

I would much rather have a good offense and weaker defense than the other way around.  At least the games can be entertaining.

I'm in hopes that the D will start to heal up and improve as the season moves on.

I didn't see a single snap today... (MIL's 80th B Day)

Can someone give me the cliff notes with the top 3 reasons why we won, and the top 3 things that could've lost it?

Thanks!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Orion said:

I would much rather have a good offense and weaker defense than the other way around.  At least the games can be entertaining.

I'm in hopes that the D will start to heal up and improve as the season moves on.

I agree with the highlighted & I believe 2021 will bring a D loaded draft & FA period. That, combined with continued great coaching, will hasten our improvement. I hoped to see "progress" through this season and, so far, have seen improvement in every game this year. In past years, Browns teams would probably have just folded after 1) losing the early lead, 2) losing Chubb, & 3) watching Dallas get within 3. There is no "quit" in this Team & I credit the FO & Coaches with that. Also keep in mind that the Haslams put these folks in place, & are paying for this talent, so some credit goes to them as well.

Mike

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Can someone give me the cliff notes with the top 3 reasons why we won, and the top 3 things that could've lost it?

Thanks!

Darn MILs

1.  Oline taking Cowboy man cards

2. OBJ 

3. Offense mistake Free

Almost lost

1. We didn’t 

2. We didn’t 

3. Defensive scheme in the 4th. 10-15 yard middle of the field open no rally to the ball and letting guys get out of bounds. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

5th best record in the NFL, and maybe higher after the week's games end. 

Sure to move up significantly in the NFL Beauty rankings- er, the "power rankings". they all love dem Cowboys...   Not so much now because the 'Pokes D is crapola....  

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

Thanks!

Won:

1. Ran the ball effectively with virtually every running back. 

2. No turnovers. 

3. Converted their turnovers to TDs and effing FINALLY stopped someone on 4th down. 

Lost:

1. Defensive line could not generate ANY good pressure in 2nd half. It was awful. Olivier Vernon should be arrested for robbery. 

2. Baker missed a throw. I know what you're thinking, "He's not perfect, Jiggins!" Yeah, well it was 3rd down and our team was REELING. The pocket was crystal clear and Baker missed a WIDE open OBJ down the sidelines by about 10 feet. It was awful. It would have likely ended the game, or close to it.

3. We couldn't cover at all in 4th quarter and our DBs can't catch. I shit you not we dropped 4 picks today. Also, our cushion was seriously too big in the 4th quarter and Cowboys were running rampant. We could hardly get them to 3RD DOWN in the 4th. They literally just passed it straight down the field in record time. It was pitch and catch for like 3 straight drives and we won because OBJ made a helluva play on that reverse and I can't believe our coach actually called it. Funny thing is OBJ almost got tackled for 10 yard loss and then we'd be talking about how much coach is like Freddie! 😂

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

Thanks!

a little more than the "Cliff notes"  

1) A guaranteed to make the ESPN top 10 plays- a reverse to Landry who tossed a perfect 37 yard pass to OBJ to open the scoring. 

2) Turnovers- another Garrett strip sack and then an Elliott fumble resulting in two Browns TDs.... 

3) Browns then go into 34-14  "prevent victory" mode too early after halftime and try to run out the clock playing turtle ball, allowing  the Cowboys to get within 3 in the 4th. I was seriously POed....  

4) OBJ saves the Brown's ass with a 50 yard TD run on an end around, and Ward seals the deal with an interception with less than two minutes left at the 10 yard line....

Baker said it after the game- there was no need to take the foot off the gas- we had 'em way down and demoralized. 50+ was within reach, should have gone for it.  All the makings of a blowout- and we let the Cowboys get back into the game. Dak's 500+ yards passing should  give the defense some reason to pause, they got shredded in the comeback, and the Cowboys made really nice adjustments at halftime to minimize the Browns pass rush... 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, hoorta said:

OBJ saves the Brown's ass with a 50 yard TD run on an end around  

I'm not going to dwell on this now, because 3-1 is fun and I'm going to enjoy this, but you are 100% correct.

If OBJ doesn't turn what was basically a broken play into a highlight, there's a good chance IMO the Browns suffer one of the most humiliating defeats in their history. That was nearly an epic choke job. 

But hey, 3-1. ☺️

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, secondwave said:

Shout out to Juice who has been a-ok with sacrificing his numbers for the sake of the team. Dude blocks for OBJ (or for anyone, really) at 100% like his life depended on it.

He's a freaking man's man. Always has been. 

• Like 1